What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

State of the Game: July 2013

Comments

• Options
    soriedemsoriedem Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i've been wanting to see the vaudwaur in game for a long time now ... I'm just saying dragon's teeth is awesome.
  • Options
    trinitycompletedtrinitycompleted Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Does movies 2-6 count as TOS? The eras were so distinctly different they should probably be split.
    Don't phaze me, bro!
  • Options
    defiance1701defiance1701 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The most anticipated starship that I have gotten the most votes for and thumbs up that people including myself would like to see in STO, would be JJ Abrams USS Enterprise NCC 1701. There has been alot of talk about having the ship in game and I too would personally love to see this ship featured. You will defiantly see me fly around in it as would many others that are wanting this ship.
  • Options
    alexea2alexea2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would really love to see a story/foundry mission based on the VOY episode "Night". I think it could have been expanded so much more, but im not sure if it would work on STO
  • Options
    chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lol at all the butthurt at the front page, wow some people have no life...
  • Options
    stoodoggstoodogg Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the voth, from the delta quadrant. still think the xindi should be in the game though. seem rather absent for what was such a historic thing. no temporal cold war in sto?
    Panel member, Tribbles In Ecstasy
  • Options
    hargbokhargbok Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why cant we have the enterprise from the new movie? ffs id pay through the teeth to have that enterprise i really love that design. Not sure why the new movies werent included or the option to choose old/new movie era? lol wth
    Darmok and jalad at tenegra
  • Options
    kaluti87kaluti87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I know we're talking about stories, races, and ships, but I would love to see the Enterprise series MACO uniform and weapons added. maybe even add the stun baton as a new melee weapon.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd like to see something done with "Conspiracy" from the first season of TNG. It ended on a such a suspenseful note that it disappointed me that it was left hanging.
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hargbok wrote: »
    Why cant we have the enterprise from the new movie? ffs id pay through the teeth to have that enterprise i really love that design. Not sure why the new movies werent included or the option to choose old/new movie era? lol wth

Explained numerous times. CBS does not own the right to any of the new JJ movies and as such, Cryptic/PWE don't have rights to it.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    dogmaticusdogmaticus Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Temporal Cold War is just an amazing idea for a tory arch and an update in general.

In the voting I was torn between DS9 and ENT, in the end went for DS9, because this was by far the most engaging series from the political and social point of view.

But Temporal Cold War would be amazing - it has almost endless possibilities for stories, ships, costumes.

Whatever happens PLEASE don't go into the Voyager direction. I can't understand why people love this series so much. I'm gonna seriously need to watch it again - maybe I was in a wrong place in my life when I watched it and I didn't really enjoy it that much? ;) Or maybe it's because I watched it after DS9, and let's face it - DS9 was totally cool.

Anyway - Voyager - NO!, Anything else - yes please :) (with the emphasize on ENT and DS9... then again I loved TNG, and TOS is creme de la creme of Star Trek... more Bones!... ummm I guess I'm trying to say that I'm gonna love anything you guys will add ;)... anything but Voyager ;) ).
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    askray wrote: »
    Explained numerous times. CBS does not own the right to any of the new JJ movies and as such, Cryptic/PWE don't have rights to it.

Can we please use the full name of this figure that I came to REALLY dislike after the "Into Darkness" Incident, also known as "Space Balls 2: The Parody of Khan"? So not JJ, but Jar Jar Abrams...

And it's great that CBS, and therefore PWE/Cryptic don't have rights to that thingy... the TOS Connie actually looks more modern than the one from Jar Jar's movies... she's more sleek, elegant, a masterpiece of Sci-fi desing.
  • Options
    amtrak503amtrak503 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For me it would be a tie between voyager and DS9 but I would love to see the voyager bridge, engineering, sickbay, cargo bays, corridors, type 9 shuttle and the delta flyer, all from Voyager on STO it would make for a great bundle in the zen store. maby it's something that can be added soon.

-Mike Presson-:D
    OMG I am still single, and I am a nerd and a trekkie and I chase trains is that wrong?

I am also known as DJ_FreightTrain on eve radio.

proud member of Temporal Integrity Commission (TIC Fleet) in STO.:)
  • Options
    sunboy8850sunboy8850 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Speaking of Voyager in STO, how about pulling some of the tricorder puzzles and such from Elite Force? If I were in Star Trek, I'd be a science officer, but science missions in STO are all point, click, and go, with no meat to them. Combat was only a small part of Star Trek. The science in STO feels as if it's been tacked on as an afterthought.

Exploration and discovery need to be more challenging and more rewarding.

And there need to be some Federation Lock Boxes. I play Feds exclusively. It's a waste of money for me to open a lock box and get nothing but plasma weapons and disruptors. How about this: Have an option that a player can choose a race-specific reward or a random reward.
  • Options
    dash90sdash90s Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kaluti87 wrote: »
    I know we're talking about stories, races, and ships, but I would love to see the Enterprise series MACO uniform and weapons added. maybe even add the stun baton as a new melee weapon.

I reckon STO has done a good job at shoring up support for the value of The Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager. Those many hours we all spent watching the show has not been forgotten, but respected and inputted into making the Star Trek Online Universe something altogether more real for fans.

Besides the USS Kelvin which was a great design (and best 10 minutes of the two films) the rebooted Abrams films haven't really added anything to Star Trek. Rather, they have taken from what already existed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeyLm-pLVm4
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,506 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I voted for Voyager, but with the stipulation that the Delta Quadrant itself is introduced into the game for exploration. I'd like to see the Gamma Quadrant brought into the game to explore, too.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    danomanning0123danomanning0123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't know about anybody else but, I would like to go back in time and stop the DNA bomb, or fly into a Sphere Anomaly, or just fight the Xindi Weapon. [Or plays as the Xindi???] But as you can already tell, I'm for the Enterprise series, they cut off with the "Alternate Universe" and finally are thinking of setting it back up again!!! I just want to add in a lot of twists and turns to it.

P.S.Would it be too much asking to have a cut-scene to see the Federation forming conference? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    wulfman2ndwulfman2nd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Voted for DS9, but it was a close call for me between DS9 and Voyager.
    These two shows still have quite a bit to offer in terms of new STO Options.
  • Options
    razorback12razorback12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Playable Breen
  • Options
    kurayamlkurayaml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Definitely Voyager! The Delta Quadrant would be awesome to explore, seeing how the Kazon evolved etc. And I'd like to see admiral Janeway! Hell, I DEMAND admiral Janeway!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kurayaml wrote: »
    Definitely Voyager! The Delta Quadrant would be awesome to explore, seeing how the Kazon evolved etc. And I'd like to see admiral Janeway! Hell, I DEMAND admiral Janeway!

No, no Janeway, please. Of all 2D, annoying characters in the history of sci-fi - let's not get Janeway into the game... even Neelix would be better (yeah, yeah, I know... but I really didn't like her ;) ).
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Playable Breen

or Horta! playable Horta would be something! :D I loved the Horta ensign that served on NCC1701 in Rihannsu :D.
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nice to see that there out there so many ST. Voyager lovers out there it's an honor to see it !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    mighound2mighound2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Series? There's still so much you can cover in TOS/TMP era. First Federation, what happened to them? The Organians, where are they? Talos IV. We have Rigelian characters, in game... ummm, where's their home world? It's no where on the map. Rigel was a Major star system in Trek, with multiple inhabited worlds.

Ships? again, TOS/TMP. Bringing in the Vesta opens a lot of doors. Why not the vessel classes from the old Starfleet Technical Manual. Hermes, Saladin, Ptolemy & Federation Classes, plus their TMP refit counterparts. ...and how about TMP era ship interiors?

Pets? One word. "Porthos".
  • Options
    prophecythirteenprophecythirteen Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So another Rep to grind... bleh.

I don't know how to up-vote your comment so I am doing so via the quote and reply function.
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ENT is now a failure.

All hail ... suuu .... suppre .... supreme ... champion ...

D

D

D

d9

DS

DS9

They said improvements to the rep system. It may turn account wide! :D
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd like to see something done with "Conspiracy" from the first season of TNG. It ended on a such a suspenseful note that it disappointed me that it was left hanging.

This. This right here.

Forget the 'oh, well, they were servants of the Borg' stuff that some of the production staff of TNG spouted when they decided that 'invasion by parasites controlling Starfleet officers' wasn't good enough for Star Trek. (Not going to mention that other company's series that got seven or eight seasons out of the concept, nope, nope, nope...)

Forget the book "Renegade genetically-altered Trills" idea.

In Conspiracy, they claim to be from beyond this galaxy. It's been almost fifty years, at the very least a 'forward base' group should be following the 'advance scouts' that were defeated in Conspiracy by now...

I like the idea that your closest friends and staunchest advocate in the Admiralty today could be the ones you have to watch out for tomorrow. It provides just the right level of paranoia in a galaxy at war (Something that, admit it or not, Cryptic, the Undine just haven't brought to the game despite being shapeshifters.)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about an unaffiliated race/character where you do not take sides and instead work as a freelance smuggler/pirate/mercenary/bounty hunter/freighter captain? We already have the mercenary clothing and stuff. I'd like to see more original non-aligned ships in the game than simply rehashing the ships and races we've already seen.

Besides, there's not really good explanation for delta quad races to even be in the game. So most of the Voyager stuff would be out. Expanded Cardassian/Dominion/Breen stuff would be nice, too. A new Dominion invasion with updated ships, etc. would be nice.
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kaluti87 wrote: »

I could support this - it would be great for Tactical players, allow them to be ground troops like ENT MACOs or some of the troops seen in DS9 episodes instead of just 'shipboard security'.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    siryphassiryphas Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I actually would like to see more stuff from the movie reboots. Like the Federation Battleship from Into Darkness. Or the Klingon uniforms from the same film.
This discussion has been closed.