What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 10 ideas and wishes

Comments

• Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    it wasnt the only thing on the table that could be a problem either, the voth become mysteriously silent later in the storyline, so theres yet another angle to this whole thing yet to play out outside the vaadwuar invasion.
    Isn't it obvious? Their Dinosaur pets gobbled them all up.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    flash525 wrote: »

Well yeah, have you seen the V-Rexes? I dunno how they would keep those buggers fed, otherwise.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014

i wonder what voth tastes like cooked? and if you tell me its chicken then the cake is real :P.

so really, the storyline leaves quite a few plotpoints open, the talaxian colony, various kazon tribes that were cowled by seksa's boy in the nistrim and he himself looked mighty peeved when he warped out after you helping several kazon with terraforming supplies to settle on a new world.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    in fact i didnt want to encourage a spoiler, but with the rabbit out of the hat or genie out of the bottle it seems, fairly little point holding back.

perhaps, but the krenim were eliminated and several races were made extinct by the vaadwuar's conquest and their puppet leaders controlled by those bugs. its possible the krenim doesnt have the technology because of how efficient the vaadwuar have become.

it wasnt the only thing on the table that could be a problem either, the voth become mysteriously silent later in the storyline, so theres yet another angle to this whole thing yet to play out outside the vaadwuar invasion.

That's rather interesting.
    Thanks for sharing. Let's see what comes of it.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    guilli88 wrote: »
    I would like to see the following things done:

-Less focus on new content/story/reputation.
    -Focus most dev time on the following:
    • Improving ground combat fluidicy (it feels very laggy, especially when you "aim")
    • overhaul the exchange: Better search features, fix rank searching, batch posting of items, saleslot increase.
    • Balance pass over weapon types: Anti-proton and disruptors are best, the rest, not so much
    • Balance pass over STF rewards: Measure how long each stf takes, adjust rewards accordingly. Make stf's that noone plays worth it.
    • Advanced/Elite version of every stf.
    • More ship customization options.
    • More duty officer missions that reward random duty officers.
    • Balance pass over duty officer rewards
    • Balance pass over duty officer "critical hits" (more chance, more rewards, make purple doffs worth it).
    • Balance pass over Bridge officer traits. Make every trait usefull and balanced. More traits/race!
    I would easily support those ideas.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Season 10. Founders of the Federation.

its long overdue that they add missing sector blocks to the Alpha Quadrant.

Sector between the Sol System and Cardassia including Betazed and Trill/Trillius Prime along with other key Fed homeworlds.

Also theres a list of older ideas that never actually made it into the game. Worth looking at: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_content#Older_ideas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Season 10. Founders of the Federation.

I am not opposed to the idea behind this, to the contrary.
    Fleshing out the Alpha and Beta Quadrants is in my opinion the thing they should have done before the Delta Quadrant, but hey...

Thing is... don't call it "Founders of the Federation". Like it or not, there are two other f(r)actions. :D
    Expand their holdings, too. More Klingon and Romulan colony/subject worlds.

Gornar maybe, and a storyline revolving around the Gorn.

On the green side, a Romulan storyline in which we reunite Romulan space under the banner of the Republic, so we can maybe implement a Rator III adventure zone.

On the blue side? Trill or Betazed would be really cool, yeah.

But faction-specific content doesn't really happen anymore, does it?
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    OP should have started this a couple of months ago. Already planned.
  • Options
    ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i wonder what voth tastes like cooked? and if you tell me its chicken then the cake is real :P.

Have you ever tried a crocodile steak? Closest to cooked dinosaur we'll get.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    OP should have started this a couple of months ago. Already planned.

Pretend it's "Season 12 ideas and wishes" then. :D
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited October 2014
    Funny, I'd have considered PvP the useless junk by comparison. At least PvE works. :P

Yes it works ...npcs dont fight back so people like you can get kills without even thinking or doing the even a small effort.The game is exactly like the majority of the players (thats pve players) ...broken ,lazy and with nothing that requires a brain to complete.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In order for them to add the Krenim they'd first have to fix Chroniton Torps so they actually bypass shields unless they'd like to explain how everyone in the game has temporal shields on all of the time on top of regular shielding.

I'd just like for them to add T6 ships for Lifers. That would be awesome all by itself.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ashrod63 wrote: »
    Have you ever tried a crocodile steak? Closest to cooked dinosaur we'll get.

closet thing to dinosaur ive eaten is chicken and turkey, they are birds, granted, probably a few evolutionary steps a head of their primordial cousins who are likely extinct. but still close enough and voth is likely different in the same way turkey is different from a croc :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i would like a season were they dont nerf the hell out of stuff
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Less useless junk aka pve.

you do realize most MMO's center around PvE and not PvP correct?

therefor only PvPers consider PvE junk. and PvE'ers consider PvP junk.

Cryptic already thinks PvP is junk, so they wont get rid of what you consider junk.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes it works ...npcs dont fight back so people like you can get kills without even thinking or doing the even a small effort.The game is exactly like the majority of the players (thats pve players) ...broken ,lazy and with nothing that requires a brain to complete.
    You're aware that you're calling a good portion of players lazy and brain dead, right? Just want to clear that up before anyone comes along and bites your head off.

I don't know if you've played them, but many of the STF's (especially the newer ones) actually require the players within them to use their brain, else they'll fail. Heck, even a Khitomer Vortex can fail if you don't think. If five people just jumped in to one of those and fired, there's a good chance they'd fail.
    tenkari wrote: »
    you do realize most MMO's center around PvE and not PvP correct?
    He's obviously in denial. Most likely someone who joins a PvP, gets his bottom kicked because he isn't very good, and blames it on PvP scaling or whatever. :rolleyes:

For the record, I know people who PvP well, and they don't cry about it not working.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Can we not turn this into a PvE vs PvP debate? Pretty please? :)

PvP content is an absolute valid wish. But we also need to admit that PvE content is the life's blood of STO.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    thraxianxthraxianx Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    An idea of what i would welcome seeing, is a revamp of ground combat, i didn't really think about it until my 10yr old son said something about it. But, as someone who has been around since Beta, Alpha releases ground has never been a priority with Cryptic, it has always been an after thought even with the release of so much content in that fashion, it really needs an overall really bad. I don't mean to get into the debate of PvP vs. PvE, but PvP does need to be revamped, it is pathetic in its current form. I dont care for space combat, but i enjoy ground PvP as it has an objective i just wish it was more fluid and had a purpose within the game itself.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Can we not turn this into a PvE vs PvP debate? Pretty please? :)

PvP content is an absolute valid wish. But we also need to admit that PvE content is the life's blood of STO.

While we might not want to get into this debate, as you stated it is a valid concern that goes hand in hand with the PvE content and yes the game life's blood is the content of PvE but like i said above, the ground combat needs an overall as well, it has never been priority and it still lacks in so many ways. I know that alot of ppl don't care for PvP, but i welcome an overall or making it somehow more fluid within the game itself vs. where it stands now.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    thraxianx wrote: »
    While we might not want to get into this debate, as you stated it is a valid concern that goes hand in hand with the PvE content and yes the game life's blood is the content of PvE but like i said above, the ground combat needs an overall as well, it has never been priority and it still lacks in so many ways. I know that alot of ppl don't care for PvP, but i welcome an overall or making it somehow more fluid within the game itself vs. where it stands now.

This is the right place to voice your wishes and concerns.

It's just the wrong place to call people names for their wishes and concerns.

Not saying you did that. Just making it clear.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    This is the right place to voice your wishes and concerns.

It's just the wrong place to call people names for their wishes and concerns.

Not saying you did that. Just making it clear.

No worries, back to the Star Trek Channel!
  • Options
    meldrithpwmeldrithpw Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    guilli88 wrote: »
    I would like to see the following things done:
    -Less focus on new content/story/reputation.

Since Delta Rising is essentially some of the last stuff from the canon storyline, I have to [partially] agree. After DR, it'll be time to fine tune what content is here to really make it into what we (players) want it to be.

for an example here, I understand that secondary deflectors are still in the works.

One thing that IMO needs to be looked at is the Dyson Sphere. One of the incredible things about Dyson's theoretical structure is that it represents as much landmass as a THOUSAND planets. but here in sto, we've got 2 flight maps, one ground bz map and one flight bz map. in other words, there are more maps for each faction's homeworld than there are for the structure that's supposed to represent an area larger than that controlled by the kdf, fed and rom combined.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing it turn into areas that different fleets could lay claim to, draw resources from, and once the number of fleet spires hits 1k, seeing some completion between fleets for control of the areas...

Another thing I think should be revisited is the Cardassians, whom I think should be a playable faction, perhaps starting out as a half faction as the RRW has been, while upgrading the RRW to a full faction.

here we could also see a gamma quadrant we could actually explore aside from a few missions--possibly a New Dominion threat, or even something from another galaxy (TOS episode "By Any Other Name" for example) although I'm getting to the point where every durn time I go to a conference I'm getting to expect an invading army to pop in out of nowhere....I'm gonna just stop going to those conferences...

and, (these are the parts where I beat the mummified horse) I'd still like to be able to play an unaligned ferengi/trill/alien, and have access to faction specific content, maps, boffs, ships, lobi and cstore purchases when not part of that faction...
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meldrithpw wrote: »
    Since Delta Rising is essentially some of the last stuff from the canon storyline, I have to [partially] agree. After DR, it'll be time to fine tune what content is here to really make it into what we (players) want it to be.

for an example here, I understand that secondary deflectors are still in the works.

One thing that IMO needs to be looked at is the Dyson Sphere. One of the incredible things about Dyson's theoretical structure is that it represents as much landmass as a THOUSAND planets. but here in sto, we've got 2 flight maps, one ground bz map and one flight bz map. in other words, there are more maps for each faction's homeworld than there are for the structure that's supposed to represent an area larger than that controlled by the kdf, fed and rom combined.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing it turn into areas that different fleets could lay claim to, draw resources from, and once the number of fleet spires hits 1k, seeing some completion between fleets for control of the areas...

Another thing I think should be revisited is the Cardassians, whom I think should be a playable faction, perhaps starting out as a half faction as the RRW has been, while upgrading the RRW to a full faction.

here we could also see a gamma quadrant we could actually explore aside from a few missions--possibly a New Dominion threat, or even something from another galaxy (TOS episode "By Any Other Name" for example) although I'm getting to the point where every durn time I go to a conference I'm getting to expect an invading army to pop in out of nowhere....I'm gonna just stop going to those conferences...

and, (these are the parts where I beat the mummified horse) I'd still like to be able to play an unaligned ferengi/trill/alien, and have access to faction specific content, maps, boffs, ships, lobi and cstore purchases when not part of that faction...

They didn't give us more of the Dyson sphere for a reason, the same reason why we don't have expansive areas on other planets. The Dyson spheres are just simply to big to render all of. They're meant to be something like the Death star, a mobile base of operations.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    A Dabo table that can be used in your crews lounge.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    nador67nador67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would like a decision; PERIOD. After waiting for over four years now (Launch was 2010) on a Cardassian faction, the best we get is "We'd like to add them as a faction and that is why we won't add anything Cardassian (other than the Galor of course)' PWE and Cryptic dangling carrots to keep Cardassian fans on.

Either Make the Cardassian Faction NOW so you can move on to other things or make them playable (AS much as I hate the idea, I think PWE will make them playable inside the Federation to make the Fed fans happy they have another toy). I want the options to wear the Cardassian uniforms/armor as well. Most Cardassian fans gave up on the staff a long time ago so there is very little trust that anything will happen for the Cardassians until maybe 2020 at this rate.

If Cryptic just opened more than two possible doorways in the Cardassian space then they could just allow players to create their own Foundry missions specific to the Cardassian missions. They save time, energy, and money on an aspect of the game they have clearly expressed no interest in and ignored the fans who do like the Cardassians.

PVP: I agree on improving the PvP maps, but the fact is even though the staff calls it a 'WAR' the two factions are too buddy buddy with each other to really be called a war at all.

CHANGE THE STORYLINE; Cryptic should end the war between the KDF and FEDs then make it an Alpha/Beta quadrant vs. all who oppose them (only the Alpha/Beta quadrant factions will be playable). PvP would then become a Holodeck simulation battle with each other since we want to kiss rather than fight.
    Why would Cryptic allow every Federation player to have Doffs in Klingon space anyway? During a WAR??!! It was to coddle to one group and it is more difficult for the second group to gain equal access.

FOUNDRY: Open more doorways to planets so those making Foundry missions can link missions to any planet within their faction. Add more civilian models of all factions (playable and not). By expanding the various options in the foundry creation program, they can kill two birds with one stone (add more storyline and not pay for anyone to waste their time on it).
  • Options
    cbob312cbob312 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    2 things

1 Completely redo ground combat to make it a proper cover shooter(but one where the Klingon charge can still work).

2 Add the new Borg faction as playable

Collect all the monies
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Since Cryptic is in the mood for retcons (Turei vessels in DR)?

What retcon? The Turei vessel which appeared in "Dragon's Teeth" was a reused Voth science ship. Instead of making a new design they kept the canon one, gave a reason for it and that reason makes sense to me. It's no different from seeing Romulans with Klingon Battlecruisers.

As for the topic, I vote for a Fleet or Tier 6 Odyssey. We can toss in the Tulwar and Bortasqu' for Fleet or Tier 6 as well so we can see the Enterprise, Lleiset and Bortasqu' upgraded.
  • Options
    george021898george021898 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    One thing that I'm surprised hasn't come up yet is exploration.

Star Trek was about exploration from the start, yet there is none of it left in game (save for the foundry).

A new exploration system has to be a priority.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I like the way the story mission has been following through and long running.
    many of the early story missions were ok as single story's and you had a few that went across several episodes but this is the first story chain to run for so long.
    basically this thread has been continuing from the release of season 7 with the introduction of new rom and the rom reputation missions that culminated with the discovery of the Iconian gateway in the underground power plant in the episode : Secrets of the Ancients.
    I cant wait to see where the story leads us next.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.