test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else get a random email from PWE Customer Service? [Resolved! See post #132.]

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi Captains,

A friendly reminder that posting private correspondence is against our ToS.

However, some background on the situation: we very recently discovered a gameplay bug (not player facing, so you wouldn't have known and it is through no fault of your own) that has been causing stability issues with the Star Trek Online servers. Our investigation shows that less than 110 accounts are affected by this issue, so we have been forced to temporarily suspend access to these accounts while we implement a fix. We estimate the fix to go live within 48 hours, and once it is, access to STO will be restored.

With the giveaway going on currently, we will be granting the items to the affected accounts, as they will not be able to log in and claim them on their own during this period. We are also investigating other potential forms of compensation for any inconvenience that this matter may have caused.

The accounts affected have all been emailed by our GM team to the email account on file. Once the fix is live, we will email again to let you know access has been restored.

We sincerely appreciate everyone's understanding and apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I feel left out Brandon... I ALWAYS used to be part of the "buggy group", and even have the Medal of Tangra to prove it.

Please enforce that bug on me, so I don't feel left out any more...

Great work on how you compensate people... I am impressed.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Given the small number my guess is it's either related to the suliban cellships or old referal accounts.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am affected and have been banned, however...

I would really like to know what 'game-breaking' bug this is as I am really not sure that I have been correctly identified.

I know one issue that could be the game breaking bug Brandon talk about.
    This consists of broken characters who will d/c after 5 or so seconds of changing zone/instance... game breaking part is that everybody else in that instance will also d/c.
    None of my characters had this bug (I have 9 toons and play them all on a daily basis and they don't get d/c'ed in this fashion) but I know ppl who do have it.

The other issue has something to do with the mail. Ever since they put our recovered items back (of which I have many hundreds of mails) I have had severe lag whenever I send a mail. This lasts for about 10 secs where my toons can run around and do stuff (and I may get a SNR message) but after the lag is finished I am rubberbanded back to the mail console to the orientration when I pressed SEND.

I would like clarification on what the bug is/was since it means I can't play for at least 2 days, which isn't great... Although I will gain the giveaway items as mentioned before I will not be able to participate in the end of the summer event (where i was trying to get lots of favours to obtain the costume pieces I don't already have). I will also not be able to doff, EC grind, dil refine, or put my reputation or fleet missions in/on. I will miss the chance to pick up the older lockboxes before the new Elachi ones comein, and I will miss the beginning of this as well....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • konamzkikonamzki Member Posts: 78
    edited August 2013
    fix the boku payment it wont reply :confused:
    Bawitdaba da bang a dang diggy diggy diggy said the boogy said up jump the boogy.
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    riyott wrote: »
    You are literally the most incompetent, stupid, horrible community moderator I've ever met.

When did you meet him?
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You guys should get a special title, "The 110".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After reading all comments in this thread I think I begin to understand,
    why some things are not allowed to discuss here :D

Also I would like to know Branflakes secret to always stay friendly
    and relaxed - no matter what the communitiy throws at him :confused::D
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pupibird wrote: »
    After reading all comments in this thread I think I begin to understand,
    why some things are not allowed to discuss here :D

Brandon handles things like Picard in this video..... Like a boss
    GwaoHAD.png
  • kahless2001kahless2001 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pupibird wrote: »

Well it involves at least 3 Orion slave boys to start with and then... :P
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,185 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    riyott wrote: »
    You are literally the most incompetent, stupid, horrible community moderator I've ever met.

Brandon happens to be the MOST COMPETENT Community MANAGER I have had the pleasure of liasing with. Regardless of how many times he has to repeat the same message to numerous players he still does it it because he cares about every single player. He responds personally to indivual messages personally.

I have not once come across anything Brandon has done for me to doubt his ability to do his job. PWE would not entrust him in his ability to do the job if they felt he wasunable to treat every individual to compassion and empathy.

Brandon has a loyal and dedicated fan base on the forum (for which I am one). I have never personally met the guy, but feel safe in the knowledge he is there to give support to me, and who ever should need his help.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,185 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Could not of put it any better
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, a database corruption problem, most likely. ~110 people have some combination of items or stats that is TRIBBLE with the works.

The fact that their database frequently causes items to be lost, progress to be lost, various bugs and now this... does not instill confidence. S*** happens but you guys needs some better DBAs.
    edited August 2013
    Come on people 110 ....A lot of you are Star Trek fans you know how it worked on the show....you want immersion here you go

Cryptic must Protect the ship, and the lives on bored, the needs of the many out way the needs of the few, and you must be quarantine until a cure can be found, till then no one shall beam on bored.

"Extreme caution! Star Trek Online is a quarantined vessel by order of Starfleet Command. Do not board!"
    GwaoHAD.png
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Now with all the people playing STO and less then 110 affected, I wonder what made us so special. At least I will still be getting the free Summer Giveaway items in theory but now I don't think I will be able to get the Risa favors I planned to work on for the outfits for my characters.

Well he did say they would be looking into other forms of compensation for the inconvenience. It might be they will look at your previous actions and average it out and award you some things you would have farmed for yourself. It is just a wait and see game at the moment.

However it is not that unusual for only a few accounts to be affected by something not affecting others. I was one of a few players who were affected by something in another game that was not affecting anyone else. It took those in the CS department loggining into our characters and doing what we described to track it down this was because they couldn't replicate it on their own characters. I can't for the life of me remember what they said was the cause but they fixed it.
  • apedilbertapedilbert Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2013

And the techs trying to fix the problem handled it like Kira did in Progress.

http://youtu.be/qzBpp7iu1oE
  • tontokowalski22tontokowalski22 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eazzie wrote: »
    Brandon happens to be the MOST COMPETENT Community MANAGER I have had the pleasure of liasing with. Regardless of how many times he has to repeat the same message to numerous players he still does it it because he cares about every single player. He responds personally to indivual messages personally.

I have not once come across anything Brandon has done for me to doubt his ability to do his job. PWE would not entrust him in his ability to do the job if they felt he wasunable to treat every individual to compassion and empathy.

Brandon has a loyal and dedicated fan base on the forum (for which I am one). I have never personally met the guy, but feel safe in the knowledge he is there to give support to me, and who ever should need his help.

You really need to get out more often. Video games are rotting your brains.
    vSzSPTd.jpg
    I don't always feel like endlessly grinding for hours with little to gain from it. But when I do, I choose Star Trek Online
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013

You mean he just ignores things that require his attention and spends that time badly playing a tin whistle instead of doing what he should be doing? That's more of an insult than a compliment.
    eazzie wrote: »
    Brandon has a loyal and dedicated fan base on the forum (for which I am one)

You lost all credibility with that post as a dedicated fan boy (like you profess to be) is not likely to see any flaws. Whilst I don't have anything against Brandon per se I didn't appreciate him playing his Tin whistle and spouting the "official party line" (which was wrong according to Billing support) over and over during the stipend debacle.
    chainfall wrote: »
    How do we know we aren't next? Or that it won't happen again for some other mysterious Men in Black reason?

You're supposed to get an email if they ban you, but they are allowed in the ToS to ban you for any reason they see fit, which presumably could mean you wake up and find yourself banned for no apparent reason.

At the end of the day, it got broke for these people and I hope they get their characters and items fully restored and they don't just get erased and told to start again. That happened to a friend of mine when his account became corrupted through no fault of his own.
    edited August 2013
    tc10b wrote: »
    You mean he just ignores things that require his attention and spends that time badly playing a tin whistle instead of doing what he should be doing? That's more of an insult than a compliment.

A question was asked how does he handle the insults from the forums, and my response to that was...like a boss, and a video representing him ignoring the poo people on the forum throw at him....Brandon did not ignore anything since he already made a statement on the subject.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The video doesn't support your comment in that context though. The video describes a scenario where Picard willfully ignores things that require his attention and action. (Being attacked, warp core breaches etc.)
    Whilst funny it's probably a bad example to link to.

Making an incorrect statement and calling the matter resolved when it clearly wasn't, is ignoring a problem. Which would fit the context of your video perfectly.
  • fcsp1910fcsp1910 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Greetings, fellow 110ers :rolleyes:
    edited August 2013
    Meh, it's a public video you interpret the way you want, and I'll interpret my comment the way I want.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm a little upset that I didn't get an email. *shakes first at Cryptic*

Don't I spend enough time on the forum to be important enough to have corrupted your database? Huh? Huh? What more must I do to get a little attention around here? *grand gesture of falling to the floor with the back of my hand against my forehead*

Cryptic, from hell's heart I stab at thee... :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited August 2013
    The 110 should form a fleet when/if they come back, and use said name, and as someone pointed get a title 110 ....and all their uniforms look liked dying zombies
    GwaoHAD.png
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I'm a little upset that I didn't get an email. *shakes first at Cryptic*

Don't I spend enough time on the forum to be important enough to have corrupted your database? Huh? Huh? What more must I do to get a little attention around here? *grand gesture of falling to the floor with the back of my hand against my forehead*

Cryptic, from hell's heart I stab at thee... :)

Nonono....your time on the forum can't corrupt the game's database...only the forum's database with...niceness.:D
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I did actually.

But it was about my choice of words in explaining elite ground gameplay to some new people.

And also what I felt about them leaving on the boss after rushing into the room twice in a row and not reading the chat.

The GM felt I brought up some interesting points but the style of my presentation could be more diplomatic so that people don't overlook the point of what is said.
  • therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Question for you who got your account temp banned:

Does any of you NOT have a Suliban cellship?
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    vestereng wrote: »
    I did actually.

But it was about my choice of words in explaining elite ground gameplay to some new people.

And also what I felt about them leaving on the boss after rushing into the room twice in a row and not reading the chat.

The GM felt I brought up some interesting points but the style of my presentation could be more diplomatic so that people don't overlook the point of what is said.

Are you sure you're in the right thread?
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I know of one who did not. He did, however, have bugged mails that another affected person mentioned in this thread.
  • mousemaster1mousemaster1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I do not own a Cell, but do have the other Freighter.

The same is true of another fleetmate who also was affected (no Cell ship buts owns 1 Freighter).

Both of us are lifers.
  • delta1122delta1122 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am locked, have had my lifetime subscription since pre-launch but own neither freighter.

I had noticed over the past few days since the last patch that I would periodically (every 4-5 minutes) get about a 20 second Server Not Responding message which would almost always run its course and the rubber band would snap back into place to repeat itself over and over again. I troubleshot it as a possible networking issue but could not reproduce it outside of STO nor in any other game I play through Steam.

I have no proof that one is correlated to the other but I thought it significant enough to mention in case we can establish similar behavior among those of us locked out. I would hope for an explanation just to sate my technical curiosity but I doubt it's something the developers would openly discuss beyond "it's fixed".