test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier V Romulus Rep mission: "Secrets of the Ancients" stuck (Resolved!)

Comments

• masterkeychnk5masterkeychnk5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same, bugged here as well.

Great.

Not just that, also just figured out that Nukara Tier 5 doesnt give ANY reward waht so ever.

This pathetic Grind system already is a pain to grind up to (Aka not account wide) and now seeing all these bugs, wow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not Snakie, MT is!
  • amalefactoramalefactor Member Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm thrilled at the edit that the GMs put in this thread. No, I really am. It means they ARE investigating it. It may take a patch, and that's frustrating, but I know help is on the way. :)

For those who are approaching tier 5 completion, hold off. Save yourself the headache, especially if you hate ground missions and hate repeating them.

Help is on the way. Check patch notes in the future.
    edited June 2013
    After a lengthy wait in the mission and tweeting a *LOT*. I got some replies.

So there you have it, don't even do this mission until they fix it. That kinda sucks.

Anyway thought I'd post this for everyone. Me, I'm gonna take a 2-day break from STO. maybe even longer as this just broke my fun factor for this game for a while. Straw, camel's back and all.

Thank you, by the way, for referring them to this thread.

Unlike Captain "I Got Mine" some posts ago, yes, this is a serious problem to some people, myself included.

I can take some comfort in knowing a patch is imminent at least. Your bringing of it to their attention means a lot to me. Thanks again.
  • harlequinpixieharlequinpixie Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here stuck, so it's pointless even doing the tier five mission at all. Can't get GM help as the help is totally rubbish, submitting a ticket does bugger all. The review findings part is behind some invisible wall we cannot get to, so really this is messed up.
    edited June 2013
    Hiya, Romulan aligned to the Fed here, got the same issue. Sent a ticket and so forth, sort of sucks in a whole due to wishing to get this boring rep grind done. Anyhow, can repeat the D'Tan speech that makes me want to shoot him in the face. And simply cannot review the findings, so all in all, ended two reps recently and no reward for either.

What a gem!
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am also stuck with the mission on my Rom-Fed character. I have run it two times now without luck. Ticket is not being answered...who wonders...

I have attached a screenshot of the ground map. As you can see the marker circles are off the charts and nowhere reachable. Guess that breaks it?

http://s14.directupload.net/file/d/3302/grym9fic_jpg.htm
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hit T5 rom today on my (fed aligned rom) did all the missions but stuck on this one, will not complete. So iam with you all on this. *sigh* so much for getting my rom mark goodies :(
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • auron8222auron8222 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same problem,I can't finish the T5 mission with my fed-romulan toon
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yup, just ran into this problem on my Romulan character as well. It doesn't let me progress pass "View the Findings."
  • madmansnipes007madmansnipes007 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2013
    Same :mad:
  • tenkendotenkendo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fed-rom here. Same issue. Done it 3 times in as many days. Still no luck.
  • zeven2004zeven2004 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ditto here. :(

Would be nice if someone from Cryptic popped in to confirm ...
  • leescottyleescotty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm having that same problem on my fed rom and was going to run it again later today once I can pick up the mission again to gain access, my game actually froze and crashed at the end so thought it was that but like all the rest of you I have filed a support ticket
    edited July 2013
    If any of you find a workaround or find out a patch fixed it let us all know!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You know, while I'm not surprised the mission was launched in this condition; I AM surprised that a full month+ after LoR launch, i's STILL in this condition.

Honestly, if this doesn't show that Cryptic's/PWE's current QA and Bug Triage procedures are lacking in a major way, i don't know what does. How this wasn't caught pre-launch and put near (if not at) the top of the Priority Bugs to Fix list is beyond me.

(And again, if this was tested by QA; and the problem didn't appear; it again shows that the QA test environment itself is severely lacking -- and deserves serious attention to make it a proper testing environment for the QA testers to do their work in.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just another confirmation. not sure why i attempted it. guess i thought i'd be lucky.

Are we stuck with the view the findings there until this is fixed? anyway to clear it and get it back later?
    ACCESS DENIED
  • denveralexdenveralex Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hello all,

I'm experiencing a glitch in the final T5 Romulan rep mission - I'm at the point where you are supposed to 'view the findings,' so I watch the cutscene but nothing happens after it completes. I have tried watching the cutscene in different areas of the final room but to no avail. The mission itself does not update and receive no hail from Quinn to receive my T5 reward.

Has anyone experienced this glitch? If so, how did you remedy it?

Many Thanks!
  • jennysevenjennyseven Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am also at the same point with my new rom toon...watched the video more than once. Ran the mission again after waiting for the cooldown after leaving and coming back.
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    has any one else had problems with the t5 romulan rep mission?? secrets of the ancients.

after I've signalled d'tan and watched that long animation. nothing happens seems I'm unable to complete it :( still says reviews findings in journal and the only option is to signal d'tan again for the same animation.

any help or tips to get around this would be very helpful..... and yeah I've done this on several other characters. but this is the 1st time on a romulan

thanks for merging this to the right place * :) *
  • rathsartaro1rathsartaro1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can actually do that mission when you get t3 or t4 and obviously they expect you to do it

If you do it for the first time at t5 you then need to repeat it. And it has a 20 hour cooldown

Oh, and don't do it on elite. Save yourself a lot problems that i just had lol
    edited July 2013
    You know, while I'm not surprised the mission was launched in this condition; I AM surprised that a full month+ after LoR launch, i's STILL in this condition.

Honestly, if this doesn't show that Cryptic's/PWE's current QA and Bug Triage procedures are lacking in a major way, i don't know what does. How this wasn't caught pre-launch and put near (if not at) the top of the Priority Bugs to Fix list is beyond me.

(And again, if this was tested by QA; and the problem didn't appear; it again shows that the QA test environment itself is severely lacking -- and deserves serious attention to make it a proper testing environment for the QA testers to do their work in.)

As upset as I am about this bug halting the completion of my tier 5 Romulan story arc (and the dilithium and marks it grants), I think they had no idea this bug existed until it was reported here, which could not be done until the first of us made it far enough with new Romulan/Reman characters to notice it was freshly broken.

More or less, I think Q+A skipped checking this one by assuming because it worked fine (if wonkily) for non-Rom Feds and KDF, it would be fine with Roms too. I think adding the extra dialogue (nice touch) messed it up somewhere. That, or the fact that the update oval on the map is way out of reach, which seems a dumb mistake more than a bug.

So, I don't think your complaint is fair to them, even if I'm bothered by the bug too.
    edited July 2013
    You can actually do that mission when you get t3 or t4 and obviously they expect you to do it

If you do it for the first time at t5 you then need to repeat it. And it has a 20 hour cooldown

Oh, and don't do it on elite. Save yourself a lot problems that i just had lol

ok thanks. i'll try again but I've run the mission now 5 times I'm able to complete what was the t4 mission. but t5 wise nothing updates after signalling d'tan. which also means I can't get the rather nice t5 reward :(
  • leescottyleescotty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so it looks like we are all stuck waiting for a patch that will hopefully come along at some point so all of us rom toons can finally complete this mission after all that grinding and get some reward (i know from doing this on 4 other toons the dil and rom marks is very handy indeed)
    fingers crossed the patch happens sooner than later and it probably was the dialogue change that messed it up as its also a different volume in the bits they altered for roms
    edited July 2013
    leescotty wrote: »
    so it looks like we are all stuck waiting for a patch that will hopefully come along at some point so all of us rom toons can finally complete this mission after all that grinding and get some reward (i know from doing this on 4 other toons the dil and rom marks is very handy indeed)
    fingers crossed the patch happens sooner than later and it probably was the dialogue change that messed it up as its also a different volume in the bits they altered for roms

looks that way!!! i can only assume that the bug would have only got noticed recently. not really something i got to test while beta testing LOR on tribble.
  • neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there anyway to remove the mission and get it back so it doesn't have to sit there in the mission window?
    ACCESS DENIED
    edited July 2013
    anyone check to see if they fixed the issue it todays patch?
    edited July 2013
    anyone check to see if they fixed the issue it todays patch?

Nope, still broken.
    edited July 2013
    Nope, still broken.

why should I expect it would of... love having not be able to finish my last mission.. its great. :rolleyes:

ps.. thanks for checking
  • dweezemandweezeman Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Still broken, KDF aligned Romulan here. Just tried it and am stuck at 'View findings'.

Ticket 1851215 submitted.
  • gigemaggiesgigemaggies Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dweezeman wrote: »
    Still broken, KDF aligned Romulan here. Just tried it and am stuck at 'View findings'.

Ticket 1851215 submitted.

Same for me - KDF-aligned Romulan can't complete the quest after viewing findings. Submitted a ticket (1851233).
This discussion has been closed.