test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Undo the slaver changes!!!

csx6245csx6245 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I just patched and went on tribble to test what changes were made to the orion slavers and I can't honestly believe why in the world why cryptic would change how much they steal. Before the patch elite slavers would pickup at random EC of course, 2/4/ or 6 regular commodites, 2/4/ or 6 contrabands, always 3 or any of the blue gamma quadrant commodities, and once in blue moon a white prisoner doff. Here's what changed you only can get 1 or 2 of any commodity when they steal from a npc weather it be white/green/or blue commodities. On top of that with the unable to respawn fresh hangers unless they die which means they pickup a whole let less since you can't take advantage of the proc from fresh hangers. So in a since the slavers got a double nerf and for all the resources and hard work grinding 200k fleet credits and 90k dilithium to buy both elite slavers I think that the slavers need to be rolled back to what they were. I mean come on you never in a instance long enough for the slavers to pick up anything most of the time as it is. I don't know how many times I have done a STF and maybe got one steal of a green or better from the slavers. Its just now to me the elite slavers are now as useless as the regular orion slavers where when the game first launched.
Post edited by csx6245 on

Comments

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    csx6245 wrote: »
    I just patched and went on tribble to test what changes were made to the orion slavers and I can't honestly believe why in the world why cryptic would change how much they steal. Before the patch elite slavers would pickup at random EC of course, 2/4/ or 6 regular commodites, 2/4/ or 6 contrabands, always 3 or any of the blue gamma quadrant commodities, and once in blue moon a white prisoner doff. Here's what changed you only can get 1 or 2 of any commodity when they steal from a npc weather it be white/green/or blue commodities. On top of that with the unable to respawn fresh hangers unless they die which means they pickup a whole let less since you can't take advantage of the proc from fresh hangers. So in a since the slavers got a double nerf and for all the resources and hard work grinding 200k fleet credits and 90k dilithium to buy both elite slavers I think that the slavers need to be rolled back to what they were. I mean come on you never in a instance long enough for the slavers to pick up anything most of the time as it is. I don't know how many times I have done a STF and maybe got one steal of a green or better from the slavers. Its just now to me the elite slavers are now as useless as the regular orion slavers where when the game first launched.

The weird thing is that the toon I use them on hardly ever got any drops but when I used elite ones I had to play for about 5 or 6 hours with it before I got the blue commodities. If it will loot for me at all it would be a positive change.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Guys - the problem with Advanced Slavers wasn't their effective drop rate -it was the fact that they DIDN'T WORK AT ALL.

Their former raiding rate was just fine. You guys missed the ball and the point.

I can imagine this new loot table is likely very much bereft of contraband. :mad:
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The weird thing is that the toon I use them on hardly ever got any drops but when I used elite ones I had to play for about 5 or 6 hours with it before I got the blue commodities. If it will loot for me at all it would be a positive change.

Yeah. I'll take consistent drop rates and small drop magnitudes over hours-long dry spells and modest drop magnitudes, thanks.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2013
    1) Slavers had their chance to steal goods almost tripled in this patch.
    2) Relaunch timers never mattered, because Slavers attempt to steal every 15seconds. Hangars would have to refresh 2x this fast in order to have any impact on their ability to steal loot.
    3) The average EC value taken over time has been more than doubled, despite these reductions. It's just far less spikey & inconsistent, now.
    4) No individual items have been removed from the drop tables - you can still get DS9 commodities, Contraband and Prisoner Doffs. It's only the odds of receiving large numbers of them that've been reduced.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    2) Relaunch timers never mattered, because Slavers attempt to steal every 15seconds. Hangars would have to refresh 2x this fast in order to have any impact on their ability to steal loot.
    3) The average EC value taken over time has been more than doubled, despite these reductions. It's just far less spikey & inconsistent, now.
    4) No individual items have been removed from the drop tables - you can still get DS9 commodities, Contraband and Prisoner Doffs. It's only the odds of receiving large numbers of them that've been reduced.

This is actually good news, the day before i only won 300ec for drops durring my daily dilithium run, and yesterday won 2 regualr commodities...I felt like "Big Boy Caprice" In that **** Tracy movie when the bag man dropped a dollar on his table =U.U= [ $ ]

...hey, I didnt curse that was his name! :/
  • sulfrustriplesulfrustriple Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

So does this mean that there is now a nearly tripled chance of getting at getting 1/6 the amount of contraband that previously dropped (reduced odds of multiples that were 2/4/6 commodities)? If so, then that is up to a 50% nerf to contraband results that has lead to the "impression" that this is a severe nerf to the slavers.

It also speaks to the comment in another thread to the effect that the "original design" is the same now as before. They aren't. Users should expect far lower contraband quantities based on the statement above.

It is contraband that purchasers of slavers look at as the mechanism to recoup their investment of dilithium in these units. If players will obtain smaller quantities, it is a nerf to these unique units.
    edited July 2013
    lol, i did used to get major drops from my green slavers, but not too long after buying the purple ones they stopped dropping much for me and for almost a week long they dropped nothing for me...so i stopped using them until a few days ago...who knows, maybe they will work, maybe they wont. Ill test em again next time im on, if they dont work ill just file them under broken relic and just use my green ones again.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Guys - the problem with Advanced Slavers wasn't their effective drop rate -it was the fact that they DIDN'T WORK AT ALL.

Their former raiding rate was just fine. You guys missed the ball and the point.

I can imagine this new loot table is likely very much bereft of contraband. :mad:

i couldnt agree more man they used to loot contraband i used to get about 20 per eleite stf now i havnt seen a contraband drop in a few months
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • similonsimilon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i used to get about 20 per eleite stf now i havnt seen a contraband drop in a few months

I used them constantly for a few weeks and never got more than 5 contraband a day. (I stopped using them when I realised they were useless).

On topic: I doubt their changing of the rate was anything to do with the fact they were broken. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

this issue needs to be addressed, slavers got fixed so they actually have their chance put back to almost normal. ok...great...however you nerfed the pickups from 3-7 of said stolen item to 1-2 per pickup, this makes them useless, sense most people use them to rob contraband from npc's specifically the x4-x7 contraband from an npc made it worth while. ec value is 300-490ish ec per rob, which is junk who cares(you can pickup a junk item drop and right click discard for more money then hours of the ec off these). No you never removed the items from the loot tables but you made them even worse then they were. They worked after LoR the way they were just needed to a bit patient and you'll rob something nice...

bottom line these changes are worse then the (supposed) brokenness of them after LoR hit, yeah so it took a little longer to grab things, so what. id rather pickup more then 1 junk commodity per theft and it take a bit longer. i used these alot on runs and always used to pickup good things, just gotta have a little patience, as it stands right now there almost useless toys sense hardly anyone uses them for battle other then to rob npc's

Gore
    edited July 2013
    similon wrote: »
    I used them constantly for a few weeks and never got more than 5 contraband a day. (I stopped using them when I realised they were useless).

On topic: I doubt their changing of the rate was anything to do with the fact they were broken. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

dont know maybe it was a stealth nurf or they are just borked.

but ive stopped using carrier as my main ship for all my toons just because they dont loot contraband at all now.

ur lucky to get a ec and comodites

i wish i could trade back all my advanced slavers for my dilthium back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013

id be happy if they started looting contraband again i ised to get around 20 per stfs, but i havnt seen any contraband for a few months.

maybe im just really really really really really unlucky
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013

Why was this made? There was no issue with the drop rate as it was - the issue was somehow you guys borked advanced slavers so they stole NOTHING anymore. They needed to be fixed, not changed.

I mean, where did the impetus to change their drop rate come from? NO WHERE was there any complaints about slavers when they were working properly.

This all just seems like a way simply to ****** contraband farming.
  • csx6245csx6245 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Honestly who cares about the amount of energy credits you get from slavers, I can do a Tau Dewa sector patrol and make more ec from drops in 15 minutes than I can spending hours doing instances with slavers. The great upside people used at least adv slavers for is because they stole contraband which in turn can either sell them on the exchange or trade them in for dilitium and as with ever kdf carrier captain know like myself you can never get enough dilithium to buy better upgraded pets. As I stated before I don't see a reason why the drop amounts were changed they have been the same for three years since the game launched and should had been left alone.
    edited July 2013
    Why was this made? There was no issue with the drop rate as it was - the issue was somehow you guys borked advanced slavers so they stole NOTHING anymore. They needed to be fixed, not changed.

I mean, where did the impetus to change their drop rate come from? NO WHERE was there any complaints about slavers when they were working properly.

This all just seems like a way simply to ****** contraband farming.

Why would we complain about something working properly...i dont hold an office :P
  • similonsimilon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    but ive stopped using carrier as my main ship for all my toons just because they dont loot contraband at all now

See, I pick hanger craft based on there effectiveness and ability to contribute to the success of the mission, not for insignificant monitory gain ;)
    so today, i run my favorite contraband mission..

and instead of the normal 20 or so i usually get, i get 1..

i ran it 5 more times.. and i ended up with 3 contraband..

it seems the rate you get things from slavers has gone down.. way down.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Be happy you got those three. Untill today I'd gone eight months without a single CB pull.
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited July 2013
    cpc2011a wrote: »
    Be happy you got those three. Untill today I'd gone eight months without a single CB pull.

i highly doubt that..

just today i sold off 2000 cb..

at the rate im getting now i wont even get 2000 cb for the rest of the year.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited July 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    i highly doubt that..

just today i sold off 2000 cb..

at the rate im getting now i wont even get 2000 cb for the rest of the year.

Well I noticed the price of Contraband had skyrocket into the 50k area - so something is up - and not just the price.
    edited July 2013
    a little heads up, i have 6 cb now.. in 8 missions that has been steadily handing me 20 to 30 cb per mission :(

i hope its a bug and they fix it.. cause right now it seems slavers are useless.

i think it is the cool down on the stealing..

before when you launched a new slaver it would instantly try to steal something. you oould pump out 6 slavers every 20 seconds or so..

now they do it once.. and then fly around until they get killed before trying to steal again.

im noticing the blue ring around the cube is not flashing near as much as it used to.
    edited July 2013
    you know another thing i dont see these slavers doing that they used to.. they used to spam the heck out of mines..

now they only place 3 or 4 out and thats it..

i think they messed something up in the CDs.
  • tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I spent 60k dill on Advanced Slavers and they are getting TRIBBLE now, what did you guys do, even when I play stfs I was getting at least 6 - 12 contraband a mission I have been playing contraband farming foundry missions for a few hours today and have not gotten 1 contraband. This sucks cryptic re do the slavers for the love of the empire re do them.
    Tom Stewart. :eek:
  • adon333adon333 Member Posts: 304
    edited July 2013
    Everyone knows why Craptic did this, there was a bug "somewhere" that allowed you to farm lots and lots and lots of contraband.

HOWEVER, this is just a convenient excuse, cryptics had their sights set on nerfing slavers for awhile now. They are aiming to dilute contraband returns in general, since the influx of people farming, then selling them for EC and trading them in for dilithium. <both of these things allow ppl to avoid buying ZEN> Contraband is going to be nerfed several more times until it is no longer even possible to really farm it, that is the point. Cryptic isnt going to allow anything to exist in game that makes either them or their Chinese overlords lose ANY money. Period.

Although it is not really too surprising, I think most of us should be given our 60k dilithium back, <yeah right when pigs fly> although I know Craptic and PW are laughin all the way to the bank.. RoR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
  • tucker84tucker84 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am using slavers for about 3-4 months now. I never got anything from them. I never noticed any loot. Now, i am using the advanced slavers, and still nothing.
    edited July 2013
    so i maxed out my dil for today on my first char, ended up with 7 contraband..

switched to my other char, this one has elite slavers..

so far 5 missions later. no contraband, OR rare commodities..

i understand the need to make rare things rare, but nerfing it out of existence is ridiculous.

specially since they said they made the drop rate 3x more.. which is a not what im experiencing.

if this is how it is, id rather have elite to'duj instead of elite slavers :(
  • tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have been doing missions for about a few hours now and still only commodities and some energy credits, no contraband yet, this sucks cryptic you need to change the slavers back that's why we all spent dill. Because they got contraband now they are useless. :(
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Had to voice my opinion here as well.. I have been waiting a long time for this fix, only to find it is not a FIX, it's a nerf. Elite slavers were/are expensive and they are not bought for their fighting skill.. they were bought because they robbed contraband.

I would join an Elite Infected Space pug and I didn't care if the pugs messed it up.. it would just net me more contraband :D.. but those days were gone after romulan season. In fact I haven't got anything since that season started.

In short I am jumping on the please FIX wagon.. bring back the skilled orion slavers that I bought.. put it back to the way it was....
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
    edited July 2013
    emt27 wrote: »
    Had to voice my opinion here as well.. I have been waiting a long time for this fix, only to find it is not a FIX, it's a nerf. Elite slavers were/are expensive and they are not bought for their fighting skill.. they were bought because they robbed contraband.

I would join an Elite Infected Space pug and I didn't care if the pugs messed it up.. it would just net me more contraband :D.. but those days were gone after romulan season. In fact I haven't got anything since that season started.

In short I am jumping on the please FIX wagon.. bring back the skilled orion slavers that I bought.. put it back to the way it was....

Pretty much this - I see no quid-pro-quo here. Slavers were purchased for their utility, not so much for their combat abilities. They have been broken since Season 7.

What makes this change so irritating is A) We have had near useless combat pets since S7 B) We needed a fix, not a Nerf and C) We get these pets more as utility items not so much combat. If they are going to nerf their economic potential, they need to at the very least buff their combat abilities.

The most annoying thing that boggles me is that NOWHERE was was there any outcry for this change! It wasn't needed. Slavers when working normal, took just the correct amount of stuff.

This is clearly a grab to pull back on the availability of contraband and by extension, dilithium.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Hard data! Thanks Bort!

Okay Slavers attempt to steal once every 15 seconds. Assuming that each slaver makes its own attempt at theft just like any other ability with a CD, the odds of success must be extremely low to begin with other wise we'd be pulling loot in by the ton instead of very rarely.

I'm thinking a fraction of a percent. After all every 15 seconds means 4 attempts x the amount of Slavers you are using, lets say one hanger full, which means 24 attempts per minute.

This adds up to 1440 attempts per hour of Slaver Combat. So for if it was 1 percent you should have 14.4 successes which even at thier height of dropping this was never the case.

So successful looting is likely a fraction of a precent, say .1 percent, which ideally would give a successful loot of 1.44 percent an hour. This sounds right to my ears.

So trippling that should be 4.32 percent chance of stealing loot. Logically to keep the same average of loot drops roughly packages of multiple loot have to drop by a third. So drops of rare commidities would drop 1 commody instead of 3.

In my experience most of my loot drops are in some grouping of three 3, 6, 12 (although I never got more then three for a very long time), with the exceptions of EC which might come in at 400 I think sometimes, and prisoner doffs. Not certain about that, I've never stolen a prisoner doff, so I don't know how it comes packaged.

One also has to take in account the seeming swinginess of the system where some get tons and others get little to non for beyond the vairations one would expect.

Hopefully this change in odds with provide for a more even and fair distribution of loot stolen.

Still unknows, the actual chance of a successful steal, I was trying to make an educated guess.

Also unknown is there a different chance of stealing depending on rarity of Slaver, example Elites vs. Advanced? If not the extra types of possible loot could be at the expense of stealing more valueable contraband or preferably common commdities or EC.

Also unknown is are they're any other attributes that effect the odds of stealing, ex. High AUX, Skills, and so on.

One last unknown, but is the stealing of crew, and I'm not talking doffs but just basic crew of which a Galaxy Cruiser has 1000, tied to it own system or is it appart of the normal stealing attempts.