test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dilithium Mining

xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
Ok this is totally getting ridicules Do we really need to put and more resources into these dumb projects.This is really getting to the point did we need Dilithium MINE this is point less.

I am totally getting burnt out be cause these dam freaking daily grinds are too costly i mean really.The Star base build is bad enough then you guys added the Embassy and now this.I mean really what are you guys at cryptic smoking must be some good stuff.

Lots of us are getting burnt out on this dumb ****.
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Post edited by xcom43 on

Comments

• Options
    gstamo01gstamo01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's what we need, another way slam into the 8k dil barrier..

Thank goodness we have another fleet reputation to grind out also... I mean, these stem bolts were starting to collect dust.
    You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Another pointless item now is the dilithium refine cap 8,000 a day is useless now.We need to be able refine as much as we want if you are going to add more useless projects.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    chulaksaviour1chulaksaviour1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xcom43 wrote: »
    Another pointless item now is the dilithium refine cap 8,000 a day is useless now.We need to be able refine as much as we want if you are going to add more useless projects.

This.

As a KDF aligned Rommie, if I tried I could easily hit 10-15,000 dil a day maybe more :/
    The distinctiveness of your ice-cream, will be added to our own. Resistance is brain freeze

Playing Since Jan 2011
  • Options
    curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have plenty of ridiculous money and supply pits in the real world. Working on the fleet base just feels like a slow ride to nowhere special.
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • Options
    iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    meh, 8k is fine for me. I get much less than that a day.

But the mine only has 2 active projects, which is pretty sad. (I know embassy only had 2 as well), but this is new, and should get 3. Or 4. Or 10.
  • Options
    devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited June 2013
    If I want dilithium I can easily produce 28-34k refined dil per day. If I actually used all of my characters I'd be able to refine 48k per day. I don't know why people still get all upset about only 8k per day.

As for people complaining about more projects to do. If there were no projects people would complain that there is nothing to do. Embassy is already done, we're also a week from tier 5 science and all the upgrades that go with that including the starbase upgrade. You can finish all this stuff if you are organised and contribute. We were discussing last night that prior to the expansion and all the romulan/reman alts wanting fleet credits all the projects were being filled by 5 people. Seriously 5 people playing daily should be able to comfortably fill the projects.

Also if you feel burnt out do something else. I took a 5 day break because I felt like it. It doesn't progress my reps but who cares. The game is more fun when you haven't played for a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well when you been playing this game for over 3 years then you would get sick of the grind day in and day out its like a 4th job lol.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Grinding for the fleet base IS a job. It's supposed to be, it's supposed to give you something to do in game and you get something out of it in return.

No one is forcing you to do it. If you don't want to, don't.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh pls stop crying like a baby

It's here now

Do it don't do who cares
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited June 2013
    xcom43 wrote: »
    Well when you been playing this game for over 3 years then you would get sick of the grind day in and day out its like a 4th job lol.

If your goal is doing that grind that's up to you. I'm not as determined on the rep/fleet system unless I'm in a motivated mood. The gear is nice to have but not critical to enjoy the game. Every since I picked up a lot of the lock box ships and gear I tend to set specific goals and work towards those. If it doesn't fit the goal I don't bother.

If you cap dil on every single character and keep the reps running all the time you're setting a lot of work for yourself. TBH when the rep system turned up I wasn't worried and took a break for 3 months. I did most of the rep stuff when I came back for the winter event. Plenty to do and plenty of fun to be had.

Don't treat it all as a job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    url1kurl1k Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Our teeny fleet will do tier I then never touch it again. Worth the 3% discount but the higher levels aren't worth it.
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think the main point is that Cryptic is relying far too heavily on grinding when there are other avenues of end-game dynamics that they could be adding to the game as well. If anyone remembers the boom of space games from before a lot of them had very simple yet entertaining gameplay such as commodity buy/sell.

All of the endgame content is designed around grinding in one way or another and the astronomical resource costs for fleet progression is just their overcompensating for not having a more dynamic endgame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2013

It's here now

Do it don't do who cares

Spoken like a true apologist.

He is not crying. The OP is correct. You are making excuses. it has gotten to the point where there is too little dilithium available per day to do these kinds of things properly. You can't just keep adding sinks without adjusting the amount that is available. that breaks the system
  • Options
    wolf3130wolf3130 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    devian666 wrote: »
    If I want dilithium I can easily produce 28-34k refined dil per day. If I actually used all of my characters I'd be able to refine 48k per day. I don't know why people still get all upset about only 8k per day.

As for people complaining about more projects to do. If there were no projects people would complain that there is nothing to do. Embassy is already done, we're also a week from tier 5 science and all the upgrades that go with that including the starbase upgrade. You can finish all this stuff if you are organised and contribute. We were discussing last night that prior to the expansion and all the romulan/reman alts wanting fleet credits all the projects were being filled by 5 people. Seriously 5 people playing daily should be able to comfortably fill the projects.

Also if you feel burnt out do something else. I took a 5 day break because I felt like it. It doesn't progress my reps but who cares. The game is more fun when you haven't played for a while.

selling zen dosent count as earning dilli it is impossible to refine more then 9k per day 8k if your ftp like alot of players and alot of players cant afford to buy zen just to sell it for dilli with all these added dilli costs with the rep system and all these fleet projects and on top of those you pay dilli to get gear to it's no wonder the casual player cant get any where but it's all good i'll keep playing and stick with mission rewards till those start costing dilli to or get removed
  • Options
    wolf3130wolf3130 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If your goal is doing that grind that's up to you. I'm not as determined on the rep/fleet system unless I'm in a motivated mood. The gear is nice to have but not critical to enjoy the game. Every since I picked up a lot of the lock box ships and gear I tend to set specific goals and work towards those. If it doesn't fit the goal I don't bother.

If you cap dil on every single character and keep the reps running all the time you're setting a lot of work for yourself. TBH when the rep system turned up I wasn't worried and took a break for 3 months. I did most of the rep stuff when I came back for the winter event. Plenty to do and plenty of fun to be had.

Don't treat it all as a job.

thats the problem it is a job one that has no real benefit i mean come on dilli plus marks plus the insanely boring rinse and repeat grind fest gets boring fast and for those with multiple toons makes them even dread logging in
  • Options
    projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Starbase assignments don't stop at Tier v - you can keep slotting them for more provisions. That invalidates your entire argument right there about "bordem". As for the rest of your "we're all good on all these other fronts, you should be happy with what we have! Look at how 5 of us can do it all, why can't you be cool like us?" commentary otherwise, I don't think Cryptic would even agree that that is sensible and they have some insane ideas.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

It's here now

Do it don't do who cares

Your post contributes nothing, does that make it a violation of forum rules?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tc10b wrote: »
    Grinding for the fleet base IS a job. It's supposed to be, it's supposed to give you something to do in game and you get something out of it in return.

No one is forcing you to do it. If you don't want to, don't.

Grinding for the fleet base is not a job. You're not getting paid to do it and you certainly aren't getting anything worth the time that goes into it. If you were you wouldn't be paying for provisions and then using those provisions as part of the cost to pay for items, would you?