What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage - 6/13 [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    kenshi6767kenshi6767 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Apparently there has been no word from anyone. And i have been monitoring FB also.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In all honesty, Neverwinter being garbage made me try out STO, and I love it. So there is a positive to NW, lol.
  • Options
    weirdoman1weirdoman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, I'm getting tired of this TRIBBLE, yet us STO players basically are doing what Data so famously did...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmqcFEnbaWM
    Spock: If I were human, I believe my response would be... "Go to hell"... if I were human.

Data: Captain, I believe I speak for everyone here, sir, when I say, "To hell with our orders." :cool:
  • Options
    bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was playing earlier today with some lag.
    Logged off and tried to log on just now, and could'nt.
    So i went to the website to check out the forums, and i guess the servers are down.
    Well...that explains why i cant log in, but is this the reason why every1 is seeming to have lag problems?
    Hopefully everything will be back to normal in a few days;)

"This is Admiral BumBleBush...Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus...I order you lower your shields and weapons, or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • Options
    silenthunter76silenthunter76 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After submitting bug reports about 'Second Wave' I can no longer got to the character selection page.
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bwahahahha the login server has now forgotten my user name priceless....

Dev: oops! format c:\
  • Options
    jalesjales Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My husband is an IT guy. He watches multiple servers. If the server goes down he gets an alarm on his phone that wakes him up and instant emails on what is going on. He can fix it from our bedroom in usually 20 minutes. On a few rare occasions, it's taken him hours, but that's what happens when some IT wannabe jacks up your programming and gives you the "What? I didn't do nothing!" story. You kind of have to chase it down yourself.

Yes, it's possible.

FYI, you're letting a jock kick your butt in IT, guys.
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nice 2 hours now and no response from them yet.. is that a new record`?
  • Options
    kedmakedma Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kenshi6767 wrote: »
    Apparently there has been no word from anyone. And i have been monitoring FB also.

Quick... hurry up dammit... maybe they wont notice..
  • Options
    elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have some discounted ZEN I want to spend, damn it! lol
  • Options
    ondolindeondolinde Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *pokes at the server*

Nope. Still down.

Been down for what almost 2 hours now?

Is this normal for STO?

Will I lose everything I had gained for the mission I was running at the time the server went down? I was in the middle of going from one area of the same mission to the next when the server crashed.

And why is the forum clock an hour slow? lol
  • Options
    codyniz1codyniz1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Server just went down. Let's wait for some sort of announcement about this.
  • Options
    qoojoqoojo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can haz his stuffs when you pry it from the cold dead server. ;)

Sweet. I put it next to charlton heston's gun.
  • Options
    sirphoenixknightsirphoenixknight Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    50+ pages and still no admin response to the situation lol
  • Options
    phadrenphadren Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For the server being down I DEMAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100 billion Tribbles, case of Saurian Brandy, :cool:and a few Orion women sent to my cabin. };-}>
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    on the 12th day of christmas, all that i ever seen, was
    12 logins failed,
    11 items missing,
    10 people yelling,
    9 people crashing,
    8 desktops showing,
    7 maps are glithing,
    6 trollers trolling,
    5 people saying,
    4 ships are bugging,
    3 people quitting,
    2 warps are failing,
    and 1 gorn throwing a tree!!! :D
    lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    zachariyazachariya Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Server says it's up. Prepare for the flood of players logging on to crash it again!

Still says its down for me
    Shoot through the Galaxy, Final Master Spark!
  • Options
    therover8511therover8511 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wonder exactly how hard it would be for them to say, I don't know... go onto some area where the entire community for STO can interact... Perhaps like a forum or something which we know doesn't exist...

And say something like

oh hey "the servers are down" which is obvious I know but the more important part follows---"we are working to get them back up, we expect the down time to last ______" fill in the blank.

But since there is really no good place for them to perform this courtesy I guess we will just let it to the ether.

Another nice thing would be "Thank you for being patient while we get our **** together, here's some Zen for your patience" or something.

But alas the lost art of Customer Service died the minute Wal-Mart opened their first supercenter.
  • Options
    halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    talia034 wrote: »
    Server still down, huh?

I guess these folks have a lot of difficulty getting it up. :(

they need those little blue pills for when the time is right!
    roflmao
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
  • Options
    ernee414ernee414 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can haz his stuffs when you pry it from the cold dead server. ;)

They still haven't REALLY acknowledged a problem yet, so of course they haven't shared the reasoning. Hell check the time stamp on the twitter thing. It was posted like 15-20 minutes AFTER the server being down threads were started and it didn't say "Our servers are down," it said they will be coming down. They should really work on their timing and speaking in the proper tense.
  • Options
    usmc1980usmc1980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Even waiting there will be bugs in the patches. Bugs they didn't see until a member reports it like right now with the server being down. Things like this happen. Take a chill pill.

Things like this don't "just happen"... it's plain sloppy programming... they have a test server <== USE it... paying for a LTS at this point with all the bugs and failures is a lot like buying a brand new car and watching it rust away because you can't drive it.
  • Options
    genrldestructiongenrldestruction Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    treking2 wrote: »
    It appears that anything more than a memory leak that requires
    just a simple server restart [to clear the problem temporarily]
    is enough to fluster this tech team. *sigh*

There is nothing worse than a bug/glitch that is hard to track down. It always makes someone (or a group of people) look bad for something that isn't necessarily their fault. We had a change at work that was blamed for some downtime, but the real problem was something really stupid, easily fixed, and had nothing to do with what people thought was going on. It only took 3 hours to find it, too. Give them some time and some credit. (Though I will say that the frequency of system downtime seems quite high...)
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I downloaded the game last night, got to enjoy it for an hour before heading to bed. Then I wake up and there's this patch that takes half an hour. Then I log in and hit a brick wall with servers being taken down for maintenance. Then I go to work and come back home and got to play for 5 minutes before servers went down. >.< Is this a daily occurrence with this game?
  • Options
    keiichi2032keiichi2032 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ... its telling me my account is inactive... for both STO and CO. Is this a downtime-related issue, or is this just me? Furthermore, when I go to manage accounts, it asks me to log into my account, in which time it tells me my password is wrong... but I'm logged in right now...

Is anyone else having these issues? I can't wrap my head around it.
    Paid STO subscriber since December 2010, and DJ for mmo-radio
  • Options
    logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you would think with all the money they made from me and others that they could afford some top quality techs and equipment to prevent stuff like this from happening

Do they want to spend most of their money creating rock-solid code and distributed hardware systems that can maintain near constant uptime or do they want to spend money developing as much new content as possible and getting it released as soon as it is reasonably stable?

STO is not the launch control program for the US's nuclear missiles. Most players would prefer a system that suffers a few hours of downtime a week and is constantly being updated and patched to one that is taken down only a few times a year but hardly ever receives any new content.
  • Options
    svengali8svengali8 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have some discounted ZEN I want to spend, damn it! lol

agreed me too..hurry up!!LOL!!
  • Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    why is he in the netherlands ?

Because he deserves everything they have to offer? Maybe? Y'think? :cool:
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2013
    are we sure the entire server is down?

its been what almost an hour and not even an update on Branflakes twitter or main Sto twitter site about sorry captains were working on it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With all that Lag delay I have been getting lately, go figure the server is down yet again :rolleyes:.
  • Options
    briqe51briqe51 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm waiting for militant Iranians to take credit for the train wreck.
This discussion has been closed.