test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Priority One Podcast Chats w/ the Devs - Submit Your Question!

elijahmreelijahmre Member Posts: 195 Arc User
Hello Captains!!

James, Adrianne, and I will have the opportunity to sit down with several members of the Cryptic team on July 15th!

Submit your question below and we'll do our very best to get it answered by a member of the team!

Don't forget, Captains --- You can subscibe to Priority One Podcast via iTunes or by using your favorite RSS catcher. Just visit:

feeds.priorityonepodcast.com

or

[URL="itpc://feeds.feedburner.com/trekitout/priorityone"]iTunes[/URL]

We're in need of a talented Bloggers! Do you have something to say?! Join our team and have your opinions seen!... If you're interested, send us an email: incoming@priorityonepodcast.com Get involved with the STO and greater Trek Community like never before!

Thanks
-Elijah
Chief Operating Officer // Host
priorityonepodcast.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So I've come up with a bunch, but one for each dev:

For Dan Stahl:

You sidestepped this question in the last interview, but I really want to know: When and how will the Foundry ever get out of its "beta" state? Is there any plan at all to get the Foundry into a more polished one? It seems to be getting less polished and more buggy?

For Al Rivera:

As new and slightly better ships have been released, older ships have been getting comparatively weaker. Do you have any plans to do a refresh on on all the older ships? Also, can we haz fleet stats on the vet ships? Please.

For Nick Duguid, a.k.a. Tumerboy:

Rumor has it that ship interiors might be seeing some love. What can we expect from such efforts. Is there any chance that we might see more use of ship interiors in missions?

For Ian Richards:

Will we see any more of the designs from the "Design the Next Enterprise" contest show up in game?

For Matt Highison (Or the current Lead Character Artist):

Any chance we'll see open jacket versions of the Jupiter Uniforms? Will we see something along the lined of the Jupiter uniform packs for the KDF and Romulans?

For Christine Thompson:

I understand you are currently working on the Federation tutorial. I wanted to offer the following suggestion: What if, as a player, you start out as an ensign on the U.S.S. Khitomer and a have to retake the player ship which has been overrun by the Borg.

These are all I've come up with so far.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ship interiors!

I want to have the style of warp core that Voyager had. It looks cool.
    Can I see my doffs walking around my ship?
    Can I customize the NPC's uniforms if nothing else?
    Holodecks?
    Shuttlebays?
    Astrometrics lab?

Is there anything new coming to the Gateway?
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Are there any plans to go over many of the costume opions and give them a much needed overhaul?

Will the old 'legacy' emotes ever be returned to the C-Store?

Are there any plans to add some new (possibly non-borg) STFs to the queue?

Now that customized Star Trek figurines are being produced by 3D printer (http://cubify.com/store/star_trek.aspx) is this a technology that Cryptic could contract with to create figurines of our STO characters?

Can we look forward to a remastering of the Terradome mission with it being added to the STF queue, and having rewards brought up to par?
  • quadziquadzi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My bridge is currently crewed by entirely White-Quality bridge officers that have been with me since launch and I don't have the heart to airlock them. I have plenty of Blue & Purple quality officers waiting to replace them, but I would like to show more loyalty to them than we see these days in "Corporate America". Are we ever going to have a way to improve the quality of our Bridge Officers?
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will ship interiors be improved upon soon?

Personally I have no clue why there isn't a exchange/mail/bank on our ship's bridges (tuffli and dkora excluded) or at the very least a way to obtain them.

We already have an account bank on our ships (again for the most part a few are bugged to not have them). If we can have an account bank, why is there not a regular bank or at least an option to get one somehow on a normal ship?

We saw in several of the Star Trek Series that the ships were able to contact Star Fleet Command or other ships, over great distances via their ready room, and the bridge's view screen. This was for the most part a visual conversation, and if they could do this on a regular basis why can we not send a simple TEXT message from our bridges? Especially since there are now working transwarp gates throughout the quadrants that the Federation has access to.

If a tuffli and a dkora have built in exchanges already then that means the technology exists to build one. According to ingame "lore/cannon" the Ferengi have a technological trading relationship with the Federation. Therefore the Federation should be able to acquire the technology needed to build these exchanges on their own ships.

As for the rest of the ship interiors go, they could make a lot of money if they monetized the interiors of the ship (having upgrades listed in the C-Store) or even turned it into a sort of reputation type system (not similar to the Fleet Star Bases either) just remove the need for marks and tone down the requirements to be reasonable for what you would be getting. As someone already mentioned a Tailor would be nice, A holodeck which already exists in the KDF tutorial would be nice, the features on the Tuffli Freighter would be amazing, Dabo/Poker tables, etc.

Duty Officer Missions:

Why are the majority of the "good" duty officer missions located in Cardassian Space? All of the haggles for gamma quadrant commodities are there, officer exchange programs, asylums, negotiate delivery of rare commodities, contact colonization teams, deliver prototype tech to allies in the gamma quadrant, etc are located in Cardassian Space.

It is completely unreasonable to believe that there are no specific commodities for former RSE, Borg, KDF, and 8472 space. Also completely unreasonable to believe that there are no officer exchanges in those (8472/KDF excluded since we're at war). I'm sure that the Romulan Republic would be anxious to exchange officers with the Federation and as would liberated Borg. Especially since we can already obtain liberated Borg duty officers through the Omega Reputation System and Renown/Support in B'tran, and can have liberated Borg Bridge Officers, and can even PLAY as a liberated Borg captain. I could go on in spelling the rest of these examples out but I'm sure you can understand the train of thought.

Duty Officer Tiers:

Why does it seem that the only category that's really worth anything in this system is Diplomacy? The rewards for it just blow the others out of the water. The rewards include: Diplomatic Star Cluster Missions Unlocked, Transwarp to K-7, Starbase Sierra, Deep Space 9, First Contact Missions Unlocked, Grant Diplomatic Immunity, Special Uniform, Special Enemy Faction Bridge Officer, Titles, Accolades, and Duty officers for each of the tiers, and the currently not working FDC Voting Rights. By the way since that doesn't even work, why isn't it being fixed or at least removed? It's been broken for the better part of a year to my knowledge.

For science category the rewards are 4 titles, 4 duty officers, 4 accolades.

The difference is monumental, the other categories should be buffed up to close the gap.

Bridge Officers:

We can currently have a great variety in our Bridge Officers. Here are some of the more "exotic" bridge officers we can have as a Federation Captain: Breen, Liberated Borg, Jem'Hadar, Klingon, Gorn, Orion, Reman, Romulan, and Android to name a few. Since we can have so many, why not add some Tholians to the pool? Or even to be bolder a Founder or a Q? Odo served as a "Bridge Officer" on DS9, and Q's son Q was assigned to Voyager's crew for misbehavior. What about those officer exchanges in Cardassian Space? No Cardassian/Karemman/Paradan officers?

Also will there be Romulan Bridge Officers with Superior Romulan Operative for engineering and science added to the embassy store? Romulans can get them but no one else.

Kumari and Scimitar:

See http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=784411

Anyways this is just a few things that came to mind, and that I wish they would include/fix/balance.
    pvp = small package
  • lykumlykum Member Posts: 382
    edited July 2013
    In STO we see things like the Constitution style class still being used in-game and storywise (USS Kirk) but it sorts of blends 200 years into one 2409 package.

Will we ever see STO split up into their separate eras? Idea being to put each 'era' into it's own server?

Example servers:

STO: TOS
    STO: TNG
    STO: 2409
    Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    quadzi wrote: »
    My bridge is currently crewed by entirely White-Quality bridge officers that have been with me since launch and I don't have the heart to airlock them. I have plenty of Blue & Purple quality officers waiting to replace them, but I would like to show more loyalty to them than we see these days in "Corporate America". Are we ever going to have a way to improve the quality of our Bridge Officers?

Yes I'd like purple bridge officers be able to train up my bridge officers as well.

Also will we ever see an Orion bridge for Orion ships, a nausicaan bridge for Nausicaans, and a gorn bridge for Gorn ships?

Will we see Faresan Ships and Leathan ships and Trill ships?

What is the ETA on the global reputation system for stuff like invading ferenginar or the fleet Grumba?

Can you tell us anything else about the season 10 military fleet holding?
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ...lets see if I can do this right this time....

1) Will Lobi be account-wide unlocked?
    2) The reputation grind is...tiresome...any thoughts on will Cryptic streamline it?(as in either account wide unlock, account wide discount, remove time-gate, etc. etc.....)
    3) Why the mail system stealth nerf?
    4) Is another bug patch near? [Clarify: the purported Scimitar bugs, the costume bugs, etc., etc....]
  • laro1984laro1984 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When do we get Norway, Constallation, Challanger Class, and will we get Interiors from the Classic-Movie Time?
  • keeny75keeny75 Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Any plans to introduce more weapon type quad cannons?

Has anyone talked about having commander Donatra put in game with the new Romulan content. Maybe even seeing if Dina Meyer would want to reprise the role in sto?

And as an idea what about having another community ship design for a Donatra class warbird.

And finally

Can we please have a better points system for each skill so the we can see how many consoles we need to equip to max out the skill we don't have the points for.
    I click on the defense,attack etc tabs and I see lots of numbers but none of the numbers change if I take out or instal consoles in the console slots. It would be good to know if I'm installing more of one console (RCS turn rate for example) only to find see that I already reached the cap limit for that turn rate.

Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will you fix the Orion Slavers so that they loot properly and fairly, some people get tons of stuff and others get nothing. I know its supposed to be random, but it appears to be broken for many people.
  • godo3godo3 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A while ago, I read somewhere that ground kits are getting an overhaul. Could someone perhaps go into more detail about that? Will we be able to customize what skills we want on these new kits? Also, is there an estimated time of release for this? (even during what season will suffice).

Will the playable Klingon race receive more hair options in the future? As it stands, they have at best 4-5 hairstyle options, compared to most federation races which have an average of 10 or so. You can see why this is a valid concern.

Fleet special projects are mostly cosmetic and require large amounts of dilithium to complete. Are there any plans to make some of these projects into a functional advantage, such as: adding more locations to transwarp to and from the starbase, or granting an npc that can buff fleet members when interacted with, etc?

Are there any plans for melee combat in the near future? Ie: new weaons, doffs, skills, etc?

Can we expect to see some traits/ doffs that offer a great bonus to certain attributes while also decreasing others? (ie: a trait/ doff that increases attack/ accuracy, but lowers defense/ resistance)?

Will loading screens ever be overhauled? Perhaps, instead of a random screen, have an animation in which it shows the process of the character's particles being transported to the new area? Just something that isn't so bland.

Lastly, are there any plans for a boff trait system expansion? (ie: customized traits).
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If there is time for only 1 question, please let it be this one.

Being in "major Fleet Project grind mode" i am really annoyed with the diplomats in the Colony Invasion. It seems that it is random as to if they will or wont count for you (i.e. you click on them and they beam out but they don't count). It used to be if you tagged them while you were in combat, they wouldn't count but it doesn't seem to matter. Can they be put on a time like the dying colonist?

Other questions ....

Speaking of Colony Invasion, it would be nice to have the Fleet PvE events cross faction. I can queue up faster on my Fed characters versus my KDF characters. It seems that would be a plus for both factions.

IDIC Tribble? When can I buy it as Dan said that he would like to get it into the C-Store in the Feb 2013 "Ask Cryptic" by the "May Update".

Fleet Leadership changes? When are some of the ideas you guys were tossing about to prevent (postpone) situations like what happened to Caspian going to be coming?

When can we get an NX-01 Interior and Refit ship (like in the Ships of the Line calendar)?

I really would like to be able to change a few species on my captains. Please ..... please ..... I wont pay $60 but I would do low double digits. :)

Any love coming soon (tm?) for the Galaxy X (Dreadnought)?
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not to rain on the parade so to speak but is there any point in "ask the devs" anymore since they either cant say or wait and see usually like in interviews? If podcasters can arrange exclusives with them so only you hear it from them and make them good ones then for sure id listen but lately most of the podcasts interviewing devs or other media just are too generic and never really discuss the points we want to discuss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • joeykoricjoeykoric Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would like to know when Cryptic is going to restore our ability to disable emotes? This is particularly important in social zones like Risa. With lots of emotes going off rapidly, other chat conversations can be quickly lost or missed entirely.
    Fleet Admiral Zach Caldwell
    Commanding Officer, Strategic Starfleet Operations
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why ask questions? We know their just going to mislead, evade, twist the truth around and in general do nothing more than smile pretty for the camera.. Questions to that type of idiocy are just useless..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there a chance of getting the Probert Ambassador-C into the game?

Is there additional planned Romulan ships, and if so, ships that are aimed more toward Team Healing and/or Exotic Attacks?

Will there be a solution for AFK leechers?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We've asked for it many times, the perfect event came up, why no Risa beachwear???

Actually this goes for a lot of things, why do we not get listened to? Theres the question...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1. Are there any future plans to add a Reman section to Command on new Romulus?
    2. Would it be possible for the dev's to compile a list every so often of what bugs they are currently working on fixing. This would help a lot toward people not continuing to post threads about bug begging the developers to fix when you guys may be already trying to fix them.

Example:

Department head's - Currently working on
    Scimitar shield issues - Currently working on
    Galaxy X visual's - Later date (tba)

Would be beneficial to both sides.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A lot of Star Trek episodes deal with problems that occur on their own starship. Will we ever see any future STO episodes that take place inside our own starships?
  • saltypineapplesaltypineapple Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Love listening to Prioity One Podcast, keep up the great work!

1. When can we expect the fleet 1000 day ships?
    2. Will you be adding day and night cycles like those found on Risa and Bajor to other socials zones?
    3. Pvp jet pack racing has been sorely missed during this summer event, could you guys add pvp jet pack and corvette racing to the general pvp ques that gives appropriate rewards?
    4. With the upgraded Risa remaining beyond the summer event has there been any consideration to making it a neutral site allowing members of the KDF faction access to it? Also will the ornithologist remain beyond the summer event? I've built up quite the collection of eggs.
    5. The fleet I'm in will be running into an issue with the dilithium mine holdings where we can no longer run any projects due to either trade being ready to upgrade and development running its upgrade or vice-versa. Could you add an extra upgrade slot to allow two upgrade projects to run concurrently?
    6. Why did you decide to run the featured project for the dilithium mines at the holdings inception when we could only obtain access to it weeks later?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
    Come Visit the 44th Fleet
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Something small,

Can we expect the Gamma Orionis Defender accolade to be fixed sometime?

Something big,

I know that you are working on or coming up with something for a better crafting system. Do those plans include solo players being able to gain higher end gear? Even if that means working harder for that gear. If no, why alienate players from gaining something because they want nothing to do with fleets and drama?
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will the special doff abilities from the first doff pack ever be acquired in game?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All I want to know is whether there are any intentions to look into the state of balance in the game or if they plan to continue down the DPS path to escorts online
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • es5001es5001 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Update on the Romulan Time Ships?
    PVP revamp on the way? yes, no?
    Update on new featured episodes?
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    Why ask questions? We know their just going to mislead, evade, twist the truth around and in general do nothing more than smile pretty for the camera.. Questions to that type of idiocy are just useless..

Well here's their chance to answer something useful:

What are you planning on doing about the unsustainable amount of bugs that are added to the game via new content (often breaking perfectly functioning current systems) vs the amount that are fixed?

-Maintaining the current trend will eventually overrun the game so bad that everything will be not working properly. Are we counting on STO not living that long or is something going to be done?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1.) Can we expect any new STFs and/or 'raid'-type content in the near fututre or at all? Need more endgame content!

2.) Cryptic has admitted that Exploration Missions are something they feel are lacking.(Community agrees) Is the official position of the need for an Exploration Mission revamp that Foundry missions are a substitute (aka: "Foundry=new exploration") or will this issue be addressed on the development end?

3.) When can we look forward to a much needed 'big bug fix' patch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When will the Gorn FINALLY get thier love they have been promised with thier Home World, Gornar, and the Gorn revelution... AND can we side with the Gorn instead of the KDF/FED? Because us Gorn characters DONT want to stop the Gorn, we want to aide our brothers! (I
    know not really FED but by how STO is, FEDs I bet will be involved here)

Also, will we be able to see species type kits soon? Like Gorn: Rock Throw, Gorn Melle, Bite (Will Clear A Trait Slot) and some Gorn Science Skills? Cause I hate being a Gorn that can't do what other Gorn do. Search For
    blagorm in the search box to get my information on this topic. The title of the fourm should have Gornar in it!

EDIT> KDF 100 Day Veteran Reward?
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have two questions:

1. Are they planning to introduce Mk XIII and Mk XIV items with the level cap increase? If so, will we get the option to upgrade our existing fleet and reputation items instead of paying full price for new ones? Also, will there be a way upgrade regular items that come from drops, crafting, and doff missions?

2. Will they change the anti-spam system that bans players for typing certain words into game chat? See the following thread for reference:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=702731

The system is unfriendly towards players for the following reasons:

(a) A player can be banned without the manual approval of a human.
    (b) The warning is displayed in the system channel, which many players have disabled.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1. Will there ever be Vet/Lifetime costumes for Romulan's?
    2. Will there ever be Vet Ship color scheme for Romulan's?
    3. Can Romulan Captains receive Romulan DOFFs instead of REP or KDF?
    Fleet Admiral Stephen