test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disconnected during Azure Nebula Rescue *Resolution is Live*

crjasoncrjason Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Anyone else getting disconnected every time while playing this mission? I am not having trouble with others that I have tried, but on this one I can only get through about 1-2 minutes before getting d/c.
Post edited by crjason on

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the report, crjason. We're investigating this and working on a resolution.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    4 times happened to me, first 3 were within a min of starting the 4th we got about half way through the mission before dc. I also move the new carrier ui about as well i duno if that does anything but i know after dc and rc that i have to move the ui again as it went back to default. Annoying for sure. Also i tweeted bran about it a bit and i see you have posted bran so thanks for that and lookin into it. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pesky Tholians :P
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    We believe we have identified the issue and are now working on a resolution which *should* not involve any downtime. I'll keep you updated if that changes/ when the resolution is live.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the report, crjason. We're investigating this and working on a resolution.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Cryptic QA procedures need work (IE need to be improved) - here's the second patch IN A ROW that contained a MAJOR issue (the previous patch caused a client crash to the majority of STO users so bad that it required an Emergency maintenance cycle to fix.)

Something is VERY WRONG in STO's (Cryptic's and PWE's) QA processes if major issues like this continue to be pushed live and discovered after the fact.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Cryptic QA procedures need work (IE need to be improved) - here's the second patch IN A ROW that contained a MAJOR issue (the previous patch caused a client crash to the majority of STO users so bad that it required an Emergency maintenance cycle to fix.)

Something is VERY WRONG in STO's (Cryptic's and PWE's) QA processes if major issues like this continue to be pushed live and discovered after the fact.

Yes let a handful of people go through millions of lines of code, Through every system in the game and test every possible build from start to finish on every single patch and have content not take a year to come out. This is not a major issue go farm rommie marks doing one of the other queues or on new rom.. They might even be able to fix it without downtime. Find me an mmo that has come out with as much content from feb to august that has 0 problems..... *Here's a tissue* go cry in the corner by yourself.
    I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
    tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
    I'm in a really bad mood.
  • Options
    spotter5spotter5 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm having the same issue too
  • Options
    cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Twice in a row now I've entered this event and been promptly disconnected from the servers in the middle of the first fight. I'd say it was something on my end but It's happening to others as well. So It must be some artifact of the most recent patch.

Cryptic you need to get your act together!
  • Options
    ipmonitoripmonitor Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yep was booted 6 times with 3 characters. idk if this is happening in other events as well but gave up after 6.
  • Options
    zurganuszurganus Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Theres no way for them to catch everything. For example, this patch introduced a new ship, some new costumes and a new carrier UI. It had nothing to do with Nebula Rescue, so there was no reason to go test nebula rescue because it wasnt a focus. If this was the first time Nebula Rescue was being introduced then yes, it would be an issue. Their QA is fine, its your attitude that needs an adjustment.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    zurganus wrote: »
    Theres no way for them to catch everything. For example, this patch introduced a new ship, some new costumes and a new carrier UI. It had nothing to do with Nebula Rescue, so there was no reason to go test nebula rescue because it wasnt a focus. If this was the first time Nebula Rescue was being introduced then yes, it would be an issue. Their QA is fine, its your attitude that needs an adjustment.

Um - "Server Stability Updates" - IE obviously they are tweaking server performance ; and obviously something on that end was affected. IF they had a proper load test environment, they should be able to catch this type of thing. And sorry, but when you DON'T have proper test procedures/environments, you miss stuff like this (And as someone with a programming degree and 25+ years in IT, I've seen this type of thing spiral out of control.)

If you can't reliably test stuff, your codebase gets more and more unstable and that EXACTLY where STPO appears to be heading. if you like playing STO in that condition more power to you; but one day, it's going to become a real spaghetti coe mess if this trend continues.
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Consider your booting a favor in disguise; that mission has the crappiest payout of Rom Makrs in game: It's also Both HARD capped AND Time Capped at 18 rom marks.
  • Options
    isp1371isp1371 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have also experienced disconnections while trying to do this mission. At last count 9 timea at different stages in the match. :(
  • Options
    wahoofxwahoofx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I too have had two Azure Nebula D/Cs followed by "Unable to Authenticate: Couldn't even attempt account server connection" on the login screen
  • Options
    cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well there actually seems to be a pattern of "Disconnection" going on... Now I've been disconnected in the middle of doing Deferra Hards. Which taken by itself isn't so unusual... but its like I can't get anything done. And I don't want to even try any Elite STFs. Just not wanting to do that to other players. :mad:
  • Options
    canisanubiscanisanubis Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Honestly, I'd just assume see Azure Nebula Rescue removed and made afresh. The current event is buggy and boring. Too much time spent flying, pushing progress bars and waiting for respawns, and not enough spent actually doing anything fun.
  • Options
    ipmonitoripmonitor Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cannydog wrote: »
    Well there actually seems to be a pattern of "Disconnection" going on... Now I've been disconnected in the middle of doing Deferra Hards. Which taken by itself isn't so unusual... but its like I can't get anything done. And I don't want to even try any Elite STFs. Just not wanting to do that to other players. :mad:

ah dont worry everyone is getting disconnected together not just individuals.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Consider your booting a favor in disguise; that mission has the crappiest payout of Rom Makrs in game: It's also Both HARD capped AND Time Capped at 18 rom marks.

I get 30 in the bonus event.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I get 30 in the bonus event.

False, unless there has been a change. 23 is the max Rom marks under fleet event.
  • Options
    superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    At the moment ( and for some time now ) I've noticed it was hard capped @ 24 marks per event and 30 upon the bonus event. I've never gotten anything lower than 24 if the points on the side add up to more. I don't know where you got 18 from, although If I remember it used to be that amount, it seems familiar.

And yes, I'm getting booted from azure neb, my GF is too when we run together. Glad it isn't just us. Sad it's another "feature" of the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Update: We're testing the resolution we have. More updates as they become available.
    Um - "Server Stability Updates" -

This was not mentioned in yesterday's patch notes: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=803521

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After 5 minutes of game play into
    the mission the entire team
    gets kicked off the server.
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    good to hear I'm not alone on this, very annoying, literally kicked off the server for no reason at all.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's been a while so I must ask, how's the resolution coming along? Even I am suffering from this issue as well and I never disconnect from the server.
  • Options
    mikec1013mikec1013 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's been a while so I must ask, how's the resolution coming along? Even I am suffering from this issue as well and I never disconnect from the server.

7:20 pm US east coast, still getting kicked from Azure Nebula Rescue. Rest assured, if this was an exploit that was awarding more rewards than it was supposed to, the game would be offline until they had a fix available. This is Craptic at its best. Don't expect a fix until next Thursdays down time.
  • Options
    axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I to am experiencing this. Headed straight to the forums :D;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sebastioncanesebastioncane Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    been getting Disconnected every 60 seconds for the last hour and a half
    is this happening to anyone else?
    I hope cryptic fixes this right away
  • Options
    jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Got disconnected twice after 2 minutes of play in Azure Rescue.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Update: We're testing the resolution we have. More updates as they become available.
    Um - "Server Stability Updates" -

This was not mentioned in yesterday's patch notes: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=803521

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

True - but they were mentioned in the Tribble Patch Notes of 7/24/13 (link)
    We already brought down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.31.20130714a.11

General:
    • Resolved some clipping issues associated with the Romulan Veteran Jackets.
    • The Daeinos Destroyer will now properly animate while in sector space.
    • The Peghqu' Destroyer will now properly animate while in sector space.
    • Server Stability Updates

And since this morning's Holodeck Server patch notes contained the following:
    General:

and
    Costumes:
    • The Reman Headgear has been adjusted to prevent clipping.
    • Updated the color palate on the Reman variants of the Romulan Republic uniforms.

And, since there's no mention of any Vet Ship reward animation issues in the Known Issues list at the bottom of today's Holodeck patch notes:
    Known Issue:

All qualities of the following pets are still replacing active pets if launched while all hangar wings are full:
    • Tholian Mesh Weavers
    • Jem'Hadar Attack Ships
    • Fer'jai Frigates
    • Bird of Prey Raiders
    • Marauding Force
    • Stalker Fighters

It appears the Tribble build of 7/24/13 was incorporated into today's Live build - and I'm pretty sure (based on past experience of how Cryptic pushes it's Tribble builds, that the Server Stability updates mentioned in the Tribble 7/24/13 patch notes were included in todays build, and it wouldn't be the first time a part of the patch notes from Tribble were not included in the final Holodeck patch notes, EVEN THOUGH what was commented on in those original Tribble patch notes was in fact pushed to Holodeck.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Got disconnected twice after 2 minutes of play in Azure Rescue.

same with azure nebula has happened about 12 times already