Comments

• Options
    casperdudesdcasperdudesd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    it may be fixed for now?
  • Options
    logos1326logos1326 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No still bad. Man, hadn't played this since launch and was really getting into it, loving the changes, but this is bad. Giving up for now.. DC'd three times in a one hour period, with constant lag and server not responding messages the bit I was able to get in. Not even doing anything just a patrol mission and standing around at space dock.
  • Options
    oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've been having these issues since LoR launch. It's been my one big problem since then, and rather frustrating.
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• Options
    majorstormmajorstorm Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    well another day gone by and it seems to have gotten worse. Game is completely unplayable now with everything teleporting everywhere. Hopefully tonight's patch fixes this issue otherwise this is unplayable.
  • Options
    auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is Cryptic aware of this major problem and will they acknowledge it?!?
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is a stupid question but why is all of this affecting this game only it seems or PWE games in general from what I hear.

My Internet does appear to run fine so why is it with the game?
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    mfischetti725mfischetti725 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Having the same problem for the last two days, at first it was just some rubber banding in missions but today once I log in the server stops responding right away, completely unplayable. Running Verizon FIOS
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well update...forget game lag...now my launcher either just pops up white or it does pop up and I type my user name and password and it just sticks with an empty patching line.

I tried to log in before the servers went down today for updates.

It's just so strange I logged in fine yesterday at around 11:00 p.m. with lag of course and today at 8:00 a.m. I can't even get in the game.

Hopefully this patch will fix it. My Internet really does appear to be fine as I'm opening multiple webpages on multiple browsers on multiple machines.

It just appears now that the STO launcher is also laggy as heck. Very frustrated seeing as how I'm so close to the Risa Corvette and even more importantly I've spend thousands of dollars in the game and my fleet in general.

Update...after trying like 20 times loading and closing it loading and closing it...45 minutes before server down I got in. /net graph is showing 118-200. Will have to monitor.
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Luckily, I got my corvette the day before yesterday. And, indeed, it was around 11 AM yesterday that my game started rubberbanding, disconnecting and such.

Verizon tested my internet and I have good numbers. Obviously, it isn't our computers :)

Can the patch possibly fix this?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Not sure if it can. Right now I don't even know if it's Verizon's problem or Cryptics. Here is what the latest patch will do:

General:

Added a message for when a recipients mailbox is full and when there are too many items in it. This will display if:
    The recipient has 200 emails in their mailbox.
    The recipient has 20 emails in their mailbox with an item attached.
    Emails that originate from the Exchange, a mission or other game systems are not included in these totals.
    The maximum number of auctions that a player can have active on the Exchange at any given time is 40.
    This limit is reduced by one for every returned auction email that is in the player's mailbox.
    New French and German localizations have been added.
    Server stability updates.

The last one "Server stabililty updates" is what I care about the most...don't know if that's really something or just a general statement they make on every patch...

I am finding it very odd though that it was all Verizon customers complaining on this forum. My fleet members had no problems yesterday other than two like me using Verizon. Today, no one I spoke to in my fleet had any issues loading into the game. I have not changed any settings on my computer so I'm a little confused to all of it.

We should all wait and see what happens after the patch and then start posting and keeping this thread alive to see what the general consensus is.
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I want to keep this post alive, definitely! Do the Cryptic folks go over these threads at all? It'd be nice to hear from the higher-ups, even if it's just acknowledging our problem.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't believe for a second that Cryptic actually does server stability updates, otherwise the game wouldn't feel so underperforming. I don't think they've ever mentioned what they actually were either. They probably just add it in patch notes to give the impression to players that they're actually working on something.
  • Options
    ridantonridanton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just for something and giggles, I re-ran the nettest app while the server was down for maintenance... The results were... well take a look and compare to my previous post.

contacting nettest server..
    Local IP: TRIBBLE.TRIBBLE.TRIBBLE.TRIBBLE
    Ping: 32.3 msec
    Port: 80: 1298 KB/sec 49 KB/sec 1375 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 1314 KB/sec 52 KB/sec 1393 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 1080 KB/sec 44 KB/sec 1154 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 1112 KB/sec 48 KB/sec 1195 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 1084 KB/sec 44 KB/sec 1163 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 1098 KB/sec 44 KB/sec 1169 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 1101 KB/sec 44 KB/sec 1171 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 1096 KB/sec 44 KB/sec 1171 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 1091 KB/sec 44 KB/sec 1167 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7202: 1093 KB/sec 44 KB/sec 1170 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 1066 KB/sec 45 KB/sec 1138 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7499: 1093 KB/sec 44 KB/sec 1168 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 1328 KB/sec 52 KB/sec 1409 KB/sec 500
    Idle NIC bandwidth Send: 0 KB/sec Recv: 0 KB/sec
    hit return to exit

Well now I'm really confounded. I was fairly convinced it was an issue with Verizon but if it were just a Verizon problem I don't see why the results would be so different when testing. Assuming nettest connects to Cryptic servers, the difference between testing while under load and under maintenance is astounding. It also makes me wonder if it really is some issue over at Cryptic, maybe they've taken a disliking to Verizon?
  • Options
    johnny1051johnny1051 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    North East US Verizon Fios user, had some lag Tuesday night, but last night it took me almost 30 minutes just to log in, rubberband around and get kicked 45 minutes later. This morning around 8AM EST wasn't too bad at all, in on first log in attempt, I hope after the update today it gets better...Really close to that Risian Corvette.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not having any trouble on Tribble but I dont know where that server is hosted
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Update for me here in New Jersey. My down/up speed while not being the 30/30 that I pay for is holding steady at 25/25.

After this patch I have been able to log in fine. A little slow loading in at first where it shows the Legacy of Romulus logo but once in the game it seemed fine.

I was at ESD, The Vault and a fleet action. Ping on netgraph was also holding steady at around 140-180 (spiked maybe to 200-230 at times) which isn't bad for me.

But definitely night and day difference from yesterday where my ship was stop and go.
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Guardians

• Options
    ridantonridanton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Back to report: The game is back to playable, though still getting the occasional hiccup. I did manage to run all my characters through the Flying High mission. Here's to hoping the speeds hold.
  • Options
    johnny1051johnny1051 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Update for me here in New Jersey. My down/up speed while not being the 30/30 that I pay for is holding steady at 25/25.

Thanks for the update grayfoxjames! I also hail from NJ and look forward to getting back in game tonight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    netgraph is showing slightly better pings and while there are still intermittent lag spikes its not as bad.

it's worse in the evenings because people come home and turn on the netflix.

maybe verizon and/or cogent and/or netflix has changed their routing to relieve the interconnect congestion, but I havent seen any news reports yet. cryptic's patch server is still taking the same route as yesterday so that hasn't changed any.
  • Options
    fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the game was running fine for me until todays patch.I keep getting time out error at "choose your character" screen.I also have verizon fios and don't think the problem is with them. time 3:38pm ,northern VA.:mad:
  • Options
    edbohagenedbohagen Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's not just Verizon, I'm on a BT subsidiary ISP in the UK and I've been getting all this for a couple of weeks now.
    And now after the downtime, the launcher won't even update, let alone patch the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm happy to say that after the disaster of yesterday, I can now play the game again with no problems. I certainly was not going to switch my service from Verizon FIOS to play this game and I'm glad I didn't have to stop laying ST:O.

I hope other folks who experienced or are experiencing problems have their issues resolved as soon as possible.
  • Options
    spectpspectp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the patch fixed my lag issue completely. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well it seemed all well after the patch but after a short while of play the connection deteriorated again. Here's hoping for the second 'patch' to fix things...
  • Options
    sharpeyhihsharpeyhih Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Constantly getting d/c'ed from the server.

Thinking I'll play SWTOR till it's fixed :(
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Un freakin' believable. Game was working fine yesterday. This morning the lag is even worse. It's just on and off.

If you're having problems, keep this thread alive. This NEEDS to be addressed.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    spectp wrote: »
    the patch fixed my lag issue completely. :)

correlation is not causation

the lag is because the link between Verizon and Cogent is overloaded. There's nothing in the game that says "oh this guy is on Verizon lets lag him"
  • Options
    dranaldranal Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is anyone in-game? I've started the launcher, patched the files and it still won't load. At one point I got an "Error 36" that said there was a file that was locked and could not be written to.

Now, it just says "patching" and appears to do nothing.

Is the launcher broken?

VERY frustrating. This is starting to get as bad as "Heroes in the Sky." :(
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Everything seems to be back to normal for me since the latest downtime... lets see if it stays this way over the weekend >_>
  • Options
    z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am also having this issue along with 5 to 10 disconnects, Rubber banding, Massive lag, All on a I5 gaming computer. I talked with perfect would tech support by phone twice since the game completely crashed. They said they would send a spec. to look into it since their policy is 100% gamer satisfaction and 100% game stability.

Being a gold member this is frustrating you think I would have priority over some free to play silver guy.