test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Glorious Heritage Class Heavy Tactical Carrier

yomatofanyomatofan Member Posts: 90 Arc User
Since canon is pretty much dead in this game. Why not have other vessels from other Gene Roddenberry series. Andromeda was very unappreciated when the series was actually pretty good. This ship would make a good event vessel to celebrate Gene Roddenberry, the creator of Star Trek.

A picture of the ship can be found here - http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091016174939/andromedafanon/images/8/8d/Andromeda_14_by_Hatvok.jpg

Also the ship could come with an "Avatar" bridge officer which is a unique set bonus for the ship. I kinda guess that the Glorious Heritage would be a large carrier with a unique "slipfighter" pets.

The excuse for the canon fanboys in this this game could be... this ship came from an era when the Federation expanded into an intergalactic commonwealth in about 4,000 years time.
Post edited by yomatofan on

Comments

• Options
    edwardianededwardianed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Even if canon were dead, copyright laws are still very much alive and kicking.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's pretty much the Atrox. Even in the function you suggested :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Even if canon were dead, copyright laws are still very much alive and kicking.

True but Cryptic can easily get permission to use this. Its just a wacky idea but its just they've screwed over Star Trek enough, why not do it to other things as well.

Yes, it would make for a more tactical version of the Atrox which is very science focused and effectively has a better turnrate then the Atrox.
  • Options
    edwardianededwardianed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No, Cryptic cannot easily get a license to use this. Providing whoever owns the rights would be willing to lease them, it would take negotiation, legal consultation, contracts and most of all money; and whereas I can appreciate you may like this ship, money can be spent on better things for this game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    No, Cryptic cannot easily get a license to use this. Providing whoever owns the rights would be willing to lease them, it would take negotiation, legal consultation, contracts and most of all money; and whereas I can appreciate you may like this ship, money can be spent on better things for this game.

Like what exactly? Money is obviously spent on improve server stability, fixing bugs and providing consistent and bug-free new content as well as balanced new ships.... Oh wait... :confused:
  • Options
    chulaksaviour1chulaksaviour1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nope.

If this was included, where would the line be drawn? You argue that STO has thrown all canon out of the window, at least they are still trying to keep it 'Trek'. Add ships from differant franchises and every man and his dog would want his/her favourite ships in all in the name of 'Special Events' or Lockboxes

Why not

Daedalus/Prometheus
    Moya
    The White Star which drops Slave 1s as pets

All were inspired by Trek so why not? :)

Silly no?
    The distinctiveness of your ice-cream, will be added to our own. Resistance is brain freeze

Playing Since Jan 2011
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Nope.

If this was included, where would the line be drawn? You argue that STO has thrown all canon out of the window, at least they are still trying to keep it 'Trek'. Add ships from differant franchises and every man and his dog would want his/her favourite ships in all in the name of 'Special Events' or Lockboxes

Why not

Daedalus/Prometheus
    Moya
    The White Star which drops Slave 1s as pets

All were inspired by Trek so why not? :)

Silly no?

Not really in a universe where Federation Captains can fly Dominion ships... Silly no?
  • Options
    chulaksaviour1chulaksaviour1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yomatofan wrote: »
    Not really in a universe where Federation Captains can fly Dominion ships... Silly no?

While I agree with this point, least its part of the same universe. Instead of some made up tenious link to get a ship that during its run was considered so OP that apparently nothing but whole fleets could destroy it.

I see what you are saying, but adding things non Trek would further degrade the experience and we may as well start calling it Fanon Online lol.
    The distinctiveness of your ice-cream, will be added to our own. Resistance is brain freeze

Playing Since Jan 2011
  • Options
    causalityeffectcausalityeffect Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like Andromeda.
    Star Trek has actually explored the idea of self aware AIs that can pilot ships - TNG Booby Trap

However, the weapons of Andromeda are way too strong for Trek.

They have energy cannons that almost travel at the speed of light and work up to 4 light seconds =1,200,000 Km /745,000 Miles

They have missiles that go from 0.5 AU to 3 AU. = They can engage at ranges greater than the distance from Earth to the Sun.

Oh yeah... the Andromeda has 40 of those missile launchers

Finally, we have the Nova Bomb.

... a super-weapon that can destroy an entire system and the Andromeda carried 40 as part of a standard compliment.

Result: Andromeda would not work in STO and frankly I would rather not see the disgusting Cryptic mishandling attempt to shoehorn it in to make a quick buck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Does it come with 7 tac consoles, Cmdr. Tac, Lt. Cdmdr. Tac, Lt. Cdr. Uni, Lt. Uni, Lt. Uni layout, DHCs and 17 turnrate? I mean it must somehow fit STO, right? :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm surprised people haven't suggested ships from franchises such as Star Wars or Stargate in this thread. This game seems to be coming a lot less Star Trek and more to a generic space game.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about some Borg riding on giant assimilated space dragons instead?
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Atrox is fine as close as you'll get andromeda, clearly inspired by the ship, but startrekified.

Stalkers also look Andromeda ish, it has access to slips stream as well, all it needs is access to missle weapons.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Two wrongs don't make a right, OP.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,049 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    The Andromeda won't make it. Granted alternate universes are possible and it could be that while the Enterprise was zipping around in one, the Andromeda may have been zipping around in another... we're not gonna see a crossover event. The Andromeda makes the Scimitar class look like a T1 ship, she has NO shields, a whacked out Slipstram drive that is reliant on fixed points if I remember correctly...
    Getting a ship like Andromeda into STO is just not practical.
    Now Force Lances? :D <- Cheesey, knows it ain't gonna happen anyways, smile
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You have to be kidding right? A Glorious Heritage cruiser too powerful for Star Trek? Really...

(Note: I do these mental exercises for fun. I use their defined canon and soft canon descriptions with a measure of real physics mixed in).

The problem being is that the entire civilization doesn't have Warp Technology. All of their technologies are limited to the speed of light. A significant disadvantage vs Warp technology/
    I like Andromeda.
    Star Trek has actually explored the idea of self aware AIs that can pilot ships - TNG Booby Trap

However, the weapons of Andromeda are way too strong for Trek.

They have energy cannons that almost travel at the speed of light and work up to 4 light seconds =1,200,000 Km /745,000 Miles

Essential a plasma weapon. Star Trek has experience versus these types of weapons. No worse then any other type of weapons we've seen in the screen. The only difference I can see vs hitting the hull is vaporizing (normal plasma) vs m/antim annihilation. both are nasty.

Ok. Granted they may have better range. But the most we know about Federation Technolgy if the effective weapon ranged is 1 light second. That's not necessaily their maximum range. Still the range advantage is blunted by a ship that can jump to warp. It can be behind you and firing upon you before your know it.

Simple kinetic kills missiles. Starships travel at FTP speeds in the dark were a stay hydrogen atom which can punch a fist sized hole in a hull if not deflected. Hence the deflect dish and navigation shields of starships to deflect even stray bits of matter while they travel. I very much doubt those kinetic kills missions get near nor be effective against a starship.
    Finally, we have the Nova Bomb.

... a super-weapon that can destroy an entire system and the Andromeda carried 40 as part of a standard compliment.

Not an advantage. Star Trek has an equivalent technology an explosive device composed of trilithium, tekasite, and protomatter. Which if detonated inside of a star will cause it to go Supernova.
    Result: Andromeda would not work in STO and frankly I would rather not see the disgusting Cryptic mishandling attempt to shoehorn it in to make a quick buck.

Some further disadvantages are no Deflector Shield technologies. The only things they have a huge size with a lot of non vital spaces, armor, amd ablative armor of various forms.

Now for the advantages of Star Trek technology.
    • FTP sensors with a known maximum range of 10 lightyears. Starships would see the see the High Guard ships a figurative mile away.
    • FTP weaponry in the form of warp launched photon torpedoes. The ship would literally not see them coming. Even a lucky high with a defensive missle only stops the detonation at a further range. The high energy radiation from a near hit would still be devastating to the ship.
    • FTP speed. With micro jumps, the High Guard ship would see to see more than one ship in the battle. They would be firing at after images. The warp driven ship would be pelting them from all directions.
    • Warp Drive enables the them to tactically withdraw w/o pursuit. They can travel in between the star system which High Ships can follow.

I'll grant that the near instant Quantum Slipstream Drive of High Guard ships would be an advantage to systems they can reach. It's a great strategic advantage for a full on way. But for a tactical fight. They still have to reach the jump point to leave the system at FTL.
  • Options
    rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited July 2013
    Simply put

NO
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rrincy wrote: »
    Simply put

NO

I agree. It's better the realm of fanfic than an MMORPG.
  • Options
    alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    @lordfuzun. You have no idea what you are talking about. Don't compare the The Glorious Heritage class Heavy Cruiser with any startrek ships. She too over powered. Let me give you the ships stats

Length: 1301m
    Beam: 976m
    Height: 325m
    Inertial Mass: 96,408,876 kg
    Max Speed: Classified

Manpower:

Ship's Complement: 4132
    Officer/Enlisted: 1/11

Sensors:

PAS-37Q System Search Sensor (Phased Array)
    HSS-114D Hyper-Spectral Scanner (EO)
    AIS-117M Advanced Imaging Sensor (Synthetic Aperture/Moving Target Indicator)
    AIS-117I Advanced Imaging Sensor (Inverse Synthetic Aperture)
    ES/A-9R Electronic Support and Attack Measure Suite

Sensor Systems

An active EM search system that uses phased arrays of small sensor transceivers to create shapable swaths across any portion of the sky.

A hyper-spectral scanner that measures target reflections across a continuous spectrum. Suspected camouflaged or obscured targets can be tested with an active EM sensor to improve accuracy in high-threat environments.

A combined SA and MTI sensor package that can detect fixed and mobile targets, as well as fuse sensor tracks into a complete picture of the area of interest. The SA suite is also capable of interferometric image analysis, which allows the AI node to build a three-dimensional representation of visible surfaces to a one nanometer resolution at 24 light-seconds.

An ISA system that is capable of long-range detections of relatively stationary targets in high-noise environments.

Detects active sensor and communications emissions from hostile assets, including ships and missiles. The EA component of the package can be used to jam both types of signals, and in some cases to overload the hostile transceiver and destroy it.

Combat Systems:

40 ELS missile tubes
    12 PDL 50Mw turrets
    12 AP cannons
    36 RF-42 Centaur tactical fighters
    76 RA-26 Shrike strike fighters
    12 AF/A-29 Phoenix atmospheric attack craft
    16 ES-115 Oracle heavy sensor/attack drones
    8 ES-14 Janus light sensor/attack drones
    6 Radiating Counter Measure generators
    1 AI command and control entity

ES-14 Janus light sensor/attack drones
    Janus is similar to the Oracle drone in its mission specifications, but it is half the size and can carry only two of the modular sensor packages. The advantage of Janus is its relative speed and maneuverability, as well as the Low Observability technology it employs to disguise its position during combat operations. Because of its greater acceleration and speed, the relative mass that Janus can bring to bear in an attack can be far greater than the destructive power of Oracle. Janus is also more portable than its larger counterpart and easier to maintain, though it lacks a command and control capability for hunter-killer packs.

Janus is similar to the Oracle drone in its mission specifications, but it is half the size and can carry only two of the modular sensor packages. The advantage of Janus is its relative speed and maneuverability, as well as the Low Observability technology it employs to disguise its position during combat operations. Because of its greater acceleration and speed, the relative mass that Janus can bring to bear in an attack can be far greater than the destructive power of Oracle. Janus is also more portable than its larger counterpart and easier to maintain, though it lacks a command and control capability for hunter-killer packs.

AF/A-29 Phoenix atmospheric attack craft
    The Phoenix is a combined fighter/attack craft designed to operate in Earth-normal atmospheres and high-orbit. Extremely maneuverable, the Phoenix is the primary Close Air Support and long-range interdiction asset for the Lancer Corps during planetary combat operations. It is also used to clear hostile skies of tactical fighters, to clear the way for incoming Lancer drop ships and establish air dominance in advance of the main planetfall assault element. The Phoenix is equipped with dual PDL cannons and three ELS tubes capable of firing up to 6 SAPM-6III Strike Arrow missiles.

RA-26 Shrike strike fighters
    The Shrike is a fearsome high-speed attack craft used to support medium to long range anti-starship strike operations. Although not as maneuverable as a tactical fighter, the true advantage of the Shrike is its ability to put steel on target while avoiding retribution from hostile assets. It also provides the Group Operational Commander with the flexibility to hit the enemy from a number of angles at a tempo of his/her own choosing. The Shrike is equipped with a single AP cannon and 3 ELS tubes which can fire up to 6 PM-6 Star Arrow smart missiles. Like the Centaur, it can be controlled either from the cockpit or remotely, though the Shrike requires both a pilot and a weapons officer in either mode.

The Phoenix is a combined fighter/attack craft designed to operate in Earth-normal atmospheres and high-orbit. Extremely maneuverable, the Phoenix is the primary Close Air Support and long-range interdiction asset for the Lancer Corps during planetary combat operations. It is also used to clear hostile skies of tactical fighters, to clear the way for incoming Lancer drop ships and establish air dominance in advance of the main planetfall assault element. The Phoenix is equipped with dual PDL cannons and three ELS tubes capable of firing up to 6 SAPM-6III Strike Arrow missiles.

Standard Armament:

OM-5 standard offensive kinetic kill missiles
    DM-5 standard defensive kinetic kill missiles
    PM-6 Star Arrow smart anti-ship missiles
    PM-6L Strategic Star Arrow smart anti-ship missiles (extended range variant)
    PM-6LII Strategic Star Arrow multiple independent kill vehicle (MIKV) variant
    SAPM-6III Strike Arrow surface attack variant

Before the commonwealth build its newest ship the DSA ( deep stand - off attack ship) XMC was the most powerful. Only the XMC (Glorious Heritage class Heavy Cruiser is the bright star of the High Guard fleet) can go head to head with the DSA.
    But I have to agree with most people in this thread that no cross over ships. Cryptic already ruin the game with those lockboxes ships.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    alikain wrote: »
    @lordfuzun. You have no idea what you are talking about. Don't compare the The Glorious Heritage class Heavy Cruiser with any startrek ships. She too over powered. Let me give you the ships stats

Length: 1301m
    Beam: 976m
    Height: 325m
    Inertial Mass: 96,408,876 kg
    Max Speed: Classified

Manpower:

Ship's Complement: 4132
    Officer/Enlisted: 1/11

Sensors:

Sensor Systems

An active EM search system that uses phased arrays of small sensor transceivers to create shapable swaths across any portion of the sky.

A hyper-spectral scanner that measures target reflections across a continuous spectrum. Suspected camouflaged or obscured targets can be tested with an active EM sensor to improve accuracy in high-threat environments.

A combined SA and MTI sensor package that can detect fixed and mobile targets, as well as fuse sensor tracks into a complete picture of the area of interest. The SA suite is also capable of interferometric image analysis, which allows the AI node to build a three-dimensional representation of visible surfaces to a one nanometer resolution at 24 light-seconds.

An ISA system that is capable of long-range detections of relatively stationary targets in high-noise environments.

Detects active sensor and communications emissions from hostile assets, including ships and missiles. The EA component of the package can be used to jam both types of signals, and in some cases to overload the hostile transceiver and destroy it.

Combat Systems:

40 ELS missile tubes
    12 PDL 50Mw turrets
    12 AP cannons
    36 RF-42 Centaur tactical fighters
    76 RA-26 Shrike strike fighters
    12 AF/A-29 Phoenix atmospheric attack craft
    16 ES-115 Oracle heavy sensor/attack drones
    8 ES-14 Janus light sensor/attack drones
    6 Radiating Counter Measure generators
    1 AI command and control entity

RA-26 Shrike strike fighters
    The Shrike is a fearsome high-speed attack craft used to support medium to long range anti-starship strike operations. Although not as maneuverable as a tactical fighter, the true advantage of the Shrike is its ability to put steel on target while avoiding retribution from hostile assets. It also provides the Group Operational Commander with the flexibility to hit the enemy from a number of angles at a tempo of his/her own choosing. The Shrike is equipped with a single AP cannon and 3 ELS tubes which can fire up to 6 PM-6 Star Arrow smart missiles. Like the Centaur, it can be controlled either from the cockpit or remotely, though the Shrike requires both a pilot and a weapons officer in either mode.

Standard Armament:

OM-5 standard offensive kinetic kill missiles
    DM-5 standard defensive kinetic kill missiles
    PM-6 Star Arrow smart anti-ship missiles
    PM-6L Strategic Star Arrow smart anti-ship missiles (extended range variant)
    PM-6LII Strategic Star Arrow multiple independent kill vehicle (MIKV) variant
    SAPM-6III Strike Arrow surface attack variant

Before the commonwealth build its newest ship the DSA ( deep stand - off attack ship) XMC was the most powerful. Only the XMC (Glorious Heritage class Heavy Cruiser is the bright star of the High Guard fleet) can go head to head with the DSA.
    But I have to agree with most people in this thread that no cross over ships. Cryptic already ruin the game with those lockboxes ships.

And each of the missiles the Glorious Heritage class has has the impressive firepower of 22 megatons (Exalted Reason, Resplendent Daughter)...which is about one-third of the firepower a Photon Torpedo can muster (64 MTs at a 1.5kg payload).
    So what's so impressive about that?
    Even IF those shots hit the shields they'll do very little damage. And the AP cannons we saw in the shows were not exactly more damaging than the missiles so at close range the GH class would be pretty much useless.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    @misterde; that what you think, I wouldn't say at close range it will be useless, rather even more effective. By the way where did you get the 22 Megatons Yield from.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • Options
    redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    With there being so many other Trek ships not in the game that should be. Why would they want to open up the can of worms that is adding non Trek ships. Next you would have people asking for the Millenium Falcon to be added to the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    With there being so many other Trek ships not in the game that should be. Why would they want to open up the can of worms that is adding non Trek ships. Next you would have people asking for the Millenium Falcon to be added to the game.

This was cryptic doing anyway with all the lockboxes business. I think I saw a thread the other day about mass effect ship SSV Normandy, someone was asking for it .
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    alikain wrote: »
    @lordfuzun. You have no idea what you are talking about. Don't compare the The Glorious Heritage class Heavy Cruiser with any startrek ships. She too over powered. Let me give you the ships stats.

I've used the same sources you are pulling from. I'm not going to get into a point for point debate over this here. This isn't thread nor the forum for it. I've made my points (which you didn't respond to, BTW). If you wish continue this, let's it to Private messages and let the thread get back on topic.
  • Options
    aurelias1aurelias1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    robeasom wrote: »
    I'm surprised people haven't suggested ships from franchises such as Star Wars or Stargate in this thread. This game seems to be coming a lot less Star Trek and more to a generic space game.

It has always been a generic space game. The 'Star Trek' name and paint jobs are just there to keep people interested and paying.
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Last time I checked, CBS has to ok everything. If CBS says a fed captain can have Jem ships, then it doesn't violate canon. It's highly likely there is a lot of bug ships lying around adrift from the war, getting a few working and using them is not that far fetched and idea. And correct me if I'm wrong, but are not some of those ships from the 2011 winter event. So Q had a hand in them getting loose.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yomatofan wrote: »

Yeah that's silly not like a federation captain such as Sisko would ever steal a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and fly it nope never happen not in a million years *cough cough A Time to Stand* Nope never happen that's about as crazy as a Cardassian hijacking a Klingon bird of prey and using it as his own personal attack ship.:P
    I mean they'd have to be pretty desperate if they were using any ship they could get their hands on , only way that would make any sense was if there was a war on but we don't have any of those going on now do we.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Millennium Falcon was in First Contact, it's canon BRING IT HERE! :P
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    causalityeffectcausalityeffect Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    You have to be kidding right? A Glorious Heritage cruiser too powerful for Star Trek? Really...

(Note: I do these mental exercises for fun. I use their defined canon and soft canon descriptions with a measure of real physics mixed in).

The problem being is that the entire civilization doesn't have Warp Technology. All of their technologies are limited to the speed of light. A significant disadvantage vs Warp technology/

Your entire 'mental exercise' was a waste of time since you clearly missed the point.

Star Trek cannot compete with another universe that routinely packs system destroying weapons as part of a standard compliment.
    A single Glorious Heritage packs 40 of those bombs and can spam fire them in minutes with the fleet numbering in the hundreds of thousands.

The High Guard could literally exterminate the major worlds of any major power in the Trek galaxy without breaking a sweat. Getting into the stupidity of their technology being limited to the speed of light is really irrelevant.

Andromeda has ships traveling between galaxies in minutes so any Trek power would need to have 100% protection around their planets and suns constantly. If even one High Guard slips through... oh look your entire system is gone.

Maybe this will provide a visual clue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    And each of the missiles the Glorious Heritage class has has the impressive firepower of 22 megatons (Exalted Reason, Resplendent Daughter)...which is about one-third of the firepower a Photon Torpedo can muster (64 MTs at a 1.5kg payload).
    So what's so impressive about that?

You mean besides the fact that a Glorious Heritage can carry and fire thousands of said missiles in a matter of seconds?