test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

'Starships Collection' Giveaway [Now Ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited September 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Thanks to our friends at startrek-starships.com, we're excited to offer Star Trek Online fans the chance to win one (1) of three (3) 1-year subscriptions to the Star Trek Starship Collection* -- each 1-year subscription includes 24 ships, 24 magazines, and access to some of the special loyalty gifts. *Rules and restrictions apply, read more for full details.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm logged in and unable to post a comment. I typed a message, hit submit and it says "Please type a message".
    Cehus.png
  • Options
    defwedefwe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This is so awesome, i think this would be awesome for anybody to win
  • Options
    mrsladewilsonmrsladewilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    cehus wrote: »
    I'm logged in and unable to post a comment. I typed a message, hit submit and it says "Please type a message".

I'm having the same issue.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I'm having the same issue.

Try logging out and back in, and retrying. Comments are coming in :) If you're still having the issue, please try again later or maybe try from a different browser.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    slinkiisuslinkiisu Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    yeah so am I, it's so freaking annoying! I posted as a reply to someone else's comment. But I don't think they'll count that. *really really sad face*
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    slinkiisu wrote: »
    yeah so am I, it's so freaking annoying! I posted as a reply to someone else's comment. But I don't think they'll count that. *really really sad face*

A comment is a comment :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    stonefyrestonefyre Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I got the same message and tried again, then I got a message that I'm posting comments too quickly. I'm guess I've been duped (intentionally or not) into disqualifying myself.
  • Options
    generalclark1generalclark1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thats very cool.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    stonefyre wrote: »
    I got the same message and tried again, then I got a message that I'm posting comments too quickly. I'm guess I've been duped (intentionally or not) into disqualifying myself.

Wait a few minutes and try again :) Just make sure your comment didn't already show up.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Try logging out and back in, and retrying. Comments are coming in :) If you're still having the issue, please try again later or maybe try from a different browser.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Tried logging out and in, and tried with two separate browsers (Firefox and chrome)
    Cehus.png
  • Options
    milkmanmhocmilkmanmhoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ha, ya it didn't post yet im posting too fast. :eek: Boo. :P

At least we have a while to get our comment in.
  • Options
    arkatrixarkatrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah can't comment either. Tried logging in & out. Tried posting a reply to someone else's comment. Nothing. Curse of Friday the 13th. :(
  • Options
    greenusmarine53greenusmarine53 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I hope this is working now. I would like to enter the contest.
  • Options
    dmfreddie_1426533189dmfreddie_1426533189 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I guess I'm trying tomorrow. I've tried IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome and it keeps telling me to either 'Write a comment' or 'You are posting comments too quickly, slow down'.....really annoying!!!! :(
    Join date: April 2010 ; Lifetime Sub since April 2010. Actual 1000 day vet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of: Fubar Inc.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *sigh*, not living in the US, UK or IRE...

:(

Why, oh cruel world... why...
  • Options
    rabidredneck02rabidredneck02 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    This oughta be cool.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,658 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Tried logging out and in, and tried with two separate browsers (Firefox and chrome)

Yeah, same here.

These problems are why hardly any main page posts have comments. I figured the comments were locked down on purpose thanks to how *cough* 'helpful' the average comment was.
  • Options
    saif1984saif1984 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i think that is discrimination about people and loyal fans living outside the specific countries why should they get the good stuff and we dont. I think we should have the same rights like any body else. Another thing about the conventions they have that dont go to other countries and so their fans get to see whats going on?
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Damn it.

This was really interesting until those damned restrictions reared their ugly head.

Would have loved to partake, but seeing as I live in Scandinavia, I can't.

Why have these kind of giveaways, when not everyone can partake??

Seems a bit unfair if you ask me...
  • Options
    stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Yeah, same here.

These problems are why hardly any main page posts have comments. I figured the comments were locked down on purpose thanks to how *cough* 'helpful' the average comment was.

^^^Now that makes sense. Wish I read it before...

My comment:

Count me in! Thanks!

Ah, hit "Post Comment" and told me to "Please write a comment".

Tried again...

"You are posting comments too quickly. Slow down."

logged out, back in, and...

ok, last try...Count me in! Thanks!

"Please write a comment".

Well, went from 1 page of comments to 4 pages while I was doing this.
    I don't see my comment(s) listed anywhere.
    Maybe I'll try it with Ghostery off? ...never had to before, but...

Refresh page.
    Commented: "Last try..."

Can you guess what's next?...lol

Dammit Jim, I'm a gamer, not a typist!

ok, One last time in a new browser...

"ok, 7th times a charm?"

Thanks, but no.
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2013

This is my problem as well

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    kwmcub8kwmcub8 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I am having the same problem others are, I tried to submit didn't work tried again then it told me I was trying to submit too fast. If I get disqualified because of that I am gonna be very unhappy!:mad:
    Here is my original post:

Totally Cool, and onboard, even if I don't win, which would really be fantastic since my birthday is right about the time the drawing ends, would be perfect gift! But even if I don't win so totally gonna subscribe
  • Options
    garrethuntergarrethunter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Same here . . . Branflakes needs to come take a look at this . . .
    Strength lies not in defence but in attack.
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

this did nothing.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The posting mechanism is flawed.

I post, but it appears that my post didn't work. So I click post again and:

Welcome, rickpaaa, please leave your comment.

Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry.
    You are posting comments too quickly. Slow down.

My comment hasn't showed up, but I won't try again since multiple posts would have the same effect as none.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    "only entrants from the United States, United Kingdom, and Ireland are eligible to participate"

:( What about America's hat?
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    wrote:
    due to licensing agreements, only entrants from the United States, United Kingdom, and Ireland are eligible to participate in and win the Giveaway:

What a joke.... Star Trek is broadcast in almost EVERY country around the world so I don't see any reason why New Zealand, Australia, Croatia etc can't enter. We're good enough to watch the shows but not good enough to be "Licensed" to win something? pfft Sick of this America/UK only BS. There's other countries beyond those borders...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    spartanofborgspartanofborg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ?Designation 1 of 3.
    ?S31 codename: Pegasus.
    ?Starfleet number: 45811A-Q.
    ?Captain (full rank Vice Admiral) Spartan of the U.S.S. Hermes (Hybrid) Ambassador Class Destroyer.
    Name of Origin: Sgt. Daniel Oliphant (presumed KIA in the 3rd World/Eugenics War, in China)
    Species: Human ( w/Borg Nanite and Technological implants)
    Born:1989
    Job title: Snr. Tactician, O.D.S.T. Operative within 4Sqn. S31, 102nd MACO Div. and strikeforce Omega Cmdr (lead ship being U.S.S. Hermes)

Born Daniel Brett Nathaniel Oliphant on 26/12/1989 in Britain
    Joined British Army in 2005, During a conflict with North Korea and Seperatist Chinese Militia (a conflict which led to WW3) in 2021 whilst parachuting into a location B.E.L, found that a strange light encircled him! three days later he was prosumed M.I.A.
    He was never seen again!
    C/Sgt Oliphant (Oli) woke up in a blind sweat encaged in what seemed like a web of lights...he could make out strange clicking dialect often with high pitched squeals, for days he kept coming in and out of conciousness, little did he know where was! unbenownst to Oli he would not have freedom over what he did for nearly 3 Centuries! (unkown fractured memories) he had in fact been abducted by a Tholian-like Ship observing Earth, Oli woke 5 days later aboard this ship, an was then Knocked unconcious by a Stun Phaser, he did not wake again for 8 days, on the 14th day he awoke being dragged through the ship by a creature with red eyes and multiple limbs he was injected with a serum and fell in to a drug enduced coma! 3 days later he was place into cryogen-bio-stasis and was in tholian hands up until the stardate 2130. it was at this point in time that he would find himself being passed (or stolen as fate would have it) into the hands of another species...Klingon!!! Oli's memories of the klingons is vivid,as it is this species that he was 'assimilated' with! On an unkown date the Klingon ship was thrown into the edge of the delta quadrant by a asei-nebulic storm, unfortunately, into the midst of a war between Borg and a Insectoid Fleet above the planet Kreynt, thus came about the assimilation of Kreynt, inhabitants and the Klingon Vessel! In the S31 Archives more can be found of the memories of Oli from that point till detachment from the hive mind.
    (Spartan) joined Starfleet around the time the Ent-E was launched, he graduated with the highest qualifactions but was unruly and stubborn, but determined.
    Resistance Is Futile........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    For those still having an issue commenting, I apologize and appreciate your patience. Please try again later if you'd like. Comments continue to come in so it may be due to the demand.
    otowi wrote: »
    Damn it.

This was really interesting until those damned restrictions reared their ugly head.

Would have loved to partake, but seeing as I live in Scandinavia, I can't.

Why have these kind of giveaways, when not everyone can partake??

Seems a bit unfair if you ask me...

The country restrictions are solely due to the licensing agreement that startrek-starships.com holds with it's licensor -- at this time, they are licensed to provide this product in the US, UK and Ireland, and is why the giveaway needed to have the restrictions it does. I apologize to anyone who won't be able to participate due to this.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    For those still having an issue commenting, I apologize and appreciate your patience. Please try again later if you'd like. Comments continue to come in so it may be due to the demand.

The country restrictions are solely due to the licensing agreement that startrek-starships.com holds with it's licensor -- at this time, they are licensed to provide this product in the US, UK and Ireland, and is why the giveaway needed to have the restrictions it does. I apologize to anyone who won't be able to participate due to this.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Can we get a free doff then? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010