test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

State of the Game: July 2013

Comments

• wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    state of the day:
    surprise surprise.... nothing pvp-related from interview with lead-writer...
  • intrepid482000intrepid482000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Picard, Janeway, Archer (Time Travel Missions), Tom Paris, B'Elanna Torres, Gamma Quadrant, Delta Quadrant, 29th century time ships, USS Enterprise, more pve borg missions...
  • admriojinadmriojin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What i would like is an integrated Rep system, account bound not character bound. but as for expansions i would like voyager because of the voth and of course the borg, because i want a borg cube as a ship. i played in Star Trek Legacy, was fun to play hard to use, but still i want one for game, willing to shell out the $$$ for it. But integrate the damn Rep system so i won't feel that i need to delete myself. also integrate the fleet marks, credits, omega, nukara and so forth, now that will be an amazing news and update. :eek::eek::):cool:
  • andybish1234andybish1234 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I personally would like to see the Red Matter ship from the J.J. Abrams film.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    state of the day:
    afaik nothing pvp-related in priority one's podcast
  • birkepbirkep Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The particulars are not as important as what you get from it. The game desperately needs VA content. What do you do after you have maxed out your rep? Why do you need to buy expensive gear when there are no new mountains to climb? The is especially true of EV Suits. You have done Nukara hards hundereds of times before the top gear unlocks.

For dev ideas one needs to look at the things people are doing. Some people like Doffing, while others grind thru one STF after another, even doing Hive. The No-Win has gotten the interest of others. This content needs to be expanded into another progression with worthy rewards, and yes, even some grind.

I would like to see a VA get the option to branch into a specialty for additional advancement. There could be career options similar to the doff specialties, with each granting some special gear and ability.

It would also be nice if the story lines would truly branch into different areas, like a fed captain could join Section 31, a mirror universe, or a new splinter group like the Maquis. Romulans could join the Tal Shiar. Klingons could have a diplomatic route.
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    DS9 won

Enterprise failed ... :(

I will stipulate the Long live the TRIBBLE for the moment.

Well done, I just suppose it was more feasible all along.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • northrimnorthrim Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think it would be great if the Voth (the saurian species that evolved from Hadrosaur, VOY s3e23) were introduced into sto.
    The large part of their society could have changed their minds about "The Doctrine" since 2373 and could have accepted the "Distant Origin Theory".

The Voth are capeable of Transwarp and have developed very advanced technology. They could show up in the alpha quadrant because they became curious about their "human relatives".

The Voth could be a very powerful ally for the powers of the alpha and beta quadrant when it comes to direct confrontation with the Iconinas. I think it would be pretty epic to see the two spacefaring species that have evolved on earth flying into battle side by side. Separated by millions of years but unified in defence against the demons of air and darkness.
  • renarcenerenarcene Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I want a Voyager interior pack (long overdue along with the Galaxy pack), and a Warship Voyager LRSV Retrofit. I know it sounds corny, but I've always wanted a Talaxian cook & an Ocampan nurse...:D
    I like my Sci guy & I like my Sci ship & that's that.
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really don't want anything from what was argueably the worst star trek series of all time. Well we can get that terrible hairdo janeway had and have even uglier women running around sto.
  • alexsanderitaalexsanderita Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    State of the Game: July 2013: BROKEN. By last patch, 7/25.

Many people simply cannot play at all because game won't work.

It doesn't load, crashes or kick out.

And after about ten topics in support forum and I can only imagine how many tickets, still no word.

Try say it's not important...
    I really don't want anything from what was argueably the worst star trek series of all time.

I agree on the overall judgement, as most do. But "anything", well, isn't it too much?

The Voth* are a very good suggestion. So the Voyager interiors.

In fact, if these would turn out to be the only VOY things truly requested,
    adding that single species and ship interior would take much lesser time to add then an entire series-related content.

*Note to devs about the Voth:

if you're to add them, add them, not some not-canon variation as that suggested above.

The Voth we know follow the Doctrine, sentence.

No need to mess with the lore of another iconic trek species.

You did that enough with the Klingons (adding any other "bad guy" to their side)
    and Romulans (creating a Republic instead of the Empire).

You did that for good reasons: KDF players deserved some species variety and the Empire was already in crisis in canon.

But you have no valid reason to mess with the Voth, leave them as they are.

Given something new HAS to be added, it would be a good idea to have a group of "heretic" Voth
    who secretly fight to preserve the Distant Origin Theory.
    and it would be very cool to play same kind of secret missions to support them as a Fed.
    Well we can get that terrible hairdo janeway had and have even uglier women running around sto.

You said that because you must have not seen my main char. :D

That problem has nothing to do with the parts available rather than the lack of imagination and effort by many players.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
  • beardednun82beardednun82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i have never b4 said anything in this game was over powered...in fact i think most things are under powered ...but i have been running into tavaros that never decloak and are able to hit all sorts of torpedoes and mines all over the place ...now i own a belray bird of prey and i can do the same but when i fire i decloak for like 3 sec....thye never declaok ...i have friends who also have this ship and they say on there screen they dont even decloak..and they have more hull than the belrey and dont decloak to fire torps and mines AGAIN i never b4 said anything was op but either nerf the tavaro and give TRIBBLE hull like the belray or actually improve the rest of the ships in the game to be as powered as the tavaro
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    renarcene wrote: »
    I want a Voyager interior pack (long overdue along with the Galaxy pack), and a Warship Voyager LRSV Retrofit. I know it sounds corny, but I've always wanted a Talaxian cook & an Ocampan nurse...:D

You may get your wish I think year ago Dan Stahl mentioned he wanted to do a Voyager Pack since a Original Series and Ds9 pack is out. I would prefer TNG or maybe a MU pack first.

MU Pack would have MU Hull skin so we can have the terran empire emblazoned on the hull,
    Terran Empire Bridge for MU ships only if you have the TOS bridge set you can have the MU version of that as well.
    Room with Agony booth on engineering deck (Maybe have a Doff in there for failing a mission lol)

I for one would pay for the above
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wintersknifewintersknife Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Voyager would be the best option in my opinion. There was a bunch of species that were introduced that had some awesome looking ships. Would love to see some more ship designs for Federation ships that go outside the box. The big Saucer ships are awesome but I would love to see some new directions.

Maybe a new contest that allowed to design a new flag ship for each faction for the exploration? You got some talented players do lefts see what they could come up with.:D
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    State of the Game: July 2013: BROKEN. By last patch, 7/25.

Many people simply cannot play at all because game won't work.

It doesn't load, crashes or kick out.

And after about ten topics in support forum and I can only imagine how many tickets, still no word.

Try say it's not important...

I agree on the overall judgement, as most do. But "anything", well, isn't it too much?

The Voth* are a very good suggestion. So the Voyager interiors.

In fact, if these would turn out to be the only VOY things truly requested,
    adding that single species and ship interior would take much lesser time to add then an entire series-related content.

*Note to devs about the Voth:

if you're to add them, add them, not some not-canon variation as that suggested above.

The Voth we know follow the Doctrine, sentence.

No need to mess with the lore of another iconic trek species.

You did that enough with the Klingons (adding any other "bad guy" to their side)

You did that for good reasons: KDF players deserved some species variety and the Empire was already in crisis in canon.

But you have no valid reason to mess with the Voth, leave them as they are.

Given something new HAS to be added, it would be a good idea to have a group of "heretic" Voth
    who secretly fight to preserve the Distant Origin Theory.
    and it would be very cool to play same kind of secret missions to support them as a Fed.

That problem has nothing to do with the parts available rather than the lack of imagination and effort by many players.

Yawn. DO what you like Cryptic, but make some decent endgame content. Who even said it will be the Voth anyway? Have they announced it?

Im not going out of my way to troll here, but seriously, who died and made you the representative for what everyone wants? There isn't even very much background on the Voth, they were in one episode. So don't start throwing around the word 'iconic', because its incorrect.

"That problem has nothing to do with the parts available rather than the lack of imagination and effort by many players" - If you are talking about the current topic with this phrase, you really need to pull your head out of your backside. I don't want to imagine all my endgame content, i want Cryptic to build it for me. That's what developers do. Regardless of the 'precious' canon. They are allowed to change things you know, there is no rulebook saying everything must stay exactly the same.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • ccmurphyccmurphy Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2013

the klingons always had a empire, with an empire comes concurred people, so of course that means other "Bad guys" join there side, there servants of the empire.

As for the RR there roots can be traced back to the hidden unification movement that spock started on Romulus. witch was shown on tng, so it could be said that it is cannon. besides it's been shown in history when and empire brakes up the remnants of the empire, but also several smaller pieces, with some building republics, kingdoms, and ect.

i for one like what they did with the RR, a new romulan faction that wont put a knife in your back when you least expect it, just so they could take over your command. and with the RR dose not mean that they wont have a tal siar faction in the future, or set a future mission that allows you to split from the RR.
  • raeatraeat Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about something that is not just dps?

Oh wait! You decimated the Tour of the Universe. So much for speed builds.

I guess wanting some Trek in this game is too much to ask.
  • isee1isee1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd like to propose a slightly different idea. I'd like to see "civilian" classes. like merchants, traders, mercenaries, etc. It's a side of the trek universe that I would love to explore.
    edited July 2013
    caldannach wrote: »
    Im not going out of my way to troll here, but

Oh, I know there was a "but" you're going to... :rolleyes:
    seriously, who died and made you the representative for what everyone wants?

Nobody but you.

Sure I did not, maybe you should learn to read before posting yourself.
    I did not said that.
    Never said "I'm the advocate of all here".

I just suggested what I would like to see in my opinion, like everyone else.

If you see things that are not real,
    or are unable to understand the simple mechanics of a FORUM,

please use some courtesy and take remedy first to troll others.

If what I said sounded so appealing and threatening to yours, use your arguments.
    There isn't even very much background on the Voth, they were in one episode. So don't start throwing around the word 'iconic', because its incorrect.

The Guardian of Forever was in one episode and we have lesser background about that
    and it wasn't even a species, but a time machine/artificial intelligence.

Still, it's not only the most renown episode of The Original Series,

but a Star Trek ICON itself,

with the shot of it being widely used all over the world as a representation of the whole IP.

So your argument is invalid. :cool:

But if it is so disturbing for you the use of this term, I will pass on it for love of peace and your wellness.

Just chill out....
    "That problem has nothing to do with the parts available rather than the lack of imagination and effort by many players" - If you are talking about the current topic with this phrase, you really need to pull your head out of your backside. I don't want to imagine all my endgame content, i want Cryptic to build it for me. That's what developers do. Regardless of the 'precious' canon. They are allowed to change things you know, there is no rulebook saying everything must stay exactly the same.

Nothing about that, you missed the topic entirely. We can skip this rant at same amount.

It was a nice joke answering to another one, both about the APPEARANCE OF FEMALE CHARS.

CaptainBailey wrote:
    Well we can get that terrible hairdo janeway had and have even uglier women running around sto.

And I answered:

It was all quoted, I basically copied the post,

anyone would have seen the two lines and understood the topic,
    and the meaning of such a simple joke should not need further explanations,

but I know, there ARE people who simply cannot understand... :rolleyes:

HINT: If you admitedly did not understood what the topic was, don't troll with a rant about other completely unrelated stuff.
    I still dream from time to time about using the Gateway to doff off-game in spare minutes as we were told
    edited July 2013
    @ccmurphy:

About non-Klingons in the KDF:

I cannot recall the Enterprise being boarded by a party of "Klingons" who were half:

Gorn, Lithian, Orion girls (bleachened) :confused:

...pseudo-humans/insert ANY species here (from ANY sci-fi or fantasy work) (realized with alien gen). :eek:

Or, to answer your argument, ANY alien species at all.

I cannot because it never aired.

When Klingons appeared, KLINGONS appeared, sentence.
    The only subject species seen were mining on Rura Pente.
    It's said they had some, but they were not shown figthing side by side with their masters.

And IF only you know just a little of trek and Klingons (which you show not to) it wouldn't take much to understand.

Fighting is what give a Klingon HONOR.

It's the most important thing for them, more than their life itself. They die for it.
    They want it for them.
    They don't leave the most valuable, yet intangible, resource to others, let alone subject species.

Those can extract raw materials, because "our ships need dilithium!"

That's why when the Klingons fight, you see Klingons fighting their enemies,
    and not someone else on their place,
    which would be the worst thing possibile for a true Klingon.

That's why when they boarded the Enterprise in the movie, they were Klingons, not the subject species.

SIMPLIFIED:

I too liked what they did with KDF and RR, I said it was necessary for the game and the best if not only thing possible to do.

But it is not canon, it is a creative liberty, and with Klingons it is even against, if not the letter, at least the *spirit* of the canon in sacrifice for playability.

IN CONCLUSION:

It's ok you take some liberties on a licensed game, and I already said I'm agree on the necessity of this one,

and I like play my Orion (strictly canonical and green) :P

but that is, a liberty, don't sell it as pseudo-canon, because it is not canon. :cool:
    edited July 2013
    THEN, to go next:
    raeat wrote: »
    How about something that is not just dps?

Oh wait! You decimated the Tour of the Universe. So much for speed builds.

I guess wanting some Trek in this game is too much to ask.

I guess wanting to play this game after days it's broken is too much to ask..... :rolleyes:
    edited July 2013
    @ccmurphy:

About non-Klingons in the KDF:

I cannot recall the Enterprise being boarded by a party of "Klingons" who were half:

Gorn, Lithian, Orion girls (bleachened) :confused:

...pseudo-humans/insert ANY species here (from ANY sci-fi or fantasy work) (realized with alien gen). :eek:

Or, to answer your argument, ANY alien species at all.

I cannot because it never aired.

When Klingons appeared, KLINGONS appeared, sentence.
    The only subject species seen were mining on Rura Pente.
    It's said they had some, but they were not shown figthing side by side with their masters.

And IF only you know just a little of trek and Klingons (which you show not to) it wouldn't take much to understand.

Fighting is what give a Klingon HONOR.

It's the most important thing for them, more than their life itself. They die for it.
    They want it for them.
    They don't leave the most valuable, yet intangible, resource to others, let alone subject species.

Those can extract raw materials, because "our ships need dilithium!"

That's why when the Klingons fight, you see Klingons fighting their enemies,
    and not someone else on their place,
    which would be the worst thing possibile for a true Klingon.

That's why when they boarded the Enterprise in the movie, they were Klingons, not the subject species.

SIMPLIFIED:

I too liked what they did with KDF and RR, I said it was necessary for the game and the best if not only thing possible to do.

But it is not canon, it is a creative liberty, and with Klingons it is even against, if not the letter, at least the *spirit* of the canon in sacrifice for playability.

IN CONCLUSION:

It's ok you take some liberties on a licensed game, and I already said I'm agree on the necessity of this one,

and I like play my Orion (strictly canonical and green) :P

but that is, a liberty, don't sell it as pseudo-canon, because it is not canon. :cool:

i've been watching trek as long as i can remember. it's driving me nuts now that there is not any new ep coming out, and that there in not a new series. i know that the highest thing to a Klingon is battle, dieing in battle, and there songs of great battle past. (Kinda reminds me of TV vikings). i was just giving an example why the devs could have done what they did.

it was the same with the RR, i know what the Romulan star empire was like, i'm a writer and my best characters act like Romulans of the empire. killing each other to get position, killing a subordinate of disobeying you or for failing at a task you gave them, all very romulan.

tell the truth, i never liked the Klingon, only Klingon i ever liked was a half bread that acted more human then Klingon
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited July 2013
    Or better yet, 'Why does the Tour of the Universe need a 4hr cooldown when it's only a 1 hour tour AND you only hold the event once every 15 hours?":confused:
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Because DS9 won, and there is nothing to do to get ENT, the better option, a higher vote,

can I suggest something.

An event or STF, with 20 - 30 people having to defend DS9 .... from an awesome enemy! :D:):cool:
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I want them to add a few sector blocks for the Gamma Quadrant(needless to say this will necessitate travel through the wormhole. :D)

Then again I voted for DS9 hoping to eventually get a Dominion faction. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Or better yet, 'Why does the Tour of the Universe need a 4hr cooldown when it's only a 1 hour tour AND you only hold the event once every 15 hours?":confused:

I guess they were upset that some people were able to run it twice in an hour
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited July 2013

has it not been like that for years ? , it has while I have been playing for well over a year
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
    edited July 2013
    State of the Game: July 2013: STILL BROKEN BY 7/25 "Patch". No word to customers.
    edited August 2013

or it could be because someone on the team read that people were doing one length of the race, dropping it and restarting it for more money. though if that were the case they should have only put the cool down it if you drop it in the middle of the race, similar to pve content.
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited August 2013
    ccmurphy wrote: »
    or it could be because someone on the team read that people were doing one length of the race, dropping it and restarting it for more money. though if that were the case they should have only put the cool down it if you drop it in the middle of the race, similar to pve content.

i have been on STO for a little over 10 months, and in that time completed the full tour some 67-70 times, only quitting when they nerfed the ability to complete the tour even once, which must have upset their intent to block repeated racing and shorter route exploits. That single act alone led the less scrupulous players to find such loopholes and maximize profits (from the avg 1.3 mil up to almost 4 mil ec per hour) even further.

i cannot help they could not figure out a way to code out the ability to collect more ec than they intended to dole out without pooching the entire event for every member, but this has gone a long way from enhancing a players experience by giving them a chance to improve at a more comfortable rate than other events, that is your loss for not discovering it.

i feel cheated as i always followed the preferred map route to gain my ec and earned enough to boost my ship to be able to finish it in under 17 minutes, so i could do 3.2 tours per event, once a week. now i don't race at all but it will now take me a week to earn as much in 4-6 hrs of racing as i used to make in 1 hr. my fast ship has now been retired to the mothball fleet as i see no further use for it, that is unless you want to purchase it for an astronomical amount.

Hey a captain has to make a living! Hope you enjoy grinding more each day to eek out a measily pennance for your toiling.
This discussion has been closed.