test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 2, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• johnharrisonloljohnharrisonlol Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vividh wrote: »
    well it was announced in the dev blog - and on twitter so...

And worrying about such things does lead to remaining a virgin! Yes this is meant to be a flame. You should consider it a flame, and I do not apologize in advance. :)
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    its great to see another massive list of bug fixes.

keep up the great work cryptic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So I like the part about increasing the reward rate of favors for the Hunt, but what about increasing the rewards for Dance Party? After you've done it once to get the Samba Advanced emote there is absolutely no reason to do it again, 25 favors for the time invested is so not worth it. It takes less than 5 minutes to complete the Hunt with the basic floater and you currently get about 32 favors in that time, the Dance takes 10-11 minutes to complete and should give us at least double what it currently does, IMO of course.
    Have to agree, perhaps for people who already have the dance accolade. Make it worth our time to site around for 10-11 minutes boringly toggling through dance emotes. In other words, make it worth the tedium.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vividh wrote: »
    well it was announced in the dev blog - and on twitter so...

Announcing it in those two places is fine and dandy but if you look at the dev blog and see that "oh a new ship is coming out", then you go to see the patch notes, "oh the ship isn't in the patch notes" can you see how that could cause some confusion?

I'm not even going to get started on why they post some information only on twitter and not their own website/forums.
    pvp = small package
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please speak only for yourself, thank you kindly. I, like many others I assume, have quite a bit of patience AND understanding.

And, if that makes me a 'spineless slave' in your opinion... well, rest assured, I shall not be losing any sleep over it.

Sleep well, then.:D
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • chtullu0815chtullu0815 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I sense some irony :rolleyes:
  • ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so why was this patch not started and 6 am PDT?
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • voyager99voyager99 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I too want to play this as often as possible, but I prefer high quality to high quantity. So if it takes them longer to work out problems, then so be it.

Most of the issues with this game I can look the other way about, unless it's long sector load times during TTU or random dc's.
  • aeternavitaaeternavita Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I sense some irony :rolleyes:

I think you'll find that was sarcasm rather than irony.
  • erectus1erectus1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Isn't pased 10 o'clock on Pacific Daylight Time (US) ?
  • trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think you'll find that was sarcasm rather than irony.

Or Both!!!:D:cool:
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rob2485 wrote: »
    <Rant redacted>
    I'm going to have to add this to the rules or something. Basically, "maintenance windows don't revolve around you." It's a US hosted game, and most people in the US are at work right now. Also, the guys doing the maintenance would have to be paid overtime to do it during weird hours, like 2am CST. Deal with it. If nothing else, heavens forbid if you don't get a chance to play today, you'll get to play tomorrow and through the weekend, maintenance-downtime free. With plenty of days left to get your 1000 pearls for your Corvette.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2013

ROFL! Thanks, that really made my laugh for today! Perfect dose of sarcasm :D
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    erectus1 wrote: »

I asked the same question. It's been extended to four hours.
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
  • katanic123katanic123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    woot Servers Back Up
    Captain Cavillian
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reltehhtuoyreltehhtuoy Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Really a yawner... I don't understand.... Yet i give the benifit of the doubt..
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is ridiculous.

Extended maintenance means I cant play til I get home.

Got home late last night so I couldn't play much. Extended maintenance today and early work tomorrow means I lost a total of 3 days play time.

WTF!!!!!!!

I am sick of star trek offline.

Not to mention the maintenance does nothing with the patch they are adding it will fix problems with the useless summer event. I spent about 3 minutes in the summer event and decided its not worth it.

Why can't you guys get things right.

If you want a game revolving around you make one, or pay someone to make one... Just saying.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
    edited July 2013
    erectus1 wrote: »

it was extended to 11 PDT
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Well not really, I assume you think I haven't had any of the problems and therefore see no reason to complain, this is not the case, I don't complain because I know there'll be a fix, until there is I'll post in the appropriate forum thread...
    I'm only poking some fun at you, not trying to make it personal or insult your intelligence. But I do thing you are a bit too passive.

As you stated above "I know there'll be a fix".
    Seriously? How can you know that when there are bugs that have existed for over 7 months now and have yet to be fixed?

Since you know that they will be fixed, maybe you could enlighten the rest of us as to when that will be.
    Thanks in advance! :)
  • xero328xero328 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is ridiculous.

Extended maintenance means I cant play til I get home.

Got home late last night so I couldn't play much. Extended maintenance today and early work tomorrow means I lost a total of 3 days play time.

WTF!!!!!!!

I am sick of star trek offline.

Not to mention the maintenance does nothing with the patch they are adding it will fix problems with the useless summer event. I spent about 3 minutes in the summer event and decided its not worth it.

Why can't you guys get things right.

door is over there, sir. Can take a sabbatical from game...quit altogether, battle on through, your choice. And I am sure we ALL feel for you, since we have been there. I KNOW I have...But flipping out on here does little except to irritate others that don't need to hear about it.
    edited July 2013
    katanic123 wrote: »
    woot Servers Back Up
    Liar!!!!!!!!
  • tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OK Bran do what you need to do but I hope this update is not one that is going to crash the server while you guys are on vacation. :eek:
  • ghostsofwar116ghostsofwar116 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Could we please get updated patch notes, if they have pushed the patch back because they may be adding stuff in, fine so be it, but at lease make sure you have up to date patch notes.
  • tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Could we please get updated patch notes, if they have pushed the patch back because they may be adding stuff in, fine so be it, but at lease make sure you have up to date patch notes.

Amen. /10char
    pvp = small package
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    was there meant to be a rward for completing nukara tier V? I got nothing for that but after finding out the romulan t5 rep mission to be bugged I was wondering if that was bugged also

They probably never had any intention to give out a Tier V Nukara reward. So, very likely not-bugged. And frankly, when I started the rep system, I didn't even realize we'd be getting any rewards at all. But when I got my Omega rewards, and them the Romulan one, I felt kinda disappointed, really, that they skimped on the Nukara deal.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited July 2013
    xero328 wrote: »
    door is over there, sir. Can take a sabbatical from game...quit altogether, battle on through, your choice. And I am sure we ALL feel for you, since we have been there. I KNOW I have...But flipping out on here does little except to irritate others that don't need to hear about it.

He speaks the truth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
    edited July 2013
    Cbs= Cheap Brokearse Servers
  • weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not to be the new countdown guy, but only 1 hour and 25 mins left! (I added an extra hour, because, ya know, Cryptic.)
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
  • vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    weirdoman1 wrote: »
    Not to be the new countdown guy, but only 1 hour and 25 mins left! (I added an extra hour, because, ya know, Cryptic.)

I see what you did there
    In game: @vividh
    edited July 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    No-one needs to hear about it - it demonstrates that the person doing the raging seems to think that he is the only person affected by not being able to PLAY the GAME. :rolleyes:

There are 10 MillionMillionMillionMillionMillionMillionMillion Players in the game that we can observe, the whine made the poster look bad. please take it back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
This discussion has been closed.