What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

who miss garack ?

2»

Comments

• czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    Man, Garak is a legend! He would play Section 31 like a bunch of kids in pre-school.
    If Dr.Julian Bashir could out-play Sloan, I can only imagine how badly Garak could mess with their heads. :D

well, you forgot few things :
    1. bashir was extremly inteligent person
    2. he taken spy lessons from garrack
    3. scenarist writed it that way, so he will expose them :o
    4. rmulans never fided what s31 planed for them.
    5. many missions of s31 were suceful - like posining odo to bring "plague" to ling and eliminate founders
    6. for spy mission ONLYEST know missins are that failed and fired back, no one ever know sucesful ones (except persons which did them and ordered them).
  • alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes he remind me of Babylon 5 psi corp Alfred bester. He make everyone one jump.:D
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    czertik123 wrote: »
    well, you forgot few things :
    1. bashir was extremly inteligent person
    2. he taken spy lessons from garrack
    3. scenarist writed it that way, so he will expose them
    4. rmulans never fided what s31 planed for them.
    5. many missions of s31 were suceful - like posining odo to bring "plague" to ling and eliminate founders
    6. for spy mission ONLYEST know missins are that failed and fired back, no one ever know sucesful ones (except persons which did them and ordered them).

1. Yes he was, but he was also an honest and honorable person not used with this "gray" area of spy-games.
    2. My point exactly! :D If a person learning from Garak could outplay S31, than imagine what Garak could do himself! :P
    3. Ofcourse, and the same writers made Garak one hell of a character, that's why I believe he could outplay them.
    4. Romulans also had no idea that Garak worked undercover as a gardener in the Romulan Senate gardens. :D
    5. True, I didn't say S31 always fails in everything they try. I only said that when it comes to be S31 against Garak, he would probably make them look like amateurs.
    6. Also true. That's why the Romulans never found out that Garak brought them into the Dominon War by forging evidence and blowing up Ambassador Vrenak.

I stand by my claim - Garak is truly a legend and we need him in STO to stir up the pot a little! :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited September 2013
    as matter of fact, i think garak was most honest character in DS9, even if it soudn weird. He would even hestiate a second for greater good and his race, without 30 mins monologs of captain sisko and others.
    And his way of telling true in "lies" was exceptional. It is great shame that when ds9 ended we didnt have garak stories spin off. I think it is most missed ST oportunity in history of that franchise.
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    He is still one of the most masterfully written characters I have ever seen on a tv show or read in a book. From scene to scene you couldn't tell if he was a horrible person or a great person, but you always knew once they started to develop him as a character that he was an amazing character. I would love a huge mission where he joins your crew as a duty officer, similar to law on the Romulan side.
    edited September 2013
    i think gark joining your crew is imposible, since his current state in game - member of caradasia goverment - and because he is canon character - same way you dont see picard/riker..etc joining your crew.
    But i can totayl imagine running some missions for him. And need to say - i will love to run them, even same missio every day :).

Hell, lets petion pw to make missions with him.