test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Actor order in groups?

zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
Having a frustrating time trying to properly reskin space groups. How does actor order work?

Is it low to high, high to low, or ... what?
Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
Post edited by zahinder on

Comments

• Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Nagorak did a bit of research on this.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/trailers/essential-viewing/ship-scaling-for-npcs/

Don't worry its not a video ;)
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Use the new numbers listed next to the names. The order is based on ascending up those base numbers.

Err, does that make sense?

Like, for example:

(#348) - 4
    (#347) - 3
    (#346) - 2
    (#345) - 1
    (#349) - 5

Where 1,2,3,4,5 are the numbers listed on that guide. (But NOT PLAYERNUMBERS)
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just put the mob on a map behind an invisible wall, look at it to see who is who, and then reskin it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    Nagorak did a bit of research on this.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/trailers/essential-viewing/ship-scaling-for-npcs/

Don't worry its not a video ;)

That's outdated as of Season 6.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Well damn /10chars
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Now that I'm thinking about it, I think this was the break point for why I quit using Foundry way back when it was months old -- I literally couldn't manage to reskin space mobs consistently.

And the problem with 'just test and see' is that space spawns depend on party size.

Meh.

(I love Foundry and won't give up this time -- but I might end up sticking to only customizing ground units)
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited December 2012

It's been behaving consistently for me. It only didn't work for season 6 because they stopped assigning numbers. That said if someone is willing do some testing with a group, it might be worth confirming.
  • Options
    nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited December 2012

It's working again with S7 because we can see the actor numbers again. I haven't re-verified the entire scaling, but it definitely works with the NPCs visible with one player. I suspect it works with all of them, just using the actor numbers instead of order.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    edit: wrong thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]