test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pre-Season 8 Feature Episode Mission - "Sphere of Influence" - Oct. 31, 2013

graysmoak1graysmoak1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I thought we were getting the sneak peak episode and the voth carrier in September. We've already had the last update Thursday in this month. Did I miss it completely? I don't play this game as often as I used to.
Post edited by graysmoak1 on

Comments

• empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They pushed it back a few weeks to add something 'special' to it.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited September 2013
    Yes special ... A TRIBBLE's dream.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2013
    Quoting myself from last week :)
    The Featured Episode that will be coming out pre-Season 8 will not be out this month as originally thought. While it could easily ship this month, we're working to add something special to the episode that requires a little more time.

You will start to see a few teasers about the episode here and there as we lead up to its release, starting with screenshot that is linked in this thread.

Also, no one said it was a "Voth Carrier". "Alien Carrier," yes :cool:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Is it safe to say it will be out some time in October?
    Cehus.png
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cehus wrote: »

I think it's safe to say it's planned to be out some time in October.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So there's still hope for the...

Dewan Party Barge
    w/ D'Hookah Fighters
    [Console - Universal - Herbal Supplement Replicator]

Dewan Party Barge Retrofit (available in the C-Store)
    w/ D"Bong Frigates
    [Console - Universal - Party Amp Generator]

2pc set bonus - "Chill, man. Chill."

And regarding the Party Amp Generator console, I still want an option to disable forced emotes...I want to decide when my ship dances or not. ;)
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm hoping it's a "generic" alien carrier and will allow us to use/launch generic alien frigates. Because that would be awesome :D
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Too many carriers in this game now. In the entire history of Star Trek, I don't believe we ever saw a ship act as a carrier (though the scimitar did have scorpion attack ships aboard, they seemed more like light ground assault craft, not attack fighters).

We did see some fighters, of course, but never a carrier that I can recall.

lol really?
    That is the thing about STO that is completely out of context?
    Flying around in Tholian ships?
    A military without any uniformity?
    Constantly at war. I have blown up a billion ships. Killed trillions of lives.

But yeah, carriers are odd.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

it was posted to be a voth carrier but the post was edited if I remember correctly , I cannot find it now so I cannot check
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    it was posted to be a voth carrier but the post was edited if I remember correctly , I cannot find it now so I cannot check
    The original interview about it is Here. where it stated: "This ancient, full-Carrier vessel uses subspace technology and was created by an alien race that may be related to the Iconians. As captains venture into the new feature episode, they?ll learn more about where this ship comes and get a chance to captain it in combat."
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited September 2013

Yep, a player posted it was a "Voth Carrier", which was speculation (because it's not a Voth Carrier), and thus, one of the Mods edited the thread's title because it was misleading (and ultimately false) :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited September 2013

STOwiki at one point stated Voth, however - it currently reads Alien - and as cosmic pointed out, Cryptic never said it...
  • burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yep, a player posted it was a "Voth Carrier", which was speculation (because it's not a Voth Carrier), and thus, one of the Mods edited the thread's title because it was misleading (and ultimately false) :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Nah, it was originally tweeted via P1 Podcast's Twitter that it was a "Voth Carrier-Ship".
  • kaevwrynnkaevwrynn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Dear space God no.

Seriously. No bloody disco balls. On the rare occasion I leave my ship for a social zone, I don't want some smug little twit to force my character to dance like an idiot.

But if that something extra is frigate pets... yes. Because my Caitian's stalker fighters get blown up way too damn fast.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Too many carriers in this game now. In the entire history of Star Trek, I don't believe we ever saw a ship act as a carrier (though the scimitar did have scorpion attack ships aboard, they seemed more like light ground assault craft, not attack fighters).

Technically all Ships in Star Trek were carriers since their shuttles were basically fighters.

The true sense of carrier didn't come around until the Akira and in DS9 how Peregrines were hinted in notes to be carried within the shuttlebays of starships.
  • matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If it's a generic Alien carrier, then I hope we can customize it to look like the different factions ships (like the Risian corvette).
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
    edited September 2013
    Nah, it was originally tweeted via P1 Podcast's Twitter that it was a "Voth Carrier-Ship".

They were incorrect then and probably misheard what was discussed in Vegas at the player meet-up :) Either way, it's pretty amazing. Can't wait to fly it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Aha! It's an Iconian carrier! :P

(This post was made in jest and should in no way considered to be a reasonable deduction.)
  • unionmasterunionmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    something special!! I smell some VO from a cast member ? :D
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    why does it always have to be a non faction ship thats so amazing? and another frigging carrier that everyone can have, like the ques weren't saturated enough with spam spewers
    edited September 2013
    Carriers generate potentially more revenue because of the pets...
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I thought it was obvious; We've got starships for the hardcore Trek fans, small craft like fighters for those secret Star Wars fans and the carriers are to try and draw BSG fans into the Ways of Trek.

Can we at least get a hint on whether it's an A/B Quad 'alien' race or a Delta Quad 'alien' race that's supplying our new carrier, branflakes?

Otherwise I will be forced to offer ridiculous speculation that our new 'alien carrier' is a classic Galactica Cylon Basestar from the 1979 series. Heh.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cehus wrote: »

No. Not with how FE's go in STO historically. It's something to wish for and look forward to. But safe to say? No. Very much no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Otherwise I will be forced to offer ridiculous speculation that our new 'alien carrier' is a classic Galactica Cylon Basestar from the 1979 series. Heh.

If anything, the basestars from the re-imagined series are very pleasant to look at, from pretty much any angle. So I'd rather get those. (Not to mention the new raiders are also sexier.)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    toiva wrote: »
    If anything, the basestars from the re-imagined series are very pleasant to look at, from pretty much any angle. So I'd rather get those. (Not to mention the new raiders are also sexier.)

If they feel they need to reach outside trek.... I can never say enough good things about the X-304, make it similar to the Fed HEC (sans the 3rd ens tac because really, we're past that by now, I should hope!) and it'd be good to go. Add the X-302 pets to the various combat pet stores and it'd be perfect.

Finally! A proper human built, blocky, battleship grey ship that looks like it means business, instead of looking like some waterborne pleasure craft er marine mammal!

If they then wanted to add some of the standart SGC uniforms and non fancy flashlight weapons to the Lobi store, I might be able to keep from complaining for a week, maybe even two! Because really, we all know if we just had some real weapons in the way of P90s and C4 we'd be unstoppable.
  • endorfinatorendorfinator Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Key word, subspace, so most likely another Elachi ship, perhaps with Oschu shuttles, and for those of us that already have an Elachi ship, Qulash frigates
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013

The Kazon used carriers.

The Son'a used fighters (or fighter looking shuttles) that were very likely deployed from their starships making them carriers I guess.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I don't mind it being delayed some. It could have an issue to be sorted out. Perhaps they wanted to change up something last minute as it worked better. Story, action, or reward wise.

I'm sure it will be something good and enjoyable when it comes.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    They pushed it back a few weeks to add something 'special' to it.

Yes, and I'm convinced they pushed it back to finalize their preparations for the upcoming Great Tac nerf of 2409(+4) after which the 3rd Age of STO combat will begin...

No, but seriously now, it's coming and given the result of (being pressured by greedy publishers into) rushing things that was this game at launch, as far as I'm concerned, the more time on making interesting content for us, the better.

I love almost all of the story stuff, please take your time on it and make much much more of it.
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So there's still hope for the...

Dewan Party Barge
    w/ D'Hookah Fighters
    [Console - Universal - Herbal Supplement Replicator]

Dewan Party Barge Retrofit (available in the C-Store)
    w/ D"Bong Frigates
    [Console - Universal - Party Amp Generator]

2pc set bonus - "Chill, man. Chill."

And regarding the Party Amp Generator console, I still want an option to disable forced emotes...I want to decide when my ship dances or not. ;)

I would totally fly that...... Just because that would be really really funny and the stick in the muds would hate it, even if nobody used the generator they would still hate it.
    I heard it was gonna be a new version of the disco ball that can be used in Sector space to force players onto their bridges and dance. :P

I heard it was added because the devs received over a hundred thousand of requests for more disco balls.

Disco Disco!!!!!!
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]