test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Better not see anyone with Weapons on Risa!

newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Risa

By the mid-24th century, Risa had developed a reputation as being a most peaceful planet where weapons weren't allowed. (TNG: "Captain's Holiday"; DS9: "Let He Who Is Without Sin...")

Risa was most noted for the frank and open sexuality of its native population. Identified by a decorative emblem on their foreheads between the eyes, Risians often initiate or respond to the desire for sexual relations through the use of a small statuette called a horga'hn, the Risian symbol of sexuality or fertility. Display of a horga'hn announced that the owner wished to participate in jamaharon, a Risian sexual rite. (TNG: "Captain's Holiday"; DS9: "Let He Who Is Without Sin...")
Post edited by newromulan1 on

Comments

• nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Or what?
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So that's FULL H.E.A.R.T. GEAR?
    maximum weapons and a fully armed away team??

code 14 protocols
    and bio thermal dampers?
    Live long and Prosper
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited June 2013
    nileight1 wrote: »
    Or what?

I am not really an RPer - but I would like something - just SOMETHING in this game to continue the tradition of CANON!!
  • daggermoondaggermoon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lol wait your honestly expecting klingons to not have weapons?

bones get to the bridge we need a sanity check!
    edited June 2013
    daggermoon wrote: »
    lol wait your honestly expecting klingons to not have weapons?

bones get to the bridge we need a sanity check!

My KDF will not be attending unless I get a plausible reason that they would be at a Federation resort world during war-time. They will continue to board and takeover Fed transports during the event.
  • packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't believe you could fire your weapons while in the winter wonderland (correct me if I'm wrong) so I don't see why it would be any different in the summer event.
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Or what?

so much this^^^^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited June 2013
    packer3434 wrote: »
    I don't believe you could fire your weapons while in the winter wonderland (correct me if I'm wrong) so I don't see why it would be any different in the summer event.

But it is the principle - you were banned from having/carrying weapons on Risa according to the shows.
  • apersont1apersont1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i'm sorry but you hard core trekkies are really getting on my nerves

CANON ISN'T EVERYTHING

Having a fun game is more important

"oh this phaser bank is in the wrong place" "OMGz dis gaiz is breaking Canon"

Seriously, get a life
    MTV Cribs eat your heart out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But it is the principle - you were banned from having/carrying weapons on Risa according to the shows.

Are Cryptic able to stop players from drawing their weapons on certain maps? If so this would seem like a good solution.
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Jeebuz I hate to do this...but here goes... :rolleyes:

Well I guess Chuck Norris won't be visiting Risa this summer. :P
  • bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are Cryptic able to stop players from drawing their weapons on certain maps? If so this would seem like a good solution.

There are actually several Ground Maps where you can't use your weapons and Many offensive skills. Most of the station "Hub" areas prevent you using weapons. Actually, Risa currently prevents you using weapons. What? I heard that a Foundry Mission by Hav that Starts on Risa was good.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2013

the only weapons you were allowed to use in the WW were the special snowball guns.
  • zev92zev92 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But weapons are always a must to have if your a klingon, and really with feds around saying behave and challenging your honor. There must be an honor dual then.
    edited June 2013
    tenkari wrote: »
    the only weapons you were allowed to use in the WW were the special snowball guns.

Ok but in TNG they made a specific point - in a conversation - that you could not carry or possess weapons on risa - they were not allowed - you could not beam down with one. Any weapons that were there had to be smuggled in - certainly Starfleet officers on vaction were not allowed to carry weapons - let alone draw them.
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe we can use water guns and klingons wood bat'leths...
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,443 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My KDF will not be attending unless I get a plausible reason that they would be at a Federation resort world during war-time. They will continue to board and takeover Fed transports during the event.
    Then you won't be seeing weapons on Risa, will you? What's the issue here?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok but in TNG they made a specific point - in a conversation - that you could not carry or possess weapons on risa - they were not allowed - you could not beam down with one. Any weapons that were there had to be smuggled in - certainly Starfleet officers on vaction were not allowed to carry weapons - let alone draw them.

Well, maybe they learned something from the time a bunch of morons smuggled multiple phaser rifles onto Risa and threatened the guests to prove that the planet was decadent and helpless against the Dominion.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe some water guns like the snowball guns?
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe some water guns like the snowball guns?

Dude, copyright!!!! :P
    edited June 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    Then you won't be seeing weapons on Risa, will you? What's the issue here?

I do have some Fed toons as well - I would be OK with the water guns idea if the girls get to have a wet white t-shirt contests - those are always popular at spring break and summer events - the girls love it and the guys!
    edited June 2013
    I do have some Fed toons as well - I would be OK with the water guns idea if the girls get to have a wet white t-shirt contests - those are always popular at spring break and summer events - the girls love it and the guys!

i like this +++++ 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited June 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    i like this +++++ 1

I have changed my mind - in protest of the no Swimwear - I am bringing my white skinned/blue eyed - long blond hair Orion Captain to Risa and will outfit her just to show the bikini. - plus arm braclets - and bare feet!

If there are water guns - she will be running around spraying people with digial water.
  • alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    i like this +++++ 1

You do Realise that Vulcans and their Non-Emotion business are going to ruin the fun. :D
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • medtac124medtac124 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Lol. I thought this game was supposed to be PG
    [SIGPIC]Click here to visit our website[/SIGPIC]
    lunasto wrote: »
    Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
    edited June 2013
    alikain wrote: »
    You do Realise that Vulcans and their Non-Emotion business are going to ruin the fun. :D

dang if we only had JJ he could some how blow up their planet to keep them busy :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • article001article001 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    but what about my plasma flamethrower luau party?
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To perdition with canon.. It's nice when they can stay canon at Cryptic, but its happen far nuff between to be noteworthy..

Example..
    You the player are a Vice Admiral... Major General.. WHAT ARE YOU DOING STILL COMMANDING A SHIP AT FLAG RANK?

ya, little things.. like that.. really beat the TRIBBLE out of emersion.. So, Don't worry about it.

I want that Risain Corvette for my two toons in the Solid Gold Pressed Latinum Dancers...for thier silly RP backround they're a perfect fit... So heck! I'm going for it.. And the Dancers fleet is a KDF side..

If its just to embarrassing to bring your main toon to rise for the event.. then quick make a silly toon for it, and come have fun, ya know, loosed your photons a bit..expand your warp plasma manifold.. GO HAVE SOME SILLY NON CANON FUN..

like really, your playing STO and your that concerned about canon..*sigh!* be happy that a trek feel is maintained.. not nuff computer gameing trek fans around to do a purist MMO game... and make any real money off it.. Its a computer gMMO "Industry"... if theres no money it is, it won't get done... especially when MMO are unfinished product and always growing so thier new and fresh.. Development costs are akin to a car factory retooling its entire line every single week.. Time consuming and expensive.. and never nuff time to test everything properly... Thats why in STO players best get used to bugs, because there is no way to avoid them.. Its endemic to the product
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    who needs weapons.Since they wont give us swimsuits for Risa ,I will and everyone should ,wear a EV suit.
  • vegie0vegie0 Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    who needs weapons.Since they wont give us swimsuits for Risa ,I will and everyone should ,wear a EV suit.

I am in on this, should the Summer Event be worth time. I will only appear in an EV suit. I think this might be hilarious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]