What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

In-game lag/Server not responding

Comments

• Options
    auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not the expert. It is what it is, I guess. I can only hope that someone somehow can resolve the issue.

(And I wasn't blaming Cryptic for this...)
  • Options
    billthejedibillthejedi Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What do you expect Cryptic to do? Since its Verizon that is throttling the bandwidth, there's nothing they can do about it. And complaining that another company is causing the problems will only attract more troll posts...

I don't know. Perhaps provide this thing called "customer service" and acknowledge it? Maybe let us know what they are TRYING to do about it?

I'm not doing like the entitled players usually do when anything goes wrong and demanding "LEVEL MY CHARACTER TO MAX WITH A TRILLION ZEN POINTS NAO!" or anything, just a "Hey, heads up guys. If you're on Verizon, this is the issue." and maybe a "For now, if you're a subscriber, you won't be charged until we can settle this issue, just file a report here to show us you're on Verizon. We'll keep in touch. Thanks for understanding." But no, it's just ignored.

Too much to ask, though, right?
    dmv5s1.jpg_zpsvjpiwgta.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    How about this- IS there anything we can do on OUR end to help resolve this issue?

Again, Verizon gave my internet a clean bill of health. I wouldn't know where to go from here...
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's not impacting anything else on Verizon.

I don't think there's much we can do about the issue, but it would be nice if Cryptic would acknowledge that there is an issue and that there isn't much they can do about it.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What do you expect Cryptic to do?
    multi-homing
  • Options
    billthejedibillthejedi Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    auggiedog1 wrote: »
    How about this- IS there anything we can do on OUR end to help resolve this issue?

Again, Verizon gave my internet a clean bill of health. I wouldn't know where to go from here...

Start our own Star Trek Online Game! With Blackjack and Hookers!
    dmv5s1.jpg_zpsvjpiwgta.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I love it!
  • Options
    captfranciscaptfrancis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Start our own Star Trek Online Game! With Blackjack and Hookers!

Thanks, Bender.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well, I guess that's that, then. I'll check this thread regularly and see if we get any updates...from anyone.

Maybe things will correct themselves after maintenance tomorrow?
  • Options
    shearstressshearstress Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys, it seems the Verizon on the US side is having problems, i found a fix don't know if someone knows about it or not, but it seems to work.

Reopen your launcher, then under options change proxy to EU, apply and ok, then launch the game, it should not lag or disconnect every 2 seconds. Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys, it seems the Verizon on the US side is having problems, i found a fix don't know if someone knows about it or not, but it seems to work.

Reopen your launcher, then under options change proxy to EU, apply and ok, then launch the game, it should not lag or disconnect every 2 seconds. Hopefully the problem will be fixed soon. :rolleyes:

Appreciate the advice. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I couldn't even connect...

Changed proxy back and I was able to connect...back to all the problems I was having before :)
  • Options
    celticfistcohcelticfistcoh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For the last two days or I have been getting horrible lag. I will often see server not responding and it running missions with others is not suitable.

I have Verizon and ever other feature and other games are working fine.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    For the last two days or I have been getting horrible lag. I will often see server not responding and it running missions with others is not suitable.

I have Verizon and ever other feature and other games are working fine.

That's the case for all of us, my friend. Might as well take a seat, we're not going anywhere for a while...
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The community moderator in the Neverwinter thread on this has said that they are looking into the issue, so that's something. It's obviously something that is impacting Verizon players on both games.
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Thanks, this seems to be working for me for now. Hopefully they'll announce a fix so I'll know when to switch it back.
  • Options
    decembersilverdecembersilver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For whatever it is worth I am a Verizon customer too and my lag to the game is so bad today (all day) that I just cannot play.

I hope that someone is looking into this issue and that if Cryptic has a hand in being able to resolve it they would do what needed to be done.

December
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2013

That causes the game data to get sent to a server in europe as an intermediary, so you double your ping. And you still get lag spikes, just a different kind. In the end its not any better and its actually worse due to higher base ping.

Use "/netgraph 1" in-game to view your ping. Higher values are worse.
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    auggiedog1 wrote: »
    Appreciate the advice. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I couldn't even connect...

Changed proxy back and I was able to connect...back to all the problems I was having before :)

EU proxy wouldn't allow me to connect either, US proxy runs right into the same problem as no proxy as it basically also gets massacred in Boston.

*SIGH*

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    shearstressshearstress Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    EU proxy is now not working and the US proxy is kicking me out every time i try to select a toon :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The community moderator in the Neverwinter thread on this has said that they are looking into the issue, so that's something. It's obviously something that is impacting Verizon players on both games.

At least this is an encouraging sign. Hopefully the folks at Cryptic will get to the bottom of things :)
  • Options
    casperdudesdcasperdudesd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yes a very bad lagg i have fioz i shouldint be having any lagg i never did till lastnight
  • Options
    bizzaobizzao Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fios here as well and it feels like im on dialup ... a real bad one =)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    i hope they fix it soon i love sto
  • Options
    bizzaobizzao Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is payback for all the times when i teased my buddies having verizon fios ... lol

I am sorry give me back my screaming fast connection please!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    i have my friends wifi info may go over to his house just to play he has road runner
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    God I'm so glad I ran into this thread. Me and my fleetmates were going crazy trying to find a solution to my computer. Did a bunch of Download/Upload tests and while not my usual 30/30 I was getting 20/20 and my Internet was running ok.

Figured it was something on Verizon's end losing packets or Cryptics. The problems started this afternoon. Then we narrowed it down to a common theme...those of lagging were all on Verizon.

I really do hope they fix the problem...I have a fleet to run and while I can log in to set fleet projects and what not running STF's and dailies is near impossible. On a different note, I went on to the Tribble Test server and there was really no lag there go figure.
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I hear ya. Until this morning, I rarely had an issue with the game. Now, it's really unplayable. I hope someone somewhere can address this...

There must be many more players that are experiencing this problem that have not or do not check out the forums...
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So help me God if this continues much longer I'll switch back to my other provider...Fiber Optic or not...give me a good hardy coaxial cable any day :D
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    romeowoodromeowood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fios here too. Unplayable here too. All PWE games. Here's hoping...gin&tonics in the meantime....
  • Options
    ridantonridanton Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok, tried to play the game again this evening and the connection seems to be degrading even further. So I gathered some information for the techs at Cryptic. Prior to running these tests I have watched a movie on Netflix and a few You Tube videos. Surfed a number of other sites with no loss of speed what so ever. I ran the nettest app and had similar results to the ones shown below so I rebooted my router and re-ran the tests. What you see below is from a fresh reboot of both router and PC.

I x'd out my local IP's but the rest is a straight copy. As you can gather from the nettest results the game is unplayable. Is there any chance I could get my sub "paused" until this is fixed?

ISP = Verizon

contacting nettest server..
    Local IP: TRIBBLE.TRIBBLE.TRIBBLE.TRIBBLE
    Ping: 167.0 msec
    Port: 80: 11 KB/sec 1 KB/sec 14 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 10 KB/sec 1 KB/sec 12 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 17 KB/sec 1 KB/sec 19 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 14 KB/sec 1 KB/sec 16 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 16 KB/sec 1 KB/sec 18 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: 11 KB/sec 1 KB/sec 12 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 14 KB/sec 1 KB/sec 16 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 12 KB/sec 1 KB/sec 13 KB/sec 500