What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Undo the slaver changes!!!

Comments

• Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pointless selling contraband for EC as I'd rather just use it for the dilithium assignment
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    WTF? I've never gotten even 1 contraband an hour, nevermind ten. Why is everyone getting contraband from slavers but me?
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    WTF? I've never gotten even 1 contraband an hour, nevermind ten. Why is everyone getting contraband from slavers but me?

Don't worry about it. We aren't anymore :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I do not know how you guys are getting cb I still have not gotten any since the changes.:eek:
  • Options
    thetarqthetarq Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So either:
    1. Cryptic is lying about a purposeful nerf.:mad:
    2. They really believe what they are saying in regards to drop rates for slavers.:eek:

So which is it?
    -= ROM PAUL =-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    begeracbegerac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So now every seller of CB is happy? I dont think so becouse number of selling CB dropped drastic. Ok you got more profit per one, but your overall profit is way way lower becouse nobody is buying them in large quantity anymore.
  • Options
    iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    begerac wrote: »
    So now every seller of CB is happy? I dont think so becouse number of selling CB dropped drastic. Ok you got more profit per one, but your overall profit is way way lower becouse nobody is buying them in large quantity anymore.

:confused:

What you say makes no sense. If I put 10 contrabands/day on the market on average, now that many Klinks exit the market because they aren't willing to waste time in getting so little return, of course people are going to buy from me. My ability to produce contrabands has not been affected. Whether I sell them in single units or bundles, it really doesn't matter.
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    thetarq wrote: »
    So either:
    2. They really believe what they are saying in regards to drop rates for slavers.:eek:

So which is it?

by now it was done on purpose.. its just like the mail nerf.

first they do it.. then a few weeks later they will put it in a patch note that has nothing to do with it..

it has a really good purpose to nerf the quantity of contraband.. it makes people buy zen to trade for dilithium.

awhile back you only need 3 contraband to turn in for 2000 dil.. then they made it 5.. now they make it so you can really get 5 a day if you try really hard..

doing the doff mission gives you 2.. its 20 hour cd.
    doing about 5 or 6 space missions will now give you 3 or 4. so there is your 5.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    sulfrustriplesulfrustriple Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thetarq wrote: »
    So either:

So which is it?

Well, it's mainly 2. They seem to believe what they are saying because they are answering a different the question. The RATE of drops is "consistent" like they said. The problem is the QUANTITY of drops has been cut in 1/6th.

Devs define rate as "it has a chance to proc a drop every X"

Community defines rate as "I have a chance to loot my usual prepatch quantity every X"

The devs were very clear that they are trying to keep the chance of A drop the same, while simultaneously SLICING the amount dropped drastically (effectively 6 quantity in a drop to 1).

The community is upset the total amount looted has been crushed. The devs haven't addressed that as their intent, so I think the way they define 'rate' they believe what they are saying.
  • Options
    iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    begerac wrote: »
    Ok you got more profit per one, but your overall profit is way way lower becouse nobody is buying them in large quantity anymore.

Well, I just sold a large bundle for millions of ec yesterday. It was on the market for about a day, the avg. price per CB is 66K, higher than the best available price per unit. I expect that CB price will go up still as the Klinks finish dumping the very last reserve they have and leave the market. It seems as though Klinks don't know how to source CB without slavers, which is a good thing for us if they can't survive without slavers cheating for them. :D
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Relaunch timers never mattered, because Slavers attempt to steal every 15seconds.

cool so we now know how often they try to steal stuff :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    cool so we now know how often they try to steal stuff :D

yeah but i dont think that is very accurate..

you have 12 slavers out.. that means the chance to steal should be about once every second?

but its not.. its about once every 4 or 5 seconds.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    its a loss for those who purchase it to get dilithium.

And this is the only problem that persisted...
    Too much "free" Dilithium... less purchases in Zen... less Money for Perfect World... "Problems needs to be eradicated"... simple as that ;)
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    saekiith wrote: »
    And this is the only problem that persisted...
    Too much "free" Dilithium... less purchases in Zen... less Money for Perfect World... "Problems needs to be eradicated"... simple as that ;)

i understand this was done on purpose.. even tho the patch notes say it should be about the same as it was before..

but the only thing i am getting is provisions, medical supplies, probes and arrays..

my elite slavers arent even getting crystals, essences, berries and lockets at the same rate as before..

i guess it was either this, or increase the turn in to 10 CB with a 20 hr cd hah.
    who knows they might do that the next patch.
  • Options
    prestonpoolprestonpool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    and of course ther is nothing about it in the patch notes for tomorrow
  • Options
    starakusstarakus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Broke down bough a Ferasan and the carrier, even splurged for the advanced slavers from dil store. Slaver have stole NOTHING so far nada zip zero. I want to keep giving them the benefit of the doubt they will listen to customers and purchase anyway but it just seems like they don't care what the community has to say. So yea contraband would be great but mine don't loot anything.
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Many carrier pet fixes, but orion slavers were not in the list.. perhaps it doesn't effect enough players... except the MANY that have posted here and other threads

PLEASE FIX THE ORION SLAVERS. They very rarely steal anything
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    emt27 wrote: »
    Many carrier pet fixes, but orion slavers were not in the list.. perhaps it doesn't effect enough players... except the MANY that have posted here and other threads

PLEASE FIX THE ORION SLAVERS. They very rarely steal anything

by now you have to realize it was done intentionally.

they cut the amount of contraband you get from slavers to curb the creation of dilithium.

they also cut the amount of contraband you get from marauding doff missions.

they want you to buy zen to get dilithium so they are taking all of the easy ways to get it out.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yea at this rate I think I'll go back to fed or roll something with dps. My advanced slavers stared working, in a little over an hour I got two provisions on one mission and 1 water purification system, oh and 300 credits on another. Meanwhile dps oriented builds are pulling in million dollar purple mods to sell on the market. I really wanted to like the KDF as this marauding was a good role play and a good offset from the bottom of the loot pool. Can cap out a fed dilithium in about an hour, so for me its not about the dilithium, its about making the same wages while doing something different. Indstead of being dps I'm crowd control and crippling things while making my wages by pillaging and not by winning top slot. Now that those benefits of being an A #1 fighter jock are not outweighed by contraband collection, I'll have to stick with my fed and romulan toons till they do something about it.
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    by now you have to realize it was done intentionally.

they cut the amount of contraband you get from slavers to curb the creation of dilithium.

they also cut the amount of contraband you get from marauding doff missions.

they want you to buy zen to get dilithium so they are taking all of the easy ways to get it out.

I've always found these nerf changes to be extremely low brow of a development team. I will never understand why companies refuse to take the higher road in these matters. Let's face it, captains who have been using Slavers know very well how much it used to increase our dilithium holding.

Refining cap didn't even stop me, I would just have alts complete the mission. Originally when it was 3 contra, I would just slot two Slavers on my Kar'fi. It honestly paid for gear on many of my characters. It was to the point, every KDF alt I had flew the Kar'fi with only slaver pets.

Obviously on top of doffin, KDF contraband generating is nearly 4x times what feds can do. I've got 4 Fed 50s and 4 KDF 50s, I earn dil much faster KDF side.

IMO this stealth nerf was to even things out overall, which is why it eludes me as to why the devs haven't just come out with a post stating this.

Something like:

Captains in order to balance Dilithium earning to all factions, Orion Slavers contraband rate have been lowered. We understand this is not a favored change, but a necessary one for balance. With this change we've adjusted several values on the Orion Slaver pet. They will be receiving another beam array, and slight hull/shield increase. We've also improve their ability to steal for existing commodities (This change affects Elite pets stealing GQ commodities).

Similar to when we adjusted the Andorian weapons, we've also added a way for you to resell your existing Slavers to the Ferengi Collector. This ensures you can receive a full refund if you have purchased Advanced or Elite Slavers. Thank you for your continued support and feedback.

^This would of been really cool, except we're just lost in this void of "Hello Cryptic, are you there?"
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    I've always found these nerf changes to be extremely low brow of a development team. I will never understand why companies refuse to take the higher road in these matters. Let's face it, captains who have been using Slavers know very well how much it used to increase our dilithium holding.

Refining cap didn't even stop me, I would just have alts complete the mission. Originally when it was 3 contra, I would just slot two Slavers on my Kar'fi. It honestly paid for gear on many of my characters. It was to the point, every KDF alt I had flew the Kar'fi with only slaver pets.

Obviously on top of doffin, KDF contraband generating is nearly 4x times what feds can do. I've got 4 Fed 50s and 4 KDF 50s, I earn dil much faster KDF side.

IMO this stealth nerf was to even things out overall, which is why it eludes me as to why the devs haven't just come out with a post stating this.

Something like:

^This would of been really cool, except we're just lost in this void of "Hello Cryptic, are you there?"

I would have been ok with that option. But this subforum is ridiculously bereft of any Dev feedback.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The simple math for me is 6.00 (or dil) for Fersan cat playable char, 10.00 USD for a carrier, $2.50 for 2 extra bridge officers if you went that route ( I did not), 32,000 dilithium for advanced slaver pets, rollplay potential (priceless), actual return, 2 provisions, 1 water purification system, 300 credits.

I can blast stuff all day in my fed or Romulan and rake it in, its not fun, its boring. I have maxed my new Romulan chars on level and reputation so that is also now old hat. Something new to spend money on and get a different experience would have been great. Klingons are notoriously nerfed, stolen from, and broken, I should have known better but I figure if any changes are ever going to be made in the KDF side, then more people need to join it, put their money behind it, and advocate for it. However at this time it is still more profitable to be fed or romulan.
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    starakus wrote: »
    The simple math for me is 6.00 (or dil) for Fersan cat playable char, 10.00 USD for a carrier, $2.50 for 2 extra bridge officers if you went that route ( I did not), 32,000 dilithium for advanced slaver pets, rollplay potential (priceless), actual return, 2 provisions, 1 water purification system, 300 credits.

I can blast stuff all day in my fed or Romulan and rake it in, its not fun, its boring. I have maxed my new Romulan chars on level and reputation so that is also now old hat. Something new to spend money on and get a different experience would have been great. Klingons are notoriously nerfed, stolen from, and broken, I should have known better but I figure if any changes are ever going to be made in the KDF side, then more people need to join it, put their money behind it, and advocate for it. However at this time it is still more profitable to be fed or romulan.

It's an issue originally caused by how the game was designed. They put such little work into actually making this faction shine. When released you were forced to level a Federation toon to level 7. This is because the KDF didn't have a tutorial and they wanted people to "know" the basics before jumping into the game. This already gated the playerbase, altho, not by much. This level gating was made worse when it was raised to IIRC 21 to make a KDF. (I already had my 3 level 50 KDF, so I'm not entirely sure if the requirement was 21-25)

This gate was left for a very long time, people would level up their Fed toons. New players would hear about "how much it sucks to play KDF" "Devs hate kdf side" "Everything is broken kdf side". This molded the mindset of new players never wanting to invest anything into making a KDF toon. Why would a majority of people prefer the broken, less valued faction. I know many FED only players who would love to play a KDF toon.... if things worked.

It's a crazy domino effect and I didn't list all the reasons why there is a huge gap in support.

TL;DR:

They put no work; Got no results (Low playerbase)

Low playerbase, lower profits = less work done

I really honestly believe if they put in the effort, they'd be surprised how many people would play KDF.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That is why I had to delete half the post about carriers themselves being broken as in no free one etc. Its so easy to go on a ranting roll and get off topic about KDF in general. So far for me a drone ship is not worth it until you get a fleet variant with elite fleet pets and even then that is a long road of dilithium and money, of which you will never recoup your investment.

One thing is for sure they do not steal every few seconds as having 6 out at a time I have finally managed to get about 3 commodities and 300 EC in an hours time and gimping my dps for 1000 ec is just not worth it, much less the 32k dilithium your in the hole for.
  • Options
    kublakhan81kublakhan81 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please, Cryptic, do something. You don't have to restore the drops to their previous numbers, but maybe halfway?

I feel cheated for dropping 64k dilithium into these things and not being able to make a return on my investment.
  • Options
    lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Before this last patch I was getting between 10-25 Contraband an Hour from my slavers on Elite mode, now after 2 1/2 hours I have gotten nothing. Anyone else having this problem? I tried first on my mirror Vo'Quv and then switched to my regular Vo'quv.

IKR! I have never been much of a Klingon side fan, but the carrier I use for earning drops for Dilithium Doff assignments up has been brought to a crawl because of this technicality! This is just so wrong to mess up the programming of something I have already bought! How would you like it if your satellite tv company decided to take back some of the channels in your package? If my little pirate guys are raiding a ship I want more then a bums handout!!! :(
    Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Accidental double post while editing

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So this morning I log on, 23 doff missions done, click 1, 2 skip a few 23 clicks1, I end up with some crits, and out of all this, 11 contraband. Joyful cheers.

Now I go run some farming Foundry missions and eSTFs, with my adv slavers doing their thing, and get....0 contraband for 3 hours of play?!

So Borticus, what is it you were saying was not broken? Surely not adv and elite slavers, because if you are saying this example is "working as intended" we will ALL say you are quite incorrect.

Ummm, ok, NO! fix the slavers. Contraband farming is the primary driving economic force KDF side.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited August 2013
    Holy whine batman - all I hear from this whole thread is that "I only play/or KDF's only good for contraband farming"

Cry me a river - some of us actually play KDF because we like KDF! I know it's shocking!!
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    not whinning, just stating... they've gone tooo far.. orion raiders have changed to provision collectors instead of contraband..

And I can get provisions for 60 EC
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue