test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In-Game Wedding

2»

Comments

• delbert1967delbert1967 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ignore everyone. do what you want and believe. Good luck to you both.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! What an exciting and joyous time for you both, and may the Dear Leader smile down upon you during this sacred celebration of love.

I've heard Drozana has a wonderful wedding hall, and an open bar.

And for a few extra credits belan will rent you the holosuite for a little 1v1 PvP bump and grind nudge nudge wink wink :D

Tbh as i mentioned earlier ingmae weddings is creepy to me but i do hope this translates to a RL wedding for the couple and i wish them the best :)
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2013
    Congratulations!

Give me a little more notice next time and I can get out the streamers and such.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tabzen wrote: »
    *shakes head*

Something is just horribly wrong with this.

heh..yeah agreed....

and I have a feeling it wont end well when everyone in zone chat gets a whiff of whats going on.....

"we are all gathered here ..." POP DISCO BALL !!

then ganked by a band of fire extinguishers and party poppers.....while four capt pikkards do the 'wave hands' dance between them...all while shouting immature innuendos about the bride in chat.

ESD is pretty predictable that way ;)
    What ever happens, I'm sure it will be memorable.

That's 3am for me, I'll be there. :D
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ignore alot of these people that say getting married in a mmo is bad i think it's good especially if ur together in rl now paying zen to get merried in game aka some other PWE games is lame. i've married my forsake world wife in rl and we are very happy. ^_^ so do what feels right to u and congrats.

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    synther1 wrote: »
    In honor of the first game that my fiancee and I ever played together, we'll be having an in-game wedding on Earth Space dock in the cadet briefing area at 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time on Sept. 27th. Dress uniforms are requested for all that are attending. The cadet briefing area is found just around the corner from the Engineering and Space Dock areas.

3AM next Saturday morning? Ack. Congrats, though.

As far as dress uniforms I don't have much in the way of parts but I can knock something together. Something resembling dress whites okay?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I still don't get why people find this sort of thing offensive or why anyone decided to devote so much of their own time to 'countering' it.

So a real world couple wants to play around with the idea of an in-game wedding. Don't like it? Don't show up. What harm does it do to you if they want to play this way, even if it is considered 'creepy'?

Best wishes to you both, on-topic; Hope it goes okay.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I attended similar 'ceremonies' in City of Heroes and they were great events. For that matter, a good friend of mine ended up marrying a lady he met in that game - they've been together about 6 years now?

Unfortunately here the griefers are more numerous and more aggressive. Just don't let them ruin it for you. At the very least I'd create a private chat channel for the event and turn off zone chat. That alone would probably help a lot.

2 AM is awfully late for me, so I'll say congratulations here. :)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wait it could end up being funny if the devs/GM's stealth monitor the event and start handing out 24hr chat bans and suspensions to people stupid enough to disrupt/grief the event.

Then when the losers come here to kvetch about getting punished in game they can get modsmacked again for violating the forum rules.

This has the potential of being epically entertaining. :D

My inner Space Marine weeps at your optimism. Is that what you wanted? Fine, you've made a grown, genetically modified killing machine cry. Be happy.:(

To the OP: Congrats. I do however think that it was a bad idea to announce it publically on the forums. You should have just invited a few friends. Unfortunately STO is plagued by people who thrive on ruining the game for other people. Should they turn up and harass you, do not get insulting. They'll report you instantly and Cryptic has a proud history of playing their game.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    And that's assuming

A. They aren't having a real wedding for their families.

B. Or that they both have living relatives.

Actually no... neither is true, as a in-game wedding isnt real, and neither are the chars lives, so both A and B are irrelevant.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Congrats to you both.. to borrow a quote... may you both live long, and prosper.
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Tbh as i mentioned earlier ingmae weddings is creepy to me but i do hope this translates to a RL wedding for the couple and i wish them the best :)

Umm.. didn't the OP say that they were already engaged in RL?
  • looter#0963 looter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Congrats...its your funeral:D
    Only ever been to 2 of these ceremonies playin SWG and had some fun both times.
    Be happy theres no player bounty hunting in this game:P
    At least I waited for the groom to say I do before taking his bounty,kissing his bride and off to the next mission.
    Anyways...grats to ya both.
  • kharonsoremankharonsoreman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Congrats and hope it is great fun!
    Just do yourself a favor and hold it on a bridge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    You killed the groom on his wedding day? What are you a Bond villain? :P

EvE player... They make up for their miserable existence, by ruining the gaming experience for others.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thats wonderful.. congrats. =)

Not sure I can make it.. but it would be a fun experience.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ...Be happy theres no player bounty hunting in this game:P
    At least I waited for the groom to say I do before taking his bounty,kissing his bride and off to the next mission....

heh, classic .... :cool::cool::cool:
    starswordc wrote: »
    3AM next Saturday morning? Ack. Congrats, though.

As far as dress uniforms I don't have much in the way of parts but I can knock something together. Something resembling dress whites okay?

NEVER wear All White to a wedding Unless You Are the Bride.

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    NEVER wear All White to a wedding Unless You Are the Bride.

;)

Point. Took a look at this as inspiration and fiddled with options until I got this.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i will be sure to show up all in white :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • phaserfredphaserfred Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    phaserfred wrote: »

oh lol soooooo thinking on making this my new sig :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ummmm, just 1 question: is this a betazoid wedding ????
This discussion has been closed.