test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Come here if you have a Q

Comments

• mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Can you fire by clicking the icon or by pressing the default button?

You can fire by clicking the key or click on your mouse that you have set to fire by bindings, but if you have changed it, then you will have to check your key bindings to see what you have set to fire a ground or space weapon. Keep in mind the key bindings for ground and space ARE seperate.
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
    edited October 2013
    (Since I can't create new threads yet)

I've made characters on both Federation and Klingon sides - it seems that Klingon marauding is a lot more rewarding than Federation diplomacy - or am I missing something?

Since mandoknight89 beat me to it, do you have any other questions? lol:P
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for creating this thread. Apparently I'm too new to create New Threads.

Apparently I was supposed to get more Duty Officers at level 18. I'm level 20 now, and I still only have the original 20 DOFFs I was awarded at 12. Any thoughts or suggestions on where to dig up my new ones? I was really looking forward to them.

Thanks!

They are most likely still in your mission window, lost among the other missions you are doing :rolleyes: Try looking in the "In Progress" tab for your mission, and then select "Make Primary" then complete it :-)
    edited October 2013
    paulbg90 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I would like to ask how can I cancel event from the EVENT menu? I am on 4% and I want to cancel it but there is not CANCEL button! :( PLEASE help!

Click the event you have chosen, and then click the button that says "Cancel" in the picture of the event, where you would normally click "Collect Rewards".
    edited October 2013
    rogersbk88 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am unable to fire in shooter mode. The key bind is the same as it is in RPG mode and i can fire then. Any ideas?

That would probably be a bug. Youll have to contact support about that :-( sorry
    edited October 2013
    This is to everybody, i am extremely sorry for not posting lately, was very busy, but im now back, and have answered you questions, so please, ask away :-)
  • dafmeisterdafmeister Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've got a question about the Omega rep ground sets. I've recently reached tier 5, got the Adapted MACO space set complete and now I'm working on ground gear. I've noticed a warning saying you can only equip one of a particular item - does that mean per person (which is pretty obvious, you can't put on two sets of armour), or does it mean only one out of your character and all your bridge officers?

My current plan was to get two Omega sets, two MACO sets and one Adapted MACO set for the away team, and already got the MACO set for my character. Am I going to be wasting Omega marks and neural processors if I start working on another set for a BOFF?
  • jrwithjrwith Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    you can give the other sets to your boffs and you even get the set bonuses.
  • alienexploreralienexplorer Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi, I'm new to STO, and I've done the first mining mission.
    Now I need to hand in a mining claim, but where do I get one?
    I read it was in a lockbox. Is that correct?
    If so, how do I know which lockbox?

Thank you in advance.
  • QQ Member Posts: 252
    edited October 2013
    You called?
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi, I'm new to STO, and I've done the first mining mission.
    Now I need to hand in a mining claim, but where do I get one?
    I read it was in a lockbox. Is that correct?
    If so, how do I know which lockbox?

Thank you in advance.

To do the "Rich Dilithium Claim" mission, you need the "Rich Dilithium Claim" from the Dominion Lockbox (which was about two lockboxes ago, actually. the Claims are Character-Bound, but you can probably find some Dominion LBs on the Exchange) - the catch is, they're awarded randomly.

Once you have an RDC, go to the Vlugta Asteroid Fields, equip and activate your EV Suit and exit to the mining area. There should be a Ferengi from the FDMAA standing near a large amount of Dilithium crystals; talk to him to turn in a Claim and being the mining mission at the nearby Dilithium.

Whatever you do, don't drop the mission, you won't get your claim back.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • dafmeisterdafmeister Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jrwith wrote: »
    you can give the other sets to your boffs and you even get the set bonuses.

• ilovejesus4213ilovejesus4213 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Completely new to STO. Well sort of i played back when it first came out and my comp did not like it.

I am having a really hard time picking a faction and carreer.

So some questions that I am having a hard time finding answers to.

the three carreer paths am I locked into that type of ship as well? Will i be viable and helpful in a group if I go Tactical with a science ship?

I have played all 3 faction's tutorials. I am really liking the kilingon and romulans. Will I be gimping my self if I play on Klingon side? i see a lot of players in fed but I have not explored the klingon side yet.

Do I need worry about the ships? as in I see feds have a lot of ships while klingon has like 1/2 the ships and romulan have 1/4. (I know that roms can use up to teir 4 of allies which I think is bubkiss when some of the best ships are teir 5. Like the Multi-mission)

I am having trouble figuring out where I go for Doffs. i see a lot about them but not where to start them.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For the sake of sounding stupid, does anyone have a list of common acronyms used on the forums here? I have no idea what an AFKer or an STF is...

Thanks!
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    crm14916 wrote: »
    For the sake of sounding stupid, does anyone have a list of common acronyms used on the forums here? I have no idea what an AFKer or an STF is...

Thanks!
    There's an older list HERE.

AFK is a common gaming term meaning Away From Keyboard. As in: going to bathroom, AFK.
    STF stands for Special Task Force - a series of end-game Missions.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hahahahaha... Totally get the whole thread "Bye Bye AFKers" now... Wow... People who log into the CE event for example and sit there 20km away until the thing dies and they still collect the rewards... lol...

Thanks!
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    he three carreer paths am I locked into that type of ship as well? Will i be viable and helpful in a group if I go Tactical with a science ship?
    Any captain of any career can choose any ship from their faction and fly it competently.

A Tactical captain will be able to cause more damage with a ship than any other captain can alone, an Engineer can survive and repair more damage, and a Science captain can provide some additional team support tricks even when they're not in a support-based ship.
    I have played all 3 faction's tutorials. I am really liking the kilingon and romulans. Will I be gimping my self if I play on Klingon side? i see a lot of players in fed but I have not explored the klingon side yet.
    The KDF is under-supported at the moment, but their cruisers are highly capable and they have the only carrier that is available for free.
    Do I need worry about the ships? as in I see feds have a lot of ships while klingon has like 1/2 the ships and romulan have 1/4. (I know that roms can use up to teir 4 of allies which I think is bubkiss when some of the best ships are teir 5. Like the Multi-mission)
    Romulans have relatively restricted ship options while leveling up, but their endgame ships are almost as powerful as they are oversized (though their small ship, the T'varo, is also pretty good). If you want your choice of Tactical-based ships, the Romulans can give you almost whatever you want.
  • ygrezygrez Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just noticed this item in the Dilithiumn store, what exactly does the "Species Traits Respec token" do? Does it only let you switch the initial species trait or is it a full species change?

There's no description on the item.
    edited October 2013
    ygrez wrote: »
    Just noticed this item in the Dilithiumn store, what exactly does the "Species Traits Respec token" do? Does it only let you switch the initial species trait or is it a full species change?

There's no description on the item.

It allows you to choose your traits again. There is no way to change your captain's species after you start.
  • ygrezygrez Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So you can for example be a human captain with the vulcan trait?
    edited October 2013
    ygrez wrote: »
    So you can for example be a human captain with the vulcan trait?

No. It allows you to reselect the traits from the pool already available to you. There is no way to choose from the trait pools of other species.
  • deimosruhkdeimosruhk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is more a rant than a question....

WTF is with me creating a character and having to run around doing stupid quests in a freaking vineyard?!? I was led to believe this was a space game, but this is incredibly, stupidly lame.

If I wanted to run around on land I'd play DnD or something.

Where are the stupid spaceships so I can get off the stupid planet that I don't want to waste any time one, so I can play the game I thought I was downloading.

And I don't want to freaking clean out vermin out of a stupid garden, either.

Dumb, dumb, dumb!

Thanks.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    deimosruhk wrote: »
    This is more a rant than a question....

WTF is with me creating a character and having to run around doing stupid quests in a freaking vineyard?!? I was led to believe this was a space game, but this is incredibly, stupidly lame.

If I wanted to run around on land I'd play DnD or something.

Where are the stupid spaceships so I can get off the stupid planet that I don't want to waste any time one, so I can play the game I thought I was downloading.

And I don't want to freaking clean out vermin out of a stupid garden, either.

Dumb, dumb, dumb!

Thanks.
    Next time, you'll get more informations about the game you are downloading. STO is about both space and ground content.
    And it's quite story based (which mean there is a story reason on why you are cleaning vermin out of a garden).

In the end, I think this game is not for you, and you are hugely mistaken on what you thought it was.

If you want a pure space game, play eve.

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ddayargddayarg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm really sorry if this has been asked earlier or if this is off topic but I'm really confused.

Why can't I upgrade my skills past the commander level? I'm already a level 50 vice-admiral but the area to select more advanced skills is grayed out
    edited October 2013
    ddayarg wrote: »
    I'm really sorry if this has been asked earlier or if this is off topic but I'm really confused.

Why can't I upgrade my skills past the commander level? I'm already a level 50 vice-admiral but the area to select more advanced skills is grayed out
    The first thing to keep in mind is that you're required to spend a specific amount of points per Rank. So at Lt you must spend around 33,000 to advance to Lt Cmdr. At Lt. Cmdr you must spend around 93,000 to advance to Cmdr, and so on. You can't horde points from lower levels to try and save them for higher levels. You must also spend a certain amounts of points on Ground Skills rather then all on Space Skills. Until you spend the correct amounts at lower Ranks you can't advance to buy higher-rank Skills.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited October 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The first thing to keep in mind is that you're required to spend a specific amount of points per Rank. So at Lt you must spend around 33,000 to advance to Lt Cmdr. At Lt. Cmdr you must spend around 93,000 to advance to Cmdr, and so on. You can't horde points from lower levels to try and save them for higher levels. You must also spend a certain amounts of points on Ground Skills rather then all on Space Skills. Until you spend the correct amounts at lower Ranks you can't advance to buy higher-rank Skills.

I think I've spent enough. under commander it shows 364,500/173,000 for all categories
    edited October 2013
    I think I've spent enough. under commander it shows 364,500/173,000 for all categories
    You probably haven't spend enough on Ground Skills, and that's locking-out your advancement in Space Skills.
    edited October 2013
    You probably haven't spend enough on Ground Skills, and that's locking-out your advancement in Space Skills.

Ground is the same as space, I'm not sure what to do. I've spent as much as I can in all
    edited October 2013
    Ground is the same as space, I'm not sure what to do. I've spent as much as I can in all
    What I'm saying is, try and spend some ground skill points on lower skills and see if that opens it up for you. If you don't spend the 22k at Lt and so on as you advance it locks you out at higher levels. So see if you can buy some Lt and Lt. Cmdr level ground skills and see if that eventually removes the grey-out from the higher ranks.
    edited October 2013
    What I'm saying is, try and spend some ground skill points on lower skills and see if that opens it up for you. If you don't spend the 22k at Lt and so on as you advance it locks you out at higher levels. So see if you can buy some Lt and Lt. Cmdr level ground skills and see if that eventually removes the grey-out from the higher ranks.

I think I've maxed out on everything. Is the ratio above the skill the one I'm supposed to look at? If so they are all above the max.