test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet stores stingyness

the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Fleet System and Holdings
has anyone else had this problem?

Recently I discovered after making a Rom alt in LoR that the fleet I had been with for two years arbitrarily made a rule that required each individual alt to have at given at least 100k in fleet currency to projects.

This means that each alt would have had to have been played an equal amount of time as the main in a mostly casual game.

This also means that players who have 3 alts each that have given 50k to the fleet projects on each alt totaling 150k would remain the lowest level rank despite the work done and thus not have access to the stores even tho in total they gave enough to all be advanced to the next rank and have access.

Now keep in mind this fleet has had serious problems getting more members and before discovering this it was a mystery but now I'm beginning to see why this fleet has remained so small.

What do you guys say? Since the player is the one doing all of the grinding because these toons are obviously not autonomous shouldn't the total contribution be the amount that determines the ranks especially when contributions are spread out and measured separately between the three holdings (Starbase, Mine, Embassy) and thus determines access to the fleet stores?

And if you have one which fleets do this I'd love to know if you are in one that actually counts fairly the amounts donated in order to have access to fleet stores across accounts not per toon?

Edit: I discovered before leaving that over the lifetime of my membership it was actually closer to 610k across all my toons. Also take into consideration a hiatus for a time when I almost lost my life last year due to illness that attacked my pulmonary system and made it exhausting to try to play, so my time was very short for the second year, when I'd login it was not for very long due to fatigue.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You've been with this SMALL fleet for 2 years and now your having problems?

"Our" feelings are irrelevant.
    "We" don't set fleet rules.

There are lots of fleets out there; big, small, demanding, relaxed, all you have to do is look.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=361

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • Options
    originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Recently I discovered after making a Rom alt in LoR that the fleet I had been with for two years arbitrarily made a rule that required each individual alt to have at given at least 100k in fleet currency to projects.

This means that each alt would have had to have been played an equal amount of time as the main in a mostly casual game.

This also means that players who have 3 alts each that have given 50k to the fleet projects on each alt totaling 150k would remain the lowest level rank despite the work done and thus not have access to the stores even tho in total they gave enough to all be advanced to the next rank and have access.

Now keep in mind this fleet has had serious problems getting more members and before discovering this it was a mystery but now I'm beginning to see why this fleet has remained so small.

What do you guys say? Since the player is the one doing all of the grinding because these toons are obviously not autonomous shouldn't the total contribution be the amount that determines the ranks especially when contributions are spread out and measured separately between the three holdings (Starbase, Mine, Embassy) and thus determines access to the fleet stores?

And if you have one which fleets do this I'd love to know if you are in one that actually counts fairly the amounts donated in order to have access to fleet stores across accounts not per toon?

It is true that this is totally up to your fleet leaders and has nothing to do with the community.

The reason that "across accounts" wouldn't work is because all your toons can be in different fleets. Same reason why fleet size is limited by characters and not accounts. Neither of these things will likely change any time soon.

Honestly, if 100k is such a hurdle for you, then you are probably not helping your fleet enough to deserve the fleet gear. 100k is what, like 12 days worth of dilithium. Throw in some fleet credits, white doffs and energy credit stuff and you'll hit 100k in no time.

You can always talk to your fleet leaders to see if you can get an exception for a new toon if you have donated a lot on your other toons.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Yes, there is such a fleet. Fleet name is XTERN1TY and they provide free lifetime provisions and fleet resources to any player who helps fill their projects and provisions, even if they don't stay in the fleet. You can search them in the fleet search or drop by their player help channel XTERN1TY for more info.
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Since you need to earn Fleet Credits on each alt before they can be spent in Fleet Stores, I could understand a lower limit than 100,000 (say 10,000) before allowing store access.

My fleet does this so a new recruit does not gain access to the stores with FC earned from a previous fleet without contributing enough to earn promotion to Member (or whatever your fleet calls the second tier rank). I figure if they are willing to at least put something in, they can take something out.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Typically, in less than an hour I can earn a mil EC in exchange for 8000 Dil. On loot drops alone I can earn hundreds of thousands of EC a day. Small change like that is easy.

It seems logical that you should pre-provision the fleet store that you want to buy from, rather than relying on free provisions that somebody else worked hard to provide, so that process should earn you the needed contributions to the fleet to be able to buy from the fleet store.

Your fleet will help you - if you help your fleet.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Your fleet is run by fascists. Period. They probably have hundreds if not thousands of unused provisions as a byproduct of XP-gaining, and yet refuse to allow anyone to use any of it.

Ours works much more simply: There is no provision usage restriction to any actual member unless a specific type of provision is in short supply. We don't care where you get your FC from, nor how much you "contribute". In fact, if you need FC to be able to get something, measures will be taken so that you can GET that FC, generally by shovelling in the construction supplies we already have stockpiled in advance.

But fact of the matter is, I've seen an awful lot of fleets which are basically run by fascists: NO STUFF FOR YOU! It is not as if they are rationing due to supply shortages. They have hundreds, even thousands of provisions, far more than their members could reasonably use. They are just fascists.
    Gee, ya think? Badly run fascist fleet has no members. Surprise. And probably no work getting done, if they're quibbling over 100K FC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Honestly, I'd love to have people buying stuff from my fleet's SB, just because it would mean people would be donating because I would've been actually getting some successful recruitment.

OP, if you need a fleet, I'd be quite glad to have you in mine. Buying stuff, past a few days of being bottom rank (fleet policy), wouldn't be an issue. We DO have tons of provisions (except on the mine, for understandable reasons), so anything you want isn't a problem.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Just FYI to all those who keep saying I haven't helped the fleet out, I have contributed almost 350k across all my toons.

As far as fleets that actually help their players I'll definitely check those out because this stingyness is the reason why my fleet hasn't grown. If you're not helping your players advance than you're not helping your players earn.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    rob2485 wrote: »
    Personally I think there should be limits set by the leaders. Those that work their tail off to be top contributors should obviously have first pick. It is only fair. My fleet did this in the early stages of developing the starbase which included locking out everyone from provisions until we had enough to provide fleet gear to players.

Several players have left after leeching gear from the fleet. This is just what happens and it is up to fleets to make sure that permission is set appropriately to prevent this.

We've been stuck on Tier IV for over a year now. It's not something that works well when you cut off your players. Often especially in the beginning, There was no room for many of us to post our marks to because all of the early projects would be filled daily before anyone could login, so there's that problem as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    originpi wrote: »
    It is true that this is totally up to your fleet leaders and has nothing to do with the community.

The reason that "across accounts" wouldn't work is because all your toons can be in different fleets. Same reason why fleet size is limited by characters and not accounts. Neither of these things will likely change any time soon.

Honestly, if 100k is such a hurdle for you, then you are probably not helping your fleet enough to deserve the fleet gear. 100k is what, like 12 days worth of dilithium. Throw in some fleet credits, white doffs and energy credit stuff and you'll hit 100k in no time.

You can always talk to your fleet leaders to see if you can get an exception for a new toon if you have donated a lot on your other toons.

Actually, first, that Bind on Account thing would work, the fleet gear would just have the stipulation that you have to be in a fleet to use it, it's been done by another game before and it worked fine without problems.

Second I donated approx 350k across all toons on this account but they aren't looking at that they are looking at the total only in the fleet starbase leaderboard they aren't even adding together the total from the starbase + embassy + dilithium mine.

The problem isn't that they they expect too much they expect the donations to be done on a per character basis and they aren't even adding together what a single character has done through all three projects.
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just don't get it. If your fleet leaders have rules you don't like why do you continue to be a member of that fleet? Why do you continue to give your resources to them?
  • Options
    nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    While this isn't the only case I have seen on limiting members by contributions, 100k is a bit steep. Yes there does need to be a limit so random people don't just get fleet invites to get their goodies then bail. My fleet limits with a one month probationary period, after which you can have as many items and ships as there are provisions. Having a tier 5 Starbase certainly can draw the wrong crowd who just want to take advantage of your fleet, but the ones who can stay the month generally are the ones in it for the long haul.

If your fleet rules are a problem, then there are 2 things you can do:
    1. Tell your fleet leaders, they may listen and you can offer an alternative
    2. Find a fleet with rules more suited to you.

-Edit- You don't have to add up the different leader boards to get the contribution amount for a toon (not account unfortunately). Where the member comments are on the fleet roster, there is an option to change that to display total contribution for the toons. Not sure if this is limited by ranks or not but I would imagine your leadership has access.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In our fleet we require 100K in contributions for the PLAYER, any alts are also promoted to the same level.
    That's considerably less fascist, provided your base is actually under construction and players can actually contribute anything without having to claw and fight their way past each other to do it. There are lots of people who have finished bases and will actually INCREASE the requirements, even though it is impossible to contribute anything of use because the base is done!
    This small amount of contributions is merely a safeguard to prevent robbers entering the fleet and buying up all the provisions that others worked for.
    Realistically? This doesn't happen. This is why Fleet Equipment requires that you pay even MORE minerals and FC to get To "buy up all the provisions", likely hundreds if not thousands, would cost a king's ransom, and to what end? Why exactly are you recruiting someone whose goal appears to be to grief the fleet, anyway?
    Limiting it to a single alt seems to fall into the Cryptic style rep grind mentality and I personally think that's a little unfair, however I can see that if someone gets to 100K and then decides to outfit his 10 toons with fleet gear using FC he got from a previous fleet then this would be a rather large drain on provisions, provisions he has not helped to earn for his new fleet.
    If you have a guy who has managed to bring 10 toons into your fleet AND has gained a whackton of FC on ALL of them to equip his ships with, I don't think you have to worry all that much about this guy, he's going to be a fleet asset regardless of what he does. Has this ever actually even HAPPENED? And more importantly, do you care? How many provisions do you have, anyway? I could see how being fascist with your provisions might be justifed if you are, in fact, short in supply of them, and thus have to tightly ration them, but this is not really how the fleet advancement system works: Unless you've been extremely tight-fisted and trying to keep mineral expenses to a bare minimum, you've probably run provisioning projects just for the XP. You're probably going to continue to do so, even though you have no need for more provisions. You probably have more provisions, especially of certain types (and you know what I mean), than is humanly possible to even use.
    nagrom7 wrote: »
    My fleet limits with a one month probationary period, after which you can have as many items and ships as there are provisions.
    This is entirely reasonable and fair.
    nagrom7 wrote: »
    -Edit- You don't have to add up the different leader boards to get the contribution amount for a toon (not account unfortunately). Where the member comments are on the fleet roster, there is an option to change that to display total contribution for the toons. Not sure if this is limited by ranks or not but I would imagine your leadership has access.
    All this may be true, but remember: The OP's fleet appears to be run by goose-stepping fascist clowns. You and I may know this, but do THEY know this?

Personally, I suggest that he ditch those fascists.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    bareel wrote: »
    I just don't get it. If your fleet leaders have rules you don't like why do you continue to be a member of that fleet? Why do you continue to give your resources to them?

Didn't have an Alt in the fleet until the Rom expansion never ran into a problem until I had an alt of course because my main was the only real toon I wanted to play.

Until they made changes to the eptX skills and added doffs to the system to improve those skills and the use of batteries.

Then with the advantages of Romulans I thought "Why not make a Rom engi I've never played a Rom and I loved my engi in the past because I could make lotsa ground weapons"

Well imagine my surprise when since I hadn't been grinding out 100k on 1 toon but did it on another the Rom was left out of getting ahead in progress.

It's not the amount, it's not that a limit is placed, it's that it's PER toon. If the next season comes up with another race/faction combo what does that mean for those new toons created in the same fleet under this system. See what I'm saying? It's similar to the problems we face per toon with the reputation system in this game.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    My suggestion is to therefore take your alt elsewhere and find a less fascist and alt-friendly fleet! Frankly, active people with many alts, are the primary contributors to a fleet, and a sensible fleet should encourage these people to bring their many alts in. My own fleet has become a fleet of altoholics, making rather nice progress now considering how few actual people are alive in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jdskjflkjdfklsjfjdskjflkjdfklsjf Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You need several hundred thousand FCs to equip one ship and character with weapons, warp cores, doff slots, and all the other goodies.

If you dont contribute at least that much to a fleet how do you expect to get anything.

Of 11 characters i have, 2 are mains and the rest farmers. Iv contributed over 15 million to our fleet and only used close to 1,000,000 FCs to equip the mains.The rest went back to the fleet as doffs to the grinders.

So i cant understand wtf your complaining about a measly 100k FC's

Changing fleets is as easy as Click fleet page ->Roster-> Leave Fleet->Join another till you find one with better rules and people By the time you do youll have the FC's you need to buy something.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You need several hundred thousand FCs to equip one ship and character with weapons, warp cores, doff slots, and all the other goodies.

If you dont contribute at least that much to a fleet how do you expect to get anything.

Of 11 characters i have, 2 are mains and the rest farmers. Iv contributed over 15 million to our fleet and only used close to 1,000,000 FCs to equip the mains.The rest went back to the fleet as doffs to the grinders.

So i cant understand wtf your complaining about a measly 100k FC's

I've donated on one toon enough for all three toons to be high enough to buy from the store under this system. That's what the problem is.
  • Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The fleet I am in I also co. lead with two other fleet leaders. Our fleet is mid size we have over 230 active captains. Our rule is when a new player joins the fleet he/she is placed on a 30 day trial period. After that 30 days is up they are promoted to enlisted member and can buy from the fleet store regardless of how much they have contributed. Now to be promoted higher then enlisted member is when we check to see your over all contribution.

When lor came live we had a major increase in alt toons. We never once told any member that he/she had to contribute any mount before they could buy gear for their alt toons. We simply ran provision missions in order to ensure everyone was able to buy gear and we monitor those provisions every day when we run low we que up the mission to restock.

Our simple system works we have never had a problem with our members not wanting to contribute. our embassy is complete our new mine is upgrading to tier 2 and our starbase is almost tier 5 this is across the board we took no short cuts and we are all very proud of what we have done.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited August 2013
    starbases are not built without huge costs, millions of dilithium 10s 0f thousands of duty officers and fleet marks and many other resources

Then it takes even more to stock the ships weapons ect

And you think your alt can just role in with chicken scratch donations andl set up yourself up with a fleet ship from the base with all the Fleet equipment ?

Fleet ship
    space set, shield engine deflector
    7 weapons
    warp core

For 100k in donations ?

please, why should the membership of that fleet give you a free ride like that ?
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    jdskjflkjdfklsjfjdskjflkjdfklsjf Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've donated on one toon enough for all three toons to be high enough to buy from the store under this system. That's what the problem is.

This may be so, but if all your characters have not contributed enough to BUY THINGS what good does it do them. Each characters FCs are bound so each should donate a set amount to purchase things.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Federation Reborn doesn't have a written policy or anything, but at the moment we grant access to fleet stores to all of the alts of anyone who ever once donated more than a "pittance" toward the fleet projects. I personally consider anything under 10K to be a "pittance", but once they get over that mark they're in.

We're a small fleet, so we can do that. We've even got provisions sitting there unused (probably because we're not over T2 in anything). I don't see any reason why a small fleet needs to regulate it a lot unless a problem develops. Share and share alike and don't worry about equity unless someone is seriously abusing it.

For a larger fleet, I can see where there might be logistical issues that need to be managed and it really depends on the fleet's strategy for holdings and how many people want provisions at which tier.

Seems to me you can blow 100K per character in fleet credits real quick if you put your mind to it, and that it's less expensive (in terms of FC's) to buy provisions than it is to complete the projects for provisions. Where my perception meets the reality, I'm not sure, but that's the way I look at it.

Which is why I'm not going to shake a finger very hard at fleets that decide on more drastic limitations than I do.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    100k FM is really nothing, one can get that in less then 10 hours. I read here that some fleets have a set time to determine when provisions can be taken, 30 days seems to be the norm, we do not have the time requirement, just a show of effort.

We were Tier 2 Starbase in November 2012, we are now halfway to Tier 5, with an almost Tier 3 Embassy. I have not seen any new member join our fleet, read the requirements of 100k FM to reach the provision unlocking rank, then just up and leave. I have earned over 1Million FM since I joined. This fleet uses your total Contributions (as seen in the roster), and not a per building value as stated by the OP. Even if you get your 100k FM, that won't buy you much anyway.

The OP needs to calm down, relax, realize this is a game, and team up with us in fleet PvEs with your new alt. One can not expect something for nothing based on the merits of another. My favorite quote from all these posts is "Your fleet will help you - if you help your fleet."

This whole situation should of been kept internal, however, I wanted to clear some things up, factually so others reading this would not have a one sided disgruntled view.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bareel wrote: »

Agree with the above...you can always "leave" and shop for another fleet. Plenty of fleets there that have more humane rules...:D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My two-man fleet does not accept new members.
    :P
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't entirely understand how some of the larger fleets can put this restriction on. If they are anything like ours (Full and filling an alt fleet with inactive kicking) then a lot of members will struggle to contribute resources to the main starbase because there are so many trying to do the same. Besides doffs, most of our resources required will fill within 10 minutes of the project starting with only a couple of members on. We do offer alternative ways to earn fleet credits (like I said, we have an alt fleet plus allies) but those don't get added to the contributions to the main starbase/fleet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • Options
    vermatrixvermatrix Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I'm a little confused about the arguments you are making here, say I have 3 characters, I donate x amount of resources to fleet projects using each one, should that give me the right to make 5 or 6 more characters, dump them all in the fleet, then bleed the fleet dry of provisionings? I shouldn't think so, how is that fair to the rest of the fleet? If you were the only person in the fleet to donate to projects I could see where you might deserve them but if others have donated as well than they should have some too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    First let me just say how laughable people are getting about this. Bleeding the fleet dry? There is no limitation on the number of consoles, ground kits, fleet ships, weapons etc that one can buy with fleet marks and it certainly doesn't prevent others from buying their own from vendors.

Secondly Not sure how people can't do math.

Their requirement is 100k per character donated only by that character. The main I have has donated 510k (found out my earlier figure was wrong i gave more)

So that is the equivalent of 5 toons but since my main donated them there is an idiotic restriction on my only two other alts I have on their rank (which they could easily bump up just 1 rank so I could equip my other two toons starting with the Rom ground kits).

That's the issue here I'm saying that expecting donations per toon for the sake of each toon donating is like saying that my half a mil of donations on my main count for nothing.

And yes I could be searching for a new fleet but I'd like to think that loyalty counts for something too. Apparently it doesn't in some of these people's views on this thread and in the fleet, especially from those who think this practice is in any way right or called for.

What happens next will determine if I stay.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited August 2013
    My fleet has no rule about donation amounts. How to get permission to buy from provisioned stores is by time alone. takes 6 weeks to get the rank even if you donated nothing at all. Each alt requires 6 weeks in the fleet.

I do not see the huge issue of each alt being required to donate 100k, it doesnt take long to donate that much and 100k in FC does not last long when gearing up 1 ship. building the provisions for 100k worth of FC use requires far more donations. It is better than 6 weeks time considering you can donate 100k worth in 1 day.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek: