What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Introducing Arc

Comments

• Options
    ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seems the first step of ARC becoming across the board mandatory is complete with new users required to use it. I am quite sad to see this. I hold out hope for the fututre, but have my bags packed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    if arc is forced, and if it installs some unnecessary TRIBBLE then I have my bags ready thought I do hope it is not going to happen like this.

This lovely game is going dogs with each update, and almost every update brakes something.. :rolleyes:
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm hearing from other users that it installs a browser "toolbar." Can anyone confirm this?
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pwefail wrote: »
    thx but no thx.

Same here. Want to play Star Trek, not PWE games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • Options
    theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If it's optional, I'll choose to continue using steam. If it's forced on me, I will move on to another game period. I don't need another game manager on my PC, EA tried it with origin and I've not purchased any of their games since.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm surprised they haven't placed a monetary value on D/Loading the damn thing,most un-PWE missing an opportunity like that... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    meb812meb812 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    'Was' planning to dump a good amount of Money in this game, Not Now. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When is this going to be Mandatory for everyone ?

Id like to know in advance to get as much game time as possible out of this game before I stop playing.
  • Options
    mebbyjrmebbyjr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jelly0 wrote: »
    When is this going to be Mandatory for everyone ?

Id like to know in advance to get as much game time as possible out of this game before I stop playing.

agree with you but.......

just don't see the point in grinding out anymore personal or fleet projects.

the idea of this happening to STO gives me less reason to even log into the game.
  • Options
    superk1ngsuperk1ng Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ugh... I came to download the game to put on a key to bring to a friend's place to show them and I find the download links gone, no way in hell I'm installing a download manager of any kind given their terrible track record of just being spyware. If arc is mandatory, my sub goes bye bye.. Does anyone have the old download links?
  • Options
    general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    superk1ng wrote: »
    Ugh... I came to download the game to put on a key to bring to a friend's place to show them and I find the download links gone, no way in hell I'm installing a download manager of any kind given their terrible track record of just being spyware. If arc is mandatory, my sub goes bye bye.. Does anyone have the old download links?

Wow, didn't even notice they did that, thats ****ed up. They pulled a M$ and made it mandatory. Not too happy about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    superk1ng wrote: »

Not cool at all ^^^^^^
  • Options
    bhthephoenixbhthephoenix Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sadly no, though I would assume those links would not work any more anyway.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You guys are a bunch of weenies. I have just downloaded and i am using it. There is no extra junk downloaded on my system. There is no extra toolbars, no pando, just arc. I am liking it, it is really nice to just click on STO in ARC and it automatically signs you in, same with Neverwinter.

Just give it a chance before crying about it, nah, just cry about it and post on the forums on how much you going to quit blah blah blah.
  • Options
    superk1ngsuperk1ng Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I found the ST.2012.0126a.8 torrent, it's still alive.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    You guys are a bunch of weenies. I have just downloaded and i am using it. There is no extra junk downloaded on my system. There is no extra toolbars, no pando, just arc. I am liking it, it is really nice to just click on STO in ARC and it automatically signs you in, same with Neverwinter.

Just give it a chance before crying about it, nah, just cry about it and post on the forums on how much you going to quit blah blah blah.

I have it and have had it since it came out, there's no real problem with it, but I don't think its cool to force it on people. Thats just my opinion, but apparently
    Obvious Fail troll is obviously failing ^^^^
    Heres a reality check for you little boy
    Not many people like your idea
    and
    not many people like you
    so go cry to your mummy and daddy and have them give you money to spend so you can feel like you accomplished something in your pathetic little life.
    I think a forum mod should close this thread its becoming a flame war even im being sucked into it O.O
    Since all of that's obviously true what does my opinion matter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have it and have had it since it came out, there's no real problem with it, but I don't think its cool to force it on people. Thats just my opinion, but apparently
    Since all of that's obviously true what does my opinion matter?

Hey kid i think you posted that quote in the wrong place lol
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hey kid i think you posted that quote in the wrong place lol

No I posted it exactly where I wanted it. Btw I'm no kid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    josegasparjosegaspar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Sounds good. I just took a quick look at it so here's some initial/first impression feedback.

Dislikes:

- Upon launching a game through the Arc launcher it opens up the original game launcher and although it automatically logs me in,.... (snip snip)

Waitasecond... what about situations where more than one person has an account and plays a family computer? It automatically logs someone in?
  • Options
    android2400android2400 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Error -105 when loading url http://arc01.perfectworld.com/client/allgames

Fixed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hey Cryptic/Perfect World, you want a successful game and be venerated for Star Trek Online? Then make the game with more fun, instead of making the game with more greed.
  • Options
    mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not going to download it, and if it becomes mandatory, my money will be going elsewhere.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wonder what Perfect World has to say about this?

It's a general sentiment of hostility towards Arc.

And even those who are okay with it favor it being optional, not manditory.

You can bet PWE isn't addressing any of that in their press releases.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PWE/Cryptic have not made acknowledgement to our concerns and disapprovement of Arc.
    Branflakes has not even giving us any updates in quite a few pages not even a customary we are taking your feedback on board type of mail. All in all I think PWE are going to push ARC onto all members if we like it or not.

The cynic in me is thinking they are using the freebies and sales with the lobi store to lead us all in a false sense of security before saying it is going mandatory as a way to cushion the blow.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eldarion79 wrote: »

Well more fool you. Arc does indeed install spyware to your pc, not only that, it also installs Panda which is a peer to peer program. If you have data limits you are stuffed, because Panda is constantly using your internet to upload parts of Arc to other users..

Also Arc is constantly spying on your activity within your pc. Every time you click on something, it sends what program/game/document name to PWE. It also scans your pc on regular intervals, and then sends the data to them as well.

Just because you want to be blissfully unaware of what is going on, some of us want to know... :rolleyes:

robeasom wrote: »
    PWE/Cryptic have not made acknowledgement to our concerns and disapprovement of Arc.
    Branflakes has not even giving us any updates in quite a few pages not even a customary we are taking your feedback on board type of mail. All in all I think PWE are going to push ARC onto all members if we like it or not.

The cynic in me is thinking they are using the freebies and sales with the lobi store to lead us all in a false sense of security before saying it is going mandatory as a way to cushion the blow.

Either that or tying those sales to only Arc users. Cryptic/PWE are not above making such a stupid move...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After looking at all of the features and such, user-wise, I do not see the point of Arc.
  • Options
    solidneutroniumsolidneutronium Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's funny people still think that Cryptic/PWE is looking for feedback on Arc. They are not interested in feedback.

Our new overlords have already decreed that Arc will be mandatory in the future. Your protests are futile. Play, don't play. That is the question.

But if you do play, learn to bow down to our new masters.

Hail to the overlords!

/bows down

:D
    Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
  • Options
    revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

I have a pre-arc installer archived, just so that if I need to reinstall that I can do it without arc.

EDIT:
    Archive it for yourself before they remove the pre-arc installer from the website.

http://download.perfectworld.com/sto/star_trek_setup.exe
  • Options
    amishrevolutionamishrevolution Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wants to update more often than my antivirus and seems to serve no useful purpose, lemme know if you guys come up with something even more annoying and worthless to the customer than ARC, should be amusing to see the response.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I play STO with Steam. That's enough third-party software in my book. I know Valve, and I trust them because they disclose exactly what they do with the data that they gather through the client: they chart people's hardware so they can make their stuff work better. And the side benefits (Steam overlay so I don't have to tab between windows to check something, social functions, etc.) are far superior.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost

If they make it mandatory they can consider me lost as a customer.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/