What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Server Maintenance (August 9, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is my second day playing this game and the second day I got kicked off for maintenance. I really hope thi isnt a reoccuring theme

Every Thursday is normal maintenance and you can expect to be kicked from the server around this time of day. Maintenance on other days like today is rare, usually reserved for when they break something.
  • Options
    karhaekarhae Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thesaxlad wrote: »
    As posters above, wouldn't be suprised if it was setting up for ARC. (Which personally I am dreading using, considering the last time I used a 3rd party launcher it screwed up my game and my keybinds...)

If they force us to use ARC I will very likely quit playing STO.
  • Options
    sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is my second day playing this game and the second day I got kicked off for maintenance. I really hope thi isnt a reoccuring theme

Relax... every few months or so, STO comes down for some sort of maintainance or another! Sometimes multiple times! I suppose we have to wish that they had done this account server maintenance during YESTERDAY's maintenance! :rolleyes: BUT, if they want/need to bring it down because of some BIG issue brought up from yesterday's patch and are fixing it...more power to them! at least they are working on fixing the problems and not trying to make more! ;) But, like I said, don't worry! This will all even out in time! (Am I correct in presuming this, Mr. Branflakes?)

BTW, Mr. Branflakes, when may we expect the fix on the new carrier UI commands (namely the broken recall command)?
  • Options
    laminouklaminouk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    milestfox wrote: »
    Can we please keep this maintenance topic solely about this maintenance for a change?

All this conversation about unrelated things is both pointless and self-denigrating.

I am fully aware that my request is also pointless, as nobody here uses logic in their decisions.

clever troll?

@john98837

I just mean, changing zones with mail open or doing a foundry while in the que for a pve star base.

looks like to me there is alot broken and account maintenance less then 24 hours after a server maintenance is odd.. and at 3 Pm in the afternoon is annoying.
  • Options
    revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    karhae wrote: »
    If they force us to use ARC I will very likely quit playing STO.

Install without ARC -
    http://download.perfectworld.com/sto/star_trek_setup.exe
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why does ARC spill doom for all of STO? It's not like we're being forced to migrate to it yet.

Fixed that for you.

Rest assured, eventually playing will mean accepting the "one Arc to rule them all, one Arc to bind them." In the face of all new/re-installs already requiring it, how could any rational person believe otherwise?
    milestfox wrote: »
    Can we please keep this maintenance topic solely about this maintenance for a change?

No! Now go away, or I will taunt you a second time! :P
    john98837 wrote: »
    Maintenance on other days like today is rare, usually reserved for when they break something.

...which they usually do (break something), making these off-day maintenances pretty much the norm since LoR. :cool:
  • Options
    corjetcorjet Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Like Donatra's phantom Thaleron blast. You know the way one fires the moment she decloaks, which insta-kills all of us without even so much as a second worth of time to escape? And then the normal blast charges up as usual.
    I haven't experienced that.
    Or how about when you beam up to your ship, and all of your bridge crew are no longer in their stations. You have to spend the first few minutes of that STF just sitting there putting your officers back where they should have been to begin with.
    I've come to the practice of checking it before going into anything after beaming up. All I do is to click on the first BOff - without actually selecting one and magically they all get back into their proper place.
    Or how about my Klingon Honour Guard outfit no longer showing when I select it in the "Change Outfit" menu? And I have twice before gone to a tailor and remade the entire outfit. But yet it still does no show up when I click it.
    I know from many posts that there seems to be a bunch of problems with outfits and such, but I also admit that I'm not too much into outfits. But if I where - I wouldn't be messing with them since I know there are problems and probably would monitor this thread and others for fixes, and such.
    When will those get fixed?

Since the server is down - and you took the time to post here, you could take a little bit more time to check on the issues you're having. IE: Scanning the forums for 'temp' fixes such as the one I noted with the BOff's.
    I'm sure there's a "Fix Priority Cache" - it all depends on what 'level'/'number' any given problem is at as to when it will be fixed.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    *groans* so much for the maintenance ending at 8:00 PDT! It has been extended to half an hour after I start work (9:30 PDT)! :(
  • Options
    losmartineslosmartines Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One hour or less good Joke like everytime
  • Options
    jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sampa4 wrote: »
    *groans* so much for the maintenance ending at 8:00 PDT! It has been extended to half an hour after I start work (9:30 PDT)! :(

Give them 5 more minutes. They didn't take the server down till 5 minutes after.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    We're completing our final checks right now and should have you back in-game very shortly.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Heh, I knew it :cool:

Edit

Ninja'd by Bran....How embarrassing...
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    We're completing our final checks right now and should have you back in-game very shortly.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks Brandon
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    NOTE: The ability to earn free Pearls from the "Flying High" daily ended on Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 at 10AM PDT

Would just like to point out the fly high mission for the pearls stopped being accessible on the 3rd not the 7th. As stated in the post about summer event ending.

I tested Arc. I won't be using it. I ran it through process monitor and spent half a day looking at everything it did. If PMB is in it, it's very well hidden. But, that being said, all it did for me was launch the launcher without me having to type my password. I still had to click play to load the game. Also, as far as I could tell, none of the ingame stuff worked in STO. All it seemed to be to me was a 3rd party launcher launcher.

Besides, if I have a friend in Neverwinter while I am in STO, thanks to our @handle, I can see them and whisper to them. So why would you even bother with a launcher launcher that gives an ingame version of what there already is an ingame version of? For the most part, I would call it RedundancyWare as it doesn't seem to actually do anything at all, good or bad.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

If this is the case, then why does the message say "extended to 08:30 am PST"?
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited August 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ok, thanks for letting us know! btw, what is the eta for the fix on the new carrier UI commands, namely the Recall command?
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Heh, I knew it :cool:

Edit

Ninja'd by Bran....How embarrassing...

/Em Facepalm_Triple
  • Options
    tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pro tip for cryptic : add 30 mins / 1 hour to all your maintenace plans straight up, cause 3/4 the time you end up having to extend them anyway:P
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    Sorry for the delay; we're still completing our final checks. I'll post as soon as we're complete. I appreciate your patience :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If this is the case, then why does the message say "extended to 08:30 am PST"?

I didn't even see that part myself. Hmmm... Thanks.

Hope that its not much longer, Brandon. Hoping to start a DOFF mission or two before it resets.
  • Options
    azrealdragonkingazrealdragonking Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sorry for the delay; we're still completing our final checks. I'll post as soon as we're complete. I appreciate your patience :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ok Brandon thanks for keeping us posted

and to all trolls

"If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all"
    OdanLexACCESSDENIED.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Do we have any other Choice than waiting???
  • Options
    azrealdragonkingazrealdragonking Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Do we have any other Choice than waiting???

Yes, go outside and look at the sky or grass or trees.

They are them pixl things you see in games a lot.
    OdanLexACCESSDENIED.png
  • Options
    karnaghekarnaghe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    according to your own clock in the launcher, maintainance should have ended about 2 hours ago for europe. timezones are hard.

anyway, what i wanted to say.. why does maintainance always happen in the european afternoon? its friday, its weekend. i`d like to play a game. sadly i cant because the (on average) 2 maintainance sessions per week are always at times when i can actually play.

come on guys.. you used to get this right. what happened?
  • Options
    arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    and to all trolls

"If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all"

That's like telling water not to be wet. :D;) :P
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, go outside and look at the sky or grass or trees.

They are them pixl things you see in games a lot.

I went outside once. The graphics and audio were amazing but the gameplay and storyline sucked.;)
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    reapers2109#2030 reapers2109 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    outside has TRIBBLE graphics
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    karnaghe wrote: »
    according to your own clock in the launcher, maintainance should have ended about 2 hours ago for europe. timezones are hard.

anyway, what i wanted to say.. why does maintainance always happen in the european afternoon? its friday, its weekend. i`d like to play a game. sadly i cant because the (on average) 2 maintainance sessions per week are always at times when i can actually play.

come on guys.. you used to get this right. what happened?

Chinese Overlords.
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes but its raining very Heavy here in Germany so going out is no choice
  • Options
    taitie12taitie12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Out of interest could any of you critics do a better job
This discussion has been closed.