test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tailor crash with romulan bridge officer

embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello, since the last patch whenever I go to tailor and select Satra, my boff the game crashes. It is a small bug, can live with it, but I have thought someone should know. Thanks.
Post edited by embrosil on

Comments

• starscorp180starscorp180 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Happens to me too. Game completely crashes when I select my borg officer. Does it in tribble under the same circumstances with any bridge officer.
  • brakisbrakis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm having the same issue with trying to change the costume on my Gorn Boff. I can select Ch'gren and K'Gan, but as soon as I select the Gorn I got of the exchange, crash to desktop. This happens every time I try to select him.

Update. I had dismissed Ch'gren and K'gan and was able to update the Gorn that I couldn't previously select. However, the 2nd Gorn I added had the same problem. It seems which ever character is in the 2nd slot crashes at the tailor.
  • embrosilembrosil Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    O.K. I loaded one of my older Federation characters and the same problem. Crashes at the tailor. Someone should really fix this.
  • androidwarriorandroidwarrior Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I get this too... I just made a new character and when I try to change uniform on my bridge officers it totally crashes... This should be fixed ASAP! :mad:
  • originaldaloriginaldal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This has happened to me with every new BOFF I have recieved lately. Not the best welcome to the game for a new player, bugs that ruin my gaming experience, and from googling the problem it looks like this has been going on for some time. Do the devs actually fix bugs in this game or is this a one off?
  • ssholeroyssholeroy Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The tailor has so many bugs, errors, clippings, etc. that it is remarkable it has gone on so long.

I get BOFF crashes, I also crash when changing views (large preview to small, etc), I cannot wear any but the first 2 costumes (initial and fleet). The uniform save/load is TRIBBLE beyond belief, etc.

I'd say don't get me started on Tailor issues, but it's too late.

"Shut up, and buy more zen!"
  • philhodgsonphilhodgson Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well, misery loves company, so I'm glad to see it's not just me.

A brand new KDF engineer, I bought four BOFFS immediately, and added them, wanting to go to the tailor and do the work on them together, but I cannot select them at all. Being a new account, I dismissed all of the ones I couldn't work with, and bought new ones, but the issue is unaffected.

It doesn't seem to be affecting all my toons, I have a Rom-KDF that is completely unaffected, but the tailor is inaccessible for all of my KDF toons.

This is only since yesterday's patch, and there are no other issues with my PC that could be causing the issue.

Please fix this ASAP, this is making this character pretty much unplayable.
  • btmarinebtmarine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just came back after a year and I cant change the uniform on my Borg BOFF. I crash to desktop, fairly frustrating.
  • rezonance1rezonance1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Also have this issue on my romulan captain. Only seems to affect new bridge officers, I can edit the outfis for officers I have already edited in the past, but just selecting officers I have not yet edited causes an immediate crash. Replicated the effect at least ten times, always the same.
  • stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had something similar to this happen on a KDF toon, repeated crash just accessing costumes of BOffs. It did stop after a file verify (you can force one through the options menu in the launcher).

Just in case everyone hasn't tried that yet.
  • devincaedwyndevincaedwyn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Tried to reverify the files, nothing. Trying another one now, this is one giant TRIBBLE off of a bug.
  • m1993maestrom1993maestro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi,

I also have this issue, except I'm on a Starfleet character. I just created this character yesturday (August 12th) and was able to edit my first Boff uniform just fine during the tutorial. Now, however, when I get my next two from the first mission reward, I cannot select the new Boffs without the game crashing to the desktop. I bought a new Boff from the exchange, and still get the crash. This is odd, as I can edit my first Boff that I got just fine, as well as my character's outfit, but any new boff that I get, I cannot even select their costume in the tailor without the game crashing..

Edit:

I also tried the verify files without any change in the issue.
    "Music is the single most powerful force in the universe"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • garamon2garamon2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is happening to me, too. When is this going to be fixed?
  • adarus77adarus77 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can edit the uniform of my character and my first boff, but when I try to edit the second or third the game crashed, so it is not only me? i hope they fix this problem, :(
  • ssholeroyssholeroy Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    garamon2 wrote: »
    This is happening to me, too. When is this going to be fixed?
    When you buy enough Zen. I.E. never.
  • crjasoncrjason Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have also had several instances where using the Tailor has crashed the game. Specifically when I go from the Large View to the Small View or List View.
  • eliwood44445eliwood44445 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Has anyone tried submitting a ticket?
  • psycopuppsycopup Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had the same problem with the second BOFF (Ch'gren) on my new KDF character today. When I got him I tried to change his name, and the game crashed. When I started it back up it showed his new name everywhere, but strangely not at the tailor, which gave me the idea to change his name back to default (which I did by changing in both the top slot and the first slot below where First, Middle, and Last can be entered). After reverting the name back to the original name I was then able to edit his uniform and apply it with no crash.
  • dearastronomerdearastronomer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wonder if this issue is also related to some BOFFs losing their skin/face/head?
  • solcath1solcath1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am also having this same issue, just started today, twice it has happened on my romulan char, my starfleet and kdf chars seem to be ok for now

My game crashes if i try an click the bridge officers tab at the top of the screen, no idea why, was fine yesterday, when i started a new SF char, but now i have a new Romulan char and its freaking out on the tailor, need to get this fixed as the clothing options are a big part of my spending, no point buying anything new clothing packs untill this is fixed... :(
    edited August 2013
    psycopup wrote: »
    I had the same problem with the second BOFF (Ch'gren) on my new KDF character today. When I got him I tried to change his name, and the game crashed. When I started it back up it showed his new name everywhere, but strangely not at the tailor, which gave me the idea to change his name back to default (which I did by changing in both the top slot and the first slot below where First, Middle, and Last can be entered). After reverting the name back to the original name I was then able to edit his uniform and apply it with no crash.

I just started a new character, no name change or anything but the moment I tried to edid Ch'grens uniform, the game crashed.
    So now I have a crashing Romulan, Fed and Klingon. Great. Is it really so hard to fix this????

EDIT: In two cases (Rom and Kl) the boff causing the crash is the one in the second slot. For the Fed character, it is the third slot, but she has far more boffs in use. So basicaly if I do not touch the second/third slot, everything is fine.
  • geekdavidgeekdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Has anyone tried submitting a ticket?

Yes, but it's not showing in the website ticket history. Not sure if that's another bug or not.
    edited August 2013
    O.K. Another observation. All affected characters do have an empty slot with a big X telling me I have to join a fleet to unlock that slot on the main chartacter page. Those unaffected do not. Just in case someone responsible reads this.
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same issue here. FED character.
    edited August 2013
    It does appear to be certain slots that are affected - only the third slot on one of my Klingons is affected. And it is characters with this fleet slot showing on the captain's page that are affected.

My oldest character is completely unaffected though, even though it isn't in a fleet, and the fleet slot is showing as blanked out.
    edited August 2013
    I tried to add a second costume to a captain that was affected - and now that second captain's costume is also bugged.

Come on Cryptic - this is not a minor issue. A bug that causes the programme to CTD needs dealing with urgently.
    edited August 2013
    And on a final note, I've now started a few to test - perhaps some of you could see if this is true for you too.

I have started a new Fed and KDF character since this bug started showing up - all new characters are affected.
    edited August 2013
    And on a final note, I've now started a few to test - perhaps some of you could see if this is true for you too.

I have started a new Fed and KDF character since this bug started showing up - all new characters are affected.

Indeed, every new char is bugged. Come on Cryptic. Is this the way you want to welcome new players? And imagine how many will buy new costumes when the game crashes the moment they want to use them?
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Allegiance uniforms are broke - comes up with Rom/Rem Fed uniforms which obviously don't work on a KDF allied char and the options for allegiance uniforms aren't available in the uniform customising tab.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just happened to me.

I opened a box of earrings from the lobi store and put them on my female romulan character. I wanted to see if the female reman boff, Veril, could use them. I click the boff tab at the top and clicked on Veril. That's when the game crashed hard to desktop. Didn't even have a chance to modify anything.

I was able to customize bridge officers at the tailor a few weeks ago. But somewhere in the last few patches the tailor got friggen worse. :mad: It seems when they attempt to fix tailor issues with romulan/reman costumes (which they actually don't fix much or anything at all) the tailor gets worse.