Install Arc
Options

3rd No BS Tournament (Classic Edition) - >>> Rules and Teams <<<

Comments

• Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I thought video games were to have fun?

Doesn't sound like anyone here is having fun.
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So after reading 92 Posts in this thread. Many turning quite Toxic.. I am starting to understand why Cryptic won't do anything with the PVP Community beyond Boot Camp or Branflakes Random PVP events that he does.

It is a shame too.

Oh and to the Pandas.. How does it feel to now be in the same classification as TSI? :P
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    All of the drama is good for no one. I'm sure there's lots of blame to be thrown around, but what's done is done.

Let's just try and learn what went wrong with this one and try not to make the same mistakes for the next tournament.
    webdeath wrote: »
    Oh and to the Pandas.. How does it feel to now be in the same classification as TSI? :P

#swag
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    We know this because we had another Lag member assisting another fleet who were short of a player and has said the way (ic member) described the situation was blatantly one sided.

only to clear it up: not has been the mentioned one, but the impression i got carried the image of a witch hunt (not especially by ic!).
    we all rant from time to time and i see both sides points. i though do think one of them is a bit more valid (from what i know... whatever that means :D).

it may could have been much more ease if views in this case not would be so strict :(.
    yesterday has been a bad day for pvp and both sides jumped on that. and both sides got their points... get over it, be nice kids :rolleyes:

i wish ya much fun with the ongoing tourney and hope for next to have less drama ;)
  • Options
    talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wast33 wrote: »
    both sides got their points... get over it, be nice kids :rolleyes:

i wish ya much fun with the ongoing tourney and hope for next to have less drama ;)

I still don't get the situation fully, and aren't taking sides. But agree with that statement above.

Let's get this show on the road. Lesson learned, whatever that may be.

Cheers!
    Tal

ps my vageen is bigger :)
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    First that all I would like to congrats Omega Circle Ponys Of Death for winning our mach in a fair fight.

I also would like to said, that for us, the Division Hispana fleet, is has been a long process of growing. From been nearly last in the 2nd tournament, to been first in our group after defeating all of our 3 rivals in fair machs (we loss only one mach and even that one of the teams was disqualified we won our mach with them before the sanction).

We really believe in STO, and we believe in PVP and we support all the projects that try to bring life to this forgotten section of the game.

We also try to stay out of the fleets/flame wars because we really believe that if the community is divided, then PVP is going to be doomed. Only united we are strong and only united we are going to show Cryptic that PVP is worth it!

So, again, really thanks Inner Circle for the organization of this tournament. Also thanks to Umbra Venator, Turkish RP Heros, Lag Industries and Omega Circle Ponys Of Death for the fun battles we have.

Now lets hope that the Territory Control tournament succeed as the same that another tournament.

To finsh: congratulations to Nova Core and Omega Circle Ponys Of Death for been the finalist and that the better team wins!

BTW: Sorry for bad english.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So what I am hearing here is .... IF I had put together a Critz Team... which mostly likely would have had 1-3 Critz guys that have alts in Pandas.... we would have got kicked ?

Damn glad we didn't put our names in. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So what I am hearing here is .... IF I had put together a Critz Team... which mostly likely would have had 1-3 Critz guys that have alts in Pandas.... we would have got kicked ?

Yeah that pretty much sounds like we would have been kicked for having associations with Sad Pandas. :rolleyes:
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xtremenoob1xtremenoob1 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited August 2013

That would more than likely be correct.

Some facts to point out.

1. It's a game
    2. It's suppose to be fun
    3. ROFLStomping is what they want to do so when groups provides a challenge they cry
    "HEX" instead of accepting there is a learning curve in game. Team work is the real "HEX."
    4. Critz should make a comeback. LORE is :p And with that so will Chaos.
    -X-/Pandas - Pheo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, congratulations to Nova Core, you guys did a amazing tournament and are the well deserved champions.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Uussh, this tourney was very hard to fight: very tough fleets and a lot of sub nukes :D
    I'm very happy for my fleet, in 1 year we set a good premade and we reached the 4th place in this tournament :)
    I'm looking forward for the future ones, we like to fight against you guys!
    I want to say thank you to IC, Hannibal, Mira and Zimbilimbim for the complete availability and patience :D, although there were some small problems...
    And a big GG to all our opponents, very fun matches full of pvpness :D

ps: Congratulation to -Nova Core- !!!
  • Options
    livinrtblivinrtb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Congratz Nova Core...Well played...8D
  • Options
    playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Congratz to Nova Core and to the tournament hosts.

We had lot of fun with the tournament, all god matches. Our playoff match vs Omega-Circle was epic, we where up by 1 kill with 1 minute remain, they tie the score, and win with a instant kill in the last 5 seconds of the match, i almost throw the monitor out the window :(

And please people, stop with the hate, we are an small community, break it apart won't help.
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    playhard88 wrote: »
    Congratz to Nova Core and to the tournament hosts.

We had lot of fun with the tournament, all god matches. Our playoff match vs Omega-Circle was epic, we where up by 1 kill with 1 minute remain, they tie the score, and win with a instant kill in the last 5 seconds of the match, i almost throw the monitor out the window :(

And please people, stop with the hate, we are an small community, break it apart won't help.

Hates is only created when shady decisions are made which clearly happened in this tournament ie unwritten whispered ones / rules made up mid way through a tournament resulting in a ban. If that never happened, there would be no hate.

Positively though congrats to Nova Core. You kicked our Lag asses :)
  • Options
    talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yay congrats Nova Core :). It's been a long road, but kudos on the hard work. (yes its not weird for me to congratulate me own fleet, I can't even play lol). Kudos all around to the other fleets, I would have loved to have watched -every- match. I hope people have videos, i live vicariously through them o.o. I neeeeds it, stick it my veins! ><
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the props in this tourney. ;)

I've had a ton of fun in this tourney. And yes, let's do away with the animosity, we need to stand together as a community.

Somehow...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spherbspherb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    s7ike wrote: »
    The rule made by Hannibal of no more than one panda in a team. Changing your fleet right before the tournament doesn't help matters. And then changing names on teamspeak so no one would suspect the parties involved. I personally don't care if y'all were to join however taking everyone for idiots wasn't the best course of action.
    You do a fine job of it on your own...no help needed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    webdeath wrote: »
    So after reading 92 Posts in this thread. Many turning quite Toxic.. I am starting to understand why Cryptic won't do anything with the PVP Community beyond Boot Camp or Branflakes Random PVP events that he does.

It is a shame too.

YAY TSI is still mentioned! YAY!

:P
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • Options
    masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My congrats to Nova :) Very nice job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • Options
    ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Congrats to team Nova Core and a little Beautiful Orion Zelda for winning the tourney! U guys rock! :cool:
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Agreed, congrats to Nova Core.
  • Options
    torvinecho25torvinecho25 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *edit: removed my original post to avoid causing further "drama" over the No BS3. if the opportunity arises, I will bring up my concerns in a more...regulated medium*

Congratulations to NOVA CORE on the win, best regards to you guys :)

- T
  • Options
    sgtciscoinsasgtciscoinsa Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    @torvinecho25

I am confused..you didnt like the no Sanda Panda rule? Now come on..we allllllllll know why they got banned. Lets not get our feathers ruffled..we all know what happen. Do we really need to go over it again. COME ON MAN!!! <--like sports center. LOL:D
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Congrats Nova Core.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    tripwire690tripwire690 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Team Dark Star would like to thank you all for your warm congratulations. We would like to congratulate the finalists who made this tournament intense and interestingly unpredictable. We would like to give thanks to all the fleets who participated. Nova Core looks forward to possibly fielding two teams in the next tournament. And we hope that ALL of the dedicated pvp fleets in Star Trek Online will make an effort to put aside any animosity or differences and make it as much of a success as we can. This is our community. It is up to us to tend to it as needed.
    starfleet_department_of_temporal_investigations_by_gazomg-da64jys.jpg

Let no other Captain discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Debuffs and Disables be damned! Charge up your Backstep and Forge your build out of Lock Boxes, Consoles, and Flash Sales feeding off of only your pure will to chain, spam, and hax your way forward. You will not be forgotten to history.
  • Options
    keyboalpha2keyboalpha2 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Congrats to Nova Core, awesome work!

"My" "Mixed Kinkys" team had a lot of fun during this tournament, which was the first one I have ever participated in. I was sooo exhausted after our last match lol.

Btw there was not only drama, nice things happened during this event, too: in the last match versus Division Hispana their first kill was because of disconnection problems of our team mate. We discussed, they believed us at the end (oh, it was the truth btw :)), match continued. As the match was over I obviously missed that our last kill was out of time - we discussed again in team speak after the match and I had to agree that this was likely my bad...situation clarified. My experiences in summary: great, entertaining and fair matches, two discussions (but no drama) and after our last match I hear the Captain of Division Hispana saying: was a great fight. Oh yes, it was!!! I enjoyed every single match (those we won a little more lol).

So thx to Inner Circle for this tournament and thx to all teams we faced in briar patch. And beware - we will be back :)
    Umbra Venator
    (www.umbravenator.webs.com
    )
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Team Dark Star would like to thank you all for your warm congratulations. We would like to congratulate the finalists who made this tournament intense and interestingly unpredictable. We would like to give thanks to all the fleets who participated. Nova Core looks forward to possibly fielding two teams in the next tournament. And we hope that ALL of the dedicated pvp fleets in Star Trek Online will make an effort to put aside any animosity or differences and make it as much of a success as we can. This is our community. It is up to us to tend to it as needed.

Congats Nova Core - hope to see you all field a team in the upcoming BCTC Tournaments. There are some great non-ec prizes coming.

I agree its time for PvP to move forward together and put aside unnecessary animosity. I can only hope that Boot Camp is included in this sentiment as we have had a target painted on us for sometime now.
  • Options
    kolln95kolln95 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A very big congratulations to Nova Core especially to its Dark team! Be proud of your fleetmates, Trip!

And everyone DO NOT forget, BootCamp TS always welcome everyone who want to come up and play even individually or in groups. We have enough place and we can provide more if necessary!

Every initiative of assembling the PvP community is welcomed on BC TS!

Special thanks to Hannibal and his assistants, they did a great job, on Saturday there were a lot of players, please keep up the good work and aid the community!

Hussar Guardian Forces
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]