What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

'Starships Collection' Giveaway [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Great Giveaway I got issue 1 and the galaxy class is a brilliant model. good luck to everyone who wins
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cptquintessentcptquintessent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Will be very glad if I win this, but i'll have to move as I will have nowhere here to keep 24 ships :)
  • Options
    tarbhruatarbhrua Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Make it so!
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Unfortunately for those outside the participating countries it's not cryptic/PWE fault, the magazine is only available in those countries listed.

So? There are tons of magazines that you can subscribe to that are usually only available in the US or the UK. If they decide to advertise on a game that only has a single, worldwide realm, it's simply an assh ole move not to go the extra mile and offer it to everybody.

My guess is, that the company offering the subscription is simply xenophobic and has nationalist tendencies ("anglos only!")
  • Options
    darrentansley1darrentansley1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    it is a great collection, i have the first 2 issues and the ships are good for scale, altho ive heard the NCC-1701 refit needed to be painted better im still happy with it.

myself like other people cant wait for the borg cube to arrive too
    Trident Gaming community

Recruitment Officer Darren
  • Options
    wdbittle2012wdbittle2012 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Definitely ready to become a fleet admiral:)
  • Options
    dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Is it one entry per household, or per person?

I only ask because my sister, father and I all play STO and all us of want to enter, but we don't want to get disqualified.

Also, just out of curiosity, which issue does the subscription start with? Issue 1, or from whichever issue is on sale at the time of winning (4 or 5 by my calculations)?

Really, really want to win. The only shame here is that the Kumari isn't on the ship order list.

Can't imagne anyone would prefer the bajoran solar sailer to the Kumari, though that could just be me. Awesome prize though.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • Options
    artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is a nice thing. I like nice things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    robeasom wrote: »
    Great Giveaway I got issue 1 and the galaxy class is a brilliant model. good luck to everyone who wins

How can you have received anything yet the FAQ states it's a preorder for October release?
  • Options
    dagfinnrdagfinnr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    These must be added to my collection.
  • Options
    atlantisevansatlantisevans Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have a collection of over 100 Star Trek starships. So glad to see we'll be getting a steady diet of new ships.
  • Options
    kel1restkel1rest Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Looks great. Gimme.
  • Options
    daxcorrindaxcorrin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is an excellent prize you have made available to us. Hopefully, this is not another post, as I have been getting the same errors others have, first I et please post a comment then commenting too quickly.. I really only want to enter once.
  • Options
    collectorofshipscollectorofships Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What an excellent prize!

I've been blogging about each issue, plus news on future on models on my wordpress blog:
    startrekstarships.wordpress.com

I've recently posted about the forthcoming Jem'Hadar attack cruiser, and my hands-on review of the Enterprise Refit from The Motion Picture.
  • Options
    yamaguchisebetyamaguchisebet Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have started this collection already. IMO the models are great.

Yes they advertise that they are Die Cast, but only part of the model is metal they rest is plastic. It does clearly state on the website Die Cast and ABS Material (Plastic).

The models do fell weighty, so you can tell there is metal in them.

I am sorry for those who can not enter due to their geographical location but that is due to the legal issues with the distribution rights in other countries. Although when you think of all the other competitions that are run (Design the next Enterprise as an example) these excluded all geographical locations with the exception of the US, so us loyal fans in other countries missed out. So that said we all lose out at one point or another.

I would say though that this is a great prize, it's ?240 worth of model starships.

I have a question though, if a current subscriber to the magazine is selected as a winner, I assume that the billing would simply be stopped for a period of 1 year ?
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have started this collection already. IMO the models are great.

Yes they advertise that they are Die Cast, but only part of the model is metal they rest is plastic. It does clearly state on the website Die Cast and ABS Material (Plastic).

The models do fell weighty, so you can tell there is metal in them.

I am sorry for those who can not enter due to their geographical location but that is due to the legal issues with the distribution rights in other countries. Although when you think of all the other competitions that are run (Design the next Enterprise as an example) these excluded all geographical locations with the exception of the US, so us loyal fans in other countries missed out. So that said we all lose out at one point or another.

I would say though that this is a great prize, it's ?240 worth of model starships.

I have a question though, if a current subscriber to the magazine is selected as a winner, I assume that the billing would simply be stopped for a period of 1 year ?

the TV ad is misleading tbh as it should state this and it does not which is against the law is it not in the uk ? , as for entering I am still unable to (something free is always welcome even if not as advertised lol)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    US,UK and Ireland only....so you know this prize has to be TRIBBLE,the rest of the world doesn't want it.:D
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Thanks to our friends at startrek-starships.com, we're excited to offer Star Trek Online fans the chance to win one (1) of three (3) 1-year subscriptions to the Star Trek Starship Collection* -- each 1-year subscription includes 24 ships, 24 magazines, and access to some of the special loyalty gifts. *Rules and restrictions apply, read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

Ah yes, yet another one of those 'TRIBBLE the canadians' contests. Whoop de doo.
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The models are not coming out of the Box that they came in, so they will be Mint in box when they arrive. (I took out a Sub, sorry STO, it is a competitive market!)

Thing is, I want to know if the plastic is a good plastic, and if it is worth the 10 sterling pounds?

Please say it is!
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A subscription to 24 actual starship models? What an interesting concept. I'm in.

/crosses fingers

(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thing is, I want to know if the plastic is a good plastic, and if it worth the 10 sterling pounds?

Quality-wise it's a toy, not a collectors scale model, the magazine is not really interesting to someone who already has more than a superficial interest in Star Trek.

If you're only after the models, just wait until they hit ebay or go for some existing Furuta models, which are of similar quality.
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Quality-wise it's a toy, not a collectors scale model, the magazine is not really interesting to someone who already has more than a superficial interest in Star Trek.

If you're only after the models, just wait until they hit ebay or go for some existing Furuta models, which are of similar quality.

So yay or nay?
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Not really Furuta & Hotwheels (Enterprise D) models are pretty meh compared to The Star Trek Starship collection (Enterprise D) they are very detailed unlike the Furuta or even the Hot wheels one, Hell they are more detailed then the one in STO.

Enterprise Refit & Enterprise D

So yeah I rather have those in the giveaway are very sexy

jumpingjs wrote: »
    So yay or nay?

For me it's a major YAY!!!!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    So yay or nay?

A definate "NAY" for the subscription.

If you get them for free, enjoy them.
    Not really Furuta & Hotwheels (Enterprise D) models are pretty meh compared to The Star Trek Starship collection (Enterprise D) they are very detailed unlike the Furuta or even the Hot wheels one, Hell they are more detailed then the one in STO.

Enterprise Refit & Enterprise D

So yeah I rather have those in the giveaway are very sexy

Still, they're toys, not scale models. Very inaccurate, bent/warped plastic parts, flash and wrong proportions. The STS collection are toy models, as are the Furuta and hot wheel ones. The difference is, that you can already get the latter ones, without a subscription, and comparably cheap at that.

It's like comparing toy cars. $2 for a matchbox car or $6 for a hotwheels one through a subscription every month...
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Still can't leave a comment. waited 24 hours to try again.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    illcadia wrote: »
    Ah yes, yet another one of those 'TRIBBLE the canadians' contests. Whoop de doo.

Well, if your government would stop pretending to be an independent country, there'd be less issues... :D
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    A definate "NAY" for the subscription.

If you get them for free, enjoy them.

Still, they're toys, not scale models. Very inaccurate, bent/warped plastic parts, flash and wrong proportions. The STS collection are toy models, as are the Furuta and hot wheel ones. The difference is, that you can already get the latter ones, without a subscription, and comparably cheap at that.

It's like comparing toy cars. $2 for a matchbox car or $6 for a hotwheels one through a subscription every month...

I'm not talking about if they are toys or not, but how can you recommend the completely inaccurate Furuta ones to the awesome looking STS ones

Some Furuta models are so rare they cost as much as a subscribing, example the D'Derdex costs a lot on some sites, and the Defiant wow some places over $100.

plus people spend Q knows how much money on ships in this game, at least with this they would get something physical, and something to read.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Looking through their proposed list of ships, I see the Scimitar floating about. No-ones made that yet, so the prospect of that has gotten me somewhat excited.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II