test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (Tonight @ Midnight PDT - July 12, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in just over 30 minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Patch notes for tonight's maintenance can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=789071

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• corvallecorvalle Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in just over 30 minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Patch notes for tonight's maintenance can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=789071

Can not get anything right...
  • jaxjaguarsjaxjaguars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    During my sleep so I'm not affected.

Happy to see that people will get their Tribble now.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains,

This is not what I was wanting to hear...

What I was wanting to hear is that due to your struggles of being a dilithium and reputation slave Zeuxidemus. We are going to do emergency maintenance to fix all of your broken KHG uniforms that you so grinded like a slave for :)

Yeah thats what I heard... or wait what?!?!

Oh yes KDF embassy costumes too... do emergency maintenance it has to be done! Give us a bat'leth tribble to go with it too...

Oh and the jem hadar costume thingy too for the xii body armor :)
  • panserbjorne39panserbjorne39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is BS. I'm sick of it. You guys already had the servers down for four hours earlier this morning. I'm playing Firefall in open Beta right now and guess what? It has less bugs, less server stability issues, than this TRIBBLE game does after how long? Three years? What a joke!
  • cepheusblackwingcepheusblackwing Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well... Thanks :)

Your guys' job is pretty thankless what with this community. Thanks for the update :)
    edited July 2013

Your guys' job is pretty thankless what with this community. Thanks for the update :)

Thank them for what? A bug infested game with constant downtime and bugs that have been around since launch?

Ok...
    edited July 2013
    This is BS. I'm sick of it. You guys already had the servers down for four hours earlier this morning. I'm playing Firefall in open Beta right now and guess what? It has less bugs, less server stability issues, than this TRIBBLE game does after how long? Three years? What a joke!

100% agree, its getting old..
  • cjtombraider#7376 cjtombraider Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    True Star Trek Fans won't care. They'll ride through hell and back to keep on keeping on!
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi Captains,

Really nice to see a patch getting rolled out this fast to fix "urgent issues", good job! :)
    signwidrona.png
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited July 2013
    Our emergency maintenance has begun. We expect downtime to last for 2 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thank you!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • morpheusssssmorpheusssss Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Are you kidding? You're entitled to your opinion mate, but there's a reason there isn't much thanks going around, maybe if you'd been here for a while you'd understand why.
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So now the servers are down cause some secondary useless tribble does not work?!?Well....keep it down..this is getting sooo boring!:mad:
  • darthpetersendarthpetersen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Are the devs test what there implemented? Is there any QA at Cryptic? :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    :eek: Wow... Bummer that the servers have to be taken offline again... Would be awesome if the patches didn't need the whole server to go down all the time. Would be great if the patches could be on the fly while loading a map or something.

Please get the issues resolved whatever they are. While your at it, please let us claim the tribble thing even if its nothing fancy.

Seems to be a lot of trouble with the tribbles. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
    edited July 2013
    This is not what I was wanting to hear...

What I was wanting to hear is that due to your struggles of being a dilithium and reputation slave Zeuxidemus. We are going to do emergency maintenance to fix all of your broken KHG uniforms that you so grinded like a slave for :)

Yeah thats what I heard... or wait what?!?!

Oh yes KDF embassy costumes too... do emergency maintenance it has to be done! Give us a bat'leth tribble to go with it too...

Oh and the jem hadar costume thingy too for the xii body armor :)

On a side note to the above mentioned, it would be nice if my Klingon character could have his fireworks too :P
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Our emergency maintenance has begun. We expect downtime to last for 2 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thank you!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Do you guys have a fix inbound for the peeps who can't buy pets/beams/stuff for their lockbox ships? If so, do you have any sort of ballpark estimate as to when we should look for that fix?
  • nickxbnickxb Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, decided to buy the gold membership an hour ago cause I have been getting in the game but jeeze what is with the 2-3 hour server downtimes for fixes that seem pretty ridiculous. Due to work I have crappy hours and play late at night, early in the morning and it seems like half the time the servers are down for 3 hours because they want to fix a missing pixel on the back of one of the bartenders boots on risa.

Not mad just kind of frustrated, have only been playing a week or so but I hope this is not a nightly thing.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Usually if there is a big patch the day before, you should expect another meowntenance to follow the other day, and that one is usually at midnight PST or 9 AM GT (German Time). It's just too funny it happens when out of 30 days, I have only 2 days of non-early shifts like now, starting at 11:15 AM GT. :(
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • bobtheyakbobtheyak Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    General:

The Nukara Tribble is back in the C-Store!
    Updated the cool down on the Nukara Tribble
    The repeating audio on the Risa Event map has been removed.
    Multiple stacks of deuterium surplus now share a 45 second cool down.

SMH
  • obainobain Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jaxjaguars wrote: »
    During my sleep so I'm not affected.

Happy to see that people will get their Tribble now.

NO - you are not affected - but we in Europa are affected!

Every maintenance is in Europa on Day - allways in the Time were we can Play!!!!
  • gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pupibird wrote: »
    So now the servers are down cause some secondary useless tribble does not work?!?Well....keep it down..this is getting sooo boring!:mad:

Yep, its always the "Trouble with Tribbles" :D

Dunno why I was expecting something cool like maybe a fancy free ship, they claimed there would be "A very generous reward" The tribble thing is cute but not much use in a space combat... Bummer, but hey, guess its better than nothing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • phatboygeo1phatboygeo1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Has anyone here even ever tried to mod a game? myself, i made a star trek mod for homeworld 2 and it took me 2 years just to get feds klingons and rommies in. So you lot can go **** yourselfs.
    Who here has even tried coding?

If your so upset with the game, go play Roon scape or something...

thank you Cryptic for even trying to do the impossible
  • fadamsxiicrypticfadamsxiicryptic Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Please do Brandon. Thank you for the efforts to ensure the game runs well.
    I am a Starfleet Officer first, but an Intelligence Professional second to none. With pride in my heritage, but focused on the future. Performing the first task of an Army; To find, know and never lose the enemy. With a sense of urgency and of tenacity, professional and physical fitness. And above all: Integrity--for in truth lies victory. Always at Silent War while ready for a shooting war: The silent warrior of the Starfleet team

Original Join Date: 19 December 2010
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited July 2013
    I find the lack of previous warning/notifications to be irritating. We were given 30 minutes notification. . .I learned about it via the indicator in-game.

Please try to plan your 'emergency maintenance' sessions to where the players at least get an hour of warning.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • phatboygeo1phatboygeo1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My tribble worked? it purred at me and i stroked it?
    edited July 2013
    Has anyone here even ever tried to mod a game? myself, i made a star trek mod for homeworld 2 and it took me 2 years just to get feds klingons and rommies in. So you lot can go **** yourselfs.
    Who here has even tried coding?

If your so upset with the game, go play ********* or something...

thank you Cryptic for even trying to do the impossible

Actually I have! I have patience and this is the first time I've actively moaned on the forums because I try to be understanding but patience has its limits! By the way you're entitled to have an opinion but no one insulted you so why are you insulting us?
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm playing Firefall in open Beta right now and guess what? It has less bugs, less server stability issues, than this TRIBBLE game does after how long? Three years? What a joke!

Lol... you're just a liar.
    corvalle wrote: »
    Can not get anything right...

And you're just a little clone...

Let the tears flow, you whiney lil entitled kids! OMG have to find something else to do for 2 hours while they fix the bugs that you whine they never fix.
    The Nukara Tribble is back in the C-Store!
    Updated the cool down on the Nukara Tribble
    The repeating audio on the Risa Event map has been removed.
    Multiple stacks of deuterium surplus now share a 45 second cool down.

REALLY, emergency maintenance for this? Guess there's absolutely, positively no more important bugs to fix? Let's not deprive players of a Tribble, and curse all of you for exploiting deuterium without a cooldown. And what repeating audio? I got tired of most of the sounds in STO after a week of playing. I play with sound off most of the time now.

Get better priorities if you're going to perform emergency maintenance. :mad:
  • bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i believe the tribble was allowing you to make 6000 ore an hour and some players had it in game already

so for them it was an emergency
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • qcontinuum12qcontinuum12 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    awesome job sto team...but Im one of those people who live in the sto universe online...i love love playing the episodes and away missions...please keep it going....less time on down maintenance
This discussion has been closed.