State of the Game: July 2013

Comments

• vamerrasvamerras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any plan to repair Hive Onslaught?
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    siryphas wrote: »
    I actually would like to see more stuff from the movie reboots. Like the Federation Battleship from Into Darkness. Or the Klingon uniforms from the same film.

How about:

IMPOSSIBLE:

A) lets not have JJ wars TRIBBLE in Star Trek, and

B) We do not have the licensing.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • deltas6deltas6 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Get Kate Mulgrew do a Captain or Admiral "Janeway" voice over mission arc :D
  • ccmurphyccmurphy Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    deltas6 wrote: »

i second that idea. but would also like to see tom and b'elanna. best pilot and best engineer in starfleet
    edited July 2013
    deltas6 wrote: »

And Brent Spiner. :o

Oh I love B-4, I MEAN DATA!
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

• pete83pete83 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It would be good to have a version of the game that you access the normal way but is actually a seperate game with some same and different factions since it's set in 30 years after the original series where the cardassian union will just be rumours and the romulan empire is still strong such a thing could be good since there's so many tos fans out there.
    edited July 2013
    pete83 wrote: »
    It would be good to have a version of the game that you access the normal way but is actually a seperate game with some same and different factions since it's set in 30 years after the original series where the cardassian union will just be rumours and the romulan empire is still strong such a thing could be good since there's so many tos fans out there.

That would mean an entire new game ... sorry ...

• tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Season 8? IMO Ground improvements (f.e. covers) , balance pvp (timeship cheesemasters rules in space now) , maybe story progress 2409-2413
    But yeah, that episode "Year of hell" from Voyager episodes was great (Annorax's ship in next lockbox?)
  • raptor1701raptor1701 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Vote for Enterprise!

It would be awesome to see the Xindi explored in depth in STO. There are a lot of potential stories about the five species coexisting on one world, maybe even six as the STO timeline hinted that some Xindi Avians may have survived. It would also be a great opportunity to fill in the gap about what happened with these species after Enterprise... did they find a common homeworld? Did they join the Federation as predicted?

They have some cool ship designs that I'd love to see modernized for the 25th century, and it would be fun to have unique alien Boffs or Captains like a Xindi Insectoid or Xindi Avian. Even the Aquatics could join in if you had a kind of space-only Boff, since you can't really have a giant water breather beaming down on away missions. The Xindi would have a lot to offer as allies of the Federation or even as their own faction.
    edited July 2013
    raptor1701 wrote: »
    Vote for Enterprise!

It would be awesome to see the Xindi explored in depth in STO. There are a lot of potential stories about the five species coexisting on one world, maybe even six as the STO timeline hinted that some Xindi Avians may have survived. It would also be a great opportunity to fill in the gap about what happened with these species after Enterprise... did they find a common homeworld? Did they join the Federation as predicted?

They have some cool ship designs that I'd love to see modernized for the 25th century, and it would be fun to have unique alien Boffs or Captains like a Xindi Insectoid or Xindi Avian. Even the Aquatics could join in if you had a kind of space-only Boff, since you can't really have a giant water breather beaming down on away missions. The Xindi would have a lot to offer as allies of the Federation or even as their own faction.

This makes me feel bad reading this, as I know we are not getting this.

But ... maybe the All powerful gods at STO may think "Why not .. an Enterprise episode ... WITH ARHCER VOICEOVER!"

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    And Brent Spiner. :o

Oh I love B-4, I MEAN DATA!

Or ... Arik Soong!!!!!
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2013
    How about an unaffiliated race/character where you do not take sides and instead work as a freelance smuggler/pirate/mercenary/bounty hunter/freighter captain? We already have the mercenary clothing and stuff. I'd like to see more original non-aligned ships in the game than simply rehashing the ships and races we've already seen.
    Besides, there's not really good explanation for delta quad races to even be in the game. So most of the Voyager stuff would be out. Expanded Cardassian/Dominion/Breen stuff would be nice, too. A new Dominion invasion with updated ships, etc. would be nice.

1. Wasn't Neelix a freetrader
    2. easy way to access the delta quadrant = Captured Iconian gates :D
    3. I don't really get the DS9 thing, we don't get to play as the bad guys so how would they possibly merge the Dominion/Cardassians into the current plot/storylines. Any new faction will be done the same as the Romulans I'm guessing, but I never got into DS9 it always seemed like a soap opera on a station maybe I'll have to try and revisit the series.
    4. Breen could be interesting but not much customization as they always need to be inside their suits except maybe inside their own ships where I imagine the AC is on HIGH :P

jumpingjs wrote: »
    This makes me feel bad reading this, as I know we are not getting this.

But ... maybe the All powerful gods at STO may think "Why not .. an Enterprise episode ... WITH ARHCER VOICEOVER!"

well we've had timetravel/flashback missions so not outta the question i think

Only problem with the Xindi would be the Aquatics how could they do ground missions even in a eva suit they would make a Gorn look like a midget :P, but playable Suliban would be interesting.

irrc voyager is already back home by the ST: Nemisis movie as Admiral Janeway gives Picard the mission to meet with Shinzon?

And JJ Trek is an alternate reality without CBS licensing unless JJ grants the rights to use it in STO which would probably cost to much anyway so outta luck but I hear there is something out there to play for those diehard JJ trek fans.......... :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dhamahrdhamahr Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just wondering if we could get more Ferengi Items. I have noticed there is no Energy Whips on the Exchange. I did see some outfits etc but what no Ferengi Weapons!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    State of the game:

Dan ha bragged numerous times that they were finally able to hire a large portion of new devs. It's quite obvious however, that these new devs are either entry level or have very limited experience in the industry. Yes, the graphical and audio portions of LOR are far beyond anything else in the game, but the number of bugs, glitches, and fubars requiring "Emergency patches" and patches for patches proves the experience level.

Hopefully, this can just be explained away as a learning curve with the game engine and just an overall readjustment period.

The game itself is mediocre at best, the gameplay variety is dismal, but it's the only current Star Trek game, and one of the few Space Sim games right now. STo is covered in the stench of death, just like the Federation according to the So'na (Insurrection), that doesn't mean it's dead or even dying, just that there's a lot that needs to change. Unfortunately Cryptic can't see this or refuses to accept it because their precious in-game data" tells them everything is roses and rainbows, yeah well pull your heads out of the sand, it's not.

Poll:

Not sure about anyone else, but personally I picked Voyager, but not for the reasons you think. Kate decided to play Janeway as a much "softer, more emotional" captain than what came before. I've seen her in other movies and if she had played it more tom-boy hardass more often than not, I think the series would have been much better for it. I loved the Intrepid class, loved Checotah, Mostly loved Janeway, tolerated everything else about the show.

I didn't vote Voyager because of what I loved or hated about the show, I voted for it because it's the one that's the most present to the current timeline which has been stagnant for far too long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    STO space is not more than 1% of Alpha quadrant
    http://christopherlbennett.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/mandel-orion-arm-overlay.jpg

so why you need gamma or delta quadrants?

I vote for Romulan Nemesis ( ENT too) uniforms
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060508075361/memoryalpha/pl/images/c/ce/Donatra.jpg
  • johnlemon23johnlemon23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It would be nice to see the Kazon, Krenim Imperium, and even the Talaxian.
  • dhamahrdhamahr Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think it wold be cool to have Delta Quadrant species such as Changelings which would be cool!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While we are at it...can we get more in the way BOff slots we do not have to pay for at rank ups or when we get BOffs freebies at level ups? I think a few of us probably are a little overflowing in candidates and not enough Slots to put them in. I would say at least 6-7 starting out so we can fill in each of the Department Heads and Helm Officer.

Just a thought...
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • bradford86bradford86 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ("Which Trek series' ships, characters, species, and stories, would you most like to see more of in a future STO Expansion?")

Link to the news article.

I think Voyager's story lines... the Delta Quadrant is ready and waiting to be explored by The Fleet. Just like in Voyager we can use the Delta Quadrant to have a whole new Trek experience! (but this time we wont be stranded alone!)
  • bradford86bradford86 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dhamahr wrote: »
    I think it wold be cool to have Delta Quadrant species such as Changelings which would be cool!

changlings were Gamma Quadrant, not Delta
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think Voyager is winning simply because 99.9% of the show took place in the Delta Quadrant.

Voyager was obviously a terrible show that should have been cut after 2 seasons. However it still draws fans simply because it is a part of Star Trek.

Now the reason people are voting for Voyager outside of the die hard fans, is simply content related development. If there are going to be episodes build regarding Voyager, then likely the map will have to be expanded to include parts of the Delta Quadrant that those missions will start at.

DS9 was my personal favorite show and quite simply acting, special effects, and character development the show wins hands down. However DS9 already exists in the game and so does Cardassian Space along with related episodes.

If DS9 wins the poll, then there isn't a guarantee that they will add the Gamma Quadrant since most of DS9 didn't occur in the Gamma Quadrant. I'd say less than 25 episodes actually took place in the Gamma Quadrant.

If Voyager wins, the Delta Quadrant has to be built for it to be done properly, otherwise it will suck. If DS9 wins, they can use assets already in place and therefore limit the new content that we get. I didn't watch Enterprise since it was more likely to be a Quantum Leap into the future, rather than Star Trek. TOS I just couldn't get into after watching the other series. TNG I simply can't remember the episodes outside of the movies.

Vote for Voyager regardless of whether you liked the show or not, simply to get more content and more space.
    pvp = small package
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited July 2013
    dhamahr wrote: »
    Just wondering if we could get more Ferengi Items. I have noticed there is no Energy Whips on the Exchange. I did see some outfits etc but what no Ferengi Weapons!

Ferengi energy whip is a Lobi Store exclusive and its bind on pickup so it will never be on exchange but its only 50 lobi and nice if you are trying to remain in character.

Voyager was obviously a terrible show that should have been cut after 2 seasons. However it still draws fans simply because it is a part of Star Trek.

/snip

hmm since Voyager as more votes than Enterprise,DS9, and TOS combined I think people seem to disagree with the "Voyager was obviously a terrible show" opinion. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lykumlykum Member Posts: 382
    edited July 2013
    I voted STNG because I wanted what we already know and have detailed and expanded upon. a delta quadrant will be nothing but more bare bones content with no immersive or interesting features.
    Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    Ferengi energy whip is a Lobi Store exclusive and its bind on pickup so it will never be on exchange but its only 50 lobi and nice if you are trying to remain in character.

hmm since Voyager as more votes than Enterprise,DS9, and TOS combined I think people seem to disagree with the "Voyager was obviously a terrible show" opinion. :)

Or you could merely read the rest of the post. I voted for Voyager and I hated the show. It is the best way to vote though.
    lykum wrote: »
    I voted STNG because I wanted what we already know and have detailed and expanded upon. a delta quadrant will be nothing but more bare bones content with no immersive or interesting features.

What from TNG is actually recognizable in this game?

Delta Quadrant = DOff missions.
    pvp = small package
  • rangerjimarangerjima Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well given that the next season or two will deal with Delta Quadrant stuff I decided on TNG. More specifically I would like to see the period just before TNG started.
  • lykumlykum Member Posts: 382
    edited July 2013
    What from TNG is actually recognizable in this game?

photon torpedo uhhhh...... hrmm
    Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

DS9 was my personal favorite show and quite simply acting, special effects, and character development the show wins hands down. However DS9 already exists in the game and so does Cardassian Space along with related episodes.

I didn't watch Enterprise since it was more likely to be a Quantum Leap into the future, rather than Star Trek.

I can understand your point of view, but watch it. Seriously, go and watch it. It's perfectly suited to your tastes and I think you'll genuinely love it.

IMHO It was far superior to Voyager and TOS. I was lucky enough to have never seen Quantum Leap so I'd never seen Archer as anything else - but it really is a great story and series.

Give it a chance, 5 episodes *at least* before giving up on it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    topset wrote: »
    I can understand your point of view, but watch it. Seriously, go and watch it. It's perfectly suited to your tastes and I think you'll genuinely love it.

IMHO It was far superior to Voyager and TOS. I was lucky enough to have never seen Quantum Leap so I'd never seen Archer as anything else - but it really is a great story and series.

Give it a chance, 5 episodes *at least* before giving up on it!

I gave it two and a half seasons. It was ****. Pure ****. I laugh at your claim that it was better than TOS and Voyager. It's an insult to TOS. And as for Voyager, despite being the steaming pile it was, it was at least a watchable steaming pile (albeit a warning sign of the crud in Enterprise to follow).

I couldn't even finish watching full episodes with Enterprise. It was a rare occurrence when I did. I couldn't find a single character that I even liked like I have with other Star Treks. But I tried waiting for it to get better, but it just wasn't.

This site pretty much sums up my thoughts on Enterprise: http://www.firsttvdrama.com/enterprise/

The fellow who put together that page was far braver than I to finish most of the episodes to actually write reviews about them and point out where the writers royally ****ed up. ("No, no, build UP the suspense!")
  • lordpage3lordpage3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I defenately think it would rule to play the Voyager experiance..would be awsome....now i wanna play it..lol
  • cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Go Voyager!
This discussion has been closed.