Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 18, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tom40s wrote: »
    I can not find any post about drops but when I am in STF's I have asked players if they are have a problem picking up some of the loot(drops) and a lot of people have said yes, so when doing the patch today can you guys look into why some loot can not be picked up? This has been going on for a while now I am surprised nothing has been said about it.

Working as intended :D
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wot ever happened to fixing bugs?
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    scorpius999scorpius999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i hope they fixed some other bugs like the boxship bug that i can buy the carrierpets of the tholian carrier

its bull**** i have a wonderfull ship and i cant use it because i cant buy the tholian carrier pets with the errormessage "tholian recluse carrier not owned"
  • Options
    cameltoe02cameltoe02 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can we please get a special inventory for our pets? I'm running out of room :/
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't think so , there are drops in stfs that you cannot pick up it was not always like this but its has happened over tha last few up dates I can not be the only one who sees this I have talked to other players and they have problems picking up things too, my inventory is not full this needs to be checked in to.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We need some more inventory options, definitely some way to store pets and vanity items.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cameltoe02 wrote: »
    Can we please get a special inventory for our pets? I'm running out of room :/

Especially for Tribbles. Because the special Tribbles are character bound, so i cannot put them in the account bank or on my BO's. If i put them in my bank, then there are drinking my ale and the ketracel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Alcoholic tribbles
  • Options
    stee1maxstee1max Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will this update include the new Carrier Command Interface 2.0 feature?
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Especially for Tribbles. Because the special Tribbles are character bound, so i cannot put them in the account bank or on my BO's. If i put them in my bank, then there are drinking my ale and the ketracel.

They should make a special crate that takes one slot in our inventory that can contain as many unique tribbles as possible. Allow us to right click on it and select which tribble we wish to use, and then afterwards be able to right click the crate again and put the tribble back in there.

Kinda got this idea from my SWG days where the devs made a crate to hold Village tokens.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That may be true but the mail and exchange system wasn't designed to circumvent the limitations set in place on how many doffs you can have. The best thing to do would be to suggest they create some sort of account doff bank where you can store unused doffs and transfer them to other characters without having to mail them to yourself. But even if they added such a system it would still have a limit on the amount you could store. And for "doffers" it STILL wouldn't be enough to satisfy you. The problem is you guys insist on finding ways to have unlimited storage when there is no such thing.

Personally I would consider unintended storage of doffs/boffs/items an exploit. Not much different than a foundry author finding a way to give players a chance to gain large amounts of dilithium in a short amount of time, circumventing the system limitations set in place.

If you can't handle the limitations, perhaps ya'all should just find another game that has none.

I agree with what Cryptic is doing and try to understand their reasons. I just think they're going about it the wrong way not giving players time to find a way to stay within the confines of the limitations that are intended.

You are giving lectures on circumventing limitations when you don't even know the max # of doff slots one can have yet. Get there, then tell us what you think is appropriate. As for us, we've had max slots a good long time, and have a much better grasp on the situation. Thanks for the "pro-tips" but we don't need em. It's posts like this that railroad every legitimate complaint players bring to the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Aaaaaaaaand once again, no fix to the new KDF/KDF-Rom chars lockout!
    And you wonder why only 20% of the people play KDF? :rolleyes: It's sad and hillarious at the same time.

You guys really need to reassess your priorities.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sadly I don't see anything about fixing the Foundry still .... :(snf snf... feel like crying when-ever I try to work with that thing....

<begins to sing> Somewhere ...Oveaa the waaaainbow , they'll make an Installable Software of the Foundry......

Waaaaaaaghhh

:(
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That may be true but the mail and exchange system wasn't designed to circumvent the limitations set in place on how many doffs you can have. The best thing to do would be to suggest they create some sort of account doff bank where you can store unused doffs and transfer them to other characters without having to mail them to yourself. But even if they added such a system it would still have a limit on the amount you could store. And for "doffers" it STILL wouldn't be enough to satisfy you. The problem is you guys insist on finding ways to have unlimited storage when there is no such thing.

Personally I would consider unintended storage of doffs/boffs/items an exploit. Not much different than a foundry author finding a way to give players a chance to gain large amounts of dilithium in a short amount of time, circumventing the system limitations set in place.

I agree with what Cryptic is doing and try to understand their reasons. I just think they're going about it the wrong way not giving players time to find a way to stay within the confines of the limitations that are intended.

I have to agree, for the full 99%. Mailing large numbers of doffs to yourself (or any other item, for that matter), as a means to create extra storage for yourself, beyond what you're supposed to have, feels a wee abusive, and could well be considered an exploit.
    If you can't handle the limitations, perhaps ya'all should just find another game that has none.

This was a bit uncalled for, though. If they can't handle the limit, I'd say they should ask Cryptic to sell them extra storage slots (which, oddly, Cryptic never does; which is strange, as they're usually only too eager to charge you for every service imaginable). Judging by this thread, seems ppl are quite willing to pay for such storage too. Problem solved. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really wish the email would have a folder system.
  • Options
    mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think something else was put in that patch. I have a level 30 Romulan who was created after the scimitar was released, who suddenly today finds himself with invalid skills forcing a respect. wth O.o
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Deleted. Wrong Thread
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Originally Posted by pwebranflakes
    The maximum number of auctions that a player can have active on the Exchange at any given time is 40.
    This limit is reduced by one for every returned auction email that is in the player's mailbox.
    Originally Posted by pwebranflakes
    It's per character for the exchange. For example, you have Character-A, -B and -C. Characters -A,-B and -C can each post up to 40 items on the exchange. If Character-A gets 3 expired item emails and they are still in the mail box, Character-A can only post up to 37 items on the Exchange until the returned item is taken out of their mailbox. Character-B and -C can both still post up 40 items because they have no returned items in their mailbox at this time.

Aww when i saw "player" in the patch notes i really thought you guys gonna finnally hit hard on the exchange exploiters (or "exchange players" like they prefer) but it seems not :(
    This is not Star Trade Online after all.

If all these lately changes on mails are to reduce database, you guys really do the same on exchange slots, like limit them on 100-200 per ACCOUNT (maybe throw in there a cooldown on reposting an item to trim abit on those "flipers"). What would stop ppl with 20-30 toons on an account to mass store on exchange then?
    Its really good that actions are taken to prevent players from exploiting a system, I hope i will see some actions taken to prevent or limit players exploit other players thru a system, in this case the exchange system, cuz in the end its all about ppl making profit on others expense.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I asked our Engineers and they mentioned that these limits only have an impact on future emails or auction postings. So if your character had 50 expired auction emails in their mailbox tomorrow, they would not be able to post more items for auction until you clear out the returned items.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Do expired auction postings count towards the "20 mails with attachments" limit?

If so that's gonna be a major problem for people who use the exchange even if they've just got one character because it's not uncommon for people to post up 20+ items to the exchange at a time and if they don't all sell...well you just lost a bunch of items because your mail attachment limit got hit. Nevermind the people that use multiple characters and can't see the expired sale messages until they log back onto the character that posted the item originally.
  • Options
    romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ok..now it's down...taking bets on the actual length of time.... :p
  • Options
    tahiriveila88tahiriveila88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    canis36 wrote: »
    Do expired auction postings count towards the "20 mails with attachments" limit?

If so that's gonna be a major problem for people who use the exchange even if they've just got one character because it's not uncommon for people to post up 20+ items to the exchange at a time and if they don't all sell...well you just lost a bunch of items because your mail attachment limit got hit. Nevermind the people that use multiple characters and can't see the expired sale messages until they log back onto the character that posted the item originally.

Read the patch-notes, it clearly says that exchange-mails don't count. They cound against the number of max-auctions though.

On a general note: Again no fix for not being able to select an other ship from the Cell Ship bridge..nevermind that the info about that bug is even written in the wiki-article about the ship and people are supposed to hand over lots of money for the chance to get one of them..
  • Options
    treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The July 11 Release note [yes, the one from a week ago] states:
    - Resolved an edge case that resulted in a very small number of players receiving a version of "Flying High" they could not complete.

While this did fix the problem, the fix came 14 days after the start of the Summer Event.
    You need to complete 25 events in the 35 days of the event to get the 1000 pearls needed for the ship.
    I had this bug since the second day of the event and reported it with a ticket the same day.
    This means that unless I get compensated with pearls for the 13 days since I reported the bug until it was fixed, or unless the event is extended two weeks, my toon will be unable to complete this event.

Buying lobi to get pearls is NOT an option, since this bug was through no fault of my own.

Brandon ... IS there any word on how this will be resolved?

SOME official word on this from Cryptic would be most welcome.
    I have patiently waited a full 3 weeks now since I first wrote up my ticket on this,
    and still no official word has yet been issued on how this will be resolved!

Note that I am only posting this here, since it seems that Brandon at least reads THIS thread.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well last time it was 3 hours then another hour then another hour so I would say seven hours this time. :eek:
  • Options
    hijaakhijaak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm ready for some REAL fixes man... we're a month into this and we still have unresolved issues with things. You guys work like you're Government contractors... "Eh, we'll get to it when we're ready...". Did sequestration affect Cryptic Studios?
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hm, might have been better to implement an auction tax based on the set price.

Post an item for 1 Million, you pay 5% ( 50,000) for admission. If it gets returned the fee is gone, if the item sales it gets returned to you in addition to the sales price.

That might keep people from treating the exchange as a bank.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mosul33 wrote: »
    Aww when i saw "player" in the patch notes i really thought you guys gonna finnally hit hard on the exchange exploiters (or "exchange players" like they prefer) but it seems not :(
    This is not Star Trade Online after all.

If all these lately changes on mails are to reduce database, you guys really do the same on exchange slots, like limit them on 100-200 per ACCOUNT (maybe throw in there a cooldown on reposting an item to trim abit on those "flipers"). What would stop ppl with 20-30 toons on an account to mass store on exchange then?
    Its really good that actions are taken to prevent players from exploiting a system, I hope i will see some actions taken to prevent or limit players exploit other players thru a system, in this case the exchange system, cuz in the end its all about ppl making profit on others expense.

I started to play the exchange some time ago, the 8 monther of no new missions.
    Now i grind, grind & grind. For fun i do NWS and play the exchange.
    Who are you to tell me how i must have fun/play this game ??
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ficr wrote: »
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=11444181&postcount=1

Thank You for our first official notification of the decreased mail limit that came with Legacy of Romulus.

FINALLY !!!

It only took 6 WEEKS to admit to the change, and 20 emails with attachments = 100 items.

Also, if one can purchase batteries 100 at a time (quoting Tribble patch notes from Yesterday), can I assume that they STACK to 100 ? That would go a long way helping me get my mail attachments under control as there's like 10 different battery types and I always thro them into the mail when they reach the 20 item stack limit.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Hm, might have been better to implement an auction tax based on the set price.

Post an item for 1 Million, you pay 5% ( 50,000) for admission. If it gets returned the fee is gone, if the item sales it gets returned to you in addition to the sales price.

That might keep people from treating the exchange as a bank.

No. Just...no.
  • Options
    tahiriveila88tahiriveila88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No. Just...no.

This! I'm an honest player selling stuff for fair prizes on the exchange..if you lose something when an item is not sold, prizes will drop like crazy, as everybody will lowball to get their little bit of profit and while that will at first seem good for new players and people who need to upgrade their equipment, it will lead to people who don't allready own a fortune having the hardest time to get EC..
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh yeah, speaking about fixing things my fleet is working on tier two of the fed dilithium outpost. So we can only do the duty officer inside and he has two missions both for 250 dill and I did the missions with my toon that has all the very rare duty officers for the mission except of course the miners because we can only purchase green quality now and both my missions failed. Really, is that all we get in this for spending a TRIBBLE load of dilithium and grinding for fleet marks and spending a lot of energy credits? I was expecting to get a lot more than that. :(:confused:
This discussion has been closed.