test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Subscription Sale Ending Soon! [Now Ended]

12346»

Comments

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just purchased another Lifetime sub on my 2nd (out of 5 accounts). At the next sale, I hope to have enough saved up to put the 3rd account on and so forth.

PS - My 2nd account was already a 700+ subscriber and I still went Lifetime over sub even 3 months. The goodies are well worth it even after 1000 days.
    5 accounts all to be upgraded to LTS with 8 charactors to start and more purchasable with your monthly zen, how many charactors have you got, you must be playing one of every species, i take my hat off to you.
    you must play non-stop, i put in a good few hours every day i can just about manage 3 charactors for now.

i have been playing for a year now as a free player but could not resist the sale offer, i am well happy with my LTS and i think the sale price was a steal, for the amount i have played already for free and now hope to repeat as a lifer and then some more each year after there is no form of entertainment that will ever match up on value for money as regards to LTS at sale price.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• xblazex#7666 xblazex Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have not been playing that long but wanted to say Thanks for sale just got my LTS great value made even better no que times , zen , loot
  • kevkla1269kevkla1269 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i hope they read this the server keeps losing conection for me also i can't get acess to the c store on the website
  • gefjongefjon Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but since you changed the Forums from Cryptic to PW my ID here does not say 'Career Officer' - although I do have a Lifetime Subscription.

How do I get it back please? :confused:
  • nonamesleft5nonamesleft5 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love the game, and was all about dropping the $$$ on a lifetime subscription. However, I will pass on the sale... if you can provide 2 weeks of non-stop server uptime, just 2 weeks I will pay whatever price you are charging. I will also join in overlooking the constantly overlooked bugs and glitches that everyone comments about but no one expects anything to be done about.
    And yes, I know I'm inviting the kool-aide drinkers in the white track suits to come in here and insult me for not being patient or understanding or for asking too much or whatever other TRIBBLE I see them spewing when they get bent out of shape at another players' complaints....
    But, for the record, I am a capitalist - I believe you guys should get paid to do your job, and I believe you should get paid as well as the service/product you provide is. At this point, an occasional zen purchase for random c-store goodies is as far as I think I am willing to go.

I'm just one person, so I know I don't matter, I just felt the need to vent in an area that one of the representatives of the company could see, even if only to twirl their moustache and s****** at me while caressing a bucket full of gold doubloons.
  • tdawg65tdawg65 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love the game, and was all about dropping the $$$ on a lifetime subscription. However, I will pass on the sale... if you can provide 2 weeks of non-stop server uptime, just 2 weeks I will pay whatever price you are charging. I will also join in overlooking the constantly overlooked bugs and glitches that everyone comments about but no one expects anything to be done about.
    And yes, I know I'm inviting the kool-aide drinkers in the white track suits to come in here and insult me for not being patient or understanding or for asking too much or whatever other TRIBBLE I see them spewing when they get bent out of shape at another players' complaints....
    But, for the record, I am a capitalist - I believe you guys should get paid to do your job, and I believe you should get paid as well as the service/product you provide is. At this point, an occasional zen purchase for random c-store goodies is as far as I think I am willing to go.

I'm just one person, so I know I don't matter, I just felt the need to vent in an area that one of the representatives of the company could see, even if only to twirl their moustache and s****** at me while caressing a bucket full of gold doubloons.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I had considered getting a lifetime sub to but I won't waste that kind of money with all the bugs and TRIBBLE they still have going on. I mean seriously, it got old real quick real fast. Let the kool-aide drinkers insult me. Don't give a rat's TRIBBLE one way or another. But I do care about getting booted whenever some jackass can't pick his or her feet up over a damn cord. When we can actually get through 2-4 weeks of not having been kicked off the game then I will reconsider getting a lifetime sub. But until then, I'll just keep getting the occasional stuff from the Zen Store.
  • superineptsuperinept Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a recent purchaser of a LTS, I think it is worth every penny. Between the stipend plus, as said above, just a little bit of dilithium zen and you can buy the outfit packs.
  • jakandarjakandar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    what's the point in adding more info about promotional deals and say nothing about the fact the servers have been down for almost 2 hours without any explanation.
    edited June 2013
    tdawg65 wrote: »
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. I had considered getting a lifetime sub to but I won't waste that kind of money with all the bugs and TRIBBLE they still have going on. I mean seriously, it got old real quick real fast. Let the kool-aide drinkers insult me. Don't give a rat's TRIBBLE one way or another. But I do care about getting booted whenever some jackass can't pick his or her feet up over a damn cord. When we can actually get through 2-4 weeks of not having been kicked off the game then I will reconsider getting a lifetime sub. But until then, I'll just keep getting the occasional stuff from the Zen Store.

That's the way it is. If I heard that the LTS get unlimited uptime, or a private server while the lower class f2p trash play on the outdated, diesel-powered rigs; well it might be worth it. A little bit of pointless info to make your heart bleed - been the most awful kind of day at work, a particularly craptastic TRIBBLE storm of TRIBBLE. Look forward to playing this silly game all day, get home...and surprise! the server is down...again... and no explanation or projected uptime. Sat around, read some, watched some tv, come back to check and still there is nothing. Also, for the record snickering is the word that got censored out of my post, only I spelled it the British way I guess and it had to letter "g's" instead of the "ck" my bad....
  • bcsg9erbcsg9er Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LTS not serving me now. Hope they bring the server backup soon. :(
  • johnnyjohnny1969johnnyjohnny1969 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ..... while the lower class f2p trash play on the outdated, diesel-powered rigs;....

'lower class f2p trash'?........Seriously?!?!?

Please tell me you were being sarcastic with this comment. Being able to shell out $300 to play this game does not entitle anyone to be that much of an elitist.

:cool:
  • savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Please tell me you were being sarcastic with this comment. Being able to shell out $300 to play this game does not entitle anyone to be that much of an elitist.

Is it that surprising people feel this way?

Before F2P , STF's were not that bad, fleets were stable, and the C-store was not the center of the game.

A lot of people who played since launch and subscribed or bought LTS's felt very cheated by the F2P move, especially given the repeated statements by Cryptic that the game would never go F2P.

Since F2P there's been alot of additional players, but zone chat is a nightmare, and STF's are full of people who refuse to listen or take advice.

Having spent money for the LTS and a great deal more in the C-store, it becomes .. amusing .. when someone who has played for a couple of months and hasn't spent a dime on the game somehow feels they should be treated the same as I.

They shouldn't. A player who is F2P but spends $10 or $15 bucks in the c-store every few months is the same as me. A subscriber is the same as me. The guy who blows $500 in the cstore every month is the same as me.

But the players who don't spend any money on the game? Sorry, I could honestly care less what they think, since they aren't helping anything get done and are usually the source of the most griefers and people who won't listen.

I'm very sorry if the truth makes you feel I'm being 'elitist'. I'm not suggesting you aren't a subscriber or that you fall into any of the categories above. But the honest truth is F2P players have zero reason to be complaining about downtimes and those who pay money to play have a right to feel frustrated about being cheated out of it by incompetence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013

I was continuing a conversation from the previous page that started with a post saying why I would *not* become a LTS.
    Yes, I was being sarcastic, apologies for not making that clear.

*I AM* f2p "trash" that's the impression I get. There is no counter keeping track of just how much Zen I have purchased - if there were then perhaps I would have eventually been on subscriber level.
    Also...$300?!? holy frak! Never! I'd have to have 100% uptime ALL OF THE TIME to even consider that....even then that's a bit of a stretch.
    edited June 2013
    savnoka wrote: »
    Is it that surprising people feel this way?

Before F2P , STF's were not that bad, fleets were stable, and the C-store was not the center of the game.

A lot of people who played since launch and subscribed or bought LTS's felt very cheated by the F2P move, especially given the repeated statements by Cryptic that the game would never go F2P.

Since F2P there's been alot of additional players, but zone chat is a nightmare, and STF's are full of people who refuse to listen or take advice.

Having spent money for the LTS and a great deal more in the C-store, it becomes .. amusing .. when someone who has played for a couple of months and hasn't spent a dime on the game somehow feels they should be treated the same as I.

They shouldn't. A player who is F2P but spends $10 or $15 bucks in the c-store every few months is the same as me. A subscriber is the same as me. The guy who blows $500 in the cstore every month is the same as me.

But the players who don't spend any money on the game? Sorry, I could honestly care less what they think, since they aren't helping anything get done and are usually the source of the most griefers and people who won't listen.

I'm very sorry if the truth makes you feel I'm being 'elitist'. I'm not suggesting you aren't a subscriber or that you fall into any of the categories above. But the honest truth is F2P players have zero reason to be complaining about downtimes and those who pay money to play have a right to feel frustrated about being cheated out of it by incompetence.

I can see your point. I just don't think it warrants petty name calling.

I was continuing a conversation from the previous page that started with a post saying why I would *not* become a LTS.
    Yes, I was being sarcastic, apologies for not making that clear.

*I AM* f2p "trash" that's the impression I get. There is no counter keeping track of just how much Zen I have purchased - if there were then perhaps I would have eventually been on subscriber level.
    Also...$300?!? holy frak! Never! I'd have to have 100% uptime ALL OF THE TIME to even consider that....even then that's a bit of a stretch.

Ok. I thought I detected a note of sarcasm, but wasn't sure. Up until a couple days ago I was 'f2p trash'...but spent at least $20 per month on Zen (damn those lockbox keys). I did become a 'Gold' subscriber as of Monday though (damn that larger inventory and account bank)

• gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In the very beginning of the game, a Lifetime Sub was an act of faith - no one knew how the game would turn out or if it had staying power. However there were still those that purchased LTS back then. I was more conservative and paid for a recurring 6-month subscription.

Flash forward ~2 yrs to PWE and the advent of F2P. After about 3 months into F2P I cancel my 6-month recurring sub and enjoy the freebie life for a while.

So, for all the smug "Gold" people that might have looked down on me during the months I was F2P, I in fact have paid more then they to play this game.

Morals of the story:
    • Don't assume everyone who is "Silver"/F2P has not paid their dues.
    • Don't assume you have spent more than someone else.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2013
    Lifetime subscriptions are on sale for only a short while longer, until June 21st, 2013 at 10AM PDT!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited June 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »

Morals of the story:
    • Don't assume everyone who is "Silver"/F2P has not paid their dues.
    • Don't assume you have spent more than someone else.

QFT!!

• tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Someone really dropped the ball on not having the romulan vet rewards ready for the end of the sale : pretty sure a lot of new people would have been swung over by another factions worth of vet goodies!
  • thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    (damn that larger inventory and account bank)

My thoughts exactly. I've been playing as a F2P'er since the game went to that model, although I've spent a decent bit on Zen for various things like character slots and some inventory space. I finally picked up a LTS about a week ago and was instantly happy I did for the storage space, Vet reward uniforms, and extra BOff space alone. Add in the stipend and that makes for one thrilled Rabbit.

Sure, this game has its issues, but it's still totally worth it to me.
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I may go for this when my finances get better but at 199 or better yet 150.I have given PWI enough of my $$$.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    doesn't do you any good Bran when can't get your stipend.....I'm still waiting for mine, it normaly comes on the ninth...

Could you see my other thread and help me out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is anyone able to buy ZEN? The support Forums are full of people complaining about paying for ZEN yet getting none. I am waiting almost a week now myself. What is going on?
This discussion has been closed.