test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

who miss garack ?

czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
i realy miss this character, he was of best characters in DS9, yes even better than ben sisko. I will love to see him in game, damn even i will pay to run some missions for him.
Post edited by czertik123 on

Comments

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not me!!!!:mad:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    he really should be the tailor on DS9 ...

edited August 2013
    I think he's an official in the new Cardassian Union. There's a chance we could see him if there were ever a Cardassian faction, or if any missions call for a liason with the Cardassian government.

How great would it be for Garak and Franklin Drake to coordinate a Section 31/Obsidian Order joint operation?
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    I think he's an official in the new Cardassian Union. There's a chance we could see him if there were ever a Cardassian faction, or if any missions call for a liason with the Cardassian government.

How great would it be for Garak and Franklin Drake to coordinate a Section 31/Obsidian Order joint operation?

If S31's onscreen behavior is any indication, they're pretty incompetent and always get outsmarted or outmaneuvered. Garak would be making a farce out of them on any mission.
  • Options
    galr25galr25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    He is meant to be a member of the new government on Cardassia (Detapa Council), If they bring in the Cardassian Faction (most likely in the same format as the Romulan faction) if they can get Andrew Robinson in to voice him I'm certain Garak would be the person you report to and if you ask me that would be epic.
    It might not be very hard for STO to get him involved either as he loves the character and wrote a book himself to extend the story of Garak.
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How old he must be now in the year 2409?

I miss his store on DS9 too, like some other stores and rooms on DS? I don't like the current map at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    he really should be the tailor on DS9 ...

Or a gardener on New Romulus :D
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Not me!!!!:mad:

Why you dislike him ?
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    czertik123 wrote: »
    Why you dislike him ?

This
    and this
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    gotta admit...I like Garak & Dukat both....

must be that Cardassian disposition I love so much.
    edited August 2013
    I miss Garak! He's my favourite Star Trek character. :)

Nothing in STO would make me happier that to have a Cardassian faction where you get your orders from Garak. And I'd even pay for them to bring Andrew Robinson to do Garak voiceovers. That would be my happiest day in STO. :)

Focus Cryptic and drop the idiotic Borg idea. :mad: I'm still waiting for my Cardassian faction! ;)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

well, what he did wrong in first video ? because he bbetrayed someone who put his ambition over needs of hist state ? well if everyone acted liek him, you will see much less coruption is state sector in any state on today earth.

And second video ? he didnt betrayed anyone, he was not member of federation, he was still cardasion Citizen , curently refugee at starfleet station. And he simply contacted his homeword to prepare for invasion from enemies.
    And no, garak didnt belived that shapeshifters rule cardasia (which later was proved true).
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    czertik123 wrote: »
    well, what he did wrong in first video ? because he bbetrayed someone who put his ambition over needs of hist state ? well if everyone acted liek him, you will see much less coruption is state sector in any state on today earth.

And second video ? he didnt betrayed anyone, he was not member of federation, he was still cardasion Citizen , curently refugee at starfleet station. And he simply contacted his homeword to prepare for invasion from enemies.
    And no, garak didnt belived that shapeshifters rule cardasia (which later was proved true).

I think you missed his point. He is Dukat *points at neoakiraii's avatar* and therefore he hates Garak. :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    loooooooooooooooool. I MISSED that. lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    Focus Cryptic and drop the idiotic Borg idea. :mad: I'm still waiting for my Cardassian faction! ;)

A Borg faction would the worst idea ever even thought of in the entire star trek universe.

FOR CARDASSIA!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    and how do you want to play as borgs ? as indivuduals like hue ? but whel what thier gold will be ? unite uder lore leadership ? :)

I think cardasian faction - and garak - is much better way to go.
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited August 2013
    sonnikku wrote: »
    If S31's onscreen behavior is any indication, they're pretty incompetent and always get outsmarted or outmaneuvered. Garak would be making a farce out of them on any mission.

I didn't get that impression. The only time Section 31 'fails' is the last Section 31-based mission. Even that business with the Romulans played right into Section 31's hands.

I think they'd be a match for whatever Garak could come up with, honestly.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    jrwithjrwith Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jeffel82 wrote: »

he was referenced in one mission for the Cardassian storyline.
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited August 2013
    Garak, new VoiceOver and a Cardassian faction, yes please!

Cryptic ... Stuff the lock boxes ... Here is $20 for another starter pack if you make it happen.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    playable Cardies and Suliban too perhaps..

playable Faction? 2016 after the Voyager themed S8 and the long awaited PVP and crafting update

Garak? I LOVE GARAK! Bring him in! (and fix DS9)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Garak was one of those characters that made your blood freeze at times.

at least with Dukat, you knew he was evilly inclined all the time....

with Garek...you grow to love him...then something reveals itself about him that makes you feel like you are harboring a serial killer.

edited August 2013
    Garak was so incredibly awesome.

Get him into sto. Cardassian faction for sure.

Don't dump him in that tailor shop again, he is important on Cardassia these days.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    At the very least he could be an easter egg NPC in DS9, kinda like Maq the Liar is to Elder Scrolls.

But of course if there were to be a playable faction, he should definitely be a figurehead in it. Or someone with a very similar character, like his son or something.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    I didn't get that impression. The only time Section 31 'fails' is the last Section 31-based mission. Even that business with the Romulans played right into Section 31's hands.

I think they'd be a match for whatever Garak could come up with, honestly.

Man, Garak is a legend! He would play Section 31 like a bunch of kids in pre-school.
    If Dr.Julian Bashir could out-play Sloan, I can only imagine how badly Garak could mess with their heads. :D
    Garak was one of those characters that made your blood freeze at times.

with Garek...you grow to love him...then something reveals itself about him that makes you feel like you are harboring a serial killer.

lol :D Exactly!
    coupaholic wrote: »
    At the very least he could be an easter egg NPC in DS9, kinda like Maq the Liar is to Elder Scrolls.

But of course if there were to be a playable faction, he should definitely be a figurehead in it. Or someone with a very similar character, like his son or something.

Well, he is suposed to be a part of the Cardassian government now, so I doubt we'd see him on DS9.
    But, that also means he's still around so we don't need to imagine a similar char. like his son, we just need to get Andrew Robinson for VO and bring Garak in game! :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Dukat spent most of one of the DS9 series a good guy , when he had the Bird of prey and even got along with Kira and found his half Bajoran daughter etc.
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Dukat was just pretty much pure insane evil. everything he ever did was for his own personal interest. He was the best villan ever.

Garack is by far one of the most memorable and quotable characters ever. I'd play through an entire cardassian faction just to hear Garack give voice overs and thoroughly confuse the player with double speak and visciously honest advice.
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Or a gardener on New Romulus :D

I think I see what you did there. A stitch in time? =)
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GARAK: I take it your character is some kind of rich dilettante with a fascination for women and weapons.
    BASHIR: Actually, my character is far more disreputable. I'm a spy.
    GARAK: A spy? And you live here?
    BASHIR: Yes. I work for one of the nation states of this era, Great Britain, which is battling various other nations in what is called the Cold War. This apartment, my clothes, weapons, even my valet were provided to me by my government.
    GARAK: I think I joined the wrong intelligence service.

My story is he has become a gardener in Starfleet Academy and a Agent of S31 recruiting new cadets ... :rolleyes::cool:;)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    galr25 wrote: »
    Dukat spent most of one of the DS9 series a good guy , when he had the Bird of prey and even got along with Kira and found his half Bajoran daughter etc.

I dont see it that way at all.... I felt he was trying to hide and/or bury his past in order to regain his authority in order to perpetrate his goals. Perhaps at times he wished he could change for the better and tried to be someone he wasnt, but his destined nature always kept his heart black and pulled him back.

He was the ultimate manipulator.

Dukat 'always' had an ulterior motive IMO....and it was never a 'good' one.

edited August 2013
    garaks31 wrote: »
    GARAK: I take it your character is some kind of rich dilettante with a fascination for women and weapons.
    BASHIR: Actually, my character is far more disreputable. I'm a spy.
    GARAK: A spy? And you live here?
    BASHIR: Yes. I work for one of the nation states of this era, Great Britain, which is battling various other nations in what is called the Cold War. This apartment, my clothes, weapons, even my valet were provided to me by my government.
    GARAK: I think I joined the wrong intelligence service.

My story is he has become a gardener in Starfleet Academy and a Agent of S31 recruiting new cadets ... :rolleyes::cool:;)

The "relationship" between Julian and Garak was one of the more nuanced and edgy in the whole series. Big kudos to the writers for taking the risk and letting both of these fine actors strutt their stuff. Damn I miss DS9 ...
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie