Install Arc
Options

Eagle Moss Star Trek Ships Collection

Comments

• Options
    seanftdseanftd Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nynik wrote: »
    Really looking forward to receiving these. It reminds me of my last Star Trek periodical like this... the super fricken awesome Star Trek Fact Files! Holy Smokes... I think I'm going to pull out my 8 or 9 binders and lose a few hours now... :)

wow blast from the past lol, i had 3 of those.
    :( but my parents cancelled them because there was tomany and to costly lol
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    If you do get them, I think you will be pleased, I certainly am!

yea i agree here, its a fantastic model. i think any trek fan will love these
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    just spotted on website, its saying the enterprise d is 140mm long lol
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sweet. Good to hear they are not skimping out on these. This will be perfect to fill in some gaps in my ship collection, without having to pay through the nose on ebay for the likes of Johnny Lightning. I wonder if Voyager will have movable nacelles.

Any Forbidden Planets around may be good to find them as well, as I've seen the one in Nottingham get this type of thing in.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    grylak wrote: »
    Sweet. Good to hear they are not skimping out on these. This will be perfect to fill in some gaps in my ship collection, without having to pay through the nose on ebay. I wonder if Voyager will have movable nacelles.

I'm homing voyager dose, but I not confident on the pics iv seen and also the fact the galaxy doesn't separate it's saucer.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ah well. Still a definate pickup. Movable nacelles would just be icing on the cake. So if it's one every 2 weeks, I need to give it 2 months before the romulan Warbird comes out. I'll have to leave myself a reminder.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I might pick up the NX-01, and an Equinox if they release one, but that would be all :cool:

[Edit to add]
    Just followed the link... Scrolled down and saw the heading USS EQUINOX...

YEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!

Look a bit closer, are see that it's not a baseline Nova Class, but the Rhode-Island variant >_<

So I wrote the USS Valkyrie as getting a Rhode-Island nose job, so not an issue for something getting Antique Gold sprayed and sat on my shelf, but seriously, whatever idiot researched that model needs firing... >_<
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I got my model yesterday, and its is truly stunning. Great attention to detail, much larger than i expected.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I might pick up the NX-01, and an Equinox if they release one, but that would be all :cool:

[Edit to add]
    Just followed the link... Scrolled down and saw the heading USS EQUINOX...

YEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!

Look a bit closer, are see that it's not a baseline Nova Class, but the Rhode-Island variant >_<

So I wrote the USS Valkyrie as getting a Rhode-Island nose job, so not an issue for something getting Antique Gold sprayed and sat on my shelf, but seriously, whatever idiot researched that model needs firing... >_<

Ate you sure there not doing the two types of ship. They are doing both enterprise b and excelsior variants .
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    seanftd wrote: »
    Ate you sure there not doing the two types of ship. They are doing both enterprise b and excelsior variants .

I hope they're doing both... As a fan of the Nova Class, I wouldn't mind a model of either ship, but for them to label the issue 'Equinox', and for it to be the Rhode Island, is just sloppy, and that kind of thing always grinds my gears :(
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I hope they're doing both... As a fan of the Nova Class, I wouldn't mind a model of either ship, but for them to label the issue 'Equinox', and for it to be the Rhode Island, is just sloppy, and that kind of thing always grinds my gears :(

Will hopefully get both, we are getting a stupidly large amount of ships in the sets lol
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Seeing as they have a picture of the Majestic under the Reliant, and the Excelsior doesn't even have any markings on it, I think most of those pictures are just place holders to show what the ship will look like. So there's hope the Nova will be Nova, and not Rhode Island.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Will hopefully get both, we are getting a stupidly large amount of ships in the sets lol
    grylak wrote: »
    Seeing as they have a picture of the Majestic under the Reliant, and the Excelsior doesn't even have any markings on it, I think most of those pictures are just place holders to show what the ship will look like. So there's hope the Nova will be Nova, and not Rhode Island.

Fingers crossed :cool:
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think most people, probably myself included, have got the subscription and then end it after they get the Borg cube.

Sales, I think, would go down quite a lot by that point (I place it about 12-15)

I think the link I provided will be all the ships they ever make for that reason.

I hope this is financially profitable.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't think most people will have gotten a subscription. They will wait until their particular ship hits the shelves and then get it. Interestingly, I wonder if EagleMoss will encounter the 10-18% metrics that Cryptic & CBS apparently does regarding how well non-federation content (like the Klingon & presumably other race ships) will sell (lol)....
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I got my Galaxy class today and love it. It's really expensive after issue 2 though, and with recently getting a new flat I can't afford it. Might get the Reliant and the D'Deridex though since I love those models.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Iv signed up for the whole shabang , can't wait to see how it all pans out.
    I know it's not s ship, but I'd like a wee model of ds9
  • Options
    doxic1doxic1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I got the first issue yesterday and both the magazine and the model are pretty impressive.
    I think most people, probably myself included, have got the subscription and then end it after they get the Borg cube.

Sales, I think, would go down quite a lot by that point (I place it about 12-15)

I think the link I provided will be all the ships they ever make for that reason.

I hope this is financially profitable.

I'm thinking of doing a similar thing - getting the sub up until the cube and then cancelling it. There's a few ships that I'd really like to get though, especially the Sovereign and Nebula classes.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Saw this advertised on TV last week and immediately subbed, from the reports I've read the models are great and the magazine in it's binders will make a stunning collection. Going to take about 3 years to get the whole set though as there are 70 models plus specials, quite costly but the final total set will be worth quite a lot on Ebay in a few years for sure.

Yes, it is going to be costly, but I am sure it will be worth it.

And about eBay, the ENT-D is already up for [Sterling sign here]10!

Riiip off!

Anyway, came by it because I this beauty.

Problem is , I cannot buy it or Zen because of this subscription, so in some ways I am feeling the pain.

(Even though I have saved up enough for it, it would be embarrassing for me to ask my parents to allow me to buy that AS well as that magazine coming out of my pocket money.)
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes, it is going to be costly, but I am sure it will be worth it.

And about eBay, the ENT-D is already up for [Sterling sign here]10!

Riiip off!

Anyway, came by it because I this beauty.

Problem is , I cannot buy it or Zen because of this subscription, so in some ways I am feeling the pain.

(Even though I have saved up enough for it, it would be embarrassing for me to ask my parents to allow me to buy that AS well as that magazine coming out of my pocket money.)

Actually, I find ?10 for the diecast enterprise d very reasonable. We are just seeing it as a rip off because we are lucky enough to get that a magazine( is subscribed a poster it the galaxy vs a cube and a ole toon guide) for ?1.99

Plus the magazines will be ?9.99 each by the 3rd issue.

I myself am planning on snapping up a few copies of this ship as in a few weeks it will be off the shells and replaced the kirks enterprise .

This happened with the eaglemoss batmobiles. Some are on eBay for ?30
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I have one of those, it's very nice, I had to import mine from the USA and the final cost was around 125 UK Pounds so 70 quid isn't that bad.

That is a beauty, gutted to hear you spent so much, you shoulda asked on the forums , there's a model shop I know of that sells the at ?50. It had Enterprise E as well
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That is a beauty, gutted to hear you spent so much, you shoulda asked on the forums , there's a model shop I know of that sells the at ?50. It had Enterprise E as well

50!

I could buy that for 50, Ergo, it is in my price range!

• Options
    edited August 2013
    50!

I could buy that for 50, Ergo, it is in my price range!

Yea there is a model shop in Inverurie and last time I was in it had ent e in stock
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Oh I'm gutted I just found out model Zone has gone into administration :( I love that shop.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I was watching the The Big Bang Theory on TV and that advert came up.

Could not believe my eyes.

So I waited a whole hour to see it on Channel 29 (Original channel 28) to see it again and note down the website!

How did you guys find out about it?

• Options
    edited August 2013
    I was watching the The Big Bang Theory on TV and that advert came up.

Could not believe my eyes.

So I waited a whole hour to see it on Channel 29 (Original channel 28) to see it again and note down the website!

How did you guys find out about it?

I emailed eaglemoss because I liked some of the batmobiles they made, and got the yea we are gonna real ease Star Trek , I was so happy after that email lol
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Anyone else getting this ?

Also, didn't they do something like this almost 20 years ago? is this just a rehash of a prior mag ?

If this is a rehash, which models are better?
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just got mine this morning from ye olde shop, such a nice model, don't think I will get a sub to it but will get the occasional one for the big ships like the Intrepid and Defiant, also the Bug