Install Arc

Future STO Forum Upgrade [Update: On hold for now]

1235»

Comments

• darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    Funny thing about pwe and cryptic.
    The forums are horribly slow yes, but most of the site doesn't work well on ios.
    It is one of the most popular browsers in the world and cryptic doesnt support it.
    A year ago when they switched to this format and we all complained about the incompatibility cryptic said they would get right on it to fix it.
    Over a year and nothing.
    Then I see neverwinters site and it has the same problem.
    The only conclusions that I can see is that pwe doesn't want to even try make their site compatible.

I use my iPad for the forum too. I have also problems with this site. Especialy with german Umlaute.

And why no Tapatalk support? There ist allready a plugin for vBulletin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why is it still saying the servers are all ok with the green light on when you first launch the game yet no one can even get on to sto in the first place? surley if the games down they should keep that red on intill they have the issue sorted out!!! Plus on the patch notes it doesnt look like they did much so why is the game broken again in the first place? Man this seems like the norm for STO and theres got to be a problem every week no matter what!!! Thanks lads you do a great job!!!! :( NOT!!!!!!!!!!!
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why is it a reason that you need to re-upload avatars etc or loose PMs and subscriptions? I only ask as I upgraded my own site from vB 3 to vB 4 a few months back and I didn't need to do this nor did any members, nor did anyone lose any PM's or subscriptions. True my site is nowhere near as big as STO.

Is the STO site heavily modified from the stock vB? That would make sense as I noticed a huge amount of features aren't available on this site, albums would be good for players to post their in-game screenshots for example, groups could be a good thing for fleets etc.

Either way good luck with the upgrade.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • darkphoxydarkphoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't seem to find where to upload a custom avatar anymore. Did they take the ability away?
  • kotacokotaco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm surprised the people in charge opt to use vBulletin, it was good at one point but has degraded tremendously over the years and has lagged behind in so many modern web features in my opinion. I'd go with Invision Power Suite myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Online Gaming Clan: Clan mXm
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    darkphoxy wrote: »
    I can't seem to find where to upload a custom avatar anymore. Did they take the ability away?

For whatever weird reason, there's two ways to change your avatar. You can click the "Edit Your Avatar" link at the top of the page, which allows their default avatars and changing title. OR you can go through the User CP, and click "Edit Avatar" there. That allows you to upload a custom avatar or pick a default avatar. Why can't you upload an avatar, choose a default avatar, and change your title on one page? I don't know. It's silly.
  • bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When will the Forum Upgrade be taking in effect?

Its been so long!

Quote Owner
    "This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bumblebush wrote: »
    When will the Forum Upgrade be taking in effect?

Soon 10char
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • malaksilvermalaksilver Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    awesome nice to see you keep us informed :)
    http://www.thefortunebooks.com/ -check it out its awesome
  • jargonautsjargonauts Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just wondering is there a post limit before this can go away

Hello Captain!

At this time, you may only post replies to threads that have already been created. After a certain amount of time has passed since your registration date, you will be able to create new threads in forums that allow it.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Community Team
    >> Having trouble with the launcher not displaying even though it is open on the task bar? Click here. <<

I have only resently started posting but I have registered a long time ago
    With a Phaser or Lightsaber it doesnt matter to me
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Oh well, I guess it's almost Halloween... :rolleyes:

I think it's not a post limit, but rather a time limit from the time you first went to the forums. A time limit or a need to buy more Zen, not sure.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • ktaraxeiliasktaraxeilias Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i think this is what you want see
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Did the Forum Upgrade disappear in the Recycle Bin? Like all those broken promises, and lost opportunities that were made to STO under Mr Stahl's leadership?
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sry if this has been asked before, but will the ignore posts functionality finally return. It made the forums a much nicer place, especially in certain subforums.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    havam wrote: »
    sry if this has been asked before, but will the ignore posts functionality finally return. It made the forums a much nicer place, especially in certain subforums.
    I miss being able to read my PMs in game, and game mail on the forums.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Will the upgrade get rid of these annoying gold buttons that have the edge of white around them making them look like they were made by amateurs and completely out of place?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hope they finally repair the subscribe link to your mail system.... Would be nice to be notified again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
This discussion has been closed.