test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (August 22, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• sneyepersneyeper Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    It would of served better as a bait and switch if they actually told people about it first. It was never in the dev blog, they also never tested the ship. It was just bad code on their part

As I stated earlier, a cloak on a cruiser isn't needed and I'd laugh at any player who purchased this ship just because it had a cloak.

Doesn't matter if the cloak was mentioned up front or not ... it's a fact that it is on the ship.

Never tested the ship? I am sure you jest. Cryptic is horrible at QA, but they aren't that bad. I can assure you it was tested ... with the cloak.

I agree a cruiser with a cloak is not necessary. However you have missed out on the joy that is a decloaking alpha with the crescent wave cannon console :cool: I am sure I wasn't the only one who thought of that.
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sneyeper wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if the cloak was mentioned up front or not ... it's a fact that it is on the ship.

Never tested the ship? I am sure you jest. Cryptic is horrible at QA, but they aren't that bad. I can assure you it was tested ... with the cloak.

I agree a cruiser with a cloak is not necessary. However you have missed out on the joy that is a decloaking alpha with the crescent wave cannon console :cool: I am sure I wasn't the only one who thought of that.

I missed out on nothing, I was doing it 2 hours after the servers went live. ;)

Everything about them "knowing" is assumption, unless you've got secret correspondence from inside Cryptic.

Being horrible at QA is a roller coaster for Cryptic, it's really unknown if they knew. Even if they knew, they're not known for being on top of fixes. It wasn't listed in the blog, so to me, it was never intended.
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm loving the new console art! Beautiful! I like my field stabilizing core the way it looks now, but that's just my preference of course.
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • azrealdragonkingazrealdragonking Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well I have 2 Ideas id like to propose to the Cryptic team one idea was suggested by my friend and I have had some positive feed back from some peeps in STO and the other idea was purely my own. (but no doubt someone else may have conjured up else where)

So Idea number one

"Independent Torpedo tubes"

While a lot of people might have noticed with a 5 For weapon ship there's no room for a torpedo.

Why is this?

In the Series and films you see ships unloading a full alpha strike with all 5 for weapons going to town on a ship with a full spread of torpedo's as well, why cant we have it that ships in game have there own torpedo slots as well (like the Warp Cores) it would change the way you think your skill tree for starters as you would have to chose between maxing your Energy weapons or Torpedo's but you would also have to add skill points into the latter choice you make for the skill to then be useful.

aka. 6 skill points into Energy weapons, 3 skill points into torpedo's. then at the end you will have the choice to maximize one or the other of the Weapon expertise skills.

The torpedo's would also have to have there own firing cycle independent of energy weapons and timing would be of the utmost importance for getting that all important Hull hit for maximum damage.

Idea number two

"Class Specific Consoles"

Now these consoles should be made to be Zen store or lobi buys only to start off but they will add a little diversity to the mix for players that can get them and add a little mystery for the pvp player base cause then they would have no idea what every ship is carrying into a fight.

The console I have in mind for starting this is the Subspace integrated Circuit make it a Engineer only console. for Science you could make maybe a High Yield Gravity Well that has an 100% success rate of holding only with a small Damage boost over a normal Gravity Well, but dose not effect most Boff or Captain skills but turns off all movement skills.

(So you can still heal, hit RSP, Engineering Team, Tac Team, Sci Team, Ect, ect.)

Now for a Tactical I got a little stuck what could we give tactical's that wouldn't make them even more OP with weapons, Maybe a Complete Movement Buff console that can be a "You will never hit me with weapons" for a few seconds, maybe who knows.
    (tactical's are not my area of expertise, so please feel free to add your own ideas for consoles)

Then later add more one for each class this could then lead itself to be rewarding for cryptic as well if they can make interesting but not to overly over powered items for each class, people might be interested in buying them and the more Cryptic can make the more diversity will make it into pvp.

But this idea sounded better to me in my head at the time, but I think Class specific consoles would be the next step forward.
    I will repost or bump this later when the server goes down in case anyone misses it.
    OdanLexACCESSDENIED.png
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    While I'm all for an update to art, I'd much rather have the ability to change my ship art back. Can we please get the ship tailor fixed?
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sneyeper wrote: »

acctually branflakes already stated in a post about it with a clock that it was not sposed to have a clock and that it well be removed/fixed in a patch ssooo u kinda lucked out dude.

• kartimozkartimoz Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    Hey,

one question left ;) The new icons looking good so far but I am missing the MK-levels?! Is it visible ingame?
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Going to take me a while to get used to all the new icons, but they look nice.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • dustrethdustreth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    This is good. But may I please draw your attention again to Romulan Embassy boffs missing various body parts?

Boff heads gone invisible!
    i also created a thread about this. Also the problem is written on STOwiki: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Romulan_Bridge_Officer

I really would like to have it fixed. I already have 2 of these limping around and planning on a third.
  • kokushibyokokushibyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's going to be fun watching the reactions to the new icons in zone chat, that's for sure. The confusion is going to be glorious :D
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I generally like the new icons , however I do think the armor icons look a bit too alike. It will be confusing, and the new Power Insulators looks like the old Flow capacitors.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • digby1957digby1957 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please disregard this post :)
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I really love the new console icons.

But how about getting my forum title fixed so I can display it? I bought the LoR Starter Pack in the c-store a month ago and I'm suppose to have the "Survivor of Romulus" title to display on the forums but it's still not showing up. Brandon looked into it and posted in the thread that they found the problem and will fix it "ASAP". http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=811411

I PM'ed Brandon about 2 weeks ago for an update and he said it should only be about a week or so.

At the very least they could try to fix the problems with the tailor causing the game to crash hard to desktop when you go to the bridge officer tab and just select a boff in the list.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dustreth wrote: »
    i also created a thread about this. Also the problem is written on STOwiki: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Romulan_Bridge_Officer

I really would like to have it fixed. I already have 2 of these limping around and planning on a third.

Thanks for your support in this. :) (or my support of your issue, depending on your POV :P).

I find it rather sad this issue gets ignored so very persistently. And I really hope Bran will take it up with the devs this time (or, perchance, that the devs read it themselves). If it's on the wiki, for crying out-loud, isn't it time someone looked into this!?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Great, still no fix for the tailor crash bug. But I understand, new icons are the most important thing in the game. To the hell with crashing and who cares that EVERY new character crashes like this so new players will make their opinion about the game pretty soon...
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Nice update! Great work!

I'm a bit afraid that the armor and alloy items will be a bit confusing. Also the field stabilizing warp core.
  • russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The warp cores rearrangement looks good. It makes sense that the older TNG Galaxy Class round casing is the standard leaving the more modern Sovereign Class icon (with crazy exposed, flesh-melting, paired warp coolant tanks!) for one of the enhanced cores. Including a Defiant core as well in the mix helps differentiate further between types.

On the consoles though I notice all the included examples are common and without level. Is there an unseen doff-like seperate border? Otherwise with the 'busier' design & stronger, division-themed coloured backgrounds, I await with interest to see how well the quality-level highlights (uc, r, vr) and mark-level (I-XII) are going to stand out.

I won't complain about effort not directed onto other pressing bugs, as the artists need to be employed and their talents lie elsewhere (although there -are- some artistic rendering bugs). But I do have to ask where is/was the ground swell of user complaints over difficulty in recognising different catagories of equipment and how to place them? Between these console changes and the greying out of non-applicable items in inventory; a decent amount work has gone into additional UI assistance, in an area I personally feel was more than adequately served by just the white & red (drag-here, don't-drag-here) borders when transferring equipment between slots.
  • commandermiccommandermic Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    new icons for consoles...seriosly cryptic, you have very strange and useless priorities....:eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Regarding this 300 message limit to the mail system, don't ya think it might be helpful to fix bugs relating to the system before imposing yet another limitation on the system itself?

I just logged out, after attempting to clean out as many messages as I could. And while I'm well under this new 300 message limit (yes, I counted each and every message), the sheer bulk of inexplicably duplicate messages made it daunting to do so.

I could swear that I inadvertently zapped two valuable attachment emails, when I was trying to zap the seemingly empty duplicate message. Not to mention that some of these supposedly empty messages can't be deleted at all. Changed instances and tried to delete 'em again, to no avail.

Please fix the in-game message system, once and for all, before ya go on making any more changes to it please. The system worked perfectly fine before all the messing about that came with the 'Legacy of Romulus' updates.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    With all the bugs , server stability and many many MANY other issues that need to be addressed changing the looks of the consoles and cores is the best cryptic can come up with? :rolleyes:

when you (Cryptic) start actually taking the effort to fix your game and address atleast some of the issues with your game then i will take this game seriosuly again as a good place to game.
  • scipherscipher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic staff meeting:

Item#1 We have been getting massive complaints and support tickets regarding the increasingly degraded quality of our servers. Yeah (staff member) we have no idea why its doing that all the servers we bought in 2009 were top of the line the guy on Ebay said.

Item#2 Well so what are we going to do about the increasingly huge list of bugs and errors the player base is having to deal with the making the game almost unplayable? Oh oh oh (staff member) I know lets spend far too much time and resources on making all the icons look pretty it will totally fool the player base with crazy shinny mind blowing art and it will magically put them in a trance and empty their wallets into the game. Oh it will also have the side effect of making them forget the game is progressivly getting unplayable and stun them into thinking the huge lag and rubber banding is really a feature.

Well done team I foresee huge revenue raining down from the heavens because these poor dumb cattle of customers we have are too ignorant. I know we'll charge them more for all the bugs say its "working like intended" and the lag and rubber banding is a new feature worth 200k dilitium. Oh boy our Perfect World overlords will be so pleased.

- FIX THE GAME, INVEST IN BETTER HARDWARE, AND STOP PISSING ON ME AND SAYING ITS RAIN THEN CHARGING ME MORE!!!-
    "No more wire hangers, Christina"
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    "The Elachi Monbosh Battleship has had its cloaking device removed.
    Any ships that are already owned will have cloak removed.
    Any ships that are purchased new will not have cloak. "

Somebody hasn't been making their cloaking device payments, so the space-repo men are out in force. The Lobi Consortium are a bunch of deadbeats, and they're passing the savings on to you, the customer!
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey, nevermind what I posted earlier...the BOFF Costume Tailor crash problem APPEARS to be fixed (at least...seems to work at Drozana Station)
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    scipher wrote: »
    Cryptic staff meeting:

Item#1 We have been getting massive complaints and support tickets regarding the increasingly degraded quality of our servers. Yeah (staff member) we have no idea why its doing that all the servers we bought in 2009 were top of the line the guy on Ebay said.

Item#2 Well so what are we going to do about the increasingly huge list of bugs and errors the player base is having to deal with the making the game almost unplayable? Oh oh oh (staff member) I know lets spend far too much time and resources on making all the icons look pretty it will totally fool the player base with crazy shinny mind blowing art and it will magically put them in a trance and empty their wallets into the game. Oh it will also have the side effect of making them forget the game is progressivly getting unplayable and stun them into thinking the huge lag and rubber banding is really a feature.

You seriously think the icon artist would also be working on system bugs and server maintenance? Good job for all of us that you and the other whiners don't work for Cryptic then...
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • rblaher988rblaher988 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ooooh I like the new icon art!! Makes the consoles seem more real ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well... not precisely the place to put this, but since the mail system (and critiques about the "solutions", why not...)

Instead of keeping the objects attached to the messages in your mailbox, how about changing the system to something like this...

Someone sends you an item...
    You get the notification of the item sent to you in your mail...
    ...which you can read anywhere through the mail icon on the mini map...
    ...and then delete after you've read it.
    The item sent to you, at the time it was sent to you, gets placed in your Received Items Bank...
    ...which is only accessible through the bank consoles, same as your inventory bank, fleet bank, and account bank.

This Received Items Bank, would be limited to 100 spots, same as the limit for mail attachments now (with an overflow possible for items sent to you by the system, which I believe is also what occurs in mail now)

You may not place anything into the Received Items Bank, you may only take things out of it, and when that bank is full, senders get the message that their items weren't able to be sent, because the recipient has no room to receive those items.

This would take care of the double message issue, take care of the mail system even having to keep track of all of those items and just handle messages like it is designed for, and all those items will be handled by the banking code, which is designed for keeping track of those items.

This type of system, I believe, would go a long way towards keeping so many people's mail from being stuffed full of messages so much of the time, since they don't have to be kept anymore, since all those messages do is let you know something has arrived into your received items bank. Deleting those messages, would not delete the items in the bank.

Since we wouldn't need to keep those messages anymore, that would take care of much of the load the mail system is dealing with.

Just a thought.

-- Smoov
  • pvpdictator1pvpdictator1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Thank you for the prompt response to all the whinning. Resubscribed.

fixed it for yha.

ps, does this seems familiar, perhaps...perhaps not.... 1 vision, 1 purpose, peace trough power!
    oow and before i forget:

may the dictatorsship prevail!

arrrgh, pegi 18
  • smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rblaher988 wrote: »
    Ooooh I like the new icon art!! Makes the consoles seem more real ^_^
    I dunno, I kind of have mixed feelings on the new icon art.

Some of them I like, others I don't. I like the old alloy/plating ones... but I tend to favor black backgrounds anyways.

The one part of them I would have liked done differently was the projectile-related ones for Tricobalt, Transphasic, and Chroniton.

More variation in the energy color on those would be nice. The shades of yellow are just too similar for my taste.

That is pretty much my only major critique... (well, that, and they aren't as easily distinguished from each other as they were before)

I would like to know if there are plans to continue the facelift on future updates for other equipment icons as well, like for weapons and devices, as well as boff power-tray items?

-- Smoov
  • schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm missing a line in the patchnotes regarding the Monbosh Battleship:

-These ships can be traded in at the Ferengi Collector for the same amount of Lobi that the ship initially cost to purchase.

I don't know whats going on in your team to let a cloak "accidental" slip onto a ship, but simply removing it would have been a sufficient step as hotfix a few minutes after the issue was discovered. But you left both ship and cloak available for a week, with people buying those ships with and maybe even because of cloak. Something more needs to be done than just removing the cloak.
  • pvpdictator1pvpdictator1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm missing a line in the patchnotes regarding the Monbosh Battleship:

-These ships can be traded in at the Ferengi Collector for the same amount of Lobi that the ship initially cost to purchase.

I don't know whats going on in your team to let a cloak "accidental" slip onto a ship, but simply removing it would have been a sufficient step as hotfix a few minutes after the issue was discovered. But you left both ship and cloak available for a week, with people buying those ships with and maybe even because of cloak. Something more needs to be done than just removing the cloak.

it was widely announced that the cloack is a mistake, and that it will be removed, so buying it after the announcement then asking for a refund is a noo noo.

same as with disruptor nerf.... sorry i mean "fixxxxxx" do some research.

so sorry little bukaneer, no refund, arrgggh

pegi 18.

1 vision, 1 purpose, peace trough power!

you cant kill your messiah!
This discussion has been closed.