What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 25, 2013) [Complete!]

12346»

Comments

• hawk1ehawk1e Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    seitei1 wrote: »
    I can't understand. I'm in London. We're ON GMT. It's 17:32. Yet according to that site, I'm an hour behind 'UTC', which states 16:32. So if UTC is NOT GMT, then what is it?

You're on british summertime mate.
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @seitei1: You're on BST, not GMT. GMT+1 due to daylight savings. Yay governments!

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=136
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, July 25th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 3 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

I don't say this often. But I am impressed and pleased with this list.

Reasons why:
    -Some bug issues addressed. (It's a start.)
    -No Grindfactor or Major nerfing mentioned/added. (At least that was mentioned.)
    -IMPROVEMENT OF CURRENTLY EXISTING GAME MECHANIC. (thumbs up!)
    -Removal of dead-wood (Terradome)

Please, more patches like these and a most sincere 'thank you'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • jiltedkittenjiltedkitten Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't understand. I'm in London. We're ON GMT. It's 17:32. Yet according to that site, I'm an hour behind 'UTC', which states 16:32. So if UTC is NOT GMT, then what is it?

UTC is UTC
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bemlega wrote: »
    That's just the captains gig. There's a Hvy DD like for KDF and Fed as well. Not sure if it suits a Sci, though.

I hope your not referring to a D'deridex becuase i fly a fleet d'deridex and if its one thing its not thats a sci vessel its a good mix of engi and tac the sci station is marginal.
    edited July 2013
    Bemlega is referring to the veteran ship.
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    milestfox wrote: »
    I've long wished for (and I know, this is the wrong place to discuss it, but since we have the time).. a level of PvP above all others, PvP for Pinkslips almost..

You must agree to enable this mode.
    If you encounter another player who has also enabled it, in pvp..

Upon defeat, the 'winner' can choose to board your ship and fight your CREW to the bridge, where they must then fight your bridge officers and you as a captain..

If they win, they get your ship, in terrible shape (tons of injuries), with default equips/etc..
    and you must choose one of your other ships to continue.

This would be the mechanism for crossfactioning ships.

Wow, an amazingly interesting 1v1 idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2013

UTC is Universal Time Coordinate, or Zulu time. It starts off the year matching GMT, but stays the same during daylight savings because organizations with bases across timezones, or people who travel across timezones, use it to keep track of when things are going on.
    edited July 2013
    Bemlega is referring to the veteran ship.

Oh ok ive heard ppl refer to the d'deridex as DD so i misunderstood :)
  • sammaelussammaelus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Have to agree i'm usually the first jumping on the cryptic hate bandwagon, but this is one of the few patches that does what a patch's supposed to do (barring any major patch related f-ups after the server go live). Hangar love was long overdue.

As to the all pointless cries about removing a mission noone does because you spend hours in there and get zip, zilch, nada, zero, nothing worthy as reward (notwithstanding e-peen increase ofc), what if cryptic will later reintroduce terradome revamped, with better rewards, and most importantly accessible form queue system, same as they did with Crystalline Entity - won't that be better for everyone instead of having a mission in TRIBBLE end of universe noone ever does anyway.
  • laminouklaminouk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Google UTC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time

takes some getting used to as us brits were never told of such a time.
  • bemlegabemlega Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hope your not referring to a D'deridex becuase i fly a fleet d'deridex and if its one thing its not thats a sci vessel its a good mix of engi and tac the sci station is marginal.

Nope, refering to the Heavy Destroyer (DD) "class" of veterans ships. Each faction got one (now 8-)).
    Excellent for Tacs, good for Engs. Not so good for Scis. You mileage may vary.
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bauer6 wrote: »
    if they did this game would be bug free, FACT.

No game is ever bug free, FACT

My question, will this patch fix the uneccesary whining from the vocal minority about the same old things, over, and over, and over?
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
    edited July 2013
    Im sure hoping i can use my carrier based toons because last night i was on tribble to look at the new carrier stuff and it made me crash to desktop every single time.

would hate to have to abandon or delete my carrier based toons after all the hard work i put into developing them FOR carriers.
  • lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    keeping fingers crossed for no "maintenance has been extended" message from branflakes.
    edited July 2013
    @morchades: It continues to track GMT exactly, throughout the year. GMT also does not have a daylight savings time component. However, Britain changes from GMT to BST during their daylight savings time period.

• stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lhoygow wrote: »
    keeping fingers crossed for no "maintenance has been extended" message from branflakes.

Probably not!

There wasn't any stability improvements mentioned in the notes :D .
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
    edited July 2013
    bemlega wrote: »
    Nope, refering to the Heavy Destroyer (DD) "class" of veterans ships. Each faction got one (now 8-)).
    Excellent for Tacs, good for Engs. Not so good for Scis. You mileage may vary.

Yeah i misunderstood as i mentioned before ive had ppl refer to the d'deridex as DD so i misunderstood what you meant :)
  • morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @morchades: It continues to track GMT exactly, throughout the year. GMT also does not have a daylight savings time component. However, Britain changes from GMT to BST during their daylight savings time period.

Ah. I keep forgetting the timezones get different names during DST. At work, we still call the US East Coast EST, Germany CET, and the UK GMT all year.
  • bemlegabemlega Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh ok ive heard ppl refer to the d'deridex as DD so i misunderstood :)

"DD" is "military slang" for destroyer class ships. Not sure where it originates.
    Carrier would be CV, Battleship "D'deridex?) would be a "BB". 8-)

No clue what a Heavy Destroyer would be. Next bigger ship is Light Cruiser (CL), i think.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.