test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

StarbaseUGC Presents: Purity - Episode 1 (10/1/2013)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Episode 1 of StarbaseUGC's Foundry Feature Episode Series, "Purity I: Of Denial", becomes available to play tomorrow, October 1, 2013 at noon PDT! Read the press release to learn more about it and view the brand-new trailer.

Link to the press release.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The best of the best come together to make this!!! Im sold guys will look forward to each episode....
  • danteandersendanteandersen Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    During that video, I was fully expecting the Starship Troopers "Do you want to know more?" line to come up.

It was a great "recruitment" propaganda film, but really did nothing to set up the story that UGC wants to promote, other than the mention of this Operation: Fast Track in said propaganda film (which I have to guess is part of the storyline). I hope that these actual Foundry missions are more interesting.

-END OF LINE
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I had to admit, i'm definitely curious as to what's going to happen tomorrow. Is there any word, if you're even allowed to mention it, on unique rewards since these are going to be featured episodes?
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I had to admit, i'm definitely curious as to what's going to happen tomorrow. Is there any word, if you're even allowed to mention it, on unique rewards since these are going to be featured episodes?

--Edited as an official response clarified better than I--
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013

The mission is going to be featured in the Spotlight archive/ tab, and will earn players the standard rewards that other spotlighted missions have.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The mission is going to be featured in the Spotlight archive/ tab, and will earn players the standard rewards that other spotlighted missions have.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That'll be no unique rewards then...

I am curious as well. I will expect them to be of the highest quality, as the devs are sanctioning these as "Featured Episode" quality.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They're doing their part...

...would you like to know more?
    GwaoHAD.png
  • venetar90venetar90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

...............*blank, disappointed stare and cricket chirps*
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just want to toss out a thank you to all the authors of this series. I loved the trailers and I really appreciate all the work you foundry authors put in so the rest of us can have more content.

Also, thanks to the STO devs for giving us Dil for playing these and most importantly for letting us tip the authors of good missions.

Very much looking forward to this.
  • venetar90venetar90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Not liking the trailer. Sounds like some 1940 propaganda commercial. Not something that belongs in the 25th century...
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • halcyon3halcyon3 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Trailer was well put together, and I am now looking forward to giving this mission a shot XD
  • cerberusfilmscerberusfilms Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    venetar90 wrote: »
    Not liking the trailer. Sounds like some 1940 propaganda commercial. Not something that belongs in the 25th century...

Perhaps that was a deliberate choice indicating some potential foreshadowing... OR... Everything is just a co-incidence..

Personally I'd lean towards the latter, but you know ;-P
    Foundry Enthusiast
    Machinima Person
    Did some things back in the day

Now a Games Developer and Researcher
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Perhaps that was a deliberate choice indicating some potential foreshadowing... OR... Everything is just a co-incidence..

Personally I'd lean towards the latter, but you know ;-P

Or its just a dream
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ...............*blank, disappointed stare and cricket chirps*

Given the amount of grief Cryptic is already getting for deciding to elevate one group of foundry authors above the others, do you really want to see what will happen if they decide to couple exclusive rewards as well?
  • matchstick606matchstick606 Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    lol when did sto become starship troopers? All they needed was a scene with hordes of tholians being held back by MACO.
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The video so reminds me of starship troops, LOLOLOLLOLOL
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Given the amount of grief Cryptic is already getting for deciding to elevate one group of foundry authors above the others, do you really want to see what will happen if they decide to couple exclusive rewards as well?

As far as I know, the SBUGC guys are the first people to attempt something like this. Once you and a bunch of your friends collaborate to create a six-part FE series in the Foundry, and Cryptic refuses to consider it, then you can start talking about favoritism.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Awesome, I will play it this weekend when I have time to do it. Looking forward to this series!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Propaganda is propaganda. It doesn't matter what century you're in.
  • naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Very nice Trailer.

I am looking forward to play Episode 1!

Greetings
    Nahari
  • ulukayxulukayx Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Exactly, they can't just make one featured mission more profitable then others, it would undermine the work of other authors.

That being said, I really like that trailer, the whole "How much does the federation still adhere to its core believes in the face of constant warfare" thing is kinda a big topic in STO that finds little coverage in cryptics official material, the fact that the recruitment add looks more like something the Federation in Starship Troopers then the Federation in Star Trek would put together pretty much sets the mood for the series, which is meant to focus on that very question.
    -
    Join Starfleet,
    Boldly go where no man has gone before,
    Meet interesting new species, and Kill them!
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I guess this means now that I can make a KDF foundry mission where you get to kill the president of the federation :)
  • kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    LOL! Starfleet Troopers! Would you like to know more? YES!
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ulukayx wrote: »
    the whole "How much does the federation still adhere to its core believes in the face of constant warfare" thing is kinda a big topic in STO that finds little coverage in cryptics official material, the fact that the recruitment add looks more like something the Federation in Starship Troopers then the Federation in Star Trek would put together pretty much sets the mood for the series, which is meant to focus on that very question.

+1

/10chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited September 2013
    See The First version for the Trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I8RdUCBwjE

I will check out this "new" Starship troopers though:)
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

To be honest, i'm hugely disappointed by this. One of the best parts of running the FE's was to get all the unique rewards for my alts as well as my main, which really, just kills any replay value for me.

Admittedly, i really didn't think the trailer was all that Trek, considering how a 1940's propaganda film is clearly something that goes against the idealistic vision of the future that Star Trek is built around. I'm willing to play it and rate it honestly, but to be fair, without the unique rewards, it's not really an FE, but just an overhyped Foundry mission. Both of which don't really seem to be fair either to other Foundry authors, or people tuning in to play this, because it's being falsely advertised.... Just like a lot of other things from cryptic, but that's a rant for a different thread.

I appreciate the answer, but it's already put the mission in a less than favorable review when you toss in the trailer.
  • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So i see the Federation is broadcasting propaganda now... LOLz, winning the war... have they even been on the frontlines of PvP battles, the Feds are anything but winning, We the Klingon Empire are winning this war!
  • pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It was a really well made trailer to be honest but really doesn't capture the feel of Star Trek for me at all. I always pictured Starfleet as being about personal development as part of a greater whole for the benefit of all races just as much as it is about service and flying around in starships.
    I know we are supposed to be at war but this 40's news reel approach really detracts from the setting and kind of puts me off playing the mission. This almost glorifies the conflict.

I know the game has plenty of bugs but do we really need Starship Troopers as well? ;)
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    To be honest, i'm hugely disappointed by this. One of the best parts of running the FE's was to get all the unique rewards for my alts as well as my main, which really, just kills any replay value for me.

Admittedly, i really didn't think the trailer was all that Trek, considering how a 1940's propaganda film is clearly something that goes against the idealistic vision of the future that Star Trek is built around. I'm willing to play it and rate it honestly, but to be fair, without the unique rewards, it's not really an FE, but just an overhyped Foundry mission. Both of which don't really seem to be fair either to other Foundry authors, or people tuning in to play this, because it's being falsely advertised.... Just like a lot of other things from cryptic, but that's a rant for a different thread.

I appreciate the answer, but it's already put the mission in a less than favorable review when you toss in the trailer.

Except it's not a featured episode series it's a featured foundry missions hence why it's not getting anything the other foundry missions don't get.

Why would Cryptic start giving out special rewards for player made mission those usually are for Cryotic made missions.
    GwaoHAD.png