test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone else get a random email from PWE Customer Service? [Resolved! See post #132.]

Comments

• therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I do not own a Cell, but do have the other Freighter.

The same is true of another fleetmate who also was affected (no Cell ship buts owns 1 Freighter).

Both of us are lifers.

Thank you. Just excluding a hypothesis.
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Question for you who got your account temp banned:

Does any of you NOT have a Suliban cellship?

The two people I know both do not have Cell ships or freighters but are both lifers. One hates these forums like the plague and the other was perma-banned for a comment much less severe than this.
    riyott wrote: »
    You are literally the most incompetent, stupid, horrible community moderator I've ever met.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The two people I know both do not have Cell ships or freighters but are both lifers. One hates these forums like the plague and the other was perma-banned for a comment much less severe than this.
    The thing is we don't know if riyott was banned for saying it, or will be banned once BranFlakes sees it, as the new forum doesn't list "banned" under the player's name any more when they're banned. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited August 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited August 2013
    Correct me if I'm wrong but a forum ban doesn't necessarily mean someone is also banned from the game itself.
    Yeah, it's just a forum ban. I only know of 1 person who ever received a game ban.
  • riyottriyott Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The thing is we don't know if riyott was banned for saying it, or will be banned once BranFlakes sees it, as the new forum doesn't list "banned" under the player's name any more when they're banned. :)

Not banned yet, YOLO
    edited August 2013
    riyott wrote: »
    Not banned yet, YOLO
    Well hang in there, even if it goes bad.

edited August 2013
  • alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    delta1122 wrote: »
    I am locked, have had my lifetime subscription since pre-launch but own neither freighter.

I had noticed over the past few days since the last patch that I would periodically (every 4-5 minutes) get about a 20 second Server Not Responding message which would almost always run its course and the rubber band would snap back into place to repeat itself over and over again. I troubleshot it as a possible networking issue but could not reproduce it outside of STO nor in any other game I play through Steam.

I have no proof that one is correlated to the other but I thought it significant enough to mention in case we can establish similar behavior among those of us locked out. I would hope for an explanation just to sate my technical curiosity but I doubt it's something the developers would openly discuss beyond "it's fixed".

This describes my situation on STO over the last few weeks at least, too. Lots of SNR every map change before it would go through, disconnects at least three times a day. Worst going to/from a 'social zone' (ESD, DS9, QoNoS, New Romulus) than a normal map. There was an issue a few weeks back where my Reman character could not go to New Romulus at all without getting kicked with an error about some huge texture.

I own a Tuffli but not a cell ship freighter by the way, on one character.

I have not played STO through Steam since I found out it runs fine without it.

I am a lifetimer, too.

I am a 110er, ban-quarrantined :P

EDIT: Oh, and hell NO we should *not* form a 110 fleet! That would just put us all into the same target bullseye for Cryptic. And I'm sure would be infamous like Dental or something :P
    edited August 2013
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited August 2013
    With all the posts about forum moderation - I am expecting a thread closure inbound - or some heavy redation.
  • agc1agc1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    well my acct is affected by the issue and yet i have not gotten any email and can still access the game as normal but i still get kicked
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    alkelda wrote: »
    This describes my situation on STO over the last few weeks at least, too. Lots of SNR every map change before it would go through, disconnects at least three times a day. Worst going to/from a 'social zone' (ESD, DS9, QoNoS, New Romulus) than a normal map. There was an issue a few weeks back where my Reman character could not go to New Romulus at all without getting kicked with an error about some huge texture.

As mentioned before I am one of the 110 (although given the number of people here that have said it has affected them and given the relitively small minority of players that are actually active on these forums I am starting to think it may be more than this...)

The above is exactly what I have been getting about a month ago with the same texture errors. I thought it was a hardware issue, turned down my settings and updated my driver and havent had any similar problems with d/c's for the last few weeks.

The mail issue (rubber-band lag when sending mails) has been constant tho, ever since they restored my hundreds (and possibly thousands) of mail items. I still don't understand why this required the accounts to be banned?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    agc1 wrote: »
    well my acct is affected by the issue and yet i have not gotten any email and can still access the game as normal but i still get kicked

Maybe it's a somewhat different issue.
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    And this is the exact reason why bans are useless as a means of punishment as soon as a game goes F2P and thankfully Cryptic seems to have realized this. Banning people in an F2P game only encourage the affected people to create a new account and come back and unleash all their frustration and anger in disrupting the game.

They banned my game account (all cryptic games not only sto ) for posting doffs in a player made channel so it will ban you and ban your IPs (doesnt matter if they will ban other people who use that dynamic IP) just for lols and post a link to TOS.They realized sheet...they still let people chat ban eachtother ...(yes people get in verbal fights then the one with the most friends chat bans the other guy).

What people can do about this is to tell everyone what happens so other peole dont get to invest time ,money and thrust.
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    alkelda wrote: »

I own a Tuffli but not a cell ship freighter by the way, on one character.

I have not played STO through Steam since I found out it runs fine without it.

I am a lifetimer, too.

I am a 110er, ban-quarrantined :P

EDIT: Oh, and hell NO we should *not* form a 110 fleet! That would just put us all into the same target bullseye for Cryptic. And I'm sure would be infamous like Dental or something :P

Similar issues at times. I have phantom mails from the exchange from a returned item, one is the item the other is nothing, removing the item and deleting that mails clears both. Random spots of lagging out then it jumps to normal. I could not go to ESD one time because a texture was broken and the patcher could not find it. Later i could not go to Defera because a borg head texture was reporting a problem. Dropping the quality on character models let me get in though. This would sometimes fix itself after awhile, I wiped all the .hogg files and repatched and was able to put it back to 100% for texture.

No cell or freighter on any of my accounts, am a lifer but have only been playing for about 18 months or so and I have around 4-500 of the returned mails not enough space in the doff roster to claim them all. My roster is full of nothing but purples with some blues (400 limit).

And I have a personal fleet I've gotten up to tier 3/2/2 so I don't plan to form a fleet with the other 110s. =P
  • nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi Captains,

A friendly reminder that posting private correspondence is against our ToS.

However, some background on the situation: we very recently discovered a gameplay bug (not player facing, so you wouldn't have known and it is through no fault of your own) that has been causing stability issues with the Star Trek Online servers. Our investigation shows that less than 110 accounts are affected by this issue, so we have been forced to temporarily suspend access to these accounts while we implement a fix. We estimate the fix to go live within 48 hours, and once it is, access to STO will be restored.

With the giveaway going on currently, we will be granting the items to the affected accounts, as they will not be able to log in and claim them on their own during this period. We are also investigating other potential forms of compensation for any inconvenience that this matter may have caused.

The accounts affected have all been emailed by our GM team to the email account on file. Once the fix is live, we will email again to let you know access has been restored.

We sincerely appreciate everyone's understanding and apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This bug must be beneficial to the player in some way. This is the ONLY reason they are fixing it. They are just pretending it is a stability issue.

Hey PWE...we have a whole other laundry list of bugs that have been around since launch. The bugs we want fixed actually have a negative impact on game play. Do you guys wanna fix those too? No? Never? Ok...nevermind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
  • thetarqthetarq Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eazzie wrote: »
    Brandon happens to be the MOST COMPETENT Community MANAGER I have had the pleasure of liasing with. Regardless of how many times he has to repeat the same message to numerous players he still does it it because he cares about every single player. He responds personally to indivual messages personally.

I have not once come across anything Brandon has done for me to doubt his ability to do his job. PWE would not entrust him in his ability to do the job if they felt he wasunable to treat every individual to compassion and empathy.

Brandon has a loyal and dedicated fan base on the forum (for which I am one). I have never personally met the guy, but feel safe in the knowledge he is there to give support to me, and who ever should need his help.

Hey when you are done with his boots, mine could use a quick shine.
    -= ROM PAUL =-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dova25dova25 Member Posts: 475
    edited August 2013
    My account is banned too

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
    Aristotle/Caiaphas/Surak

If by banning the 110 account's the rest of players have indeed better game stability I do understand and agree with it.Hope it will be solved quickly.Qapla'
    "There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
    I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
    edited August 2013
    You all assume that the number 110 is true just because some Cryptic employee said so?
    edited August 2013
    You all assume that the number 110 is true just because some Cryptic employee said so?
    The number sited is "less then 110" and the issue sited is server stability. This problem could have nothing to do any one of a number of other problems players encounter. Different things can be broken in different ways - such as Saucer Sep causing server instability and map failure several months ago when they told everyone to stop using Saucer Separation until they could fix it.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hold on that isn't entirely his fault. I've been stuck in similar situations where I had to spout the "company line" even when the response didn't address the customers problem (like the stipend issue). To make matters worse those companies I worked for didn't even have a "billing support" for customers to contact.

The companies wanted nothing to do with customer support. Instead they let the call centers they contract put up with all the TRIBBLE but denied them the ability to resolve the customers problems.

All we could do was forward an email to billing or whatever other department and hope they looked into it. Frequently we couldn't even find out if anything was being done if the customer called back.

I'm not holding him completely accountable, I just found it odd that a video was used to demonstrate his alleged greatness ("handling it like a boss") seemed to demonstrate my whole feelings on that particular matter. In that rightly or wrongly, it was ignored and buried in the depths of the forums never to see the light of day.

I value honesty and integrity (old fashioned concepts, I know) and with the stipend issue he took a hit in both of those departments in my opinion; especially considering it's part of his paid job description and it's not something he handled exceptionally well and he will have to work hard to regain that level of trust.

That being said, I have no reason to not believe that somewhere between 1 and 109 accounts are affected by this temporary ban as he said less than 110.
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eazzie wrote: »
    Brandon happens to be the MOST COMPETENT Community MANAGER I have had the pleasure of liasing with. Regardless of how many times he has to repeat the same message to numerous players he still does it it because he cares about every single player. He responds personally to indivual messages personally.

I have not once come across anything Brandon has done for me to doubt his ability to do his job. PWE would not entrust him in his ability to do the job if they felt he wasunable to treat every individual to compassion and empathy.

Brandon has a loyal and dedicated fan base on the forum (for which I am one). I have never personally met the guy, but feel safe in the knowledge he is there to give support to me, and who ever should need his help.

He certainly has done a much better job than the previous people. What some people feel appropriate to say as an anonymous internet commentator is beyond the pale.
    edited August 2013
    Just realized I"m not going to be able to pick up the last of the accolades from Risa.

That kind of annoys me.
  • rossrobertsonrossrobertson Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It seems that I am one of the "110". Pffft.
    I don't know what makes me so special... I only log in once a day, if that, just to 'doff up' on my main, do the Risa horgon hunt and hatch the bird eggs and buy & sell a few things on the exchange. I'm so fed up of the grind thesedays, thats about it.
    The only thing that I can think of that sets me apart is that I have quite a lot of items stored in the mail. They were all neatly labelled prior to the temporary deletion a few weeks back, now they are a bloody mess which I've yet to sort through.

Oh well, at least we got an email about it... thats something I suppose. Still losing out on egg hatching time though.
    edited August 2013
    It seems that I am one of the "110". Pffft.
    I don't know what makes me so special... I only log in once a day, if that, just to 'doff up' on my main, do the Risa horgon hunt and hatch the bird eggs and buy & sell a few things on the exchange. I'm so fed up of the grind thesedays, thats about it.
    The only thing that I can think of that sets me apart is that I have quite a lot of items stored in the mail. They were all neatly labelled prior to the temporary deletion a few weeks back, now they are a bloody mess which I've yet to sort through.

Oh well, at least we got an email about it... thats something I suppose. Still losing out on egg hatching time though.

I had sorted my mail items the same way and have not gone through it for the same reason. Its a bloody mess that I don't have time or space to deal with right now. =/
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've always wondered what is beyond the pale? Translucent maybe? :confused:

It's an idiom which refers to areas in Ireland under English occupation during the 15th Century between Dublin and Dundalk.
    Referring to something in this manner usually meant something which fell outside the local laws of the English occupied territory which was known at the time as "the pale" from the Latin palus referring in this case to a stake as part of a fence or more generally a boundary.

Thus going beyond the pale was going outside of this area and therefore outside of what was considered acceptable behaviour to English people.

It later went on to become "crossing the line" and other such derivatives.