test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alien Carrier Speculation (Previously titled Elachi Carrier Speculation)

Comments

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well it says ancient carrier to a race related to the Iconions.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Speculation:

Mirror Vo'quv clone, maybe with a small boff change and an additional tactical console,.

2 hangers. Frigate pet as well as standard pet.

Turn rate: pregnant whale.

Powerful hull and shields.

If we are lucky, 7 weapon slots, but they'll probably stick to 6.

Thats my speculation at least.
  • solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This new carrier will probably be your standard layout, 6 weapon slots and 9 console. Cryptic will likely introduce a 3-pack in the c-store with enhanced systems. I'll buy that for 50 dolla!

I have a doubt that it will be Elachi. The devs said that it will bridge the gap between the tier 5 cutscene and the new content. I didn't see any Elachi in that cutscene nor have the devs mentioned the Elachi being major players in the new content.
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_content#Late_September
    New stand-alone feature episode as teaser for Seasons 8 & 9
    *Player will use Iconian Gateway found on New Romulus
    *Will reward a Voth carrier-ship

I take anything on the wiki with a grain of salt. Lots of stuff there outdated and/or missing info.

And a LOT of speculation. Further down the page:
    Foundry Improvements: Possible: Foundry faction in Reputation System ("first half of 2013")

Riiiiiight. We're past the fist half of the year and no such thing. Don't trust the wiki. Only trust was has been officially stated by Cryptic. If you can post a link to back up your claims then do so. Otherwise it's nothing more than rumors.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    No, it is not. Tacofang has confirmed that the Elachi and the aliens from Schisms are two completely different races. The Elachi were only in the Silent Enemy episode from Enterprise.

I can't help they flip flop on things...
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sunseahl wrote: »
    Again... I point to the fact that BOTH sources never explicitly state "Voth Carrier"

Although it is a high probability that it could be, there is also the slight possibility that it could not be Voth and could be another species entirely...

After all we're talking about a Featured Episode involving the Dewans.... who knows how many of them escaped Dewa III only to build this massive Dyson Sphere and eventually create ships that could be warp capable, even transwarp capable.

What is this then?
    Will reward a Voth carrier-ship

That certainly sounds that it's explicitly stated that it's a carrier from the Voth.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
    edited August 2013
    What is this then?

That certainly sounds that it's explicitly stated that it's a carrier from the Voth.

The Wiki isn't a end all be all...it could be wrong...someone could of put Voth down there simply because the Voth are coming and assume we get one of their ships.

The Voth are so old they're like even Pre-Iconian...so until the devs might come out and say its a Voth carrier I don't think I'll believe it.
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What is this then?

You're certainly a lazy one, arnt'cha? I've just said... BOTH sources that that statement points to as reference...

DO NOT EXPLICITLY STATE "VOTH CARRIER"

THEY SAY "ALIEN CARRIER"

Look at both sources yourself.... then tell me i'm wrong.
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I can't help they flip flop on things...

They never flip flopped. The scisms connection was player speculation because of similar activities between the two. Devs never confirmed that speculation, a two month delay in denying it is not the same as confirming it.
  • guili1guili1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Regardless which faction this carrier really s.
    I am wondering since the Carrier UI revamp, that this update looks to large for only two hangar carriers.
    I think it is not unrealistic that we probably get a super carrier.
    With a 3:2(?) Weapon Config and 4 Hangars or 2 Normal Hangars and Hangar reserved for support crafts.
    Something like this, because the new Carrier Ui simply asks to control more then 2 squadrons/hangars?!
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Give me 10 mins and the Wiki is going to tell us we are getting ponies and Unicorns for a reward....then it will be a FACT :D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • johnny1051johnny1051 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It needs to be nerfed! Whatever it is! Too many carriers! Too many colors! It's console breaks PvP! There, saying it now before the rush :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I know I've seen official Dev commentary that it would be an alien carrier and that it would be available for free.

Other than that, I haven't seen any firm details. Since the FE is supposed to bridge the New Romulus storyline with what we now know is the Dyson Sphere, and we've been told that involves the Voth, then a Voth carrier is not too much of a stretch.

But I'd wait for the Dev Blog before anyone decides to nerd rage. This is all just speculation.

PS. Title changed to remove the more speculative element
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Confirmed at the STLV Dev Panel.

I was at that panel, I do not recall them ever saying the carrier would be Voth...
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the title change.

Well what ever type the ship is I hope its interesting
  • spartanofborgspartanofborg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I for one hope it is a Dewan carrier, mainly because they seem to be the last species in this quadrant to have had dealings with the iconians and were trying to get through the gate/s, maybe some got through, who knows, but all I know is I'd live to have loads of E.T. Boffs running around my ship lol (I swear they look like E.T.s species :D )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If there's one thing I wish for with this ship, it's good customization options. I know interchangeable parts are too much to ask for, but please give us full control over the hull color and glowy bits color, as with the Corvette.

Spoiled by the Corvette, right? But I want my KDF characters to be able to make this ship look Klingon, with a drab green hull and red glows; and I want my Fed characters to be able to give the ship a gray hull and blue glows. Regardless of what shape it is.
  • aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I for one hope it is a Dewan carrier, mainly because they seem to be the last species in this quadrant to have had dealings with the iconians and were trying to get through the gate/s, maybe some got through, who knows, but all I know is I'd live to have loads of E.T. Boffs running around my ship lol (I swear they look like E.T.s species :D )

I am wondering...

Warning, Spoilers ahead!

In the final scene of the Iconian recording at the end of the Romulan Rep mission chain, it appears that someone is attacking the Iconians. Who is this someone? Could be important... -Highlight text to read
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aaronh42 wrote: »
    it appears that someone is attacking the Iconians. Who is this someone? Could be important...
    It's already known the Iconians were destroyed by a coalition of species, what used to be their slaves, or conquered species or whatever. They destroyed the Iconians worlds 1 by 1, and ended up by destroying Iconia. It seems they used orbital strikes to do so.
    This is probably the main reason why the Iconians try to destabilize the Quadrant, and make sure we can't make a coalition. They know they can't win if we work together, they already tried and failed.

As for the member of this coalition, we don't know who they were. Maybe the T'kon empire was involved. Maybe the species that build the com relay the Hirogen use. Who knows ?
    I'm not sure if it's really important, no matter who they were, they are not here anymore.
    As Bioware would say : "lots of speculation".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goku5030goku5030 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Remember the sto wiki can be edited by anyone... I could go change that to a "Borg Cude"

Can I Edit the wiki O_o... if so bye any one I want to try to edit it... :D Sto wiki is created bye the sto game it self and it has all the information correct even they said romulans were coming O_o...So yes sto wiki is facts if you don't believe it that's fine. If you don't believe the Devs that's fine to :D.. Just remember one thing when it does come out based on what the wiki says I kick myself :D..
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    goku5030 wrote: »
    Can I Edit the wiki O_o... if so bye any one I want to try to edit it... :D Sto wiki is created bye the sto game it self and it has all the information correct even they said romulans were coming O_o...So yes sto wiki is facts if you don't believe it that's fine. If you don't believe the Devs that's fine to :D.. Just remember one thing when it does come out based on what the wiki says I kick myself :D..

You really don't have a clue how a wiki works, do you?
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    goku5030 wrote: »
    Sto wiki is created bye the sto game it self and it has all the information correct even they said romulans were coming O_o...So yes sto wiki is facts if you don't believe it that's fine. If you don't believe the Devs that's fine to :D...

Yeah....except its not. Anyone can edit the wiki. It's not an official STO website. True, a lot of the information there is official, but that's only because we've had good editors. Official information comes from STO and the forums, and goes to the wiki, not the other way around.
    edited September 2013
    Really curious and interested about what the carrier might be...so many questions!
  • kerriknightkerriknight Member Posts: 274
    edited September 2013
    Well, my first hope is that it is actually an Admiral/General-level ship (I've played too many MMOs to take anything for granted :9).

I'm hoping for a straightforward engi/sci (or vice-versa) standoff/support type carrier.

The Romulan faction has no full carrier or fleet support vessel as of right now, so if they've planned this out with any forethought, this could fill that hole.

Which would make it a lot like the Vo'Quv/Atrox.

The final question for me then becomes will they release a new frigate pet to go with it.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So... this carrier and the corresponding episode will launch in a week or two and we still know so little about it?
    Do FEs hit Tribble before their release on Holodeck? If so... it's about time, isn't it?
    Didn't the Devs said there will be more information when we get closer to the release? :D
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I would expect the Friday screenshot tomorrow to tease us with a shot of the carrier or something in the FE.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If the devs don't release any information until the day before they release the ship they are still keeping their word.

We will get more information when the devs are ready to release it. Not 1 minute earlier.

Or if we can trick the devs into releasing the information. It has happened before where devs gave us information that they shouldn't have. Although, Cryptic has become more tight-lipped over the years.
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Or if we can trick the devs into releasing the information. It has happened before where devs gave us information that they shouldn't have. Although, Cryptic has become more tight-lipped over the years.

That's a tale I want to hear.
    How were the Devs tricked into releasing information before? :eek:
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    That's a tale I want to hear.
    How were the Devs tricked into releasing information before? :eek:

The 2 hour long interview of Al Rivera over the "upcoming" LoR and it's ships is less a trick and more like a long interview that became less professional and more like a laid-back discussion of ship-making

When the Devs meet and greet... in a bar.... after a few drinks.... Even in Vegas... Nothing stays THAT hidden, for long...
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Do FEs hit Tribble before their release on Holodeck? If so... it's about time, isn't it?

No they don't ...
    Didn't the Devs said there will be more information when we get closer to the release? :D

My guess is ... something like ...

Fr 21 : Friday Screen
    We 25 : Dev Blog (Alien Carrier)
    Th 26 : Release

wouldn't expect anything else ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.