Install Arc
Options

In-game lag/Server not responding

1235»

Comments

• Options
    borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yeah sure whatever you wish, it doesnt fix the lag, and it doesnt contribute to this discussion, so have a good day,

to cryptix: fix the lag for christ sake
  • Options
    konamzkikonamzki Member Posts: 78
    edited August 2013
    you're the only one like playing the lag stop such a kiss-a$$ and dont preach us about a fact of life cause where i livee they'll take you to the killing floor a-hole
    Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy.
  • Options
    similonsimilon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yeah sure whatever you wish, it doesnt fix the lag, and it doesnt contribute to this discussion, so have a good day,

to cryptix: fix the lag for christ sake

Heh, I explained why your request is impossible. If you care to propose a way they could fix the lag without an expensive overhaul, I'm sure cryptic would be very grateful.
    konamzki wrote: »
    you're the only one like playing the lag stop such a kiss-a$$ and dont preach us about a fact of life cause where i livee they'll take you to the killing floor a-hole

Nothing but insults and poorly veiled threats? Yet I'm accused of being unproductive...
    edited August 2013
    I see in the notes your techs did some tweaking. Well I have a 50 meg connection and so far it's taken an hour and I still haven't finished downloading the patch. Look, this is terrible. I have Never had trouble like this with STO. Ever.

And I don't ever have lag in game. So if things are as bad as everyone is saying, looks like your techs tweaked something in the wrong direction.
    I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
  • Options
    konamzkikonamzki Member Posts: 78
    edited August 2013
    I see in the notes your techs did some tweaking. Well I have a 50 meg connection and so far it's taken an hour and I still haven't finished downloading the patch. Look, this is terrible. I have Never had trouble like this with STO. Ever.

And I don't ever have lag in game. So if things are as bad as everyone is saying, looks like your techs tweaked something in the wrong direction.

i'm not threating you "It's A FACT OF LIFE" a-hole
    Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy.
  • Options
    arcjetarcjet Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wow, you can't even report someone on these forums..

So they're saving on support staff, they obviously save on QA, and they probably save on game designers and programmers.

Why the hell can't they at least re-invest some of the money into the servers?

Maximizing the profits, eh? Let's wait when it starts to bite them in the rear.
  • Options
    embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hello, am I the only one with huge lag after the patch? I have never had such a lag since I got back a month ago. I hope it can not be cause by me dowloading patch about 30 mins after the maintenance started, can it?
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My game patched but now crashes constantly on "Star Trek Legacy of Romulus" loading screen and doesn't get past that. After that it just shuts down and then the I get the submit error window. I've submitted the error two times. Still can't get in now. Probably won't get my free ships either. Nice.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yep, also on version FIOS and I'm getting huge instability issues with STO.

So, netflix issue eh? Gotta love bandwidth disputes. Hope they solve this soon.

No I have Comcast digital cable and its still lagging, and giving me disconnects takes 6-15 trys just to log-in then I get to play for 15 min and I get disconnected. Sometimes I get the Login_2 error.

So its not just Verizon customers its a issue with Star Trek online. I spend a hour everyday talking to Perfect World customer service about it. Yes they do have a customer service line though they don't advertise it.

That was a good try. You fooled a lot of people into thinking it was a issue with Verizon.

Hey thanks for the free stuff if this keeps up I own everything in the c-store not have to give you any more money.

Hopefully they terminate there tech staff, and hire some guys to resolve these issues until then. I will spend a hour on the phone with Perfect World Customer Service everyday. When they get tired of me calling they send someone to take over the Star Trek online system we wont have these issues or they micro manage you to death.

Thanks
  • Options
    romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    In the UK here on BT and in the past 20 mins or so, on Defera I have been unable to do anything, my game get's 'server not responding', rubber banding and server not connecting... Have not had any connection now for 10 minutes, as soonas I log int I get 'server not connected'

Methinks you need a fix?
  • Options
    romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Another fleetmate having same issues...he is from the UK as well....
  • Options
    stoney2507stoney2507 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    im from belgium and i cant even play everything i do triggers a server disconect on al chars
    this is very bad because i want a simitar but im not going to buy a ship when i cant even play for 1 min before the server boots me out :mad:
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm getting multiple server not responding messages in ESD and they are only a few secconds apart. It has only happened with this frequency in ESD and started today for me.
  • Options
    cptbluewolf07cptbluewolf07 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Lag yesterday, Lag today, getting 4fps. Bump
  • Options
    archer6621archer6621 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    i have charter and i play 3 other games sto is the only1 with the bad severs and i've been getting kicked from severs all day
    ya im a red shirt so what im a master at being cannon fodder so what?:cool:
  • Options
    grizzlyukgrizzlyuk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For the last 2+ hours I've been getting constant "Server not responding" messages, by constant I mean every 60-90 seconds or so. Usually the message goes away but, so far, I've been disconnected from the server 5 times!

Yesterday I was suffering with in-game lag every couple of minutes, I think I'd rather have that than this constant "Server not responding" and "Disconnected from server" problem!

I'm in the UK and am a BT Broadband user, I'm not experiencing any other internet issues, it's just STO's servers that seem to have the problem.
    Playing STO since August 2010
    Playing Neverwinter since July 2014
  • Options
    grizzlyukgrizzlyuk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was playing earlier today without any problems, but now, for the last hour or so the "Server not responding" messages have returned! I got disconnected during a Borg Invasion daily, then I couldn't log back in, I had to fully exit from the game, run the launcher (which was very slow to actually launch) and by the time I managed to get back into the game my character was in sector space! Less than two minutes after getting into the game the "Server not responding" messages started once more! I returned to ESD but the server stopped responding about 2 seconds after I started to "dock" and I was left staring at an empty transporter room watching the "Server not responding" message and the counter just increasing! Once it reached 90 I gave up and exited the game. :(

This simply is NOT enjoyable, and sadly it appears that no-one at Cryptic could care less! :mad:
    Playing STO since August 2010
    Playing Neverwinter since July 2014
  • Options
    cptbluewolf07cptbluewolf07 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since Thurs of last week, the game is a no-go for me. I had 35-55fps, and the occasional lag/low fps, before, and now after log in, within 5 mins, my game goes from that 35-55, down to 5-8fps, and stays there for over 10mins, to which it will go back up again, and then down, then up. I have even played in a windowed view, with half resolution selected, and still persists. Done a traceroute, closed off other programs(Norton), turned most of the option to almost nothing, still a no-go. I'm not sure what they do with these patches, but it seems more n more, I can only play less n less. So glad I went gold this month.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since Thurs of last week, the game is a no-go for me. I had 35-55fps, and the occasional lag/low fps, before, and now after log in, within 5 mins, my game goes from that 35-55, down to 5-8fps, and stays there for over 10mins, to which it will go back up again, and then down, then up. I have even played in a windowed view, with half resolution selected, and still persists. Done a traceroute, closed off other programs(Norton), turned most of the option to almost nothing, still a no-go. I'm not sure what they do with these patches, but it seems more n more, I can only play less n less. So glad I went gold this month.

That sounds like an overheating graphics card with a failing fan. You might want to download SpeedFan to check your GPU temperature. I know because I had a problem like that a couple years back. It happens; fans go out and need replacing.

As for disconnects, I've been having a few odd random disconnects here and there, usually during zoning, but nothing as frequent as what I've seen described in this thread. So something's twitchy somewhere.
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I started to play STO in 19th August. At this day everything was perfect. But since 20th game is lagging and rubberbanding horribly. I basically can't play. Please fix your servers!
  • Options
    gojoredgojored Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, I am having the same issue as well. i performed tracert and nettest the results are excellent. my system is very stable and fast, my isp is cable (20mbp dwnld/17.4mbp upld) is good as well. running diag on vidcard see's nothing wrong either.

I've done everything i can here, any other ideas?
    Thanks,
    gojo.
    [SIGPIC]tritrophic mutualism: we get a viable game experience, and perfect worlds new ai "ARC" dines on our zen[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    holoxansholoxans Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am constantly getting dc'd, like every 5 minutes.
  • Options
    js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've had a LOT of disconnections and "account server not found" type issues since the last patch, but today's maintenance has made it a lot worse.

I'm getting disconnected every 5 minutes or so on average and the issue is definitely server-side and not my side because whenever I disconnect I'm unable to access the Gateway website as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!