test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Separate PVP Ques, keep PVP alive!

mintyfresh05mintyfresh05 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Ok so this is another "please Cryptic" post.

PVP NEEDS separate queues for pugs and one for people teamed up.

This will help combat pug stomping, keep single players in PVP, and attract new players.

We all know that team PVP is very good but its not good when you stomp pugs or your fleet is off and you end up in a pug team vs a team/semi team.

Rewards for teamed pvp should be like dilli and fleet marks to make it a viable option and worth doing.

So heres a few things that were mentioned as a negative to this idea and my suggestions to them:

* More ques = less pops
well taking out the FvF and KvK (that never pops) ie making it que for arena or cap and hold halfs the ques so then adding solo arena, solo cap and hold keeps the ques the same, whilst bringing more players who don't have a team to play in.

* No one will queue for teamed pvp
Well the possible rewards should combat this, also even if there were no extra rewards fleets and friends would still que for this, whilst making the team a little more challenging then most pug groups you face.

*I don't wanna play Klingons!
oh come on now, man up, its random and we all have cloakers and the same consoles now....

So Cryptic is there even a chance of trying this?
Post edited by mintyfresh05 on

Comments

• Options
    seansamurai1seansamurai1 Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If PvP was made more welcoming, more people would do it.

My fleet isn't a PvP fleet, they did try but didn't like it/didn't like the attitude of the premade we ended up against.

If separate queues were to happen, for the pug queue, 'queue team' must be greyed out.
  • Options
    mintyfresh05mintyfresh05 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yes, you shouldn't be able to queue in the pug queue is teamed at all
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is one of those things we've needed for years.

One of those things people have been making threads for, for years.

One of those things Cryptic could do ifit wanted to, but wont.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Which is the reason I'm no longer interested in the game.
    They quite happily change icons to look colourful but they refuse to actually sort the broken.

Between the lines it just shows cryptic are more bothered about keeping a couple of big PvP fleets happy than they are the general populace.
    Even the PvE side doesn't get much attention, just a new console here and there to distract.
  • Options
    fredscarranfredscarran Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is one of those things we've needed for years.

One of those things people have been making threads for, for years.

One of those things Cryptic could do ifit wanted to, but wont.

Years? Try decades. Players have been complaining about this since Quake 1, 1996.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Years? Try decades. Players have been complaining about this since Quake 1, 1996.

Really?
    There was no join team button in those games.
    It was still luck of the draw to a point, even if you were against a good team, you still had a chance to win.
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yes, you shouldn't be able to queue in the pug queue is teamed at all

It's not a "PUG" queue.

It's a "Public" queue.

Just like Mirror Event, CE/CCE, STFs, Azure Nebula, etc., and any other "public" queue event - you can queue with teammates before hand.

Just like when you go to a "public" park, it is open to "the public" at large, whether that is 1 guy eating a ham sandwich or 15 people doing interpretive dance in a place like central park, NYC.
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's not a "PUG" queue.

It's a "Public" queue.

Just like Mirror Event, CE/CCE, STFs, Azure Nebula, etc., and any other "public" queue event - you can queue with teammates before hand.

Just like when you go to a "public" park, it is open to "the public" at large, whether that is 1 guy eating a ham sandwich or 15 people doing interpretive dance in a place like central park, NYC.

I like this answer better then my ranting about pugmades and pugs and premades.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can't help picturing one guy eating ham sandwich, while the rest do interpretative dance in the park as a a kind of panda field trip.

@OP. the problem is old, more nuanced solutions then split queues have been fine tuned and suggested on the forums. Reactions to the debate by Cryptic from the last three years combined = 0

It's all going to end in tears from here on out, so brace for impact, and grab your flame suit.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    havam wrote: »
    Can't help picturing one guy eating ham sandwich, while the rest do interpretative dance in the park as a a kind of panda field trip.

I'll get biebs to organize this ASAP. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll get biebs to organize this ASAP. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cool!

I offer 10 Ec into the MThaxFund if someone steps on jorf's toes in the process.

that would result in some heals now, wouldn't it?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    havam wrote: »
    Cool!

I offer 10 Ec into the MThaxFund if someone steps on jorf's toes in the process.

Guess who will be the one eating the ham sandwich...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I love this.
    It shows premade team attitude at its finest.

Sit in queue for 15 minutes, get into a match only to find its a premade, match lasts 2 minutes, any chance of fun was removed.
    Then premade player says 'if you don't like it, don't do PvP'.
    So again, that premade entitlement comes out.

Are premades scared that they might actually get a challenge if a separate queue system is in place?
    Or are they just happy to stomp newbys and teams without the backup of team speak or training?

Fighting a premade isn't even a challenge, its pointless and totally unfun.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sit in queue for 15 minutes, get into a match only to find its a premade

You know those guys on the other end?

They sat there 15 minutes, finally get into a match and find it's an uncoordinated group rushing into combat, not even defending themselves or each other and there is even one guy on the other team who just hides in a corner of the map while his team gets slaughtered.

Instead of helping he just complains the entire match about PvP being unfair.

You have options:

1) Join OPvP, create or join your own team. Learn to play PvP at a more coordinated level for a richer experience.

2) Join Channel Tyler Durden. For 5v5 semi-randomly formed but balanced teams.

3) Do C&H, where full teams rarely enter.

4) Play in Kerrat, an open instance that rarely has massed organized full team opposition.

5) Keep complaining, hating the fact that you had to...face a good team...in TEAM PVP.

There are options, which one will you choose?

Taking positive action in life will always reward you more than complaining and being negative.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    There was no join team button in those games.

"Hey everybody, let's join X and X server. Get on the blue team."

TADAAA, premade, circa 1996.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    "Hey everybody, let's join X and X server. Get on the blue team."

TADAAA, premade, circa 1996.

Even then auto balance kicked in!
    Tadaa, blue team split up.

Oh then there's plenty of servers that also totally disallow group joining.

You are talking to someone that plays and has played FPS games online for a very long time, from competition down.

Then again, even if said team was on one side, the enemy can still beat them due to the nature of more balance and no p2w.

If it annoys the premades so much, why don't THEY use their resources to set up matches?
    I'm sure they have many more contacts than us mere mortals.
    I tried op vp, tbh honest I didn't enjoy it, the matches were still stacked, that's if you could even get in to a match, being from a non PvP fleet who was and is still learning.

Why should we as a pug jump through f**king hoops just to get a half decent game to break some boredom from grind?
    Why don't the premades do it?

Oh that's right, because then certain rules will get instilled that disallows them to use TRIBBLE levels of spam!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Even then auto balance kicked in!
    Tadaa, blue team split up.

There was no auto-balance in Quake 1.

TADAA, there goes your rebuttal.

Players actually voluntarily joined the lesser populated team in Quake 1, because unlike the Neanderthals that play online games today, ROLFstomping the enemy is very boring.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    There was no auto-balance in Quake 1.

TADAA, there goes your rebuttal.

Players actually voluntarily joined the lesser populated team in Quake 1, because unlike the Neanderthals that play online games today, ROLFstomping the enemy is very boring.

Funny that, my server that I was a mod had auto balance.
    So um, wind it!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Funny that, my server that I was a mod had auto balance.
    So um, wind it!

Wrong, Quake1 didn't have autobalance.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wrong, Quake1 didn't have autobalance.

Obviously you were the owner or curator of MY server then.
    That definately had auto balance on, that's how myself and 2 others set it up.

CS and CSS both had AB, BF 1942 had it, all the following BFs had it.

Even Doom and DN3D had a form of AB.

Again though, I reflect you to server settings, proper game hosts can be setup and have been for a long time to stop large groups from the same clan (or even large groups of friends) from joining one team.
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    how dare i play with my friends.

i should be ashamed of myself.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Obviously you were the owner or curator of MY server then.
    That definately had auto balance on, that's how myself and 2 others set it up.

CS and CSS both had AB, BF 1942 had it, all the following BFs had it.

Even Doom and DN3D had a form of AB.

Again though, I reflect you to server settings, proper game hosts can be setup and have been for a long time to stop large groups from the same clan (or even large groups of friends) from joining one team.

Wrong again, we're talking about Quake1 not CS and BF1942.

Quake1 did not have autobalance.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wrong again, we're talking about Quake1 not CS and BF1942.

Quake1 did not have autobalance.

You know what?
    I'm not even gonna bother trying to explain.
    All ill say is 'mod server'.
    But obviously you know more about the server I owned, and you certainly know more about the hours and hours and hours of code my 2 friends put into it to setup.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another thread that makes the false assumption that Cryptic cares about PvP. I'm currently considering investing in Star Citizen.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You know what?
    I'm not even gonna bother trying to explain.
    All ill say is 'mod server'.
    But obviously you know more about the server I owned, and you certainly know more about the hours and hours and hours of code my 2 friends put into it to setup.

There was no autobalance in:

-Quake1 vanilla
    -Quake1 CTF
    -Quake1 MegaTF
    -Quake 1 Custom TF
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ;)
    crusty8mac wrote: »
    Another thread that makes the false assumption that Cryptic cares about PvP. I'm currently considering investing in Star Citizen.

Gta5 then BF4 for me first, when star citizen comes along, I'm gonna check it out.
    Hope to high hell that its one of 2 things for STO, a kick up the a** or the final nail.
    Either or, I'm not fussed.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wow. It just occurred to me that we use to PVP in Quake1 to have fun, not to grind out some currency like Dilithium, or to get on some ladder.

*wistfully whistles* How far we have fallen.

So you pre-made guys like going into PVP knowing that 4 out of 5 players on the enemy team are just there to grind out Dilithium and would rather go AFK or remove their shields? Does this mean you're "pro"?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wow. It just occurred to me that we use to PVP in Quake1 to have fun, not to grind out some currency like Dilithium, or to get on some ladder.

*wistfully whistles* How far we have fallen.

So you pre-made guys like going into PVP knowing that 4 out of 5 players on the enemy team are just there to grind out Dilithium and would rather go AFK or remove their shields? Does this mean you're "pro"?

Thought its why we play all games?
    To have fun.

Sadly some seem to forget this!
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    maicake716 wrote: »
    how dare i play with my friends.

i should be ashamed of myself.

For shame on you Mai! To the whipping post!
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.