test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Subscription Sale Ending Soon! [Now Ended]

Comments

• redsatyrredsatyr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just purchased my Lifetime Sub yesterday early evening, still don't have it yet. I'm super excited to start getting all of the benefits from it. I hope it doesn't take too much longer. I didn't think it'd take more than 24hrs to process. Hell, silly me, I didn't think it wouldn't be instant. :rolleyes:
  • williamjanewaywilliamjaneway Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Mine was instant. I logged out. Made transaction then logged in. Perks all achieved....
  • amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To celebrate the launch of Legacy of Romulus, lifetime subscriptions are on sale from now until June 21st, 2013 at 10AM PDT! Visit this page for full details.

Link to the Lifetime Subscription page.

I wish I could afford one, or get one for my Birthday (which is soon), yet that is unlikely for me, as the Sun is of getting Snow.

:(
  • zix74itaelitezix74itaelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just don't think I still be playing this game in a year.
    Lots of new MMos out there dued to come out within the next 24 months, then again i would consider buying a lts if the game gets finally out of beta (stable game mechanics anyone?), and if I start to seem some bug fix, I've been a goldmember (smoke and a pancake?) since 11/11 and some of the bugs are still here from day one of my subscription.... (how hard can it be to fix them or to be honest to your customers and tell us that you aren't able to fix them...).
    I'm also unsure if i'll stick to my subscription any longer (i still have about 10 day to think about), my fleetmates are slowly disappearing!!!! some of them moved to MWO some to PS2 and so on...
    Been an adult there its really nothing that stops me from spending money on a game (sigh), but those are the same money I work my AXE off every day, so I demand quality in exchange...
    Why have I been subscribing the game if the above is my idea of how things are?
    the answer its very simple: I've got a very bad case of Star trek addiction (hell i even like Voyager... is this bad) !!

There its also something else I would like to add on top of everything, the terms and conditions we all agree on upon downloading the game are just absurd, no rights for the customers too much power to the company that owns the game.... come on.... did you ever read them? They make my feel like an idiot every time a renew my subscription...
    Its already hard to live with that on monthly basis therefore I'm not about to commit to that for a whole LIFE time.... at least this way I feel (yes I'm aware its an illusion) that if things change to much I can still take a little action to voice my opinion (that would be cancelling my subsciption)...

pls English its not my language if something its unclear just ask and try to picture yourself posting something in Italian....
  • bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There its also something else I would like to add on top of everything, the terms and conditions we all agree on upon downloading the game are just absurd, no rights for the customers too much power to the company that owns the game.... come on.... did you ever read them? They make my feel like an idiot every time a renew my subscription...

It's no different than any other MMO out there.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
    edited June 2013
    Mine was instant. I logged out. Made transaction then logged in. Perks all achieved....

That's lame. I checked with my credit card company and they said they only see a $1 charge. I checked online and that's still all I see. Still no response to my ticket I submitted. Just take my $200 and give me my virtual s***! :P

Perhaps it has to do with when I purchase it? When did you buy yours?
    edited June 2013

You should read Sony's. With that whole hacking deal that happen some time ago, I'm pretty sure I read that the terms and conditions legal stuff said that you own the PS3, unless you try hacking it, then it's theirs. Something to that effect. Basically, I'd be hard-pressed to find a company that DIDN'T have that sort of stuff in their legal agreements which we have to agree upon.
  • williamjanewaywilliamjaneway Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    redsatyr wrote: »
    That's lame. I checked with my credit card company and they said they only see a $1 charge. I checked online and that's still all I see. Still no response to my ticket I submitted. Just take my $200 and give me my virtual s***! :P

Perhaps it has to do with when I purchase it? When did you buy yours?

I got mine last week, 28th I think. Like I say. I logged out went to website, upgraded and then logged in and it was all set to go :)
    edited June 2013
    I got mine last week, 28th I think. Like I say. I logged out went to website, upgraded and then logged in and it was all set to go :)

Yeah... I've done that a few dozen times and I still see that I'm "inactive". Hopefully they'll fix this tomorrow before I'm off work. I want to open more lock boxes!!! :P
    edited June 2013
    Yeah... still nothing. Wtf? Charge the $200 to my account already! :mad:
  • gabesoutogabesouto Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just bought my LTS. :D No problem, used Paypal. And very, very happy...
    edited June 2013
    gabesouto wrote: »
    Just bought my LTS. :D No problem, used Paypal. And very, very happy...

Argh! If there wasn't a pending $1 on my bank account from Perfect World, I'd redo it. I don't want to end up buying two...
  • trillscientisttrillscientist Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I believe the pending 1$ is PWE's way of checking if the card is valid and happens every time you change the card details or try to make a purchase.

When I tried to get a gold sub 2 weeks ago I noticed a typo in my name, so I aborted the payment and changed it. Now I have 3$ pending on my card for the second week, and no information on when this is getting cleared/cancelled.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I believe the pending 1$ is PWE's way of checking if the card is valid and happens every time you change the card details or try to make a purchase.

When I tried to get a gold sub 2 weeks ago I noticed a typo in my name, so I aborted the payment and changed it. Now I have 3$ pending on my card for the second week, and no information on when this is getting cleared/cancelled.

The clear is done by the individual bank, the vendor who requested the verification has no control over it. Most banks clear them within 2 or 3 business days, but some go longer.

Contact your bank for specifics on their policies.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • gabesoutogabesouto Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Argh! If there wasn't a pending $1 on my bank account from Perfect World, I'd redo it. I don't want to end up buying two...

I hope you sort this issue soon... My buyer's experience was perfect: a couple of minutes after paying I log in and all the Veteran Rewards were there. Instantly. Tokens, ships, uniforms... even the fireworks! :P I'm almost tempted to start with a Liberated Borg character, but I'm a little lazy right now. :rolleyes:
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    LOL.. that is all.
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You should read Sony's. With that whole hacking deal that happen some time ago, I'm pretty sure I read that the terms and conditions legal stuff said that you own the PS3, unless you try hacking it, then it's theirs. Something to that effect. Basically, I'd be hard-pressed to find a company that DIDN'T have that sort of stuff in their legal agreements which we have to agree upon.

the supreme court shot that down along with the deal with not being able to mod your cell phones.

They still do what they want, but they're not supposed to.
  • gockagocka Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    is lifetime worth for buying or is it not really a difference as f2p?
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gocka wrote: »

Depends on how seriously you take this game, or how much you would enjoy the extra features. The answer differs for everyone, only you can decide how an LTS would effect you.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
    edited June 2013
    i don't know, i like the game a lot, but there is not much a lot difference between a sub and a f2p, i like the veteran awards, and it nice that you don't need to mine the delirium everyday and ofcourse the monthly stipend is very nice to. i played this game for only a week or 2, and like i said before its a very nice game, but if i check the features matrix, i don't see a lot of difference. Or am i missing something?? i played swtor to, and i spend so many money on it, that i don't want to make the same mistake anymore.. I can get out of this puzzle that i stay f2p or that i go for lts :)
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    SWTOR is a very different model to STO as most restrictions here can be lifted very cheaply. if you are going to play and don't worry about the veteran awards then just going ala carte with the odd month here and there to 'top up' on gold benefits will likely suffice and will of course allow you to buy ships and things you will enjoy sooner.

Be under no illusion however that even lifers spend money here to top up a monthly stipend, we don't just buy things with a stipend alone (generally).

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
    edited June 2013
    i'm going to wait until 20 june :) i'll decide then, untill then i'll play the game and see if i'm still up for LTS or not :) but thanks for the qiuck reply :)
    edited June 2013
    gocka wrote: »
    Depends on how you play & what you want. If you're pure F2P, maybe buying some Zen every once in a while, I'd just stick to F2P.

However, if you're subbing a few months at a time, going LTS is worth it when it's on sale. At $199 you're basically pre-paying for 1 year worth of subbing, and you get the same benefits after that for free. Plus you get all the Veteran rewards up front, and a few perks only available to Lifers (like playable Borg).

I went ahead and bought the LTS last night. I'm sure I'd put in more than $200 over the last few years, between occasional subbing and buying C-Points/Zen. This just puts it all up front for me. Also, the Chimera (LTS only Fed ship) is a beast when you go full tactical. o.o
    ____
  • morpheusssssmorpheusssss Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bought it two weeks ago and I'm very happy ^^
  • roborovzkiroborovzki Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've got mine a few days ago... Went smooth.

It was worth it, in my opinion!
  • trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    roborovzki wrote: »
    I've got mine a few days ago... Went smooth.

It was worth it, in my opinion!

Wait a while, check back in with us in about 3-5 months or so and let us know if you feel the same way.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
    edited June 2013
    trellabor wrote: »
    Wait a while, check back in with us in about 3-5 months or so and let us know if you feel the same way.
    I just got a LTS recently as well. Unless the game somehow shuts down in the next six months, I'll be satisfied with it. I've played off and on since Season 1 (Tamarian Envoy here), the current stuff doesn't even make me bat an eye.
    ____
  • ladyinferno2010ladyinferno2010 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I bit. Quite a large chunk of change for me, but I'm already enjoying the ship slots, character slots and respec tokens (I really needed those). Saving $100 was just gravy on the cake.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am now a lifetimer ...and an old timer. Happy Birthday to me! :D

P.S. I was happy to see the change took effect immediately; no delay as some people were reporting.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • revlotrevlot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What would be nice is if Lifetime Subscribers got a small stipend of various marks every month, just like they already get 500 Zen each month. And a Marks Package from the C-Store or Dil Store would be nice too.
This discussion has been closed.