test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Priority One Podcast Chats w/ the Devs - Submit Your Question!

Comments

• Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ground combat pets!

1) Are there any plans on adding some new ground combat pets, particularly with the popularity of the recent Klingon pet?

2) Are there any plans to help fix the ground combat pets? My Horta keeps vanishing ten seconds into the fight and I'm starting to wonder if he's trying to get me killed.

Thanks!
  • Options
    theuser2021theuser2021 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This has been bugging me for a long time now:

Question,
    Is the Galor class ever going to get a dual beam bank spiral wave disruptor?
    It really upsets me that the special dual beam bank animation that the Galor class has is incompatible with the special weapon type for the Galor.

If I want to have spiral waves then I have to use a disruptor DBB (green, eww) or just switch to a different weapon type all together to get the proper firing animation.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will we see any new KDF and fed Boffs with special near race specific superior traits like the Romulan Boffs.

Only question that popped to mind.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    jengozjengoz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Foundry, Dead or Canadian?
    "Star Trek Online is powered by the most abundant resource in the galaxy . . . Gullibility"
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Account wide Reputation Experience has been flat out stated to be not happening, but DStahl has said that they're looking at ideas to ease the strain for those wanting to level the system on multiple characters. Can you ask them if they would give consideration to any of the following?

1) Faction wide Reputation experience with increased mark costs for tier upgrade projects? Store unlocks are of course still per-character.
    2) Removal of the 20 hour completion timer for the experience projects on a reputation track once at least one character has reached and claimed Tier 5? Failing that, a severe reduction in the timer at least? (Something like 10-15 minutes run time wouldn't be too bad I guess)

Are we ever going to get more species options for the Romulan Faction?

Now that all the infrastructure is there for Small Craft based system (selecting a default, having automatic transition to default shuttle in maps that require it) is there a possibility that we might see some form of customized upgrade system? Some method of adding an aft weapons slot and expanding the BOFF seating?
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What actually happened with Gold and LTS stipends?
    When will it actually be fixed?
    What are you doing to stop it happening again?
    When will we get our missing Zen?

I know this won't make it into the discussion, but I can dream right?
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can we PLEASE, PLEASE, get a little more customization for our ship interiors. I have my entire senior crew in the "Dominion war era" uniform. Really jarring to have the rest of my crew (NPC's) just runnign around in the shiny leather dreck that everyone starts in.

NPC's on the Constitution interior wear special (23rd century) uniforms. Just give us a simple drop down with options for currently unlocked costumes to be applied to the NPC's, don't need TOTAL customization jsut want a more uniform appearance for my crew.

Maybe an option for those of us who have a large amount of Borg gear onboard, Have a rew panels in Engineering display "Borg Spaghetti".
  • Options
    lykumlykum Member Posts: 382
    edited July 2013
    Noticing a lot of energy weapon spam whether its due to a lot of NPC's shooting at you, or a beam boat fanning beams everywhere. Is there any way we can reduce the QUANTITY of NPC's and their spam and increase their QUALITY. What we want is a just few ships that'll make us drop a load in our pants!

As I've said before, feeling no attachment towards the NPC's is outright disgraceful! Even fleet level engagments it'll take a spam attack for the NPC's to kill you.

Will manual aim ever be introduced to ground in a similar fashion to battlefield? It would not only save STO, but MMO in general.
    Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!
  • Options
    molaighmolaigh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will we ever see more endgame content like the STF missions? We have reputation content for the Romulans and Nukara, but they don't really measure up. The Borg reputation missions are generally multi-stage, well thought out, have failure conditions, optional objectives and have a normal/elite difficulty level. A full set of missions (four ground, four space with normal vs elite) for each of the reputation systems would be fantastic.
  • Options
    phillips30phillips30 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any plans to help deal with people being AFK in matches? It happens nearly every time I go into one, especially Mine Trap. It is nearly impossible to have enough friends on for a 20 man for most people, so you get stuck with leeches. It's very annoying. :(
  • Options
    aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My questions:

1) Probably for CaptnGeko:
    Shortly, before RoR's launch we were told that the Kit revamp was near completion and didn't make it for the release and was sheduled to be released very shortly after: Where is it at the moment?

1.1) When can we expect the Secondary Deflectors and Armour slots for all ships?

2) Probably for systems team:
    I think there is no single player out there who would disagree with the fact that Science Officers and Science skills are in the worst place since launch.
    You guys try to fix them through external ways (consoles, items etc.) instead going to the root of the problem - the skills and their magnitude/effectiveness.
    We were even told long ago that you were about to revamp Science skills and yet no single attempt has been seen ever since.
    When can we expect the root of the problem of Science skills be fixed?

3) To the ships department:
    First: congratulations for the amazing ships JamJamz and your team. You've done the most marvelous job of all (in my opinion) especially, the Scimitar - although it is overshadowed by the poor buggy performance in the game.

What is the next "big thing" we can expect beside the leaked Veteran Romulan ship?
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oooh, ooh.

I just thought of another one:

When will we be seeing the promised return of the IDIC tribble for our new characters?
  • Options
    nscar1420nscar1420 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have so many rifles and pistols It would be very cool if I could display them in the ready room or the bridge or capts quarters. This is all wasted space.

What are the chances that we will be able to decorate or customize our bridges in the future?
  • Options
    athourstathourst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Are there any plans on updating Earth Space Dock Interior to make it more newer like the Fleet Star base Interior projects?
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any timeline on when the clipping issues for romulan tailor options will be fixed? I have a liberated borg romulan if that was a factor.

Also loved the scimitar, amazing work and a great purchase. :D
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    highteehightee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will you ever revisit, or show some love to the Galaxy R/X? I love the hell outta what you guys and gals have been doing and please keep it up. But please spend a few mins dev time and fix/adjust these ships! :D

For any ideas or feedback, please see the forum post Click

Yeah you probably keep getting asked. Fix it I promise I will spend atleast 25 dollars more ingame, hell fix and I will sub! Have your numbers department add up the ppl and you guys can figure it out :D

A overall happy but frustrated captain... Help me Cryptic devs, your my only hope!!... opps umm nvm :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just to add: Will reputation gear become account bound instead if character bound in the future? Or even better, reputation account bound? Even in a 'paid for' fashion?

Sorry if someone already posted about this :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Becouse now with the upcoming romulan veteran ship, this is the first romulan ship where romulan players will be "forced" to use plasma weapons, of couse by following the logic that the ship will get a similar console as the fed and kdf ships, altho probablly plasma based.
    1) Any chances on getting plasma quad cannons, maybe thru some romulan reputation exchange project, like to give the phaser/disruptor variant and receive plasma ones?

Thank you for the wonderfull Risa Event. I espeacially loved the risa birds, lots of work was put into them, animations look very realistic. Now it would be a waste to remain "just" a non-combat pet.
    2) Any chances we will see a bird combat pet, even if is a non-attacking one, like just for small buffs/heals or debuffs?
    There is even a canon one like the Tarkalean Hawk wich Odo from DS9 was taking form, or why not trained Falcon from Earth, since falconry is a long time and strong tradition in some parts of the world.

3) Sry to bring this one up since there are other more serious bugs, but the Omega Force Autocarbine will ever be fixed to be shown on the back, holstered?
    I understand you guys wanted to try something diferent/special with it, but since this is not working at all since Seasson 6 why not can you pls just make it beheave like an autorifle, like the one from the jem'hadar ground set for exemple, wich is working fine.

4) About the kit revamp, any chances we might get a summoner/beastmaster kit?
    I do belive that it was intented as some point since there is allready the KDF Targ Master NPC, and now the Feds could use Sehlat pets and Romulans the insects from Virinat or why not... combat epohhs :D i mean all those research from tagging them on New Romulus must have an aplication lol
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mosul33 wrote: »
    4) About the kit revamp, any chances we might get a summoner/beastmaster kit?
    I do belive that it was intented as some point since there is allready the KDF Targ Master NPC, and now the Feds could use Sehlat pets and Romulans the insects from Virinat or why not... combat epohhs :D i mean all those research from tagging them on New Romulus must have an aplication lol

As the guy who posted about ground combat pets, this would be sheer awesome, especially if we can mix parts of this with another kit (I'm thinking Squad Leader off the top of my head). I'd love to see this question answered.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    - With more and more queue missions being added , we're still only able to join 3 queues tops (and that includes PVP) .

I'd like to be able to join 5-6 queues at the same time (and whatever will pop , will pop) .
    Can this be implemented ?

- PVP queues sometimes show 10-20 players in the queue yet no game starts .
    Why is this and can it be fixed (?) , and also can we have queues with lower number of players start faster ?

- Does a master file of the original STF's exist ?
    Can those be put in game (along side the chopped up current versions) ?
    (hint-hint ... this is finished content that just needs a balance pass , hint-hint ...)

- What kind of new gameplay can STF and PVP fans can look forward to ?
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2013
    Hello 1st of all!

My questions are...

• On previous talks and sit/downs with Cryptic/PWE, there have been some clues as to what will be in next season, some of them include a sort of "Task Force Group," which according to the rumors you'll be able to assign your BOff to one of your docked ships as support on missions.
      Any true word on this or is it still secret for further seasons? :D

• Also any words on the Fleet Holdings as to increasing the Number of ranks available to a fleet from 7 to a more stable 10 or 12?

• In regards to the top question, are we ever going to see a more stable fleet system, like many have mentioned before, to show how many days a certain member has been in the fleet and who recruited them.

• Are we ever going to see a system to show what fleets a certain fleet is allied with? and with that in mind a system in which a fleet is able to help an allied fleet with fleet holdings and vice verse, a way to buy items from an allied fleet's store with player owned fleet provisions?

• In Future Seasons, is there any plans on letting a fleet have its own system with a planet, work to get it, build a city with members own personalized sort of house? Have a Command Center, etc?

• With the release, and soon taken down, for the bug "Feature" of the "Nakura Tribble" many players are mad, and not likely to play more Tribble Test Weekend for future updates, with that in mind are you guys gonna switch to something more meaningful to players, give us some sort of rare weapons? if not a possible ship? or anything besides a tribble?

• Some players have mentioned this before, but is there any word on a Pet section on your bank/inventory? it be nice to have 1 section for Space Pets and Ground Pets!
    • There has also been rumors and you guys have said about a possible increase in the Level cap from 50 to 60, any new updates on that?

• When are we going to see the ability to use Custom Kits?

• When will we have the ability to do Duty officer missions Via Gateway?

• With the top question in mind, any word on the new updates being made or thought of being implemented to the Gateway?

• There has been rumors of Memory-Alpha been overhauled, with this picture in the wiki http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/sto.gamepedia.com/7/79/Aodbb8ACMAAgSNn.jpg, when?

• Account shared currencies, yes or no?

• Animated Andorian antennae, yes or no?

• Adding Dilithium as a reward for all Cryptic-made story missions in game, is so, WHEN?

• Convert First Officer to playable Captain and vice-versa, yes or no?

• Will we able to customize our own fleet's starbase, embassy and now mine to our own like?

• With that in mind, any word on the new soon to come Fleet Holding?

• Will there be a 5th Prometheus? eg (multi-vector, mirror, fleet, standard) any more being added?

• Why don't the multi vector assault mode share weaponry sets with the 2 other parts? and same for the Haakona and Ha'feth*

• When will we see Galaxy X Saucer Separation?

• STO will be first game to implement a new PvP engine developed by Cryptic, really when?

• Fleet vs Fleet (KDF vs FED) territory control game ("controlling and or harvesting a vast variety of resources") any true word on this?

• Addition of Delta Quadrant, if so Gamma Quadrant as-well, when?

• Will we have the ability to space (kick) crew-members from ship, then see a little person floating away from the ship?

• Will we get the ability to set the shields to continuously transfer power to one facing?

• Social like maps/zones foundry missions to let 10 - 20 players at once, yes or no?

• With above question, are we ever going to see the foundry out of its beta state and have a better developer feel to it?

This are Older Ideas
    • "Leaving Shipdock" cut-scene sequences when getting new ships, yes or no?

• Possibility of allowing players to customize geometry and texture of weapons?

• A form of encyclopedia for all information presented thus far, yes or no?

-- PLEASE ASK the Devs this--
    • In your opinion, and be honest, what would you rate STO (out of 10) in it's current stage, and why? If not, what would you change and why?

Thats all my questions for now!!!!
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why is information primarily relayed through TWITTER and not their own website/forums/game?
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    kineticimpulserkineticimpulser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for all the questions everyone - tune into www.trekradio.net Thursday 7/18/2013 at 8:30 PM EDT/ 5:30 PM PDT or download the show Monday 7/22/2013 from www.priorityonepodcast.com!

Tony
  • Options
    spartanofborgspartanofborg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dear Devs, will we see future introduction of more Vet Rewards and other ways to treat lifers and Gold members?

I.e:

Right I know this is going to get stomped all over straight away but, I've been wanting to know of cryptic will be adding more subribsvription/lifetime rewards on to the list of rewards we have;

We obviously finish with the 1000-day vet reward, the predominant item being the destroyer ship for each faction (romulan on its way), but I say what about after this, there is nothing else that long time players and lifers can sink there teeth into as a thankyou for supporting this game anymore....

I came up with a few ideas, but would also like the communities input, would be very greatfull, doin this lying in hospital to keep me busy lol, so where to start:

1100-Vet:
    Ability-Final Stand (Active) = on activation of this ability, all you auxiliary and engine power is pushed into weapons and shields (shields gain a static electrical visual, like they're overcharged) and all your sci abilities are restored, your weapon fire in all directions (with a slight % increase on usual damage), with a final shockwave being the last stand so to speak. The downside being you cannot move whi
    le activated. Becomes available when your below 35% hull and can be used in conjunction with go down fighting. (Need a reasonable cool down time).

1200-Vet: Neelix' astro cuisine (inboard the captains table station)[able to get the delta quadrant tribble with some of Neelix' food]
    He is also the person to go to for special Delta Quadrant doff missions.
    There will be a comedy-like short episode to complete for Neelix and on doing so Lifers will receive a small discount on commodities and a Delta Quadrant Doff Pack.
    Need a good passive commodities/dil discount ability here but can't think what is feasible?!

1300-Vet:
    Ultra Rare Bridge Officer Requisition = on reaching this vet rank, you will receive a communication message from s31 asking you to come to the battleground stationed near the edge of the delta quadrant: on entering the s31 operatives room he introduces you to 3 Boffs, 1 of which you can choose, the choice will be: Khazon officer, Ocampan Operative, Voth Officer (all will ne sci/eng/tac, fem/male) (need more details, and what there abilities would be)

1400-Vet:
    Ambassador to the Delta Quadrant = on reaching this point you will unlock a new Ambassador Outfit (with the option for beret or other such headress) and will open star cluster missions for this quadrant. You must see Neelix on the captains table to activate this at this point 1x Talaxian Boff becomes available for one character bind on pick-up.

1500-Vet:
    Treasures from afar = on reaching this Vet status you will receive a subspace message from Admiral Quinn/D'Tan/Chancellor J'mpok asking you to meet them on DS9 (at the room where you used to obtain omega kit).
    There will be a massive VoiceOver cut scene from ya respective faction leader, telling you that they have acquired a trade source for unique weapons from distant parts of the galaxy:
    A Vendir will now permanently be there for Gold Members (at right vet stage) and Lifers, it will offer: (from basic to rarest)
    ?Kazon- Phaser weaponry, Pulsating photon torpedoes, Kazon Raider set (includes Deflector, Engines, Warp/Sing. Core, Shields and special console
    ?cardassian- Wave-Disruptor Weaponry(not spiral wave), Quantum Flux Torpedoes, True Way Defender Set: (includes Deflector, Engines, Warp/Sing. Core, Sheilds and Special Console)
    ?Krennim- Temporal phase beams/DHC's etc. (all weapons give a warbling effect almost flickering) 3-peice Enslaver set (includes sci, eng and device console)
    ?Undine/Species 8472- Antiproton Fusion Weaponry(yellow antiproton weapons that have a Disruptor proc), SubWarp Thoron Torpedoes, Shadow Console set (includes a 2 universal consoles, a Thoron mine and a *Undine Fusion weapon platform* [you only need 3 pieces for the set but you must have the two consoles])
    Undine Deciever Set (includes Deflector, Engines, Warp/Sing. Core and Sheilds.
    *when you have both Undine sets equipped to a ship (pref. a carrier) and then equip the fusion weapon platforms in a hangar, it gives you one final set ability, the 4 platforms will circle your ship and link fusion beams to your ships deflector and your deflector will fire a fusion Thoron overload.
    All above sets need set abilities creating.

1600-Vet: not known

1700-Vet: not known

1800-Vet: not known

1900-Vet: not known

2000-Vet: Future Alliances- on reaching this Vet status you are summoned to the captains table, on entering a cut scene happens where you walk in and the whole place is full of high ranking official from around the galaxy and places you've helped and hindered, all the commanders at the table stand up as you enter and they all salute you, a big speech from your faction commander then you are given a choice of 3 SPECIAL Boffs, Undine, Tholian (in suit) and Devidian

Congratulations on becoming a 2000 day Veteran

Be happy for some input and feedback, and maybe even some answers off the devs
    Thankyou all Spartan of Borg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cavewarkcavewark Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The questions I have probably already been answered.

1. when are Afkers going to be punished for failing to help

2. Are we ever going to see true kit bash personalised ships

3. Will c-store ships ever have a t5 variant (obereth etc)

4. Will we see ships rescaled to be more inline with how they should look, talking the smaller earlier version ships vs tier 5 variants.

5. will we see more new stfs.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After finishing the reputation grind through normal 5 man dungeons, collecting various sets of MkXII items capping out reputations, perfecting our doff & boff setups, it feels wrong that the only option is to go back and keep replaying encounters we have been beating since lvl44 with rare mk X gear...

Are we ever going to see endgame content that doesn't go "sideways" in terms of difficulty, rather than upwards, giving us some sort of challenge that actually needs certain a level of gear, decent setups, real cooperation between team members, etc... ?
  • Options
    captainleavittcaptainleavitt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I want to know if a playable Cardassian faction will (DEFINETLY HAPPEN) or (MAYBE HAPPEN) at some point within the next year or two.
  • Options
    mistressbenihimemistressbenihime Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2013
      when will the crafting system be overhauled?
      [*] when will we see kits change? and will boffs change to use them?
      [*] will we ever be able to properly use cover in the ground-game like mass effect and SW:ToR?
      right now ground combat is an uninteresting shootout actually using cover my make it more tactical and make using kits more worth while. (grenades loping over cover, shields creating it, exposing your opponent making them unable to use cover, a safe haven for healers) positioning also becomes more important so does sneaking around to get behind your enemies cover.
      [*] will we be able to set behaviors for our Boffs? assigning them roles in ground combat, such as tank, healer, dps, defufer etc.
      THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
      First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
      second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
    1. Options
      blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited July 2013
      Porbally too late but last question...

Avalibility to Change Carrer? I mena it IS logical... You CAN Change it if you think about it in a Canon way....
      R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]