*sighhhhhhhhh*
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    boo on over the time reported by brandon on this maitinance
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They're finalizing their finalized finalizations. There's a procedure for these things, people!
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    laminouklaminouk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    They're finalizing their finalized finalizations. There's a procedure for these things, people!

Like Mining Dilithium to get a mine, to mine the mine for dilithium... i think i understand.
  • Options
    reapers2109#2030 reapers2109 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    why is it that the ones they say are going to take an hour always run late yet the ones that they say is going to be a couple of hrs finish 30 mins early
  • Options
    arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    karnaghe wrote: »

anyway, what i wanted to say.. why does maintainance always happen in the european afternoon? its friday, its weekend. i`d like to play a game. sadly i cant because the (on average) 2 maintainance sessions per week are always at times when i can actually play.

come on guys.. you used to get this right. what happened?

The company is in the USA on the west coast that's when they work 7am PDT they cant please everyone ALL the time & you will get to play soon just calm down & have some Earl Gray.:cool:
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • Options
    sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    according to your own clock in the launcher, maintainance should have ended about 2 hours ago for europe. timezones are hard.

anyway, what i wanted to say.. why does maintainance always happen in the european afternoon? its friday, its weekend. i`d like to play a game. sadly i cant because the (on average) 2 maintainance sessions per week are always at times when i can actually play.

come on guys.. you used to get this right. what happened?

karneghe, I live in the PDT timezone. Here is a tip on time zones:

First: When looking at PDT (or, as it's more commonly called, PST (Pacific Standard Time)), think the western United States of America.

Second: Moving East from PDT, into a different time zone, push the stated time FORWARD 1 hour as you cross each time zone border! That SHOULD get you to the correct time for you! Hope this helps ;)
  • Options
    jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sorry for the delay; we're still completing our final checks. I'll post as soon as we're complete. I appreciate your patience :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

oh Brandon you didn't tell them how long it would really take, did you

Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want

Oh, laddie, you have a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker

the trick is always multiplying by 4 :D
  • Options
    karnaghekarnaghe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *insert picture of xzibit*

so, whats the word? i saw you deleted the other timezones from the launcher message. did you put the responsible guy in the cone of shame? :P
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited August 2013

and next they will check the checked checks of the final checks that will be double checked :D
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    laminouk wrote: »
    Like Mining Dilithium to get a mine, to mine the mine for dilithium... i think i understand.

You do? Then clue me in because I think I just blew a few synapses just twirling that around.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    *insert picture of xzibit*

so, whats the word? i saw you deleted the other timezones from the launcher message. did you put the responsible guy in the cone of shame? :P

in Murikah, we call it a dunce cap.
    *the more you know...*
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What's xzibit?

(says the person advocating for this topic to be focused on the maintenance only)
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,402 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    reapers117 wrote: »
    why is it that the ones they say are going to take an hour always run late yet the ones that they say is going to be a couple of hrs finish 30 mins early

Scotty takes care of the long ones, while Geordi takes care of the short ones.
    The problem is Geordi tends to get kidnapped, and Cryptic always realizes this too late.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    karnaghekarnaghe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    @sampa4

the timezones used to be accurately displayed on the launcher. i know what timezone i`m in, but apparantly cryptic forgot to compensate for daylight savings. the launcher said maint would end on 1500 GMT (timezones can have different names, yes) which means 1600 for me. its now 17:17. do the math.
  • Options
    laminouklaminouk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You do? Then clue me in because I think I just blew a few synapses just twirling that around.

i refer to the latest dev blog http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=819391
  • Options
    revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sonoframon wrote: »
    *the more you know...*

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/117539-the-more-you-know-the-more-you-know-you-don-t

"The more you know, the more you know you don't know and the more you know that you don't know."
  • Options
    sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    revlot wrote: »
    http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/117539-the-more-you-know-the-more-you-know-you-don-t

"The more you know, the more you know you don't know and the more you know that you don't know."
    I think what you mean is...
    As we know,
    There are known knowns,
    There are things we know we know.
    We also know
    There are known unknowns.
    That is to say
    We know there are some things
    We do not know.
    But there are also unknown unknowns,
    The ones we don?t know we don?t know.

- Donald Rumsfeld, Feb 2, 2002, Dept. of Defense news briefing
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • Options
    milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GMT does not have a daylight savings time mechanism.
    It is syncronous with UTC.

BST is a different time zone, the one London/etc is currently in, instead of GMT.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/eu/bst.html
  • Options
    globus4globus4 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,431 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    I went outside once. The graphics and audio were amazing but the gameplay and storyline sucked.;)

Not to mention hands-on experience is often frowned upon.:eek:
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    marx0nmarx0n Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I know there seems to be a lot of bugs, but in the end it still gives us all our star trek fix. That's why I will always support and play this game.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2013
    Account server maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.