What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disconnected during Azure Nebula Rescue *Resolution is Live*

Comments

• Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,408 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Having same issue. Getting DC on Azure. Have tried it 3 times and every time I DC after about 1 or 2 min. -_-
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Got disconnected twice after 2 minutes of play in Azure Rescue.

This same exact thing happened to me. Gonna be awhile before I get the 2700 marks for the space set I guess...
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This same exact thing happened to me. Gonna be awhile before I get the 2700 marks for the space set I guess...

I'm just doing epohh breeding it'll take some time but will require less medication for the grind at hand.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains,

EDIT: Unfortunately, the fix we were testing failed. We will continue working on a resolution. Thanks for your continued patience!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    snip

That's a valid point, but these Tribble "Server Stability Updates" were not tied the same patch that went live on Holodeck :) For instance, the Tribble build that included that patch note was ST.31.20130714a.11 (per this thread), but the one that is live on Holodeck now is ST.31.20130714a.12 (you can see this pop up where you see patching status after you enter your log-in credentials). Tribble was since updated to .12, but there were no player-facing changes so no patch notes were posted.

Builds are a tricky thing to explain, so I can definitely empathize with why it may be confusing -- I've been here a while and can still get confused :)

Rest assured, the crash that the Azure Nebula map is experiencing is not related to any "Server Stability Update" changes.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    chronoskenschronoskens Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I Started up Azure Nebula and was in there for 2 min and then server disconnect, the same thing happened a further 3 times what is going on? A friend of mine that is in the same fleet the same thing happened twice in a row.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yup. Happened to me 5 times in a row.

I don't see how it's possible that EVERY patch creates at least one new bug.
  • Options
    graemorhomegraemorhome Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Crashed three times myself in the Azure Rescue Mission before I realized it was an issue. HOWEVER, I now crash to desktop continuously each time I log in. Gaming was fine all night until I attempted the Azure mission, so I'm not sure why I'm crashing now, even when I'm not in the mission.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Update: We're testing the resolution we have. More updates as they become available.

This was not mentioned in yesterday's patch notes: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=803521

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

To be fair, there was a LOT that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes.
  • Options
    daleo56daleo56 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any news on this? For the last fours hours I can only play the Azure Nebula Resue for a minute or two before being disconnected.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I keep getting disconnected from server upon playing Azure Nebula a minute or so. :( This has been going on -- you guessed it right -- since the latest patch. Sigh.

Anyone else experiencing this? I can't play like this.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    tunodtunod Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Same here. It's unplayable, for the time being.

Thanks for being on this, Bran. But, erm, shouldn't this be in the, you know, actual section for Bugs, where I posted mine too?! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    bufflezbufflez Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    after my fourth disconnect.... I figured... let's check the forums and I found this. UGH> I'm like... 17 nukara marks from tier IV... FIX IT NAO! PLZ PLZ?
  • Options
    somadmansomadman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    same with azure nebula has happened about 12 times already

Kept getting disconnects from azure myself.

Edit: Tried again a few minutes ago... same result.
  • Options
    yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ever since yesterdays patch, I've also been getting disconnected when trying to do azure nebula, also when in fleet missions.

It's not my machine or connection, it's something they have done in the recent patch, so lets not go down the road of blaming our setups please.

C'mon Cryptic this is a major game breaking bug and is delaying people trying to grind for reputation and fleet SB/Mine/Embassy. I'm the head of a small fleet, If I can't contribute how can I expect, the other guys to do it? It's also close to a weekend, if you can't fix it before your going to lose players.
  • Options
    jaguarman1234jaguarman1234 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    run Crystalline Catastrophe, 40 marks
  • Options
    diabranddiabrand Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just tried the Azure Nebula Rescue with three other fleeties this evening - disconnected twice. First one we were disconnected after about a minute. Second one we were disconnected after ten seconds.
    "I am .. the storm that rains devastaton on our foes."
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Um - "Server Stability Updates" - IE obviously they are tweaking server performance ; and obviously something on that end was affected. IF they had a proper load test environment, they should be able to catch this type of thing. And sorry, but when you DON'T have proper test procedures/environments, you miss stuff like this (And as someone with a programming degree and 25+ years in IT, I've seen this type of thing spiral out of control.)

If you can't reliably test stuff, your codebase gets more and more unstable and that EXACTLY where STPO appears to be heading. if you like playing STO in that condition more power to you; but one day, it's going to become a real spaghetti coe mess if this trend continues.

As if it hasn't already happened, where you been?
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    galanosgalanos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    same here, i get dced after playing this mission
  • Options
    saddakarsaddakar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sigh. Any word on a fix yet?
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Getting kicked during Azure and Fleet Alert. Checking if that thing is happening in every non-stf pve event.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    saddakar wrote: »
    Sigh. Any word on a fix yet?

Brandon probably hasn't even gotten into the office yet (it's only 8:30 am) so probably not any word hehe. But I'm sure he'll update if he finds out anything.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    yepdatguyyepdatguy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After the patch I can no longer finish the azure nebula stf. I can always get the first ship free but how most of the time I get disconnected shortly after that. Sometimes I can go longer but I have not been able to finish since the patch. Also unlike before the patch if I got disconnected during an stf I could log back in and get right back in the stf I was in. Now when I log back in I am where I started the stf not back in the stf. This is a huge issue for those trying to get romulan marks.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the disconnecting or the "Server not responding" is strong today. Dunno what's going on over there. Got DC'd when trying to change maps for a number of episode missions.
  • Options
    divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Me too, cant even access mail before I get dc and I stood right by it.

Come on cryptic get it sorted :(
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    askray wrote: »
    Brandon probably hasn't even gotten into the office yet (it's only 8:30 am) so probably not any word hehe. But I'm sure he'll update if he finds out anything.

Just tried again. Still borked. :(
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Update: We're testing a new resolution. More updates as they become available.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited July 2013
    Relieved to know it wasn't just me then. :o

Since this is one of my favorite ways to get Nukes (Nukara marks) during bonus marks events, I hope this fix goes well.
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill