test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Perhaps this game should be renamed as... (DC/SNR report)

notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
..."Disconnection online" or "Server not responding online"

At this is how it feels like these days.
Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by notapwefan on

Comments

• Options
    k022#6452 k022 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Star Trek Offline :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    game is working fine for most everyone I see. and talk too.
  • Options
    artfulmerkageartfulmerkage Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Customer Support Online
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran
  • Options
    yazzukayazzuka Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bugged garbage online
  • Options
    carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Perhaps the people that can't cope with unexpected downtimes and the like should go and play something else.
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    game is working fine for most everyone I see. and talk too.

Err. I haven't had a single SNR or disconnect in over a week. So much pointless QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whiners online,
    Stroppy Tantrums Online,
    No patience online.

Wish whiners went offline...
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Whiners online,
    Stroppy Tantrums Online,
    No patience online.

Wish whiners went offline...

Perhaps the people that can't cope with unexpected downtimes and the like should go and play something else.

It is going on for give or take 2 weeks, and I am not the only one who is affected by it. I may make a video for it, if required for those who are quicker than wrap speed to jump on the precalculated conclusion.

..and yep, I am quite aware of the technical difficulties when a product is not throughly tested and/or unexpected problems arise when it goes on a live production server. However, this problem is here for quite sometime, and even Cryptic has acknowledged that it has mostly to do with different gaming environment on the same sever machine, and this game has attracted quite a number of players since the launch of season 8.

So perhaps it is a wise idea to get some technical awareness, and problems in the product before responding with TRIBBLE replies like "go play somewhere else". Some people have real jobs and they have limited time to spend in gaming.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I used to work in a data centre as a security officer. The company, cant say what, was a small company but had a world wide clientele.

All the software on those servers, the coding, all the servers themselves, all the design work, artwork web page design everything was made and looked after by a team of no more than 25 people.

Out of office hours there was a call out in case things went wrong of no more than 2 persons. They had a set up where the servers and its software status could be seen directly on their phones at home. If the system crashed they had to come in and fix it and get in as many of the support staff as they saw fit.

I cant see STO having a staff total more than that. They are all running their nuts off getting this game to work.
  • Options
    nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Moaning about it won't ever get anywhere. Constructive feedback however is a different story. I still personally feel Cryptic need to get their act together. It's a great expansion, but I've never seen an MMO have so much down time, server issues and bugs in game as them. I haven't even experienced a launch as bad as the one they had. They really need to change how they run their servers in my opinion, having them all linked is insane.

At the end of the day, a service is a still a service, regardless of whether it is free or not. This is not what I call a great service. It might be a great expansion, but still..... a lot of work is needed.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmm... your memory seems to work slowly... I've had no connection issues for 2 weeks now.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I think this MMO is the best one I have ever played, yes they have their problems but I understand them and they are working through them. (No more 5 sec bootings in PvE Yaay!)

So credit where credit is due. STO brilliant, more please. If you dont like STO or its not your thing, you know where the door is dont bother with the lights, still plenty of us here keeping them all on. :)
  • Options
    carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Hmm... your memory seems to work slowly... I've had no connection issues for 2 weeks now.

That's great.....now if you can convince Cryptic to do the same for us,since LoR went live I have nothing but trouble....constant lag,disconnects,normal crashes with and without reports,Direct3D crashes,game just closing without warning....the list goes on.I rarely had issues before LoR,now it's nothing but......and don't tell me it's "on my end".
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • Options
    mrspam404mrspam404 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's great.....now if you can convince Cryptic to do the same for us,since LoR went live I have nothing but trouble....constant lag,disconnects,normal crashes with and without reports,Direct3D crashes,game just closing without warning....the list goes on.I rarely had issues before LoR,now it's nothing but......and don't tell me it's "on my end".

Maybe the problem is on your end as I have no trouble..... :eek::eek: