test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undo the slaver changes!!!

Comments

• begeracbegerac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Holy whine batman - all I hear from this whole thread is that "I only play/or KDF's only good for contraband farming"

Cry me a river - some of us actually play KDF because we like KDF! I know it's shocking!!

Romulanin that sided KDF is not real KDF. So go somewhere else
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited August 2013
    begerac wrote: »
    Romulanin that sided KDF is not real KDF. So go somewhere else

What you taking about wills? I have had KDF toons for 1 1/2 years - 2 KDF tac 2 KDF Eng 2 KDF sci

I only have 1 KDF/romulan
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lostmoony wrote: »
    500zen for 10x CB :rolleyes:

sorry but you are relly to stupid to get insane amount from them for free?

start 20 marauding Mission at one an you get daily 100x of this TRIBBLE i have get one one day ~200 only for put the start button in the doff Screen.

some of this missions have a runtime of 45 min-2 hours so you can make insane amounts of this useless TRIBBLE if you will.

i have in my bank at Moment over 1000 CB and no use for it!!!!

why stock pile it use it or sell it.....

when slavers where 1st out i used to get 20-30 per elite stf now i get nothing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    They are cutting back on CB for 2 reasons:

KDF players were making too much EC

There was to low a price on CB ($35k) meaning too many people were able to use it to turn into dilithium

This is all part of the plan to lower dilithium in game and lower EC - forcing players to buy more Zen.

It's all working as intended.

I had the oddy 3 pack $50 so that I got the 2x slipstream for the tour - and I bet a lot of others did so as well - should we all get refunds now that they nerfed that?

It is what it is - no-one is getting refunds and they are not going to change anything back - just be glad you got what you got for so long farming the KDF.
  • starakusstarakus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Perhaps they are just taking a bit to get around to it. Gecko had stated that they don't "normally" change things that people payed for without notifying the community. I doubt they are trying to make changes to contraband as doffing is untouched. I think they meant well but the changes have broken something else.

I get sufficient contraband from doffing and the contraband from using slavers would go to supplement my income as I am substituting utility for dps thus my money does not come from winning top mods but rather from contraband to sell to starfleet characters or to save for a rainy day when I can't play as much.

Instead of accusing here are some things that need attention with slavers:

-The drop rate is not frequent enough, many are spending hours with only a few drops (mostly 2x medical supplies). If each ship is suppose to cycle its steal every 15 seconds and you have 6 to twelve of these ships active at a time, this math does not add up. Perhaps their success rate needs to be looked into or maybe there is a hidden bug as with what happened to the aceton assimilator (math bug). This is the most major because no matter how the following suggestions are applied, if the don't loot right then nothing is really going to help.

-Reduction in loot pool size as you upgrade your slavers.
    After addressing the drop frequency, we need to look into loot pool size, just as is an issue with purple doff modules, it may not be the math that is the problem, but the sheer size of the loot pool. Advanced slavers and eventually elite slavers should not be able to loot common commodities and the like, this way when the RNG hits, even if they keep this reduction in amount "fix", you will get something of quality rather than of junk.

-common slavers from ship store- common commodities, common ship and personal items (personal armor, weapons, ship shields) of same level as the player etc. The sheer number of common items in the game are huge, and with this large loot pool eventually those newer players are going to want to upgrade to get better quality items and free up their inventory space. (Consequently if the loot drop per raid was NOT decreased for these pets, it would be incentive for the player to buy bank or inventory space as well as wanting to upgrade to the dilithium version for reduced pool size, drop LESS multiples per raid, and higher quality drops, turning the suggested *nerf or "fix" into a good thing). *Energy Credit loot: 250 EC

-dilithium store advanced slavers - All common commodities removed (one exception could be those common commodities that serve to feed reputation advancement IE: Large hypos, Large shield charge, Major Regenerator, Large Power Cell, which would be appropriate to the level of player advancement). However, it would be best to keep an upgrade scheme of uncommon items to lessen confusion. The pool should not be too rich but should be richer than it currently is. There are plenty of uncommon items considered "trash" that could be added or removed to tweak this pool size. The RNG has a habit of coughing up the same item more often than others on many mechanics of the game even from such a large pool. *Energy Credit loot: 500 EC

-I am unsure if there are currently any advanced fleet slavers, but these could be upgraded accordingly. If Common reputation items are implemented above that apply to reputation advancement, these items would be removed. *Energy Credit loot: 750 EC

-Elite slavers, as the text suggests, loot rare items. My changes would be no commodities of any sort other than maybe contraband, there may be a hand full of other desirable commodities, or can throw in a couple to standardize the pool. Rare items like they already loot, as well as a few VERY RARE items of trivial value IE: minor, major, and critical ship healing components, perhaps a very rare hypo.
    *Energy Credit loot: 1000 EC

The fact is many players could care less about the the changes that were made to the amount of items dropped at one time, but rather would like to see a more frequent drop rate and an item quality that are relevant to their level of play and the hanger upgrade they have purchased. No one wants commodities at advanced end game period. Common commodities and items are for new players. It does not matter if we receive 1 medical supply or a stack of 250, they are considered worthless and take up too much inventory space at this level of play. New players can supply the market with these items, and if their value is increased on the vendors or they are removed from vendors entirely, this would make a good market for new players. These suggested changes make slavers, and their quality, relevant to the current state of gameplay of the level of the player.
    edited August 2013
    On Monday I will begin my campaign to get Cryptic to remove Contraband from Marauding.

I do not like what I see and here that the KDF is just being used as a way to farm contraband.

The Feds only have 3 to 4 simple doff mission to get Contraband and the exact same should be made on the KDF side.

The KDF does not need this unfair EC/dilithium generating methods now that the KDF has been given what it asked for - to be a full faction.

My personal goal is to remove KDF farmers - vs true KDF players. Fed players who don't do this should support equality so that should help the campaign. Cryptic should support the significant decrease in contaband on the market and this short-cut way of getting dilithium.

I will also ask that changes be made so that the inspect frieghters and search crew for contraband only reards contraband and not romulan ale/hypos - etc.

It's time to remove KDF contraband farmers from the KDF!

At bare min they need to significantly reduce the amount of success in receiving CB on missions as half of starfleet instilations and frieghters having contraband on board is silly.
    edited August 2013
    On Monday I will begin my campaign to get Cryptic to remove Contraband from Marauding.

I do not like what I see and here that the KDF is just being used as a way to farm contraband.

The Feds only have 3 to 4 simple doff mission to get Contraband and the exact same should be made on the KDF side.

The KDF does not need this unfair EC/dilithium generating methods now that the KDF has been given what it asked for - to be a full faction.

My personal goal is to remove KDF farmers - vs true KDF players. Fed players who don't do this should support equality so that should help the campaign. Cryptic should support the significant decrease in contaband on the market and this short-cut way of getting dilithium.

I will also ask that changes be made so that the inspect frieghters and search crew for contraband only reards contraband and not romulan ale/hypos - etc.

At bare min they need to significantly reduce the amount of success in receiving CB on missions as half of starfleet instilations and frieghters having contraband on board is silly.

This is about a broken game mechanic and not about farming contraband. So you want the inspect freighters (which by the way is availble to KDF and not just federation) to award only contraband and not romulan ale and trash. It sounds more like remove contraband from KDF and give more to us so we don't have to rely on kdf for your jonsing needs. You do realize right that the KDF has an equal or even greator amount of doff missions that also REQUIRE contraband as an input commodity right? The federation have no doff missions that require it so your motive for your suggested changes are for pure profit. Its obvious you have never played KDF or never doffed and are here only to troll. If cryptic truly were trying to *nerf contraband it would be as simple as increasing the contraband requirement for the security officer yet again, or remove him entirely. Not this round about sneaky hidden way. Its just a fact its much simpler to change the security doff code than it is trying to give us an improvement to be nice disguised as some secret conspiracy, its about a broken hanger pets. They have a lot on their plate, just look how long it took them to get the Aquarius to the right size, I have seen posts and even youtube video's about it that are months and months old. We are trying to shed light on this broken mechanic because it is a mechanic we rely on the do our doff missions, a profit model if you DONT doff, and of a roleplay value choosing raiding over obliterating with birds of prey or a kar'fi frigate.
    edited August 2013
    starakus wrote: »
    Its obvious you have never played KDF or never doffed and are here only to troll. If cryptic truly were trying to *nerf contraband it would be as simple as increasing the contraband requirement for the security officer yet again, or remove him entirely. .

Umm no. I can run one of my KDF toons with 20 marauding missions - all purples - even though I would have to check 6 sector blocks usually to get 20 - but the return on that could be as high as 50-60 CB!! That would work out to $2.5 million EC plus or 20k dilithium. Now most of the missions would be 45min to 2 hr - with some 8hrs. Now there would be some CD but i could go to other sectors and still find some more in a day than just those 20.

people use this to farm for massive amounts of EC - that is all

Sorry - KDF should not be used as a CB farming faction.

i am running all 6 of my KDF toons right now doing nothing but marauding and taking detailed notes of the results which I will supply to Fed players on the general section on Monday/Tuesday. Hopefully Cryptic will see that the KDF should no longer be a CB farming faction.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Now I understand the impact of what it means to be called a "Nerfherder!!" Its not right for you to try to help to make the KDF side more generic when they are finally building it up, I play KDF side as my main and even lead a fleet for this faction, we need the mats too!!! Leveling a toon back when it was just all PvP was hard, dont steal our thunder..Fed side still has more ships and better costume options, and have dominated as the main faction. Why not let us have something unique like this, pirates deal in contraband and prisoners/slaves...please dont listen to this guy Cryptic! I already buy Zen regularly, let me have what i bought with what it was advertised to be!!

http://youtu.be/_IeS4Du6VDs?t=38s
    edited August 2013
    Umm no. I can run one of my KDF toons with 20 marauding missions - all purples - even though I would have to check 6 sector blocks usually to get 20 - but the return on that could be as high as 50-60 CB!! That would work out to $2.5 million EC plus or 20k dilithium. Now most of the missions would be 45min to 2 hr - with some 8hrs. Now there would be some CD but i could go to other sectors and still find some more in a day than just those 20.

people use this to farm for massive amounts of EC - that is all

Sorry - KDF should not be used as a CB farming faction.

i am running all 6 of my KDF toons right now doing nothing but marauding and taking detailed notes of the results which I will supply to Fed players on the general section on Monday/Tuesday. Hopefully Cryptic will see that the KDF should no longer be a CB farming faction.

So SIX of your toons marauding for hours on end moving your characters from one zone to the next, waiting the required time for those doff missions to end anywhere from 45mins to 8 hours, using possibly hundreds of millions of EC worth of purple doffs for 6 charachter for 2.5mil ec or 20k dilithium? Its seems like you went to extreme lengths to try to prove your point and extreme lengths to try and toll the post with your chosen game play style rather than contribute in a meaningful way. You have got to find better use for your time if you think this is some sort of major income. If this is how you choose to play rather than running Estf missions on FOUR characters (32k dilithium) and multiple common, rare, and very rare loot drops which also equal millions of EC, or running foundry missions for equal amounts of ec and dilithium, that is your choice. Even though you go to great lengths to try and point out some sort of problem, I think the only problem here is your experiment fails miserably at trying to prove a point, if that point is about income potential.

I find it hard to believe that someone that would go to such extreme lengths to choose using contraband as their income, including buying all purple doffs to do so, is trying to destroy their own very acceptable play style. In all honesty I think you could make more by doing something else with your time, if you have gone to this extreme to generate this income and its playstyle, then I see no issue with it.

Again your post has nothing to do with the slaver pets and all of what to do with doffing and contraband. This post is about broken slaver pets.
    edited August 2013
    starakus wrote: »
    So SIX of your toons marauding for hours on end moving your characters from one zone to the next, waiting the required time for those doff missions to end anywhere from 45mins to 8 hours, using possibly hundreds of millions of EC worth of purple doffs for 6 charachter for 2.5mil ec or 20k dilithium? Its seems like you went to extreme lengths to try to prove your point and extreme lengths to try and toll the post with your chosen game play style rather than contribute in a meaningful way. You have got to find better use for your time if you think this is some sort of major income. If this is how you choose to play rather than running Estf missions on FOUR characters (32k dilithium) and multiple common, rare, and very rare loot drops which also equal millions of EC, or running foundry missions for equal amounts of ec and dilithium, that is your choice. Even though you go to great lengths to try and point out some sort of problem, I think the only problem here is your experiment fails miserably at trying to prove a point, if that point is about income potential.

I find it hard to believe that someone that would go to such extreme lengths to choose using contraband as their income, including buying all purple doffs to do so, is trying to destroy their own very acceptable play style. In all honesty I think you could make more by doing something else with your time, if you have gone to this extreme to generate this income and its playstyle, then I see no issue with it.

Again your post has nothing to do with the slaver pets and all of what to do with doffing and contraband. This post is about broken slaver pets.

You are correct this is about the slavers - I will make separate post detailing the Contraband issue starting next week. And if you think that someone needs to spend hundreds of millions to get large rosters of purples you don`t know that much about doffing.
  • captaintpolcaptaintpol Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Really From one char I get 50contraband from doff missions on both sides with all 12 of my chars
    (STO)
    Matriarch of Banished Orion Girls. Neela D'tan
    @captaintpol (with many alts)
    May we sail and have fun always and forever. LLAP

(PC version NW)
    Arwen@captaintpol TR - Tully's of RiverRun
    Mai Kelly DC-Tully's of RiverRun
    Neela BumKisses HR-
    Arya Stark GF-
    Sansa Stark CW- Team Fencebane
    Crystal Marie OP-

(xbox version NW)
    Arwen@Admiral Jazdia TR- Team Fenebane
    Mai Kelly DC- " "
    Ahsoka Tano CW- " "
    Neela BumKisser HR- " "
    edited August 2013
    Really From one char I get 50contraband from doff missions on both sides with all 12 of my chars

I run 1 esft on each of my 42 federation characters too..

As a serious aside, with advanced Orion slavers in 6, 20 minutes sessions (borg red alert): 20min/4 (15 seconds per steal)=80 steals, x6 Orion Slavers= 480 steals, 2 success. The returns so far are any combination of (2)medical supplies, (1)provision.

Conclusion:
    -No manner of loot drop adjustments will fix the fact that the success rate needs an increase.
    -RNG is off, loot table is too big, or the way the loot table list is parsed is off as the same commodities/rewards show up entirely too often.
    -although an attempt has been made at this, the quality of looted items does not reflect the quality of hanger pet.

I have seen little feeback in the last few days other than irrelevant play style. I am using my advanced Orion slavers at the appropriate level (35), I am not doing stf or even elite stf with these pets, normal missions, borg red alerts, and enemy instaces (even worse return), so far at this level they die easy, have a hard time avoiding warp core breaches, and loot poor commodities with little success.

*Edit
    There is some leeway here, after thinking about it in a 20 minute session (if it even lasts the full 20 mins) your not CONSTANTLY fighting so there is a lot of math issues here, coupled with the fact that not all your pets are alive (the aforementioned hull weakness and susceptibility to warp core breaches). So yes the math is entirely inaccurate for sure. I still feel there is a quality imbalance in respect to level of loot and level of slaver and that perhaps there should be less and less common items on the table the higher the level of hanger pet as I suggested earlier in the thread. Perhaps the return on these is just not what most would expect in the cumulative time people use them. I guess more experimentation and feedback is needed.
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Slavers hardly ever steal.. even elite.. I can leave them on a borg cube for an hour and maybe a medical supply.. or provision.. they are terrible.

Damage.. terrible, stealing.. terrible, AI.. no better then before.. even with 4 stars..

There are those I've seen that say there is no issue.. but wow are they in denial.

They probably will never fix it (I know that they are not "broke" they just su.k), I will just leave them in my bank until.. perhaps.. things change
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    emt27 wrote: »
    Slavers hardly ever steal.. even elite.. I can leave them on a borg cube for an hour and maybe a medical supply.. or provision.. they are terrible.

Damage.. terrible, stealing.. terrible, AI.. no better then before.. even with 4 stars..

There are those I've seen that say there is no issue.. but wow are they in denial.

They probably will never fix it (I know that they are not "broke" they just su.k), I will just leave them in my bank until.. perhaps.. things change

They wonder why the players of their game don't believe what they are told by them :)

Vote with your wallet... is why I have so many toons in a holding pattern before purchasing any more elite hangars.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    emt27 wrote: »

I tried out a pair of Advanced Slaver hangars a year ago... and they did virtually zero stealing then. In a week I got maybe five contraband.

I think the denial is from people who think slavers were ever worthwhile. Sorry.
  • sulfrustriplesulfrustriple Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I tried out a pair of Advanced Slaver hangars a year ago... and they did virtually zero stealing then. In a week I got maybe five contraband.

I think the denial is from people who think slavers were ever worthwhile. Sorry.

Not disputing your experience, but others are posting based on their experience. Which may be more recent and comparable.

And Devs have expressly stated that they have dramatically reduced (from 6 to 1) the quantity of contraband received when the proc occurs. This isn't a figment of imagination. It is a real and measurable decrease in output.
    edited August 2013
    Not disputing your experience, but others are posting based on their experience. Which may be more recent and comparable.

And Devs have expressly stated that they have dramatically reduced (from 6 to 1) the quantity of contraband received when the proc occurs. This isn't a figment of imagination. It is a real and measurable decrease in output.

Are you kidding?.. They use to steal ~5-12 contraband per stf... at least, and now you are lucky to get 2 worthless provisions in the same stf

Even if you didn't get anything a long time ago... in a place far far away... my question to you is are you happy with it.. better yet, spend the dilith and get the elite set and see if you are happy.. doubt you will be
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

There was to low a price on CB ($35k) meaning too many people were able to use it to turn into dilithium

This is all part of the plan to lower dilithium in game and lower EC - forcing players to buy more Zen.

LOL. I love posts like this.

*pats the conspiracy nut on the head*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • jniebaumjniebaum Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I had the oddy 3 pack $50 so that I got the 2x slipstream for the tour - and I bet a lot of others did so as well - should we all get refunds now that they nerfed that?

It is what it is - no-one is getting refunds and they are not going to change anything back - just be glad you got what you got for so long farming the KDF.
    topset wrote: »

Actually if you look at how all the other games PWE "published" have been run, for the most part, that is SOP for them.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2013

ive made almost 400m from my slavers in the past 6 months..

i dont doff much. i dont use the CB, i sell it.

since the nerf patch ive only gotten about 300 total.

i used to avg about 300 a week.

like i said, i used to get about 20 or so every couple STFs.. now i am lucky to go a whole day getting 1 or 2.

altho i did just log in and got 4 right off.. maybe they increased it again.. i hope so :)

edit: it was a fluke :(
    ran 3 more missions and got nothing at all. just some EC.. which i dont need..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    topset wrote: »

he's right though, every game change has been towards the goal of less *free* dilithium and ec income and more towards CS sales/zen <>dil conversion. starbases, doffs, starbase additions, fleet equips, specialized weapons, crafting, all dilithium sinks. buy doff packs, sell for ec. you can still grind away to get the same...but that's not fun nor fast. which is the whole strat. grind or buy.

you're a blind self deluded fool if you can't see that trend.

the nerf to a lackluster unit that only had one saving grace which was the chance to steal contra...they might as well remove slavers entirely. the investment for advanced/elites is no longer worth the return.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I guess it's a good thing that I passed on the Elite Slavers when I had the chance to buy them last month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    he's right though, every game change has been towards the goal of less *free* dilithium and ec income and more towards CS sales/zen <>dil conversion. starbases, doffs, starbase additions, fleet equips, specialized weapons, crafting, all dilithium sinks. buy doff packs, sell for ec. you can still grind away to get the same...but that's not fun nor fast. which is the whole strat. grind or buy.

you're a blind self deluded fool if you can't see that trend.

the nerf to a lackluster unit that only had one saving grace which was the chance to steal contra...they might as well remove slavers entirely. the investment for advanced/elites is no longer worth the return.

The only reason slavers were ever created is back before f2p the KDF only had a hand full of vocal people including myself that were kind of annoyed when they said orion interceptors were going to be taken away from the marauder and put into a +1 ship and being sold again after most KDF players had already purchased the ability. So the slavers were just a medium to try to please the trend of you buy and we taketh away and re-sell it to you.

Although this time they do heavy nerfs on damage and design output of these pets so if you want maximum ability of their new changes that you will buy elite stuff. I'm pretty much done with that game once they remove most of what I've already obtained and try to re-sell it to me I'll just go elsewhere for my entertainment.
    edited August 2013
    Another update done... I saw "Hanger pet" in the release notes and I started to get excited.. I still have hope that they will change this..

At least provide a better rate of stealing other things if Cryptic doesn't want us to have contraband..

Still hoping they will do the right thing.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited August 2013
    the HP is lower then any other fighter the dps is lower then any other fighter and they no longer steal contraband like they say they do..

so.. whats the deal?

i have pretty much stopped using them on all of my chars due to the nerf..
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2013
    Yep, they got nerfed into uselessness. There are no plans to change them back they are working as intended.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The Elite Verison has great dps, but yeah in every other way they screwed them up or failed to fix them properly. And the advance and basic verisons don't have the dps even, the Elites are the only verison worth bothering with now.
  • ragingloliragingloli Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh, I was wondering why they don't steal contraband.
    So I just wasted 30k dil on that junk, eh? Just great.
  • xepthrixepthri Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wait really? They don't steal?
    Did I miss something?
    Cos I just bought 'em a while ago.... :/

Is it just really low steal rate or they totally don't steal anymore.