test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hearts and Minds Returns [Now Complete]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited September 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
As this Friday is the 13th, Hearts and Minds returns for one day only. Read more to learn about this special mini-mission.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I like that mission... but... isn't it time you did something new for Friday 13th?
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
  • hylanvahrhylanvahr Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Excellent! Been looking forward to this event since LoR launched. The doff reward could be very useful for my mind draining Reman on the ground. ;-)
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    saekiith wrote: »
    I like that mission... but... isn't it time you did something new for Friday 13th?

Would be nice if there was something with sto'vo'kor or grethor for friday 13th/halloween.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Would be nice if there was something with sto'vo'kor or grethor for friday 13th/halloween.

I tend to have a punch up on the barge of the the dead on those days... just feels right (although how the heck I brought my starships orbital beam blast to grethor is a question I'll always ponder..)
  • wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Have yet to play the mission, however, I just wanted to say I love the idea behind mission(s) being offered on special dates! However, new missions would be good to have added, of the same theme, in order to rotate, so not the same every time.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited September 2013
    Odd that western cultures associate Friday the 13th with horror as opposed to bad luck or treachery.

The origins in literature are a bit murky having connections to the day Christ was crucified, or the day the Templars were snuffed out by the Church - or a dozen other possible connections.

None of them deal with horror though. (yeah, crucification is horror)

Interesting read on wikipedia if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th
  • rabidredneck02rabidredneck02 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Helpful hint, be sure you're wearing an environment suit at the beginning. I learned that the hard way last time I played this.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Also on the first time I ever played I died twice in the first area. third time I entered there it didnt effect me at all...
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Awesome! Never done this mission before. I will do this one to see whats it about. Looks like fun!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    burstorion wrote: »
    I tend to have a punch up on the barge of the the dead on those days... just feels right (although how the heck I brought my starships orbital beam blast to grethor is a question I'll always ponder..)

My thought was that sto'vo'kor and grethor was one of those things like that one voyager episode where the dead went somewhere else or either to a different dimension kinda like the undine and devidians. Depending on how once could perceive these places they could be eventually found and be able to bring a ship lol.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    saekiith wrote: »

It's an awesome Mission but stuffed if I'm doing because I really don't want Sibak triplets

"NOTE: If you have completed the mission before, you will be able to acquire and complete it again to earn another copy of the reward."

Maybe an alternate reward for people that already have the original would have been a smarter option...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I never played that mission, so good occasion to do so....
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'll never understand why they insist this mission is creepy, it's boring. "What lies beneath" when the hologram starts the whole bonniekin thing out of the blue is creepier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    I'll never understand why they insist this mission is creepy, it's boring. "What lies beneath" when the hologram starts the whole bonniekin thing out of the blue is creepier.

Agreed ^^^

I found this mission to short boring and left me scratching my head as to why cryptic insists this is creepy...its actually funny makes me wonder if thats how the tovan khev clones were made lol

Common cryptic you guys made LoR make a better mission next time this one was laughable heck "What lies beneath" is creepier then hearts and minds.
  • bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Haha! When I first played it, it always gave me the Creeps:)

Quote Owner
    "This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • bmtb17bmtb17 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Been looking forward to playing this since I fist heard about it but I stuffed it up with my fed at the beginning and now I can't go back in to finish it :( I'll have to wait until next fri 13th I guess
  • floppytechiefloppytechie Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2013

agreed,that mission was super creepy :eek:
    Proud owner of every ship with hangers ingame
    Flagship - N.C.C.-99635-A U.S.S. Asterion

I support playable Typhoon class!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    bmtb17 wrote: »
    Been looking forward to playing this since I fist heard about it but I stuffed it up with my fed at the beginning and now I can't go back in to finish it :( I'll have to wait until next fri 13th I guess

This mission is also available for halloween (October 31). Also, the next Friday the 13th is in December this year.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I like the mission, but it is far from creepy, maybe we have just got used to it, so maybe it should be retired in place of a more sinister scarier one. A more "What lies beneath" and a touch of F.E.A.R. thrown in should go down well.

As the Suliban are partcial to climbing on ceilings, a mission by flashlight hunting Suliban could work.
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    An absolute highlight on this dark and foreboding day!

---
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It was a mission one of the devs did in his spare time and added wasn't it?, well I appreciate it as its a little bit of fun, would be nice to have a more creepier one added for Halloween and this one during the Fri13th days
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Friday the 13th is about a day being unlucky ...so how does this mission convey that? it doesnt

Is it creepy? no it is not its actually comical

If you want a creepy mission for halloween cryptic why not pattern a mission similar to "What lies Beneath" the hologram going around saying bonniekin and killing people is creepy and the setting is a dark twisted place...thats creepy .

But hearts and minds? is not creepy cryptic
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Odd that western cultures associate Friday the 13th with horror as opposed to bad luck or treachery.

Growing up in said Western culture, Friday the 13th was, in my circle anyways, about bad luck. It was a day that brought bad luck. Just like breaking a mirror, black cats and all that other stuff.

I don't think horror really came into the picture until someone dreamed up THIS GUY.

Anyway, I look forward to playing this mission for the first time.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The mission is nice for one time play, but the doffs are mediocre.

If you want an event for Friday the 13th involving horror then it should double rewards on STF like Mine Trap.

Give dilithium rewards for spooky missions in the Devidian arc, perhaps launch Fek'lir or Elachi Red Alerts across the universe.

Just some thoughts on the subject.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • darkspeakerdarkspeaker Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why is Dr. Sibak listed as an advisor and not a doctor?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Why is Dr. Sibak listed as an advisor and not a doctor?

Because his bedside manner is worse than the EMH mark 1?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Think the reward should be a doff with a hockey mask rather than a clone :P
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    already have 4 of these doffs :P , now where is my voth ship :P
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited September 2013
    Allot of people associate Friday 13th with horror is because of the movies of the same title. It is associated with bad luck because of the number 13 and its the last day of the work week so it forebodes a bad weekend. caused by whatever bad thing happens on friday.

I quite enjoyed the mission, the surprise at the start was excelent and got me good. I didnt find it to fit the horror genre, maybe closer to suspense. But it does fit the bad luck them.. The player had the bad luck of accepting the mission and seeing what happened on the station. The doc had some serious corpseifying bad luck.

As for horror... like others have said... Bonniekin! that was a creepy mission and the spiders and ghosts didnt help.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
This discussion has been closed.