test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Server Maintenance (August 9, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be performing a quick account server maintenance for all Cryptic games tomorrow at 7am PDT (click here to view in your timezone). ETA of getting you back in-game after we start is 1 hour or less.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ARC incoming?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    ARC incoming?

No, it's what is listed in the post. Account sever maintenance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, when may we expect the Recall command on the new Carrier UI to be fixed? No rush, just a bit curious!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    No, it's what is listed in the post. Account sever maintenance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

OK...

Thank You for the quick response.

Now how about answering a few more of the more pertinent questions we have about it, that AREN'T in the F&Q's??

(and it's not like 'other things' Haven't Been snuck in, with Server Maintenance in the past)

<shrug>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited August 2013
    sampa4 wrote: »
    So, when may we expect the Recall command on the new Carrier UI to be fixed? No rush, just a bit curious!

Hi Felix :)

Fleet Admiral - Jr here :P
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So basically maintenance of the maintenance....I see everything is proceeding according to plan..sorta.
    Obviously the solution will be to apply more duct tape!:P<.<>.>
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    temerarioustemerarious Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So basically maintenance of the maintenance....I see everything is proceeding according to plan..sorta.
    Obviously the solution will be to apply more duct tape!:P<.<>.>

You know the old saying, "If you can't duct it, f*** it."

All of us should understand that things go wrong, it happens. You all have been doing a good job, branflakes.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OK...

Thank You for the quick response.

Now how about answering a few more of the more pertinent questions we have about it, that AREN'T in the F&Q's??

(and it's not like 'other things' Haven't Been snuck in, with Server Maintenance in the past)

<shrug>

account server and server maintenance are 2 totally different things maybe you should read the whole thing before speculating.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ARC incoming?

^^ 100% this.

If not Arc itself, then in preparation of it. Sigh.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    gantoris007gantoris007 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    wow. you guys are unbelievably rude. get a life.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Like Donatra's phantom Thaleron blast. You know the way one fires the moment she decloaks, which insta-kills all of us without even so much as a second worth of time to escape? And then the normal blast charges up as usual.

Or how about when you beam up to your ship, and all of your bridge crew are no longer in their stations. You have to spend the first few minutes of that STF just sitting there putting your officers back where they should have been to begin with.

Or how about my Klingon Honour Guard outfit no longer showing when I select it in the "Change Outfit" menu? And I have twice before gone to a tailor and remade the entire outfit. But yet it still does no show up when I click it.

When will those get fixed?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Broken as intended...
  • Options
    thesaxladthesaxlad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm guessing this maintenance has nothing to do with STO specifically, but probably something across all games.

As posters above, wouldn't be suprised if it was setting up for ARC. (Which personally I am dreading using, considering the last time I used a 3rd party launcher it screwed up my game and my keybinds...)
    In game addy @thesaxlad invites for STF's and PUG PvP's welcome :)
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wonder if this is gonna fix my 'Survivor of Romulus' forum title. I bought the LoR starter pack in the c-store but the title is no where to be found on the forums. Pwebranflakes did say a problem was found and they would fix it as soon as possible. He also told me a few days ago it should be about a week or so.

Well here's hoping. If not, then oh well. I'm patient. Thanks for whatever it is you guys are fixing though. :)
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since I have deleted Neverwinter from Arc and stopped starting STO with Arc, the game runs smoother..
  • Options
    azrealdragonkingazrealdragonking Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm using Arc and I'm not having any problems with it?
    OdanLexACCESSDENIED.png
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Why does ARC spill doom for all of STO? It's not like we're being forced to migrate to it. I still have my Steam version and I'm not turning back.
  • Options
    wolfieebryanwolfieebryan Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What I want to see is the Carrier UI on ships that can Separate
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Our account server maintenance has begun. We expect it to last for 1 hour or less and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The silver lining in all of the constant mess is that Cryptic at least keeps trying to improve things but I guess fixing bugs is not profitable for PWE. And no mr. BranFlakes I am not 'excited' at all to see yet another reputation system... but I guess since you are the PR guy you have to show enthusiasm for it. Because it is your job, we can not hold that against you. ;)

I hope they won't force ARC down our throats though. STO is the only online game I play anyway. What about the built in Pando-Booster that will eat my bandwidth?!? I live in a country where bandwidth is still limited per month.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    lonestar1017lonestar1017 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    NOTE: The ability to earn free Pearls from the "Flying High" daily ended on Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 at 10AM PDT

Would just like to point out the fly high mission for the pearls stopped being accessible on the 3rd not the 7th. As stated in the post about summer event ending.
  • Options
    hawk1ehawk1e Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    NOTE: The ability to earn free Pearls from the "Flying High" daily ended on Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 at 10AM PDT

Would just like to point out the fly high mission for the pearls stopped being accessible on the 3rd not the 7th. As stated in the post about summer event ending.

Funny....you missed the fact that they reopened that mission, and it DID in fact end Wednesday.
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Whoever made that decision to prolong the corvette project but without free pearls is just shamelessly trying to empty consumer's pockets because it takes a crapload of money $$$ -> zen -> keys -> lobi to get that ship without free pearls. There is a crisis going on and people are not cash-cows!
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    coldbloodedtkcoldbloodedtk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is my second day playing this game and the second day I got kicked off for maintenance. I really hope thi isnt a reoccuring theme
  • Options
    revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When will this happen?

"Priority One: You hinted a little bit that there might be some help for small fleets and Azurianstar submitted a question. Can you give us any details on how that's going to be a little different for small fleets on starbase projects?
    DStahl: Yeah, we're crunching the numbers right now to figure out how much we can reduce costs on projects across the board. So, that's really what we're going to try to do. We're just going to flat out make it easier. <laughs> And so we...
    Priority One: I'm sorry, can you make that answer a little more complicated for me? That wasn't complicated enough. We're going to need some more hedging. You're just going to drop prices?
    DStahl: We're just going to drop prices. At least that's what I want to do. I've asked the systems team to do it and really I'm just waiting for their proposal to come back and say okay here's what we're going to do. Once we have the final details we're going to put that out there but really what we're trying to do is we're trying to look at all the work that people have done for small fleets and just say, y'know what, we're just going to make it easier."
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    revlot wrote: »
    DStahl: We're just going to drop prices. ... we're trying to look at all the work that people have done for small fleets and just say, y'know what, we're just going to make it easier."
    Cue for all people who've been grinding it out to whinge about how "Why are they getting a break, I had to slog uphill both ways in the snow hauling 22 metric tons of epohh **** to get my starbase to level 2!" :D
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    laminouklaminouk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is my second day playing this game and the second day I got kicked off for maintenance. I really hope thi isnt a reoccuring theme

I've been here for a month and within the last week i've been getting kicked several times daily.
  • Options
    revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

A thread that the BranBot started is the only place I might get an answer to the question, so I gotta ask here.
  • Options
    milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can we please keep this maintenance topic solely about this maintenance for a change?

All this conversation about unrelated things is both pointless and self-denigrating.

I am fully aware that my request is also pointless, as nobody here uses logic in their decisions.
This discussion has been closed.